Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. (9673 Views)

Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? / That Moment A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene When Watching With Your Parents / 13 Pictures That Describe Your Saturday Mornings Growing Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
Human memory is a powerful ability that can bring back the past, both in happy and in sad times and ushers us the calmness of our present life. Sometimes with anger and sometimes in joy. That scintillation of who we are like the brightness of the faraway star yet we ponder what it is as it displays before us. It has been able to distinguish us, by far, from other earthlings and remind us of the past worlds with burst of emotions filling up our colorful sky and brings out the other sides of us. It becomes a literature we coax ourselves to read of what we can be able to gather to learn, filling us with the strength that often swells within us in every narration. Sometimes it comes with warm internal tears. The emotions we really are to life.

Nevertheless, memory of a childhood is what this thread is all about as we get older. Looking back at our parents how they have aged and knowing fully well one day they will be eternally missed. Not only that it defines the meaning of life by taking their place also repeating the same circle of life. Nature has done us so much good and memory is one of them we can arguably say is as interesting as life itself.

For those of you who love your parents, post songs that remind you of them while growing up and how they impact your life.

This thread is dedicated to our parents. It is meant to bring back old memories of growing up as a child through listening to songs they play that make you love them the more each time you listen to the songs.

1) City Kind Of Girl by Dan Seals - My mother used to play this track .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUaWySrS308

2) Still little Bit Of Love by Dan Seals - My mother used to play this song when I was a child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXagflV9hiI

3) Meet Me In Montana by Dan Seals - My mother used to play this song and it brings me a lot of memories. It makes me love her the more each time I hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xlpOjcyst8

Please, add yours.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by madridguy(m): 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2015
AYINLA OMO WURA
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by FruityLass: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Haruna Ishola songs..........apala grin

Ebenezer Obey and

King Sunny Ade songs.
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
madridguy:
AYINLA OMO WURA
Please, post the link here and your parent who used to listen to it.

Thank you.
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
Awww.
I love your mum already.

Lovely.

Meanwhile you want nairalànders to fill this place with music like

....aka nchawa ...
E hhhhh. ....aka nchawa ...

Eh hhhhh. . Aka nchawa , okwa gi na bu grin
Both the yoruba ànd igbo version

My parents were not the music type.
Heck of my mum sings here, you think its a mosquito come your way

2 Likes

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chillisauce:
Awww.
I love your mum already.

Lovely.

....aka nchawa ...

Any music is acceptable as long as is what brings back the memories of them.
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:
Any music is acceptable as long as is what brings back the memories of them.

Most of the music are not even on Youtube .
You have to look for the "cassette."

Nepa no even dey to play the music.
grin cheesy
So na to hum the music playing în emeka cassette shop while washing dirty laundry grin
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chillisauce:

Most of the music are not even on Youtube .
You have to look for the "cassette."

Nepa no even dey to play the music.
grin cheesy
So na to hum the music playing în emeka cassette shop while washing dirty laundry grin

What year is that? I think you haven't checked YouTube yet to find them there. If you cannot find all of them but you can find some of them.
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:
What year is that? I think you haven't checked YouTube yet to find them there. If you cannot find all of them but you can find some of them.

I dônt have MB.
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chillisauce:

I dônt have MB.

Okay. Try to do that when you can. Thank you.
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:
Okay. Try to do that when you can. Thank you.

Ok.

Thank you too and god bless you

1 Like

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by lezz(m): 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:
Human memory is a powerful ability that can bring back the past, both in happy and in sad times and ushers us the calmness of our present life. Sometimes with anger and sometimes in joy. That scintillation of who we are like the brightness of the faraway star yet we ponder what it is as it displays before us. It has been able to distinguish us, by far, from other earthlings and remind us of the past worlds with burst of emotions filling up our colorful sky and brings out the other sides of us. It becomes a literature we coax ourselves to read of what we can be able to gather to learn, filling us with the strength that often swells within us in every narration. Sometimes it comes with warm internal tears. The emotions we really are to life.

Nevertheless, memory of a childhood is what this thread is all about as we get older. Looking back at our parents how they have aged and knowing fully well one day they will be eternally missed. Not only that it defines the meaning of life by taking their place also repeating the same circle of life. Nature has done us so much good and memory is one of them we can arguably say is as interesting as life itself.

For those of you who love your parents, post songs that remind you of them while growing up and how them impact your life.

This thread is dedicated to our parents. It is meant to bring back old memories of growing up as a child through listening to songs they play that make you love them the more each time you listen to the songs.

1) City Kind Of Girl by Dan Seals - My mother used to play this track .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epc_x9TyuHQ

2) Still little Bit Of Love by Dan Seals - My mother used to play this song when I was a child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXagflV9hiI

3) Meet Me In Montana by Dan Seals - My mother used to play this song and it brings me a lot memory. It makes me love her the more each time I hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xlpOjcyst8

Please, add yours.

Andy kim: Good morning; Bob Marley : Redemption Song; Sony Okoson: Fire In Soweto; Mandators : Give Us Redemptions; Esien Igbokwe: Seun Rere; and so much more that makes today's music seem dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
lezz:
Andy kim: Good morning; Bob Marley : Redemption Song; Sony Okoson: Fire In Soweto; Mandators : Give Us Redemptions; Esien Igbokwe: Seun Rere; and so much more that makes today's music seem dead.
The tracks from those artistes album would have been much appreciated and who used to play them among your parents. Thank you.
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by tpiander: 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2015
My parents did not listen to music.
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2015
My father used to listen to Michael Bolton ' Soul Provider' Album. I have the CD with me as part of my collection now.

