Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly Protest Against Use Of Yoruba In Ch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly Protest Against Use Of Yoruba In Ch (2022 Views)

Occupynass Group Received About N400, 000 Daily For National Assembly Protest’ / Save Our National Assembly Protest (#savenass): Why Every Progressive Nigerian M / Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly Protest Against Use Of Yoruba In Ch by Misterpaul(m): 9:31am On Oct 14, 2015
I saw this post on my friends Facebook wall, and thought I should share it here along with some replies from people.

Chris Kehinde Nwandu wrote:

IGBO MEMBER OF LAGOS STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
PROTEST AGAINST USE OF YORUBA IN CHAMBER.

Hon Jude Idimogu an Igbo member of the the Lagos
State House of Assembly has protested against the use
of Yoruba Language as a form of communication
during proceedings on the floor of the House.
DOES HE HAVE A VALID POINT?
…………………………………………………………
MY RESPONSE:
There are two things involved.
1) He screwed up. You can't go fighting for a public
office in a region you're not originally from if you
don't understand their language. It's lack of foresight.
If you want to serve the public anywhere, make sure
you understand that particular public.
2) He has a point cause English is our official language
and I believe there is a part of the Constitution which
states that Parliamentary activities should be carried
out in English. So on that ground he is right.
However, State and Federal Assemblies may not follow
the same dictates since one caters to national issues
and one caters to state issues, so he is screwed either
way.

Re: Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly Protest Against Use Of Yoruba In Ch by coolebux(m): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2015
Freedom of speech angry
Re: Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly Protest Against Use Of Yoruba In Ch by sltn(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2015
just passing by! i will be back to commet.
Re: Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly Protest Against Use Of Yoruba In Ch by tobiit(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2015
He's not serious. So, he doesn't even understand Yoruba language then why did he vie for public office in Yorubaland.
Re: Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly Protest Against Use Of Yoruba In Ch by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 14, 2015
Biko, igbo's in lagos, let's all be careful.. you are representing a community, a yoruba community, the least you can do is learn to speak the language or keep mute during proceedings and collect your salary. Don't create chaos for other non indigenes who want to contest next time
Re: Igbo Member Of Lagos State House Of Assembly Protest Against Use Of Yoruba In Ch by ndupaul: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2015
Those who refer to this man as "Igbo member of Lagos state house of assembly" are propagating their tribalism and hate just as usual.
The person is "a member of Lagos state house of assembly", a lagosian, and his allegations should be treated on it's merit or demerit without sentiments.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Senate screens Amaechi As Minister / Gov Rochas Shows Off His Bricklayer's Skill At NSCDC's Modern Cell Kickoff(pics / Meet The Worlds Poorest President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.