Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,997 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES - Politics (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES (109657 Views)

Panic Grips Buhari’s Ministers / Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES / DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 5:26pm On Oct 14, 2015
angiography:

Hold it.
I think the argument was between Kemi Adeosun and Iweala.
You don't have fact sooo u retreated to cursing iyangbali family. You're not sensible
I wish Kemi all the best in any portfolio they give her.
I want our nation to move forward.
Not comparing her with NOI in any way.
As for that IYANGBALI, that one is just a tout

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by wristbangle: 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2015
FreeGlobe:

yoruba people will not praise stella oduahs efforts because she is not yoruba so I dont expect anything different from you.

Oh I get it. So u are an igbo lab rat? grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by MrMcJay(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
viickerz:
I AM DISAPPOINTED, LAI MOHAMED WAS CONFIRMED DESPITE ALL THE NAYS

Go to court na. You think your wailing stops anything? You guys should keep hating on NL, all politicians are the same.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by Remii(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
meforyou1:
Why exactly is Saraki always saying the Ayes have it, even when Nays are louder
. its not decibel test but number, nays are pdp, they are minority, shikena, they may shout louder.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

In a voice vote, whatever you may think you heard, the SP determines whether it's the "yea" or "nay" got it.
o well, good and fine. I'm sure they have already have agreements on this ministerial nomination, that's why opposition leaders didn't raise alarm
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by Leyemoshood: 5:30pm On Oct 14, 2015
CFCfan:
Electronic voting will be much more transparent than this so-called voice vote. Lai Mohammed's confirmation is simply a fraud.

Did you really think Lai Mohammed will not be confirmed?

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by angiography(m): 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
meforyou1:
I wish Kemi all the best in any portfolio they give her.
I want our nation to move forward.
Not comparing her with NOI in any way.
As for that IYANGBALI, that one is just a tout
Lol...iyangbali is a clown faa...ull agree with me that he spiced things up here smiley

I'll submit NOI was a capable leader too...tho m a staunch hater of the last administration. But Iweala, Adeshina were just too gud than slandering them here

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by anigbajumo(m): 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2015
I was kinda busy 2day coz of lectures'......ah don hear say fashola jst dy use bomb scatter our senators head.......make I port to youtube straight.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by thepatroit: 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
MrMcJay:

Go to court na. You think your wailing stops anything? You guys should keep hating on NL, all politicians are the same.
True talk.leave them to continue wailing. Senators who understand one another. If it was such an issue, why didn't the nay screamers protest vehemently. It's as if they didn't watch Lai's screening where they were shared laughter all round. Laughter even followed the first nay screams. Make una dey here they commit suicide, the senators dey chop exotic meals by now. Mtchew!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by Nellypy: 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
Senate is delaying issues screen only 10 person a day
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 5:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
MrMcJay:

Cry me a river.
which cry? For what? Even those listening on radio heard it. U may have been listening on nation newspaper
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
Alphaoscar:

I have already apologized for that because I wanted to quote someone else not u. Kindly unquote me.
sorry, this forum doesn't have means of unquoting. Sorry for my response
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by Mrtesso: 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
Remii:
. its not decibel test but number, nays are pdp, they are minority, shikena, they may shout louder.

I think I'm with u on this ur hypothesis... LoL grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Tolatutu:
Those saying Saraki will make things difficult for Buhari where are you. Even Lai Mohammed that is Tinubu's nominee he confirmed disputed the fact that the nays were more.

Saraki has no choice but to play ball
so u concur, the Nay was reverberating
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Mrtesso:
Was that timid and dull Kebbi SAN/politician/comedian/businessman/former cpc legal adviser confirmed?
yea, he was
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by Alphaoscar: 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
meforyou1:
sorry, this forum doesn't means of unquoting. Sorry for my response

Its ok Bro . But next time if you want to unquote someone all you have to do is to delete all the parts of their posts you quoted b4.

But never mind about my own again and let that be bygone. Have a nice day.
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by naptu2: 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
gsparks01:
The Senate President has d final say actually

Any senator that is dissatisfied with the Senate President's decision can call for a division.

In the old days this meant that the senators in support of the motion will sit at one end of the chamber while those against will sit at the other end (hence the word division) and the clerk will count them to determine if the ayes or the nays have it.