My favorite song that reminds me of him is Fools Game.

1) Fools Game by Michael Bolton. I can't forget that track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukzQZM-1Qk

2 Likes

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by lezz(m): 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:

The tracks from those artistes album would have been much appreciated and who used to play them among your parents. Thank you.
My mom played Sony Okoson and Christie Esien Igbokwe. My dad introduced me indirectly to Mandators and Bob Marley.

These songs usually wake me up very early in the morning when I'll be getting prepped up for school. The memories never fade.

Just some months back, I went on the Internet to look for some of these songs and couldn't find them. Nigerians don't preserve her heritage very well o.

I couldn't find "Ever Really Like My Person" by Esien Igbokwe online .

It took me more tenacity and skill to get "Seun Rere" online.

Mandators is even worse to find online. The music stores don't have these albums except in mixed compilation with other artists.

2 Likes

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2015
lezz:
My mom played Sony Okoson and Christie Esien Igbokwe. My dad introduced me indirectly to Mandators and Bob Marley.

These songs usually wake me up very early in the morning when I'll be getting prepped up for school. The memories never fade.

Just some months back, I went on the Internet to look for some of these songs and couldn't find them. Nigerians don't preserve her heritage very well o.

I couldn't find "Ever Really Like My Person" by Esien Igbokwe online .

It took me more tenacity and skill to get "Seun Rere" online.

Mandators is even worse to find online. The music stores don't have these albums except in mixed compilation with other artists.
I found this one on YouTube and it is very nice. Cool song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDrApu9APBk

''I couldn't find "Ever Really Like My Person" by Esien Igbokwe online ''. It is on Amazon store and you can preview it there among the other tracks.

http://www.amazon.com/Liked-Person-Christie-Essien-Igbokwe/dp/B007RXSA6Y

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by lezz(m): 7:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:
My father used to listen to Michael Bolton ' Soul Provider' Album. I have the CD with me as part of my collection now.

My favorite song that reminds me of him is Fools Game.

1) Fools Game by Michael Bolton. I can't forget that track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukzQZM-1Qk

Ah ! Michael Boton. I discovered this great artist in my junior secondary. I learnt the lyrics by heart.

*Soul provider
*How can we be lovers if we can't be friends
* Steel bars
* Said I loved you but I lied
*Back on my feet again

Girls back then we sang these lyrics to. Gush !!! Time has changed.

2 Likes

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
lezz:
Ah ! Michael Boton. I discovered this great artist in my junior secondary. I learnt the lyrics by heart.

*Soul provider
*How can we be lovers if we can't be friends
* Steal bars
* Said I loved you but I lied
*Back on my feet again

Girls back then we sang these lyrics to. Gush !!! Time has changed.
Wow! That is very interesting. He is a good artiste. It is like Nigerians like his songs because my father does as well. cool cool
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by lezz(m): 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:

I found this one on YouTube and it is very nice. Cool song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDrApu9APBk

''I couldn't find "Ever Really Like My Person" by Esien Igbokwe online ''. It is on Amazon store and you can preview it there among the other tracks.

http://www.amazon.com/Liked-Person-Christie-Essien-Igbokwe/dp/B007RXSA6Y

I've taken it off of YouTube. grin
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by lezz(m): 7:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:

Wow! That is very interesting. He is a good artiste. It is like Nigerians like his songs because my father does as well. cool cool
Yes this guy was very popular back then. Even local TV stations of old Bendel State used to air his music. He also married multiple times.

1 Like

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2015
lezz:
I've taken it off of YouTube. grin
Oh...Possibly, due to copyright issues. Is that correct?
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by lezz(m): 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:

Oh...Possibly, due to copyright issues. Is that correct?
lolz yes, I just downloaded it from YouTube using the encryption method.
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
lezz:
lolz yes, I just downloaded it from YouTube using the encryption method.
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Kimoni: 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
Chillisauce:

I dônt have MB.

I laughed so hard seeing this

Walahi Chilli, you are never serious

1 Like

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2015
My mother used to play this track of Dan Seals whenever she came home from work after she had some misunderstanding with my father. Her family disagreed with her marrying my father.

My mother is a very beautiful woman, a rare beauty and people wonder how my father is able to capture her love. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcW8XI0m_zs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by cococandy(f): 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
grin

Chillicomedy.

Is that not what we listened to while growing up?
Abeg leave us and our princess njideka okeke. grin

Chillisauce:
Awww.
I love your mum already.

Lovely.

....aka nchawa ...

1 Like

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by cococandy(f): 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
My moms favorite album was abba.
so I fell in love with them too and have almost all their songs by Heart.

2 Likes

Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:
My mother used to play this track of Dan Seal whenever she came home from work after she had some misunderstanding with my father. Her family disagreed with her marrying my father.

My mother is a very beautiful woman, a rare beauty and people wonder how my father is able to captured her love. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Aww.
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
cococandy:

Aww.
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. That is the truth. grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by cococandy(f): 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
all4naija:
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. That is the truth. grin grin grin grin
Of course I believe you. smiley
Re: Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2015
cococandy:
My moms favorite album was abba.
so I fell in love with them too and have almost all their songs by Heart.
I got one of their tracks on YouTube for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Life Is Short. Have An Affaire / Why Did You Get Married / What Open Marriage Taught One Man About Feminism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.