Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Seun - This Is For You! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun - This Is For You! (942 Views)

Seun, This Does Not Make Sense Contd. / Seun, This Is Unprofessional! / Nairaland Is Finished. Sorry Seun. This Is The Truth. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun - This Is For You! by fsb(m): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2009
Seun, this is directed at you?

ISSUE 1:

What's happening to nairaland? Sometimes, responses made on threads are really irritating. Am a dr by profession and am particular about the health threads.

I don't know about you but I believe that people post new topics in the health section because they are looking for real solutions to their health related problems. But what happens?

Lets take the thread about the guy looking for a cure for stammering, for example. He posted the thread because he stutters or knows someone who does. Guess what? The guy really wants to find help.

I believe its okay for example, to say "I don't think there is any cure for stammering pele" @ ~`Sissy~

Its also okay to go ahead and encourage and/or advice the poster based on what you know or based on personal experience, which is also fine, I'll go on to say that I was impressed 'Riskie' knew about the SpeechEasy Implants,

However, its irritating to read some of the responses.

@mccloud224
Drink 8 cups of hot water twice a day. You throat will be cleared.

@blacksta
a few dirty slaps will go a long way

@blacksta
;d

@keba
Can i give it a trial on your face

@ThiefOfHearts
hahhaa. see a stammering person swear is straight comedy.

@jack tweed
I heard if you drink Cyanide or Arsenic, it cures stammering? Is it true? Can a stttaa, mmmm. ER! in the House confirm it?

PLEASE, ? how stupid can you make yourself look?

Its not about writing wateva sick thing that comes to your mind. If you have nothing relevant to say then SHUT THE F**K UP! Its that simply.

Stuttering is NOT comedy. I don't stutter but a lot of folks, myself included don't appreciate it when you make comedy out of something that brings so much frustration to someone else. Is that the purpose of the health section - Comedy?

Stuttering is a serious problem and people like the poster want to end their suffering and that's why they come to the health section of nairaland. It may not be stuttering but questions you want to ask anonymously.

If these people need comedy, they'll let us know but till they do ask for it, please DON'T MAKE YOURSELF LOOK STUPID ON THIS WEBSITE.

Most doctors who visit nairaland want to really help people and thats why they are here. Am sure most of them get pissed off when they read stupid comments and they don't even waste their time replying to that thread.

ISSUE 2:

Please find a moderator that will do a good job with deleting clutter from the health section of your site.

Thanks,
fsb
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by Gabry(f): 1:10am On Apr 27, 2009
U better dont complain ooo or else they will take it too personal cheesy cool
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by Sissy3(f): 2:27am On Apr 27, 2009
yes the health section need a moderator

@ fsb

i said that because i have personally known close relatives who stammers and they have tired everything possible everything from special drinking cups to therapies but to no avail. ( I'd give my reasons for thinking so, maybe you didn't see it in the HS).

but i do agree with you the HS seriously needs a MOD

i am tired of the spam and fake info being passed around there. it is just too polluting
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by mukina2: 10:46am On Apr 27, 2009
Fsb

Many thanks for the thread, it will be looked into. smiley
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by Seun(m): 11:03am On Apr 27, 2009
Can someone summarize this for me?  Thanks. And I would like mukina2 to send me action points.
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by dani1luv: 11:12am On Apr 27, 2009
Seun:

Can someone summarize this for me? Thanks. And I would like mukina2 to send me action points.
I've sent you a PM smiley
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by SeanT21(f): 8:06pm On Apr 27, 2009
@topic

Very TRUE!!
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by fsb(m): 10:58pm On Apr 27, 2009
Thanks. I hope the point have raised would be taken into consideration and the health section improved.

@Seun

Am sure mukina2 has done a fine job on action points and dani1luv has done the same as well.

1. No advertisements in the health section of nairaland. Advertisement of fake rubbish health products = clutter = irritates a lot of people = waste of web disk space.

With less clutter, doctors here on nairaland will have less threads to go through and provide information to readers.

2. Even if these guys want to advertise, those advertisements should be moved to say, nairalist ( I don't know if that's possible)

3. Get an excellent moderator who can a short time daily or every 2 days just to make sure that things move smoothly.

Many Thanks,
fsb
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by Gabry(f): 2:47am On Apr 28, 2009
I would suggest that fsb be the moderator there instead. Seems to me he is giving constructive criticism and also he knows the secton well
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by yongbabe(f): 4:54pm On May 26, 2009
I wonder why this dude just keeps threatening with his power cos he found the site even if he did so what? ? ?

Why would you ban me men? I mean 'steve49ja' this is like the second time you's doing this for a not so sensible reason: 'Spam-like post'. . . I mean men common

MODERATORS talk to this guy men, I mean make him understand power aint spose to get to his head cos if it does he'll end up acting stupid cos thats banning without warnings whatsoever and not even a good reason what would such act be called??

You's wiser than this men. . . why fall ya hand undecided

Unban 'Steve49ja' Mr Seun. . . Its not a command but obvious a sensible thing to do. I aint mad at you but unban my ID brov.
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by dani1luv: 12:04pm On May 27, 2009
YB
So you steve49ja shocked shocked shocked undecided
Re: Seun - This Is For You! by yongbabe(f): 6:00pm On May 27, 2009
''YB
So you steve49ja ''

No she's not . . . . I'm only making my situation known by using her profile cos thats a way of getting across without opening a new account. . . you saw my username in quote. . Can something be done??

(1) (Reply)

Husband's Suspicious Travels To Italy / Want To Quite My Boyfriend I Need Advice Pleasa / This Lagos! 10-year-olds Smoke Hemp In Ajegunle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.