Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:19 AM

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. (3021 Views)

All Miracles Are Fake, Theists Please Prove Me Wrong / Stephanie Otobo Attempts To Prove Facetime She Had With Apostle Suleman Is Real / Catholic Bishops Urges Nigerian Catholics To Pray For These 10 Intentions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ebenice(m): 9:10am On Oct 13, 2015
now before i proceed lemme 1st say this:..I like peace but I hate lies...

I hate deceptions

I hate indoctrination

I hate pretence

I hate prejudice.,

now here is my case;
its on the pope... the papal said it is sitting on peters seat...now let's define "peter"....

1..he was a fisherman..called by Jesus to seek the lost and bring them to Christ ...
are the popes or cardinals called?

2..peter answered Jesus call and followed Him all the way even to the point of His(Jesus) death..although we all knew he denied Jesus anyways .but he was foretold and prayed for
are the pope actually in real sense following the TRUE teaching of Jesus?

3...after peter got converted he became a powerful preacher of the gospel ...he was bold and resilience ...now at a point it was recorded that on his way to the temple to pray he healed a lame man....here is what he said "silver and gold have I non,but what I have I give to you ,in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk" the rest is history the lamed stood up and walked ...I'm not asking the pope to perform miracles ..but as he ever in any public function or forum preach Jesus as saviour if actually according to them they are following the footstep of peter?...

4....peter preached a sermon ...in it He said only Jesus can save and only Jesus is the way to God and heaven..and all should accept and follow Jesus were 3,000people were moved and repented were converted ....now what I don't get is...if truly the pope is following peters step as suppose why on earth do catholic find it more easy to pray thru Mary than just using the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth as did peter ..did peter ever for once use the name of Mary to pray?

5...peter was an evangelist as well as an elder in the church and NOT the head of the church.
...now why does the pope suddenly admit or impose on us as the head of the church as widely accepted
?

now I rest my case: your take

2 Likes

Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Jadonaldson(m): 9:12am On Oct 13, 2015
You are really Jobless Op

Booked Space grin

No Trespassing

1 & Only Jadon

FTC Againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn cool

I and My Families Would Not Encounter Accidents D Remaining of this Year IJN...Click like if you wish d same for your Families

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Cutehector(m): 9:25am On Oct 13, 2015
D bible says silence is d best answer to fools.
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ernesty20(m): 9:26am On Oct 13, 2015
Dear or dare? Olodo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by kossyablaze(m): 9:31am On Oct 13, 2015
Mumu

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Kamxin(m): 9:31am On Oct 13, 2015
Please scrutinize the pope the more, one thing remain obvious; the more you look the less you see.
Any divine gift to humanity it is always the case
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by JOACHINpedro: 9:34am On Oct 13, 2015
Who is POPE?. A mere human lyk you nd i... I am nt opposing or proposing to dis... One thing i knw iz dat, in our hearts, we all knw d truth both catholics or any other denomination,bt we try to suppress it with our confused believe. Assuming i am a roman catholic...only this word in REVELATION chapt22 vs8 and 9....and for those dat preach what they are confused abt...read vs 18...be warned..i stand to be quoted. Though i am nt a bible guru

1 Like

Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 13, 2015
If you cant answer his questions, dont insult em nah?

Na wa ooo. This kain violence that u r exhibiting in the name of christ sef. Anyways lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by jaegermesiter: 9:41am On Oct 13, 2015
Catholics pray by the invocation of the most blessed trinity,and with the intercession of all the heavenly host,all through the holy name of Christ.Amen.
Peter it was who addressed the first members oif the church at penetecost,peter it was who lead the first church council at jerusalem.
For catholic beliefs ,its simple just google the Apostles creed
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Kamxin(m): 9:44am On Oct 13, 2015
ebenice:

...now why does the pope suddenly admit or impose on us as the head of the church as widely accepted

Reject it because you would like to be the head of the church.
By the way, which church do you know that does not have a head?
As future head of a church, which doctrine would you like to impose, and which one would you discard?
Remember paul goes to Jerusalem to answer questions on his teachings to know if he is on the right path(Acts:15).
Take another look at the work of Peter at that event in Jerusalem and post please.
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ammyluv2002(f): 9:51am On Oct 13, 2015
Cutehector:
D bible says silence is d best answer to fools.
Which bible talk that one? tongue grin grin

It says "The fool says in his heart, "There's no God" Psalm 41:1..... it didn't say " silence is the best answer to fools"

The only set of people that can be called "fools" are "those who say there's no God " aside that, we are advised not to use that word. #BibleStandard.

