Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,312 members, 7,811,927 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

SEE The 21 Quotes From Fashola’s Engaging Ministerial Screening - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SEE The 21 Quotes From Fashola’s Engaging Ministerial Screening (654 Views)

Fayose Reacts To The Release Of The 21 Chibok Girls / Names And Photos Of Some Of The 21 Chibok Girls Released By Boko Haram / How Fashola Shut Down The Ministerial Screening + 21 Quotes From Lagos Ex-gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEE The 21 Quotes From Fashola’s Engaging Ministerial Screening by domchido1: 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
When former Lagos governor, Babatunde Fashola, took center stage at the ongoing screening of the ministerial nominees, the sound of a pin couldn’t be heard at the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

With evident dexterity and a deep grasp of issues, Fashola answered every question asked of him and carefully side-stepped a few sensitive queries.
The minister-in-waiting successfully impressed the Senators and the watching public with his answers.

Here are 21 quotes by Fashola from the screening:

1. ‘Our Work in Lagos was a Team Effort, I won’t appropriate personal responsibility for the Good Work’.

2. ‘My attitude was to see criminals as my competitor and with competitions ,my desire was to win’.

3. ‘Security remains the primary but toughest job a leader can have; It was a competition’.

4. ‘As governor I felt responsible for every citizen that was robbed. Every citizen that was robbed, I had failed. That’s how I felt’.

5. ‘Before we increase taxes, we must optimize the capacity to get that which is in the place.’

6. ‘Online Technology is a very versatile tool for tax collection… moving to it would be important’.

7. ‘Competition stimulates productivity. There is no state that is unable to carry out productive activity’.

8. ‘If we are afraid of abuse, start the state police. Not every state should start if it can’t be funded’.

9. ‘My Knowledge of Abuja is not as deep as my knowledge of Lagos. I have lived in Lagos all my life.’

10. ‘I don’t know the last time a serious conviction was made for rape in any of our high courts’.

11. ‘I will walk away from the tendency to condemn the level of development of our Country’.

12. ‘It is our responsibility to continue to add value whenever we find ourselves in a privileged position’.

13. ‘The only training I have is that of a lawyer. I don’t fix contract prices, I don’t sign cheques, non of my commissioners signs cheques. We have a process that was followed.’

14. ‘In my own right as a 52 years man, I am old, but we must continue to interface with and guide the youths’.

15. ‘Nobody has alleged that I have corruptly enriched myself. The unfortunate thing about money is that it always raises suspicion even amongst brothers.’

SEE MORE: http://www.unitednaija.com/2015/10/21-quotes-from-fasholas-engaging-ministerialscreening/

Number 19 is my favorite..

Re: SEE The 21 Quotes From Fashola’s Engaging Ministerial Screening by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2015
In ajegunle we excavated 1.35 deep refusr
Re: SEE The 21 Quotes From Fashola’s Engaging Ministerial Screening by MosakuAW(m): 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
. The unfortunate thing about
money is that it always raises suspicion even
amongst brothers.’

Hmmmm! What a quote!
Re: SEE The 21 Quotes From Fashola’s Engaging Ministerial Screening by Codyt(m): 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2015
Front page material
Re: SEE The 21 Quotes From Fashola’s Engaging Ministerial Screening by seunmsg(m): 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2015
I like his answer about loyalty. 'may our loyalty not be tested. Very deep answer.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Stop Blamimg Ypruba About GEJ / Why Pres. Buhari Should Grant Sen. Bukola Saraki A Pardon / Nairaland Needs Dislike Button

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.