Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,236 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem (4885 Views)

Swine Flu In Nigeria: Girl Tests Positive In Lagos / Public Kissing Banned In France! (To Curb Swine Flue) / First Swine Flu Death Recorded In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by viceb: 5:34am On Apr 27, 2009
It started in Mexico, gradually trickled into the US and is popping up in various parts of the worldat the moment. The new flu from swine is killing people like wildfire at the moment. Where are we heading on from here. Read more about it and tighten you health nooses.  undecided undecided undecided undecided 

See more on http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090427/ap_on_bi_ge/med_swine_flu_reality_check

Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by naijacutee(f): 12:01pm On Apr 27, 2009
I've been worrying about this since yesterday because I've been down with flu. I'm just crossing my fingers, hoping it's just the ordinary kind.
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by agabaI23(m): 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2009
naijacutee:

I've been worrying about this since yesterday because I've been down with flu. I'm just crossing my fingers, hoping it's just the ordinary kind.
I guess you better see your GP to rule anything out honey!
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by seedord247(m): 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2009
why are all this flu get from animals.
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by ud4u: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2009
This time is swine flu not bird flu again. Na waao God go save us.
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by krazynaija(m): 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2009
from the way this stuff is spreading, its kind of serious, i hope we dont get dog flu and kpomo flu o,
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by dejiariyo: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2009
naijacutee:

sorry but am 145 % sure u are having swine flu, same thing happened to my dead neigbour
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by Okanran(m): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2009
dejiariyo:

sorry but am 145 % sure u are having swine flu, same thing happened to my dead neigbour

Guy u harsh oooh! cheesy cheesy cheesy

@ Topic: One can only hope this doesn't get 2 pandemonic proportion! The world has enuff ugly as it is. . . global meltdown, terrorist threat, et-al!
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by emmyclev(m): 2:34pm On Apr 27, 2009
What can i say , Spine flu, Only God go help us ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by winnag: 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2009
I beg make the swine flu no enter naija. If the thing land here na so people go dey dieooo. no health care at all
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by dae(f): 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2009
Very soon, we go hear "Fart Flu" LOL
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by brutal(m): 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2009
dae:

Very soon, we go hear "Fart Flu" LOL
Even toto flu. cry
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by Koikoi(m): 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2009
this is the time 4 everybody to repent and mend your ways. the end of the world is near!
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by RichDad1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 27, 2009
Swine(pig) flu, Muslims watch out.,hahaha.thats not funny anyway.but you dont eat doesnt kill ya! Next flu is Dog flu,Calabarians you are on your own.
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by dae(f): 3:01pm On Apr 27, 2009
brutal:

Even toto flu. cry
and maybe "Prick flu"
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by Cogito(m): 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2009
Koikoi:

this is the time 4 everybody to repent and mend your ways. the end of the world is near!
Ahn Ahn! How far you?? lol
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by MrCrackles(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by platinumnk(f): 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2009
This is what my Job Says:

With employees' health the company's top priority, JPMorgan Chase is taking common-sense precautions in response to the swine flu situation. To protect employees, the bank has:
Increased cleaning services at all its Mexico locations.
Made face masks and alcohol-based hand cleaners available at all Mexico locations.
Limited travel to Mexico to only essential business travel.
Reviewed steps that could be taken, if necessary, in the U.S. or other locations.
Yesterday, with 20 cases of swine flu confirmed in the U.S., health officials declared a public health emergency. Investigators said they expected more cases of the flu in the U.S., but noted that to date, virtually all had been mild.

An emergency declaration is "standard operating procedure" so the government can release funds and take other measures, explained U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, who added that she would rather call it a "declaration of emergency preparedness."

If you work in Mexico and have specific questions or concerns, contact your Human Resources representative. In other locations, call the JPMorgan Chase command center:

Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by bigboyslim(m): 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2009
Koikoi:

Naija people again. This is not time for everybody to repent. Everytime is time for people to repent and just because there's a pandemic doesnt mean the world will end. The spanish flu of 1918-1919 killed 50million people around the world and yet the world did not end. Please, look for a better reason for people to repent than claiming the world would end.
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by philip0906(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2009
@bigboyslim
Naija people again. This is not time for everybody to repent. Everytime is time for people to repent and just because there's a pandemic doesnt mean the world will end. The spanish flu of 1918-1919 killed 50million people around the world and yet the world did not end. Please, look for a better reason for people to repent than claiming the world would end.
well i'm sure u r a member of one of these yea men churches where u read half of the Bible.didn't ur Bible tell u(dats if u've read it b4)in the last days there will be famines and PESTILENCES and earthquakes in divers places(matt24:7)?
The spanish flu of 1918-1919 killed 50million people around the world and yet the world did not end
because the world did not end then does not mean that it will not end now!bro check out the rapid successions in which these problems r coming AIDS,Birdflu,we r still battling the worst economic recession ever nd now swine flu(which might cost the world trillions of dollars,check it up).so bro prepare God is rounding up the program of this world.simple as A,B,C.
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by minute(f): 6:16pm On Apr 27, 2009
Its not extremely deadly but it mostly depends on which strain a person has. undecided undecided undecided

The one going around in Southern California and Mexico is a mix btw avian flu
and swine flu.