Op, pls go and do your research very well. The Pope has been in existence even before Christianity came to us. Now, do you expect your General Overseer to head the world (Christians) There are things, you shouldn't fight, just mind your church and leave others to mind theirs and there will be peace.
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Cutehector(m): 9:58am On Oct 13, 2015
ammyluv2002:

It says "The fool says in his heart, "There's no God" Psalm 41:1..... it didn't say " silence is the best answer to fools"

The only set of people that can be called "fools" are "those who say there's no God " aside that, we are advised not to use that word. #BibleStandard.

Op, pls go and do your research very well. The Pope has been in existence even before Christianity came to us. Now, do you expect your General Overseer to head the world (Christians) There are things, you shouldn't fight, just mind your church and leave others to mind theirs and there will be peace.
pls go and read ur bible again..... Am sure u havnt read proverbs...
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ammyluv2002(f): 10:03am On Oct 13, 2015
Cutehector:
pls go and read ur bible again..... Am sure u havnt read proverbs...
Well, I haven't read all the chapters sha, but i guess you're making reference to Proverbs 26:5
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Cutehector(m): 10:14am On Oct 13, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Well, I haven't read all the chapters sha, but i guess you're making reference to Proverbs 26:5

I"m not making reference to dat. Just read d book of proverbs in between lines and dnt display ur ignorance anymore.
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ammyluv2002(f): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2015
Cutehector:
I"m not making reference to dat. Just read d book of proverbs in between lines and dnt display ur ignorance anymore.
Hmmmm! I guess, you should also read yours in between lines and don't display your ignorance anymore.
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ebenice(m): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
ammyluv2002:

like I said earlier I love peace I just hate lies and deceptions ...

supposing u r in a classroom And your lecturer made a mistake or a confusing statement would you keep quiet and say it ok just in d name of "peace"..or say ur mind out...and let ur hrt itself be @ peace ?
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ebenice(m): 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
Kamxin:

Reject it because you would like to be the head of the church.
By the way, which church do you know that does not have a head?
As future head of a church, which doctrine would you like to impose, and which one would you discard?
Remember paul goes to Jerusalem to answer questions on his teachings to know if he is on the right path(Acts:15).
Take another look at the work of Peter at that event in Jerusalem and post please.

this doesn't directly answer my question not even the one u quoted ...notwithstanding, Jesus is the head of the church that's what the Bible tells me...in the book of corrithians .. I'm still finding it hard to stomach why a human will claim to be the head of the church and start forming up doctrines that we can't see in the bible (rosary,holy mary, priest forgiving sins, etc) and no body dare challenge it authority ..for fear of ex-communication .
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by jaegermesiter: 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
Stop been naughty, was Mary not a christian role model,Have u ever heard of church councils and how they are conducted,please do research,U have the internet,......'Whoever sins u forgive,they re forgiven and who ever sins u retain they are retained'....pls also do a research on early church confessions.....All ordained priest have apostolic sucession(means they can claim their authority from the person who ordained them down to the apostles, u tink say catholic church just start yesterday...... The pope doesn't impose he fathers a flock......pope(papa)

ebenice:

this doesn't directly answer my question not even the one u quoted ...notwithstanding, Jesus is the head of the church that's what the Bible tells me...in the book of corrithians .. I'm still finding it hard to stomach why a human will claim to be the head of the church and start forming up doctrines that we can't see in the bible (rosary,holy mary, priest forgiving sins, etc) and no body dare challenge it authority ..for fear of ex-communication .
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by jaegermesiter: 4:11pm On Oct 14, 2015
You hat deception yet u re deceptive on to thysef,do u tink catholic priest jus wake up and become priests overnight....pls do research(d average naija youth doesn't) pls read abt catholic priestly formation,,do u knw what and how it means to be a cardinal, or what it means to be in conclave??hw did d apostles choose barrabas to replace judas

ebenice:
now before i proceed lemme 1st say this:..I like peace but I hate lies...

I hate deceptions

I hate indoctrination

I hate pretence

I hate prejudice.,

now here is my case;
its on the pope... the papal said it is sitting on peters seat...now let's define "peter"....

1..he was a fisherman..called by Jesus to seek the lost and bring them to Christ ...
are the popes or cardinals called?

