Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,909 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu (1800 Views)

Stop Praising Osinbajo, Nothing Like 'Osinbajo Administration’ - APC Group / Listen To Nigerians, There’s Too Much Hunger In The Country, Fayose Tells Buhari / Office Of The "First Lady": How Buhari Deceived Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by wachakuta(m): 9:39am On Oct 12, 2015

Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, on Tuesday maintained that fuel subsidy is a major source of corruption in the country.

Aliyu added that funds believed to be coming from SURE-P are actually from the federation account.

The governor said this in Minna at the inauguration of a three-star hotel constructed jointly by the Niger State Development Company Limited and the State SURE-P.

He believed that a total removal of subsidy from petroleum products by the Federal Government remains the best solution to stop the endemic corruption in the system.

Aliyu said, “I have been vindicated. When some years back I took a principled position as one of the few governors who said ‘remove fuel subsidy’. It is a cartel for corruption.

“Many people did not understand that time, some publicists didn’t agree with me. They said ‘don’t remove it, it is the common man that will suffer’, but I said ‘which common man, when already the time you are talking about subsidy, the common man goes to buy it triple the price, that you call subsidy’.

“Earlier, we deceived ourselves that there was SURE-P money, but it was the money from our federation account that they were giving to us as SURE-P fund. But we are happy, at least they have set that aside. For me, you will remember when I said ‘remove fuel subsidy’, they burnt my town. People were imported from outside to burn Minna.

“There is no government out there, you are the government. Anything that is done, is for your welfare, own it, take it and don’t allow somebody to come and reduce you and make you a pauper and then he will go back to his village and start sinking things. Own what is yours. Government is not all about the officials alone.

“Therefore, I ask, subsidy for whom? In the whole of Niger State at that time, even the government’s fuel station were not selling at the subsidised rate. Yes, they were selling lower than the commercial filling stations, but they are also above the subsidised rate.

“Why were we having the problems? It is because those who have been enjoying the subsidy have seen the sign that it may be removed and they are afraid. Subsidy is a cartel for corruption.

“People must know how their resources are being expended. I kept crying that we could not rely on the oil revenue. Now, the truth has come in our own time. I thought we will leave the scene before the crash, but the crash has come.

“The removal of fuel subsidy will also ensure the activities of ‘mafias’ in the oil business are stopped while also guaranteeing regular supply of the product in all parts of the country.”

“We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu | Omojuwa
http://omojuwa.com/2015/05/we-deceived-nigerians-there-was-nothing-like-sure-p-fund-gov-aliyu/

1 Like

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by ikbnice(m): 9:42am On Oct 12, 2015
I'm not surprised. GEJ's administration was when corruption no get level again.

1 Like

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by TeGaTeGa1(m): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2015
in mama peace voice: Kontinue
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by demolinka(m): 9:46am On Oct 12, 2015
And u think say we nor know That was why we sent j#$%&*+n and p&%*-#%nce back to otukeke
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 12, 2015
Stealing is not Corruption.

In PMB voice' I will fight kwrruption
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 12, 2015
story for the gods, Omo, that source is scary.
Meanwhile,
Are you looking for work from Home part time jobs? Home based typing jobs are now being offered by many Companies!
Receive your paychecks every month! Full training provided by the company itself. No Selling Required. Please visit the website in my signature for more details and signup
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by wachakuta(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2015
For Aliyu to say dis... it means even d guilty ones r finding life uncomfortable in Nigeria...

Sai Baba
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by Burger01(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2015
We knew all along, and that was why we voted Jonathan out.undecided
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by WHOcarex: 9:51am On Oct 12, 2015
Too bad
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 12, 2015
Didn't I tell you! That woman is a big fat thieving liar

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 12, 2015
Kk
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by WHOcarex: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2015
chukingchuks:
story for the gods, Omo, that source is scary.
Its JJ Omojuwa's stew. Chop am e sweet.
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2015
You didn't deceive Nigerians; you only deceived yourselves.