In modern times this is done electronically. There's an electronic voting machine and "scoreboard" in the chamber.

Electronic voting is only used when there's a division or when they are amending the constitution.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
CFCfan:
Electronic voting will be much more transparent than this so-called voice vote. Lai Mohammed's confirmation is simply a fraud.
true talk.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
Leyemoshood:

Did you really think Lai Mohammed will not be confirmed?
the Nays had it twice. That's the fact

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by naptu2: 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
CFCfan:

Any senator that is dissatisfied with the Senate President's decision can call for a division.

In the old days this meant that the senators in support of the motion will sit at one end of the chamber while those against will sit at the other end (hence the word division) and the clerk will count them to determine if the ayes or the nays have it.

In modern times this is done electronically. There's an electronic voting machine and "scoreboard" in the chamber.

Electronic voting is only used when there's a division or when they are amending the constitution.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by BALLOSKI: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
meforyou1:
Wow, that's what they do most. Men! You need to watch British Prime Minister's responses in parliament. Opposition back benchers will all stand up and shout him down. So enjoy it. Just check it on YouTube you will laugh tire
I have always seen him standing very close to them or standing in their middle whenever he visits the house of commons and, with some long-faced countering him to his face . grin grin funny people!
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by Mrtesso: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
meforyou1:
yea, he was

Oh....SMH. The fellow wasn't impressive at all. Perhaps his confirmation is based on something other than what he's got to offer.
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
Nellypy:
Senate is delaying issues screen only 10 person a day
hey say what you know. People that didn't sip even a glass of water till 5pm. These guys are screening intending ministers, not motor park agberos

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by Bennyberry(m): 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
MrMcJay:

To generalize is to be an ediot
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by sniper1305(m): 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
Pls guys, who know wat happen to the nomination of Adebayo shittu of oyo state?
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by Alphaoscar: 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
sniper1305:
Pls guys, who wat happen to the nomination of Adebayo shittu of oyo state?

Good question o.
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by MrMcJay(m): 5:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
Bennyberry:

To generalize is to be an ediot

Tell that to the person who gave the same surname to all your family members.
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
naptu2:

not exactly. PDP and APC members are supposed to sit differently, but now the mix, which is a good thing.
As for the voice vote, only when the senators feel the Senate President didn't get it right, they will call for division. If there's electronic voting, every senator will vote electronically during the time allowed,but if not, every senator will be made to vote on paper and the votes counted.
In Lie Mohd's case, I believe there was an agreement already already to pass the nominees that's why opposition didn't oppose.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by Leyemoshood: 6:00pm On Oct 14, 2015
meforyou1:
the Nays had it twice. That's the fact

Who are the minority?
Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by naptu2: 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
meforyou1:
not exactly. PDP and APC members are supposed to sit differently, but now the mix, which is a good thing.
As for the voice vote, only when the senators feel the Senate President didn't get it right, they will call for division. If there's electronic voting, every senator will vote electronically during the time allowed,but if not, every senator will be made to vote on paper and the votes counted.
In Lie Mohd's case, I believe there was an agreement already already to pass the nominees that's why opposition didn't oppose.

You simply repeated what I said.

With regards to seating arrangement, I'm not referring to regular seating arrangement, I'm referring to when there was a division (in the past, before electronic voting was introduced).

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by meforyou1(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
sniper1305:
Pls guys, who know wat happen to the nomination of Adebayo shittu of oyo state?
he hasn't been screened yet. Remaining him and amaechi tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES by VickyRotex(f): 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2015
IYANGBALI:
these people no go go for break and chop?vickyrotex and rokiatu na una dey sell bons,gala,pure water and minerals make una carry una market go there go sell o,who knows some of the might even toast you for take away grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You no see when Senator (Mrs.) Tinubu buy gala from me? tongue

As you no get TV, how you go take watch am sef. Shiooo grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Ajimobi's Mansion That Led To Clash Between Family & Oyo State Government / Obasanjo Dances Gbe Body Till His Shoes Fell Off His Feet (Photos, Video) / List Of Buhari's Ministerial Nominees Screened By DSS - Naij.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.