2..peter answered Jesus call and followed Him all the way even to the point of His(Jesus) death..although we all knew he denied Jesus anyways .but he was foretold and prayed for
are the pope actually in real sense following the TRUE teaching of Jesus?

3...after peter got converted he became a powerful preacher of the gospel ...he was bold and resilience ...now at a point it was recorded that on his way to the temple to pray he healed a lame man....here is what he said "silver and gold have I non,but what I have I give to you ,in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk" the rest is history the lamed stood up and walked ...I'm not asking the pope to perform miracles ..but as he ever in any public function or forum preach Jesus as saviour if actually according to them they are following the footstep of peter?...

4....peter preached a sermon ...in it He said only Jesus can save and only Jesus is the way to God and heaven..and all should accept and follow Jesus were 3,000people were moved and repented were converted ....now what I don't get is...if truly the pope is following peters step as suppose why on earth do catholic find it more easy to pray thru Mary than just using the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth as did peter ..did peter ever for once use the name of Mary to pray?

5...peter was an evangelist as well as an elder in the church and NOT the head of the church.
?

now I rest my case: your take

Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by jaegermesiter: 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2015
Please stop talking lik dis nw.....haba,so what does Pope preahes at mass daily and during the holy hours,where did u come out from,the catholic is been said to cling much to the suffering christ and here u re saying what u dnt even knw....chai...
The pope is the vicar of christ...vicar not head of the church,his d bishop rome.but his titles are summex pontifex,vicarius christi, and episcopus rom

jaegermesiter:
You hat deception yet u re deceptive on to thysef,do u tink catholic priest jus wake up and become priests overnight....pls do research(d average naija youth doesn't) pls read abt catholic priestly formation,,do u knw what and how it means to be a cardinal, or what it means to be in conclave??hw did d apostles choose barrabas to replace judas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by jaegermesiter: 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
And ohhh in the catholic church,they dnt publicise miracles,if God heals u ,do u thanksgiving and dats all,if u start going up and down on tv and evrywhhere,the scrutiny u will receive will baffle u.
Research abt miracles of lourdes
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Kamxin(m): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2015
ebenice:

From old testament, moses, Joshua etc led the children of God, when Jesus came, he was the leader, when he left, the apostles took over with Peter as main leader, New converts like paul was under authority of the apostles . His doctrines were defined by the apostles(Acts:15).
Today, you have the world's oldest surviving institution looking at you. Please look at it and appreciate its leaders, even though they are not faultless, its survival is not a product of hardwork, but divine Do you concur? By imposing doctrine on you, you are not the first, Paul was imposed doctrine on, Christians from 1St to 15th century were imposed doctrine on, but they accepted it. But after the printing press was invented around 1450 in Germany, Luther leverage on it to spread his own doctrine, people accepted it because it is a shortcut. Today everybody can now invent doctrines from the confort of his room, and spread it and have followers.
So your point is it is better this way? So Christianity without leadership is the will of God?
Is there any Church in Nigerian without leader or leaders?

1 Like

Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Kamxin(m): 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2015
ebenice:

. I'm still finding it hard to stomach why a human will claim to be the head of the church and start forming up doctrines that we can't see in the bible (rosary,holy mary, priest forgiving sins, etc) and no body dare challenge it authority ..for fear of ex-communication .
Catholic doctrines are the most scrutinized, most published, the volumes are in the market, but finding it difficult to see any Church in Nigeria publish or brag about their doctrine.
Please list the doctrines you like or your pastor imposed on you lets comment because modern Christianity is follow follow without doctrine
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by jaegermesiter: 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Dnt mind him he doesn't knw what it means to be a catholic priest

Kamxin:

Catholic doctrines are the most scrutinized, most published, the volumes are in the market, but finding it difficult to see any Church in Nigeria publish or brag about their doctrine.
Please list the doctrines you like or your pastor imposed on you lets comment because modern Christianity is follow follow without doctrine
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Rich4god(m): 7:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
I don't even know why you guys are responding to the op.... It seems like people enjoy lying against the catholic church just to score some cheap point. How can he say that the pope have not preached Christ as our saviour.... Just shaking my head.
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Aizenosa(m): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
Op epele ooo, eku jo meta, carry on, make I just do like say I dey pass.

Anyway looks back and asks 2 salient questions,

where is it written in the bible "I bible I am the sole source of information for salvation" ?

