Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo (38092 Views)

Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Tonniey(m): 7:44am On Oct 12, 2015
That's good
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by onyepapa(m): 7:44am On Oct 12, 2015
Nebo you lie!!! We all know that it's buhari's body odour

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Exponental(m): 7:44am On Oct 12, 2015
ok
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by successthe1(m): 7:46am On Oct 12, 2015
HELLO PUBLICANS,THIS IS TO INFORM YOU ALL THAT MAGNUS FILM ACADEMY IS COLLABORATING WITH THE NIGERIA FILM INDUSTRY {NOLLY WOOD ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY} UNDER THE DIRECTION FROM THE NIGERIA ENTERTAINMENT PRESIDENT IN TRAINING,EMPLOYING,CREATING INDIVIDUAL SKILL AND DEVELOPING INDIVIDUAL`S TALENTS,THIS TRAINING IS FOR THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SUPER STAR IN THE FOLLOWING SUB-LISTED [1] ACTING [2] DANCING [3] SINGING [4] SCRIP WRITER [5] VIDEO COVERAGE [6] PHOTOGRAPHY [7] SHOOTING OF PLAYS,DRAMAR,MUSIC AND MORE....KINDLY LOOK OUT FROM OUR POSTER ON HOW TO REGISTER OR INBOX ME FOR MORE DETAIL....YOU CAN ALSO REACH US ON OUR EMIL ADDRESS reg.nollywoodentertainment@gmail.com REMEMBER YOUR OPPORTUNITY HAS COME TO LIVE YOUR DREAM THAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SO GAP YOUR CHANCE IN THIS PROGRAM OR CALL +2348029070869

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by dododawa1: 7:48am On Oct 12, 2015
Who is PAT NEBO
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by techmart(m): 7:52am On Oct 12, 2015
God bless both Jonathan and Sai baba......

God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by maduxs: 7:54am On Oct 12, 2015
Buhari. has. No plan all he wants is to return power to the north he is brain dead.lying government

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Amack(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2015
Saboteurs. My question is how many power plants did GEJ commission before He live office on 29 may. They no what they are doing. They sabotage all GEJ effort to stabilise electricity. North, Tinubu and Amechi. Baba did not do any magic quote me anywhere.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by kayve(m): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2015
I won't attribute all to Buhari. Truth be told, GEJ did his bit but could not give us what we need.
All of a sudden PMB came & we saw light like magic.
I dunno about you guys area but my area in surulere lagos, we enjoy power supply.
Maybe we shud say there was sumfin PMB said that GEJ cud not say in all his 6yrs (I dunno sha)

4 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by kheni28(m): 7:57am On Oct 12, 2015
playtheblues:
The improvement lasted for about two months and has now been quenched by Buhari's body odour.
. U don't knw wat ur saying... don't allow hate take over ur reasoning... jonathan did his best,but could not stop vandalism of gas pipeline.. under buhari,dis has rily reduced...

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Gbajabiamila1: 7:58am On Oct 12, 2015
Brytawon:
Former Power Minister Prof. Chinedu Nebo has attributed the nation’s improved power supply to efforts of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

He argued that it would be wrong for Nigerians to attribute the improvement in power supply to President Muhammadu Buhari’s body language and his anti-corruption stance.

The former minister, who served as the pioneer vice chancellor of the Federal University, Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) before he was appointed minister, said Jonathan did his best to transform the power sector, but was frustrated by saboteurs.

Nebo spoke in Ikole Ekiti on Saturday, where he was conferred with an honorary chieftaincy title of the Atayese of Egbeoba kingdom by the Elekole, Oba Ajibade Adewumi Fasiku.

The traditional ruler also honoured the ex-minister’s wife, Felicia, with the title of Yeye Atayese of Egbeoba kingdom.

They were honoured for their contributions to the establishment of the FUOYE’s Faculty of Engineering in Ikole town during Nebo’s tenure.

Nebo said: “Some said it was Buhari’s body language that brought the improvement, but I didn’t know what they meant. You can see that these saboteurs have stopped regular bursting of the gas pipes that powered the electricity since President Buhari came on board. Some people did not want Jonathan to succeed.

“Some of these people were doing this great disservice because they did not like President Jonathan. The regular supply is Jonathan’s

labour. The present administration has not added any value to the sector and Nigerians must appreciate this.

“President Buhari will do wonders if he strengthens embedded generation and built more infrastructure for transmission of power.

“He should also change the threshold for licensing from one megawatt to five megawatts because the former has no incentive for investors and I believe Nigeria will leapfrog from 4,000 megawatts to something more appreciable, if this is done.”

On the perceived marginalisation of the Southeast from key appointments made so far, Nebo appealed to the people of the zone to be patient with the President.

He noted that the lopsidedness would be corrected in the next appointments.

The Elekole said the conferment of the titles on Nebo and his wife was in acknowledgement of their contributions to the university and the town’s development.