You all will receive the natural consequences of your abuse of office and public trust. You were given the mandate to make lives meaningful for Nigerians but you all followed your base and primitive nature of lies and corruption. You all won't survive the brutal infamy that await you.
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2015
WHOcarex:
Its JJ Omojuwa's stew. Chop am e sweet.
it does not look tasty. anyways, let me have a little taste of it.
Meanwhile,
Are you looking for work from Home part time jobs? Home based typing jobs are now being offered by many Companies!
Receive your paychecks every month! Full training provided by the company itself. No Selling Required. Please visit the website in my signature for more details and signup
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by globalresource: 10:05am On Oct 12, 2015
Scam shocked
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by suxkill: 10:09am On Oct 12, 2015
I toured the entire Plateau state today, seeking for where I will buy fuel @ the rate if #57, I managed to confront a fuel attendant about the change in price.the guy almost removed my teeth ooh.
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by themilanway(m): 10:28am On Oct 12, 2015
We knew it was all hog wash all along.You decieved gullible Nigerians,not some one like me.

Funny enough,if the government picks you and Your ilks up for embezzlement of funds,some fools here will start shouting witch hunting,selective probe,media trial etc etc.
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2015
How did we get to this sorry pass? Fools are parading all over the place as 'leaders'. I thought since the PDP lost at his senatorial district, state and federal level that we have heard the last from this clown.

PMB, please look in his direction. He used the state allocation for 8 years to do billboards of 'Talban Minna'
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 12, 2015
Waiting for a more credible source. For those on Twitter, we all know Omojuwa as an unrepentant APC asslicker
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by tuniski: 10:51am On Oct 12, 2015
It is not deception but, poor use of language. SURE-P,PTF and the likes are no cash cows but, a retention of what would have been paid to those cabal as subsidy. It simply means instead of paying say 100bn u now pay 50bn and use the remaining one to do other programs/policies irrespective of the name u call them. So let subsidy go and now so we can have the whole money for development.
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by darfay: 11:10am On Oct 12, 2015
Lyk we don't already know
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by maupe: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2015
Is that the only thing that the OP could pick from the entire statement by the ex-govenor. What about his claim that there is no such thing as Subsidy. After you people deceived us with the selfish organised protests at the Gani Fawehmi park, you now expect us to go along with the government you created with that lie. Its becoming increasingly clear that the APC has began a slow PR attack against the GMD of the NNPC, Kachukwu. His recent publication of the NNPC accounts, which exposed the futility and inefficiency of the government's handling of the refineries did not go down well with the government. Now they want to rope him with the PDP as partners in crime. It will not work. Useless OP.
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by maupe: 11:27am On Oct 12, 2015
tuniski:
It is not deception but, poor use of language. SURE-P,PTF and the likes are no cash cows but, a retention of what would have been paid to those cabal as subsidy. It simply means instead of paying say 100bn u now pay 50bn and use the remaining one to do other programs/policies irrespective of the name u call them. So let subsidy go and now so we can have the whole money for development.
Don't mind the unintelligent and English ignorant OP. He only understands Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by teadrake(m): 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2015
We will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends- Anonymous.
Meanwhile, Gov.Babangida Aliyu,you're the biggest fool for revealing this kinda scenario when you realized your political career is heading down to Asa River.
Am sure nemesis will catch up with all treasury looters
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by funlord(m): 12:10pm On Oct 12, 2015
grin
This op source be like "aba" made!
Re: We Deceived Nigerians, There Was Nothing Like SURE-P Fund” – Gov. Aliyu by MosquitoLaps(m): 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2015
Are you kidding me? Mizmycoli, Fire fire, TonyeBarcanista Ecoterrors, oya come and explain!
Nairalanders, show a brother some love on his birthday by liking this post for no reason abeg.

(1) (Reply)

This Pic Might Make U Cry And Be Thankful To God / Peaceful Protest Pictures From Kaduna / EFCC Planned Seizure Of Tompolo’s Assets Splits N-delta Activists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.