Cuz all I know is that nobody carried a pen and book and wrote all Christ said and taught.

Christ said you are Peter (Cephas) on you I will build my church and the gates of hell will never prevail against it.

Now my second question
Is Peter alive or dead?

Ans
Alive: pls show me where he is.

Dead: Why do you still believe in a church dat is built on a human dat is dead.

He is in heaven: how do you hope to belong to a church dat is already in heaven

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ebenice(m): 9:24pm On Oct 14, 2015
Rich4god:
I don't even know why you guys are responding to the op.... It seems like people enjoy lying against the catholic church just to score some cheap point. How can he say that the pope have not preached Christ as our saviour.... Just shaking my head.

paddy na which point I wan enjoi na?

BTW I said I hate lying too na , so why I go dey lie?

OK ....here is an example, what did the pope do when he was at the US senate just recently? ..I didn't quite understand his mission but I know well that out of all what he said that day he never mentioned the name of Jesus ...at least he could have even put it in this way..."it is He who only can save mankind from all troubles ..including praying to Him to help us on climate change " since climate change is what a whole christian respected largely place leader can say of all issues ..what happened to abortions,gay marriage etc? why couldn't he condemn that ?
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ebenice(m): 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Aizenosa:
Op epele ooo, eku jo meta, carry on, make I just do like say I dey pass.
Anyway looks back and asks 2 salient questions,
where is it written in the bible "I bible I am the sole source of information for salvation" ?
Cuz all I know is that nobody carried a pen and book and wrote all Christ said and taught.
Christ said you are Peter (Cephas) on you I will build my church and the gates of hell will never prevail against it.
Now my second question
Is Peter alive or dead?
a
Ans
Alive: pls show me where he is.
Dead: Why do you still believe in a church dat is built on a human dat is dead.
He is in heaven: how do you hope to belong to a church dat is already in heaven

eseun ..

but easy bro, don't quote the bible upside down...
Jesus never said "on you peter" according to u
rather He said " thou art peter ON THIS ROCK will I build my church.....

and regarding to whether if it were written anywhere in the Bible to be the only source of salvation.... pls is it then written that there are other outside source of salvation beside the bible ? ..in fact I wonder why u could be thinking salvation is in a book rather than in Jesus

even your own question gan..is confusing u..can u be a little bit more clearer?

thanks
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Rich4god(m): 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
ebenice:

paddy na which point I wan enjoi na?

BTW I said I hate lying too na , so why I go dey lie?

OK ....here is an example, what did the pope do when he was at the US senate just recently? ..I didn't quite understand his mission but I know well that out of all what he said that day he never mentioned the name of Jesus ...at least he could have even put it in this way..."it is He who only can save mankind from all troubles ..including praying to Him to help us on climate change " since climate change is what a whole christian respected largely place leader can say of all issues ..what happened to abortions,gay marriage etc? why couldn't he condemn that ?
Good... You didnt understand his mission... And when he spoke based on his mission, you are now flaring up. Go research the full reason why the pope went to the US senate.
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ebenice(m): 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
jaegermesiter:

I understand your sentiments, but lemme remind you about the "berean authority"
the berean church didn't just swallow Paul's doctrine like dogmas...they search the scripture whether those things were so...understand the part were I. said they SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES not some other man made scripts or books so why should I relegate the bible and be searchin the priestly info...which is lesser.?...

and BTW it was Mathias not barrabas that replaces Judas...research before u post things here(but an average Nigerian youth won't do so but tell others to )
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by ebenice(m): 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2015
Rich4god:
Good... You didnt understand his mission... And when he spoke based on his mission, you are now flaring up. Go research the full reason why the pope went to the US senate.
OK I agree I didn't know his mission.. but I knew he spoke on climate change et al .maybe I'll reaserch as a friend here advice I do

so can u now directly do justice to the post u quote ? why beg the question?
Re: I Dear Catholics To Prove Me Wrong On This. by Rich4god(m): 10:19pm On Oct 14, 2015
ebenice:
OK I agree I didn't know his mission.. but I knew he spoke on climate change et al .maybe I'll reaserch as a friend here advice I do

so can u now directly do justice to the post u quote ? why beg the question?
Wch question?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What To Know About Spiritual Husbands And Wives / Saudis Shut Down Camel Urine Shop: Owner Was Selling His Own Urine / [Free Download] 360gospelvibes End Of The Year Worship Mix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.