Also,if your immune system is not very healthy and if you have other respiratory
diseases,the rate of fatality goes up.

The strain that is going around is especially dangerous because a person does not
need to be in contact with swine to get it;its being passed frm one person to
another person.
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by Nnenna1(f): 6:32pm On Apr 27, 2009
Breaking news: Earthquake (6.0 on the richter scale) in Mexico City, already the most plagued area of concern.

If this isn't the apocalypse, then I don't know what is.
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by Mashaluvs(f): 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2009
so does anyone know if it has reached africa ? ive heard parts of italy and even australia have had cases mild but they r being precautious.

its spreading much faster than they expected .
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by donugapi(m): 7:40pm On Apr 27, 2009
Masha_luvs:

so does anyone know if it has reached africa ? ive heard parts of italy and even australia have had cases mild but they r being precautious.

its spreading much faster than they expected .

My sister i bow oh, There are even suspected cases up here in scotland. God help us!!
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by DKNYtruth(m): 8:03pm On Apr 27, 2009
donugapi:

My sister i bow oh, There are even suspected cases up here in scotland. God help us!!

WE ALL ARE PRODUCT OF OUR DECISIONS AND ACTIVITIES; TOO MUCH OF RESEARCH, etc WITH DIFFERENT KINDS OF BEINGS AND CREATURES; LET'S BE MORE PREPARED FOR MORE TO COME, GOD HELP US ALL!!!
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by Outstrip(f): 9:19pm On Apr 27, 2009
I went to the grocery shop today and did some serious shopping. I have two children I cannot take any chances. Even if we have to lock ourselves in doors for 3 months, we have enough food and first aid to wait it out. There is one reported case in my state right now so I am just being cautious. For those mother's that go grocery shopping with your kids please wipe the cart handle before you put your babies in it.
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by DKNYtruth(m): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2009
Outstrip:

For those mother's that go grocery shopping with your kids please wipe the cart handle before you put your babies in it.

THAT'S A GOOD ONE TO THINK ABOUT, THANKS GREATLY, IT DIDN'T COME TO MIND WHEN I WAS OUT SHOPPING WITH MY FAMILY YESTERDAY!!!
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by MrGlen: 1:10am On Apr 28, 2009
This Swine Flu is SERIOUS!!, Last thursday only three people had it here in the US, today 145 people have it and now an elementary school in a nearby city where i live just confirmed three children have it.
I pray they can stop it from reaching a worldwide pandemic on time
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by Mashaluvs(f): 2:33am On Apr 28, 2009
all this is scary. we need more precautious. u know the bird flu didnt reach so far so fast . hopefully they catch this ontime or atleast a vaccine.
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by jj201016: 8:31am On Apr 28, 2009
abegii go sit down,which end of d world don come?i don dey hear dat shit story since i was born to this fucking world,na today? the hunger wey dey naija self alone na end of d world and d war here and there in africa! person wey get flu and die na him own jesus and end don come but forget our 10th generation go still live in dis sinful world and nothing go happen. end ko begin ni. na 2day jesus dey come? abegiiiiii
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by esensed: 8:40am On Apr 28, 2009
Hello all

i really enjoy the trend the world is taking
hurricane
terrorist attack
swine flu
insecurity
etc

are you afraid of what this world is making you to feel?
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i am so in love tongue with the way things are turning-- nature and all rebelling against man.

its a preparation for the ruling of this world by , those destined to rule.
such is what this world is looking forward to,
get ready for us,

k&p reign
Re: Beware! Swine Flu Is The Latest Health Problem by philip0906(m): 9:14am On Apr 28, 2009
@jj201016
because the world did not end then does not mean that it will not end now!bro check out the rapid successions in which these problems r coming AIDS,Birdflu,we r still battling the worst economic recession ever nd now swine flu(which might cost the world trillions of dollars,check it up).just as Noah told the people that God would destroy the world they were laughing at him,cos they saw no reason y.But today there r reasonS.so bro prepare God is rounding up the program of this world.simple as A,B,C.But I suspect u r an atheist(which sucks).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Stethoscope ? Best Stethoscope For Medical Students. / COVID-19 Update For April 9 2021 In Nigeria / Healthy Way To Slim Down Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.