Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. (1520 Views)

Asking Igbos To ''Return Home'' Shows Economic Illiteracy! / Fashola: Nigerians Waste Valuable Time Praying! / Buhari And The Virtually Empty Treasury (deceit Or Illiteracy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2015
I feel pity reading comments crediting fashola's performance on the ministerial screening. If this is the way to go then it's indeed a pity

When asked if he actually spent 78million naira on a website,he was trying to be too technical with his choice of phrases. Fashola was like, I and my commissioners don't sign cheques,cost of projects are determined by ministries. lets even give him the benefit of a doubt that the ministry of science and Technology fixed the price of this website at 78million naira and fashola knows nothing about this amount,as serious members of the senate, is it not in their place to ask this prospective minister how he intends to prevent this sort of inflated project cost in his assigned ministry if he couldn't do so as a governor,no one asked him about the mechanisms his government employed in justifying the cost of projects so as to prevent fraud,no one asked him pertinent questions.
Fashola spoke grammar and nigerians got blown away..its a pity indeed. Come to think of it,this is the man people who are not in the know are busy celebrating.smh.

Why am I even writing this,is the government any less corrupt?

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Obinoscopy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by agabaI23(m): 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
It is funny. Those praising his performance have overlooked this shortcomings deliberately. Nigerians are smart but they choose to play dumb when it suits there propaganda. I like Fashiola and I believed before these revelations that Tinubu weighed him down but stories I have heard recently make me think otherwise.

We shall rise some day!!!

Hypocrisy will end some day...

6 Likes

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2015
agabaI23:
It is funny
bro,this same senators were busy disturbing our eardrums about how thorough they will perform their job.

1 Like

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by agabaI23(m): 4:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
chigo93:
bro,this same senators were busy disturbing our eardrums about how thorough they will perform their job.
I never believed them. I was not fooled. I knew that one dinner at Ladi kwali is enough to make all of them sing the same song.

If Edwin Clark will turn to speak against GEJ in this country, an old man that has nothing to lose again, then there is no principle in our polity. It is all about what gets into the account and remaining politically relevant.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2015
I wonder where these Apc guys get the energy they use in chanting their anti corruption stance.smh
agabaI23:
I never believed them. I was not fooled. I knew that one dinner at Ladi kwali is enough to make all of them sing the same song.

If Edwin Clark will turn to speak against GEJ in this country, an old man that has nothing to lose again, then there is no principle in our polity. It is all about what gets into the account and remaining politically relevant.
bro that Edwin's issue too got me surprised oo.
Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by ArodeTsolaye: 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
I was actually laughing at the jubilant baboons and monkeys over the way they celebrated a thieving politrickcian sh1tting in their empty skulls.

How can he claim that clearly inflated projects should simply remain inflated because as an EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR he didn't sign the chequebooks and the APC otimkpus and chimpmunks are celebrating because he garnished his words with grandiose verbose.

Maybe TA orji and co. should also be left off the hook because they were not trained as Accountants and therefore didn't sign the checkbooks. That means every governor blindly spent whatever the looney at their Accountant's office (or whoever is reponsible for signing chequebooks) signed off, inflated or deflated, no questions asked.

When the World health organization declared last week that majority of Africans are retar.ded and demented, they were being very economical with the truth. They were specifically referring to nigerians. Thank God i'm not nigerian. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
I was actually laughing at the jubilant baboons and monkeys over the way they celebrated a thieving politrickcian sh1tting in their empty skulls.

How can he claim that clearly inflated projects should simply remain inflated because as an EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR he didn't sign the checkbooks and the APC otimkpus and chimpmunks are celebrating because he garnished his words with grandiose verbose.

Maybe TA orji and co. should also be left off the hook because they were not trained as Accountants and therefore didn't sign the checkbooks. That means every governor blindly spent whatever the looney at their Accountant's office (or whoever is reponsible for signing checkbooks) signed off, inflated or deflated, no questions asked.
and the senators were ganishing him with ovations, fashola clearly shot himself on the foot with his statements. It only takes a brilliant senator to ask him how come this project cost(website) was inflated under his watch,or even ask about mechanisms his government employed inorder to justify project cost,but no senator whatsoever asked him these questions,brilliant and serious senators indeed.

Fashola just spoke grammar and nigerians got blown away, nobody asked pertinent questions.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2015
I am not surprised at all. I have always maintained that this 8th Senate is a charade. They have lost every moral legitimacy to question any nominee on corruption-related issue. They lost it the day they passed vote of confidence on their leader that is standing trial for corruption. They are not a serious bunch but glorified rubber-stamp. Fashola had to rubbish them with his equally senseless blab.

How can he say that his commissioner wasn't aware when it is the job of the commissioner to counter-sign any contract by the ministerial tender board? Who is fooling who?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by stevecantrell: 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
When the legislative work as if they're an extension of the Executive this is what happens.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Firefire(m): 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
SMH undecided
Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Scream(m): 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2015
Our leaders are not smart, the opinion leaders are daft... especially those on social media. He has let all the corrupt politicians off the hook through this statement he made... Was it Madueke that determined prices in her time?

This Senate has failed woefully, they have failed to call him to order.

A very bad precedence has been set.

May God help us!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not surprised at all. I have always maintained that this 8th Senate is a charade. They have lost every moral legitimacy to question any nominee on corruption-related issue. They lost it the day they passed vote of confidence on their leader that is standing trial for corruption. They are not a serious bunch but glorified rubber-stamp. Fashola had to rubbish them with his equally senseless blab.

