Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies (36948 Views)

Lagos Man Searches For A Light-Skinned Lady He Met In A Bus Yesterday / Dark Skinned VS Light Skinned Black Men (photos)...ladies Who Look Better Off? / Three(3) Common Misconceptions Women Believe About Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Mhizkel(f): 8:21am On Oct 21, 2015
delectablegyal:
Lalasticlala, why is this thread nt on front page?
Maybe Lalasticlala prefers a dark-skinnedcheesy
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by deramarks(f): 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
dharay99:
lipsrsealed
plz sum1 shuld read n qimme d summary aspec†.
. In summary...I don't even know wht d thread is all about tho it says sometin like fair. Skinned women re normal
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by ikombe: 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
dharay99:
lipsrsealed
plz sum1 shuld read n qimme d summary aspec†.
SUMMARY

Light skinned gals are complicated undecided
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Monalisa185(f): 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
the truth is...

these days,no one says 'black is beautiful' anymore

reason> the same black people are the ones that are busy bleaching to attain that same 'light skin'

if black is truly beautiful, why then do they run away from that 'beautiful black'?

in summary> black people(bleached ones) are actually the ones making light-skin people look as tho everyone is bleaching.

feel free to quote me!

thank ya!!

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by ikombe: 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
Mhizkel:
Maybe Lalasticlala prefers a dark-skinnedcheesy
check FP e don land undecided
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by ikombe: 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
Monalisa185:
the truth is...

reason> the same black people are the ones that are busy bleaching to attain that same 'light skin'

if black is truly beautiful, why then do they run away from that 'beautiful black'?

in summary> black people(bleached ones) are actually the ones making light-skin people look as tho everyone is bleaching.

feel free to quote me!

thank ya!!
are you light skinned or light darked skinned
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Trustworthiness: 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
Most light skinned girls are too proud. They believe in their skin completion, that with it they are very attractive and all men will be running after them.

That is why some stupid dark skinned girls go for skin bleaching that will expose them to skin cancer.

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Futureviz: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
Monalisa185:
the truth is...

feel free to quote me!

thank ya!!

you are on point baby gal
but as for me being a fair guy am so much in love with dark skinned lady.
maybe because i have seen fair lady a lot since all our family gals are fair.
To me fair babes don't attract me at all
But i love dark skinned lady especially ones with beautiful face grin,whenever i see any my heart just start skipping wink
#black is beautiful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Handsomebeing(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
I agree to a large extent. I was a victim of 2,3 and 4.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by dmola(m): 1:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
prettythicksme:
cheesy grin

r u light skinned?
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
Mhizkel:
This write-up is based on my observations so far. And it is centralised on the false beliefs people (not all) have towards light-skinned females.
Below are some of the misconceptions:

1. Bleaching: This tops the list because light-skinned ladies are mostly tagged with the word ''Bleaching'' I know some of our ladies aren't naturally fair, and there are ways one could identify them. The knuckles and knee are good examples. In as much as we have high rate of bleachers, there are still the ones with the natural fair complexion. Every complexion is beautiful be it light, dark or chocolate. Maintainance is all that matters.

2. Mermaid: This sounds funny, but true. Some people have the belief that light-skinned females are from the marine world. Maybe this belief is derived from our Nollywood movies, whereby a light-skinned lady is allowed to play the character of a mermaid, while the dark-skinned one is given the role of a witch. If you're light-skinned and no one ever accused you of being a mermaid, then you've never been to Nigeria.

3. Flirts: A grown up lady is bound to come across admirers/suitors, but in this case, some people believe light-skinned ladies are flirts because of their flashy look and tend to have more admirers. Also, they believe these ladies would surely accept the proposal of atleast 5 out of 10% of their admires, thereby making them a flirt.

4. Materialistic Nature: Some men believe light-skinned ladies are materialistic in nature. A friend once told me he can't date a light-skinned lady because he is not capable of taking care of her needs. Some get scared of approaching one for the fear of their pocket being drained. The fact is, any lady could be materialistic irrespective of her skin complexion.

Lastly, many people believe being light-skinned gives one an edge in a place of work or gathering. There is a little atom of truth in this, but not in all situations. What edge does a light-skinned female has when she is rude, arrogant and disrespectful? Edge has got to do with one personality, not complexion.

NB: Light-skinned women deserves some respect. Not everyone would be born with a dark skin. In as much as black is beautiful, light-skinned is also beautiful.
And ladies, be comfortable with your skin complexion and save yourselves the disgrace of black patches.

undecided that's nor of my problem weather you are black or white, as far as you are a NAIJA WOMAN.

I don't give a FVCK!! About any misconceptions of you people angry
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by hob(m): 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
Light skin gurls sha fine

Thats my own

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Monalisa185(f): 1:48pm On Oct 21, 2015
Futureviz:

you are on point baby gal
but as for me being a fair guy am so much in love with dark skinned lady.
maybe because i have seen fair lady a lot since all our family gals are fair.
To me fair babes don't attract me at all
But i love dark skinned lady especially ones with beautiful face grin,whenever i see any my heart just start skipping wink
#black is beautiful

I guess choices differ
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Monalisa185(f): 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
ikombe:
are you light skinned or light darked skinned

your question shaaa funny

I'm neither light nor dark in complexion
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Futureviz: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
Monalisa185:

I guess choices differ
yea as it was just one sight of your picture that make ma hrt skip, damm i am going to get married to a dark skinned beautiful woman smiley by fire by force so help me God cool
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2015
are you light skinned?
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by niyidenrele: 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2015
vizkiz:
[b]well, most of what you typed up there are true but it is not our fault too cuz

1.most of the lightskinned women out here are not NATURALLY lightskinned. We can call them mutant(lol. Just like the Xmen grin) cuz most of them transformed from being dark to fair and voila! They are lightskinned.