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-power-supply-improved-under-buhari-by-nebo/
Body language? What exactly is body language?
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Ucbiu(m): 7:59am On Oct 12, 2015
SAI BABA .... grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by sule5727: 7:59am On Oct 12, 2015
Brytawon:
Former Power Minister Prof. Chinedu Nebo has attributed the nation’s improved power supply to efforts of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

He argued that it would be wrong for Nigerians to attribute the improvement in power supply to President Muhammadu Buhari’s body language and his anti-corruption stance.

The former minister, who served as the pioneer vice chancellor of the Federal University, Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) before he was appointed minister, said Jonathan did his best to transform the power sector, but was frustrated by saboteurs.

Nebo spoke in Ikole Ekiti on Saturday, where he was conferred with an honorary chieftaincy title of the Atayese of Egbeoba kingdom by the Elekole, Oba Ajibade Adewumi Fasiku.

The traditional ruler also honoured the ex-minister’s wife, Felicia, with the title of Yeye Atayese of Egbeoba kingdom.

They were honoured for their contributions to the establishment of the FUOYE’s Faculty of Engineering in Ikole town during Nebo’s tenure.

Nebo said: “Some said it was Buhari’s body language that brought the improvement, but I didn’t know what they meant. You can see that these saboteurs have stopped regular bursting of the gas pipes that powered the electricity since President Buhari came on board. Some people did not want Jonathan to succeed.

“Some of these people were doing this great disservice because they did not like President Jonathan. The regular supply is Jonathan’s

labour. The present administration has not added any value to the sector and Nigerians must appreciate this.

“President Buhari will do wonders if he strengthens embedded generation and built more infrastructure for transmission of power.

“He should also change the threshold for licensing from one megawatt to five megawatts because the former has no incentive for investors and I believe Nigeria will leapfrog from 4,000 megawatts to something more appreciable, if this is done.”

On the perceived marginalisation of the Southeast from key appointments made so far, Nebo appealed to the people of the zone to be patient with the President.

He noted that the lopsidedness would be corrected in the next appointments.

The Elekole said the conferment of the titles on Nebo and his wife was in acknowledgement of their contributions to the university and the town’s development.

http://thenationonlineng.net/why-power-supply-improved-under-buhari-by-nebo/
ok fine why is it that during the former president the was not light
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by kheni28(m): 8:00am On Oct 12, 2015
maduxs:
Buhari. has. No plan all he wants is to return power to the north he is brain dead.lying government
. Can u just listen to urself... dis doesn't appeal to universal reason... it's pure hate

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Etizz: 8:00am On Oct 12, 2015
Even as I like buhari's government, I will confidently say his few months in power can not just make the change we experience in Electrical power right now, u should know he has contributed nothing much to the power sector, so Where is d magic coming from, definitely, GEJ has credit for dat, but I know buhari will make it better than what we are experiencing right now..... Long live NIGERIA, LONG LIVE NIGERIANS, LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by BashMe1(m): 8:00am On Oct 12, 2015
Shameless oldman, why wasn't d said power constant durin' jonathan's?

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Gbajabiamila1: 8:00am On Oct 12, 2015
donald2299:
NOTICE! NOTICE!! NOTICE !!!
Study the following courses abroad at the cheapest rate ever,(less than #200,000 a year)
Pharmacy, information technology (computer science), economics, architecture, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, entrepreneur, public/business administration, marine engineering, nursing, etc call now, first come first serve
Whatsapp, viber, call
+639054386852.
Nice information, would have asked about Masters programmes but one has to be careful with people who registered yesterday and pasted something 'interesting' like yours today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Barcholder: 8:02am On Oct 12, 2015
redsconsult:
The improvement in power sector was a mirage.. Am a staunch supporter of buhari but truth be told after 100days in service power supply have dropped immensely. The saboteurs have found another method to sabotage the power to enable end users to continue to buy more fuel to power household generators and also to purchase generators. Where they make huge revenue.

Until this government ban the generator importation and its use in public domain, we can not Ve stable power supply.
Until nebo and govt brings the saboteurs to justice cause it will be very wrong to tell us that they don't know them.

Nebo and his group collects kickback from this saboteurs. Nigeria present capacity can accommodate 10000 megawatts of electricity. The gas station are doing their best we keep hearing increase in generation of power but with no relative increase in supply.

The reason that there's no increase in supply regardless of the amount of generation, is the constraint in Transmission. The transmission lines can only harness 5,000MW, so that's where the real bottleneck lies. If we suddenly increased generation to 100,000MW, it would make no difference as TCN (Transmission Company of Nigeria) cannot handle or harness the power. Until that problem is resolved, people will be waiting another 50 years for stable power supply.

Regards

Uvie

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Ofornaira: 8:04am On Oct 12, 2015
playtheblues:
The improvement lasted for about two months and has now been quenched by Buhari's body odour.
U are correct bros. Why wont it 'quench' if i may ask. The pipe line vandals thought that pmb was serious at earlier stage when he was shouting war against corruption. They have gone back to their illicit activities of bursting the pipe line when they saw that pmb doesn't mean his words. The kind of people in the ministerial list submitted to the senate can convince u that we have entered 'one chance'. It only God that can save us from this situation.