How can he say that his commissioner wasn't aware when it is the job of the commissioner to counter-sign any contract by the ministerial tender board? Who is fooling who?
The surprising thing is the fact that nigerians are celebrating his performance,if the senators won't ask fashola pertinent questions,how about we ordinary nigerians,should we celebrate a thief? In truth,this screening only revealed more reasons why fashola shouldn't be made a minister,a sensible individual after watching that screening would nurse doubts about fashola's capacity to prevent fraud in his assigned ministry.

It's funny.

1 Like

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by stevecantrell: 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
A wailers thread that's actually making some critical sense...

I'm not against Fash becoming a minister, after all PMB has limited options and in the absence of saints, a performing sinner would do.

However, as the OP rightly opined, Fashola only gave more fuel to allegations against him by the style of answers he gave. And as such, there were so many points the members of the upper house could have taken him up on, but didn't.

Fashola ought to have been griilled but he got a free pass. I would have loved to see him sweat it out, at least before they let him go.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2015
Ohh Thank God you are being objective
stevecantrell:
A wailers thread that's actually making some critical sense...
Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
It is a pity bro. An extension of the executive indeed,no checks and balances.
stevecantrell:
When the legislative work as if they're an extension of the Executive this is what happens.
Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Dannyset(m): 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2015
I would have loved this thread if it wasn't laced with anger, strife, hatred, sentiment and the likes.
Meanwhile, I reserve my comment.
Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
Bro my post is as objective as much as it can,if you feel I'm unjust, then quote the part of my writings justifying your ascertions.
Dannyset:
I would have loved this thread if it wasn't laced with anger, strife, hatred, sentiment and the likes.
Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Dannyset(m): 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2015
chigo93:
Bro my post is as objective as much as it can,if you feel I'm unjust, then quote the part of my writings justifying your ascertions.
Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2015
Bro if we don't have brilliant leaders,then how do we grow as a people?
Scream:
Our leaders are not smart, the opinion leaders are daft... especially on social media. He has let all the corrupt politicians off the hook through this statement he made... Was it Madueke that determined prices in her time?

This Senate has failed woefully, they have failed to call him to order.

A bad precedence has been set.

May God help us!
Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by tuniski: 6:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
It is a pity. They should just have called them all out on a roll call to take a bow and go. This charade of screening wasted citizens time. Well, only the gullible sai baba chanters won't see that the senate are clowning while they cheer!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2015
One of the greatest fears nigerians should nurse is the fear of having senators that do not possess the intellectual capacity to question technical lies. If this fear is rightly founded ,then billions will be misappropriated rightly or wrongly so based on technicalities.

In this scenario, the success or failure of a stealing scheme depends on how technical the culprits are.

Cc:lalasticlala Is it that this quality of writeup doesn't have the capacity to make fp?
Pls do the needful so as to expose the wrongs in our legislative arm.

tuniski:
It is a pity. They should just have called them all out on a roll call to take a bow and go. This charade of screening wasted citizens time. Well, only the gullible sai baba chanters won't see that the senate are clowning while they cheer!!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by tobisco29(m): 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2015
Dannyset:
me also
Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by meezynetwork(m): 8:51pm On Oct 14, 2015
This show of shame by the upper chamber is really embarrassing. That the Senate lack mentally sound and thoughtful senators is mind blowing. These shows you the kind of pot belly politics that's goes on there with a bunch of brainless and slow-witted fellows called senators. Though am a change mantra, the screening was a kinda of laughable exercise with no in depth or tactfully questions or answers. An example was the answer given by Fashola(SAN), because He just color painted corruption and gave it a thick blanket by justifying his deeds by simply saying he doesn't sign cheques. Was he not the administrator. The answer gave an excuse for other corrupted ex governors simply cos most don't sign the state cheques too.

1 Like

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by SeverusSnape(m): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2015
chigo93:
I feel pity reading comments crediting fashola's performance on the ministerial screening. If this is the way to go then it's indeed a pity

When asked if he actually spent 78million naira on a website,he was trying to be too technical with his choice of phrases. Fashola was like, I and my commissioners don't sign cheques,cost of projects are determined by ministries. lets even give him the benefit of a doubt that the ministry of science and Technology fixed the price of this website at 78million naira and fashola knows nothing about this amount,as serious members of the senate, is it not in their place to ask this prospective minister how he intends to prevent this sort of inflated project cost in his assigned ministry if he couldn't do so as a governor,no one asked him about the mechanisms his government employed in justifying the cost of projects so as to prevent fraud,no one asked him pertinent questions.
Fashola spoke grammar and nigerians got blown away..its a pity indeed. Come to think of it,this is the man people who are not in the know are busy celebrating.smh.

Why am I even writing this,is the government any less corrupt?

Cc:
Tonyebarcanista
Ozoakpe
Mogidi
Firefire
Phockphockman
Mizmycoli
Anonimi
Kosovo
Truckpusher
Ezemust
Sunnybobo
Francizy
Lordave
Lalastica
Mr. Man, But you were among those who clamored for "change", Isn't it??... I remember vividly.

Bros. It's some minutes past the hour of 21hrs, But GOOD MORNING. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Sparklesebony: 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
All I wanna say is that 'They don't really care about us,' truth or justice.

1 Like

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by Sparklesebony: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
APC & PMB remind of Fela's song, 'Soldier go soldier come.

Fela sang: 'Them get different different names for different different governments but the correct name for them na 'Soldier go soldier come'.

A new name but d same scary old faces.

1 Like

Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
.....typing
Re: Fashola,nigerians And Illiteracy. by otukpo(f): 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
@ Op, I agree with you completely.

(1) (Reply)

Pro-biafra Protest Ground Aba - The Nation / PDP, Reps, Anenih, Ayu, Others Named In N30b ‘loot’ / Graphic Photo: The Arrest Of Ibrahim Zakzaky Leader Of NIM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.