Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help (4379 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Free Window Vista Product Key / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help by ifelekan1(m): 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2009
I was given a new laptop by my uncle in Germany, the menus,documents and all other are in german and i want to change it to English language which i understand. The system is HP with Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. If there is anyone one that knows how i can change the language pls HELP ME .
Re: Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help by TmeD0(m): 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ poster, try changing your regional settings. 
Re: Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help by dammy1102(m): 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2009
regional settings may not, if the OS was written in German, u need a technician
Re: Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help by TmeD0(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ OP, i have bad news for you.  you're somewhat stuck with the German text on the laptop because
MS only provided an MUI (multilingual user interface) pack files for Vista Ultimate and Enterprise editions.

you can try to download MUI from the url i provided above but i doubt if it will solve your problem. 

your other option is to try and reinstall Vista and see if it will present you with a language option whereby you can choose English (i doubt it but it won't
hurt to try) or just go ahead and shell out some dough for a new English copy of Vista Home Prem.   sad  sorry, not much help there.

@ dammy1102, thanks; forgot about the OS entirely.  Peace!
Re: Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help by moonraker(m): 6:44am On May 19, 2009
there are two ways. update to vista ultimate and download the MUI Package or backup yur drivers and install a brand nu

copy of windows. i can give yu tutorials abt that cos i do it all the time. for free if i might add.
Re: Change My Laptop Language To English. Window Vista Home Premium. Please Help by nedux: 12:12pm On May 20, 2009
Hi guy if truelly u want to change the language u need an expert, if u dont want to run the risk of losing some of ur drivers.In short i can help u do it, call mi on 08032344087.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Wash The Laptop Keyboard With Spirit Or Water? And Hit It With Hot Bob? / How To Make Your Windows 7 Genuine / I Need Office 2010 Professional Full Activation Key!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.