3 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Barcholder: 8:06am On Oct 12, 2015
kheni28:
. U don't knw wat ur saying... don't allow hate take over ur reasoning... jonathan did his best,but could not stop vandalism of gas pipeline.. under buhari,dis has rily reduced...

Please, stop with the foolish propaganda, power supply is terrible right now, and has been since around the middle of September. We are now frequently going 24 hours without so much as a flash of light in the Lekki area, something which i've never seen during my 2 and a half years in Nigeria. I'm not affected by it because I am fully off-grid with Solar Power and have 24 hours light, but it remains a fact and I'm surrounded by homes that have had their generators on constantly over the weekend.

Stop with the propaganda and misinformation.

Regards

Uvie

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Boyooosa(m): 8:07am On Oct 12, 2015
why does he need to feed NIgerians dis kind of irrelevant story. 'Na Jonathan do am, no be Buhari buh Jonathan no fit handle pple wey de under am buh the workers com fear Buhari and start to de do their primary duty diligently....' mimicking him. A complete leader is a leader dat can drive both his vision and his team to fulfilled point. Didnt you read about Moses and Joshua's in the Bible, then go and read it and re-write ur artice lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 12, 2015
disloman:
Oga Nebo!I know that from your statement,you don't believe in Baba's body odour.What stopped the saboteurs from carrying out their job?They(saboteurs)know that the man(PMB)won't take sh1t.Impunity is no longer allowed in this regime.

.... Or they have been paid off for the good job done.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Pavarottii(m): 8:08am On Oct 12, 2015
otukpo:
Nebo, we know the truth..
Best comment on FP! Thank God some people are aware of what is happening in this country. May God continue to give u wisdom to see more.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by babyphaze77(m): 8:10am On Oct 12, 2015
Electricity has not improved in my area. We have not used electricity since January. Buhari does not have any effect in my area.

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by falan: 8:13am On Oct 12, 2015
everybody become CHRISTIAN.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by advocates: 8:13am On Oct 12, 2015
The man Nebo who felt he knows it all when it comes to power is obviously not happy that a more competent permanent secretary in the power ministry is doing a better job with almost no budget.

That he got his chieftaincy from Ekiti says it all. That he also dive into politics of marginalisation in his last statement speaks volume of his hypocritical stance against the government. And to think he was left out of the ministerial appointments may have doubled his frustration. Ride on Bubu.

2 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by redsconsult(m): 8:13am On Oct 12, 2015
Barcholder:

The reason that there's no increase in supply regardless of the amount of generation, is the constraint in Transmission. The transmission lines can only harness 5,000MW, so that's where the real bottleneck lies. If we suddenly increased generation to 100,000MW, it would make no difference as TCN (Transmission Company of Nigeria) cannot handle or harness the power. Until that problem is resolved, people will be waiting another 50 years for stable power supply.

Regards

Uvie
when they were transmitting at 3500 mega watts to 4000megawatts during the first 100 days we were witnessing close to 18hrs power in our homes. What happen to that.
And now that we are transmitting at peak of 4750 megawatts we can hardly get 8hrs in a day.

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by ThisMeansWAR: 8:13am On Oct 12, 2015
Ofcourse the saboteurs ran away cos they couldn't stand the body language of the president, they know he won't stand vandals ..

He didnt know its even an insult on gej that the whole preseident couldnt come up with an idea to stop vandalism. no wonder he couldn't stop book haram before they got out if hands ... Dumb clueless ex president..

To think this dumb ediot called nebo said sometimes ago that regular power supply is impossible in Nigeria is now saying some dumb president should take praise for power that we didn't see ... Mumu

1 Like

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by Intendy: 8:14am On Oct 12, 2015
modath:

Who were his friends who import Generators & also collect subsidy..

The less power supplied, the more fuel is being bought to power generators, which translates to more money for their bank accounts in the ongoing subsidy scam & generators bought...
God bless you.
by the way what made the frustration of the President effort a success?
we all know the answer.
Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by arafone(m): 8:15am On Oct 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Zombie you stink.

You think power generation is something that can just happen at once??

The job was done by GEJ's team. Simple!

I believe a smelly zombie like you should know.
GEJ and his team were there for 6yrs and nothing improved..6yrs is enough time for power to improve but nothing

2 Likes

Re: Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo by texazzpete(m): 8:15am On Oct 12, 2015
Brytawon:

Na only Baba God go save us from these unrepentant charlatans.

The past administration was earmarking N100bn from taxpayers money for amnesty payment for security, paying tens of billions in pipeline security contracts and paying millions of dollars to ex-militants to secure the waterways...yet they will still come and bleat about people busting pipelines and 'saboteurs'. are they mad?

Nobody cares if any coven of demons were out to 'sabotage' GEJ. GEJ collected our money to stop such things. If they are claiming these things were a significant factor, let them come and account for all the money paid out.

Nonsense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Special Forces Kill Scores Of Bandits Terrorising Abuja-Kaduna Road / Buhari Under Pressure To Reveal His Illness-- CNN / PDP National Headquarters: Where Did The Monies Go To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.