2.MOST of them are also flirts (we see them everytime at the clubs hanging with sugar daddies) so this fact makes it so obvious that 90% of lightskinned ladies are flirts. Those of us who club regularly will understand what I mean

3.50% of them are materialistic. Like wouldn't they keep up with their beAuty(buying cloths and expensive make up kits/accesories)? Of cuz they will wanna maintain their skin color because of harsh weather here in Nigeria

4. For those of us who have been to CAC,Cele,MFM churches, we know MOST of those possessed with "mami water"(mermid) spirits are always lightskinned and beautiful

But op, even if you are a bleaching, materialistic and a "flirtful" marmid. That doesn't stop me from paying your bride price nextweek smiley
[/b]
no 3.....maybe u wanted to say 80%
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Monalisa185(f): 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
Futureviz:

yea as it was just one sight of your picture that make ma hrt skip, damm i am going to get married to a dark skinned beautiful woman smiley by fire by force so help me God cool

lol...I'm neither dark nor fair in complexion

anyways...so help you God
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
IsiAbuncha:

Your last point isn't just your belief, its the truth!
With regards to certain jobs, light skinned girls have an edge (Modelling, Beauty Pageants etc)
Even in a co-orporate working environment, light skinned girls are attractive and tend to get jobs more than dark skinned cos their employers think they possess what it takes and have the tendencies to do marketing better.

I can go on and on... Would stop here though
And... Before I forget, You Are My Friend!!! wink
Zenith Bank especially. They like them Yellowwwwwwwwwww

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Futureviz: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
Monalisa185:

lol...I'm neither dark nor fair in complexion

anyways...so help you God
i like just your color sha
when i said dark gals not charcoal oooo
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Ade001ng(m): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2015
Omo pupa, inawo pupo.
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by femi4: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2015
Mhizkel:
This write-up is based on my observations so far. And it is centralised on the false beliefs people (not all) have towards light-skinned females.
Below are some of the misconceptions:

1. Bleaching: This tops the list because light-skinned ladies are mostly tagged with the word ''Bleaching'' I know some of our ladies aren't naturally fair, and there are ways one could identify them. The knuckles and knee are good examples. In as much as we have high rate of bleachers, there are still the ones with the natural fair complexion. Every complexion is beautiful be it light, dark or chocolate. Maintainance is all that matters.

2. Mermaid: This sounds funny, but true. Some people have the belief that light-skinned females are from the marine world. Maybe this belief is derived from our Nollywood movies, whereby a light-skinned lady is allowed to play the character of a mermaid, while the dark-skinned one is given the role of a witch. If you're light-skinned and no one ever accused you of being a mermaid, then you've never been to Nigeria.

3. Flirts: A grown up lady is bound to come across admirers/suitors, but in this case, some people believe light-skinned ladies are flirts because of their flashy look and tend to have more admirers. Also, they believe these ladies would surely accept the proposal of atleast 5 out of 10% of their admires, thereby making them a flirt.

4. Materialistic Nature: Some men believe light-skinned ladies are materialistic in nature. A friend once told me he can't date a light-skinned lady because he is not capable of taking care of her needs. Some get scared of approaching one for the fear of their pocket being drained. The fact is, any lady could be materialistic irrespective of her skin complexion.

Lastly, many people believe being light-skinned gives one an edge in a place of work or gathering. There is a little atom of truth in this, but not in all situations. What edge does a light-skinned female has when she is rude, arrogant and disrespectful? Edge has got to do with one personality, not complexion.

NB: Light-skinned women deserves some respect. Not everyone would be born with a dark skin. In as much as black is beautiful, light-skinned is also beautiful.
And ladies, be comfortable with your skin complexion and save yourselves the disgrace of black patches.

your dp is in black and white, let the change start from your dp. Be confident of your skin color
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by ikombe: 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2015
Monalisa185:

your question shaaa funny

I'm neither light nor dark in complexion
Simply say u are confused in complexion grin
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by ikombe: 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
femi4:
your dp is in black and white, let the change start from your dp. Be confident of your skin color
werey grin
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Daresh(f): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
Proudly team light skin mehn. We don't give a damn what they have to say about us. Who cares if we are flashy? Close your eyes so we don't blind you o! If you can't keep up pls stay one side.

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by stag: 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Which kind moniker be 20132014 again na.sad

This cracked me up seriously grin
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
dmola:

r u light skinned?
sure cheesy
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by dmola(m): 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
prettythicksme:
sure cheesy

hmmmm sorry u stay in lagos?

i do love to know u, I like light skinned chubby babes
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by sauceEEP(m): 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
I like them dark just like me. cheesy
Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by swaggerdgrt(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
agarawu23:
Light skin ladies are too expensive to maintain.
They aren't advisable especially for guys who studied economics
bros u tlk true,u are rily a policy maker

1 Like

Re: Some Common Misconceptions About Light-skinned Ladies by dejhigh: 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2015
IsiAbuncha:

Your last point isn't just your belief, its the truth!
With regards to certain jobs, light skinned girls have an edge (Modelling, Beauty Pageants etc)
Even in a co-orporate working environment, light skinned girls are attractive and tend to get jobs more than dark skinned cos their employers think they possess what it takes and have the tendencies to do marketing better.

I can go on and on... Would stop here though
And... Before I forget, You Are My Friend!!! wink

This is so not true...most models I have seen are dark in complexion. Also in the job market, I think what u r saying only applies a little bit to marketing jobs. Fair skin doesn't guarantee employment...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Thought Hubby Forgot It Was Valentine's Day Then Delivery Arrived / When You Break A Guy's Heart (pic) / Good Food Or Good Sex: What Is Really The Way To Your Heart As A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.