Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) (37610 Views)

One-man Robbery Squad Terrorizing Ekosodin Meets Waterloo. / 3-man Robbery Gang Caught In Lagos After They Stole Bag Of Sanitary Pads (Pic) / Face Of Man Who Led A 30-man Robbery Gang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by dre11(m): 7:55am On Oct 14, 2015
THE Lagos State Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) has smashed a five-man armed robbery gang. Four members of the gang were arrested and their leader simply named Lekan reportedly escaped.

The suspects are Tayo Abiola, 36 from Ikale Village in Ondo State, Bala Shaibu, 33, from Maiduguri, the Borno State capital, Tayo Olajide, 25, from Osun village in Ekiti State and Jessi Garba, 36 from Damboa village in Borno State.

According to the police the five-man armed robbery gang went to rob in Ajah and branched elsewhere to share their loot when SARS operatives swooped on them.

Garba confessed to the crime, saying: “We were five in number. We went there to rob but police came and arrested four of us. It is only our gang leader Lekan that escaped. My role is to beat up stubborn victims”.

Olajide said: “I am a barber and the owner of the hotel where the gang members usually lodge. They have not given me a dime since I knew them. My role is simply to provide accommodation for the gang”.
Shaibu claimed to be a taxi driver, saying he used to follow Garba on patrol as friends not knowing that he was an armed robber.

On why he could not leave when he found out that they were robbers, he said it was too late to do because it could cost him his life. He said he is the gang’s operational driver.

Abiola said their victims included one Navy Captain Overt and one Omobolanle Babatunde and that the operation was carried out on July 20 at Ilaje Ajah.

Abiola said his younger brother, Sunday, was an armed robber.

He said he was with Sunday’s gang when the police arrested them while sharing their loot.

He said he was arrested along with them, adding that a gang member was shot dead in a gun duel with the police.

http://thenationonlineng.net/police-smash-five-man-robbery-gang/

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by satelliteDISH(m): 8:00am On Oct 14, 2015
D dude below me is just 1minute late from my post. INtrovert, i am retaining this position for u. COME and reward me for my effort.
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by zinachidi(m): 8:01am On Oct 14, 2015
nice one...

2 Likes

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Aminat508(f): 8:03am On Oct 14, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Khd95(m): 8:03am On Oct 14, 2015
they Will look innocent once dy are caughtundecided

9 Likes

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by christinie(f): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Sandydayz(f): 8:21am On Oct 14, 2015
Jesu cry
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Islie: 8:25am On Oct 14, 2015
The police will be flexing their muscles with these ones while the big boys robbery that did happen yesterday ........

They were no where to be found

1 Like

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:39am On Oct 14, 2015
Many days 4 d thief ONE day 4 d owner.
Meanwhile Today is my Mum's Birthday; The Only woman dat gat the power n strength to carry me for 9 months. NL show some Luv

89 Likes

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Lincoln275(m): 8:40am On Oct 14, 2015
Welldone naija police
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Sijo01(f): 8:40am On Oct 14, 2015
Yoruba & Hausa collabo tongue

15 Likes

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by ZYZZA: 8:40am On Oct 14, 2015
That there job there pay them am not praising any body

#IHATEAPC
#AM AWAILER AND AM PROUD

2 Likes

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by omusiliyu(m): 8:40am On Oct 14, 2015
NANCN
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 8:41am On Oct 14, 2015
Still watin looking for the smashing though weldone boys grin
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by MizFrances(f): 8:41am On Oct 14, 2015
Agbayas
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by ibkgab001: 8:41am On Oct 14, 2015
kill them all
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Captainswag225(m): 8:41am On Oct 14, 2015
gudjob by the police
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by dayo23(f): 8:42am On Oct 14, 2015
Buhari body language
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 14, 2015
Okkk..
THUNDER FIRE them.
BRING tyre and petrol, let's do our best.
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Dragonking: 8:42am On Oct 14, 2015
They claim to smash 5 man robbery gang but am seeing 4 men in the picture undecided undecided undecided
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Viktor1983(m): 8:42am On Oct 14, 2015
Islie:
The police will be flexing their muscles with these ones while the big boys robbery that did happen yesterday ........

They were no where to be found
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by laurel03(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2015
Bad guyz... Dem go say na poverty and devil lead them to robbery....
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by sigiyaya(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2015
OGA Police the real robbers robbed FESTAC town yesterday and information stated that they made away with millions of naira through the lagoon you should go after them and bring them to justice

1 Like

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Sweetyie(f): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2015
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by donigspain(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2015
[size=18pt]Fellow Geographers and Meteorologists.[/size] grin grin grin
Where is the compass below pointing at?

8 Likes

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by g4everybody(m): 8:43am On Oct 14, 2015
dayo23:
Buhari body language
cheesy

If only you know the kind of damage some robber wreck on Festac yesterday, u wil start crying for this country
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Sweetyie(f): 8:44am On Oct 14, 2015
laurel03:
Bad guyz
Before they start smashing, they should do something about that FESTAC robbery
Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by saintandsinnerz: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2015
This is serious! No tribe is bereft of criminals, and all of you who stupidly ascribe crime to a particular region should really grow up. Committing a crime is a matter of choice not by the ethnic region you come from

5 Likes

Re: Police Smash Five-man Robbery Gang In Lagos (Pictured) by Upnepaa(m): 8:45am On Oct 14, 2015
[sub][/sub]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Woman Ernest Hotel In Lagos / Man Trying To Commit Suicide At Jakande, Lagos (Photos) / Kidnappers Of Police Officer In Ogun Caught, Stripped Unclad By Police (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.