Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,994 members, 7,810,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? (17664 Views)

Sea Salt, Himalayan Salt, Powders, Oils, Roots & Herbs in Lagos State Nigeria.. / See How Much Bishop David Oyedepo Pays As Salary To His School Teachers / For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by Adesiji77: 6:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
AdmiralDru:
He should resign if he thinks its not enough. Its not his or his fathers' company.

LOL grin

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
Hmmm... I am a warehouse manager just like your friend, have been in this position for almost 3 years, I want to tell you that when I got the Job, it was answer to prayer because it was a big upgrade on my previous job as a wholesale executive, fast forward to this moment, though the salary is no longer commiserate with the economy of our country today, I didn't put my eyes on the goods I'm suppose to look after, I do my work diligently and have been submitting my C V and trusting God for a better upgrade.

Your friend should not be tempted to leave that job if he does not have another job that pay higher and guarantee job security, he should also remove his eyes from people's property and face his work.

Lastly, I got this present I'm doing because the person before me did not take her work seriously and with all diligence, as I am typing this , she has been jumping from one low part-time job to another, even jobs whose salaries are not half of what she earn before.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by onismate: 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
manage the thing joor

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by Youngzedd(m): 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2015
Greed...

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by Jalubarika(m): 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2015
Even if na 5h per month Igbo man no go complain. Don't you have Igbo friends. Go and use ur head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by neweraomo: 7:01pm On Oct 15, 2015
100naira per day grin
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by malikisah: 7:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
AdmiralDru:
He should resign if he thinks its not enough. Its not his or his fathers' company.
good talk, before he begin thief for dia!

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by firfinch(m): 7:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
The issue of salary and incentives should have been discussed and agreed by both parties. However I believe the warehouse manager should be taken care of, considering the fact that he is the first to open and the last to close, and to avoid the manager from stealing since he has direct access to the goods. The volume of goods does not matter, because that might be seasonal, but at the same time, he is responsible for the safe-keeping of those goods untill they are sold.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by slap1(m): 7:14pm On Oct 15, 2015
AdmiralDru:

Guy na wetin? grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by petkoffDrake(m): 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2015
ebubey:
gat no idea
"sitting in same posture as ur pix... and ask u..." THEN Y COMMENT?
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by ebubey(f): 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2015
petkoffDrake:
"sitting in same posture as ur pix... and ask u..." THEN Y COMMENT?
lols
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by buchilino(m): 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2015
wilybebsy:
No one is even answering the question... Mtcheeeeew

I WORKED AS A WAREHOUSE MANAGER WITH ONE OF D BEST PUBLISHING COYS IN DIS COUNTRY, SO I NO WAT UR FRIEND IS GOING THROUGH, BELIEVE ME I DO. BUT SINCE HE DOESN'T HAVE ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE 4 NOW, I SUGGEST HE KEEPS D JOB BUT BE SCOUTING 4 OTHER OPPORTUNITIES. DATS WAT I DID N 2DAY I WORK IN A FED GOVT MINISTRY. IF HE THINKS D COY WILL INCREASE HIS PAY THEN HIS JOKING. LET HIM ENDURE D HUMILIATIONS 4 NOW COS NOTHING LAST 4EVA
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2015
He can start and manage his own logistics company
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by yanabasee(m): 8:19pm On Oct 15, 2015
sinorte:

But you wouldn't sure advise him to resign until he has an alternative, and the company refuses to increase his pay. But the guy could be right in his argument. The pay should in a way commensurate with the worth of the service.

I'd advised him to stick to what he's got...

Comparing his newly employed position with other managers who might have had years of working experience and as well, contribute immensely to the fame, isn't just the right thing to do... This days, companies will employ you and expect you to contribute to the company's goals and objective.

Most times...it's not always all about the pay! It's always all about the fame's success... The more the company is progressing, the better the payment...
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by petkoffDrake(m): 8:26pm On Oct 15, 2015
ebubey:
lols
u look pretty though..... what's the name?
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by SKYQUEST(m): 8:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
sinorte:
My friend, Adams, was quite happy when he got a job as a Warehouse Manager. The pay was sure an upgrade on his previous salary.

However, couple of months into the job and Adams started complaining he is not being paid well by his company. He discovers he earns less compared to other managers, even compared to those with less important portfolios. One of his strongest arguments has been that he is not being well enough in contrast to the value of goods he manages (this could run into an average of 20million naira monthly). Meanwhile, he is also well involved in the company's logistics activities.

My own question is this: should warehouse managers be ever paid based on the value of goods they administer? Or how do you think the salaries of warehouse managers should be scaled?

Thank you for your honest contributions.

Tell your friend he is about to commit a fraud on the company because he has already find a rational for the fraud. Whenever you feel your company is cheating you, you end up defrauding them particularly if you are in such a position as the Warehouse Manager!
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 15, 2015
I Barely knw anything here. so let me do what I came for

JAM ALERT!!! The most anticipated single from Delta's rising star - Adums a.k.a Mr.Classic. He Didn't disappoint, its titled "Ifeyinwa". This song got me all loved. Enjoy
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/d11c2ff0
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by bigtt76(f): 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2015
So because den put manager to take beautify your position you think say you be manager ko? Is sprite sidon de look goods value de imagine say you entitle to a salary commiserable to the value... you go jones!

The company nor try shall... at least den for motivate de guy so e nor for begin tif dem goods o!
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by niyidenrele: 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2015
AdmiralDru:
LMAO......u Kno go kill person,for here o

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by ajayi1(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2015
Its like a saying a bank teller/cashier is n't well paid because he/she counts 50million naira daily. He would like to be on % with the warehouse manager right? Mumu-ness

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by bummyla(m): 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2015
he should be paid well enough not to rob the company! He did not tell us how much he's been paid! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by GreatManBee: 11:12pm On Oct 15, 2015
Keneking:
Ok

- His salary should be scaled like any other functional head/ department eg. sales, accounts, production etc

- is there an appraisal or review period in his employ?

- how did he secure the job in the first place? Was he picked from the street or through competitive system. Who interviewed him? Male or female?

- what are his experiences (work and academic)?

- he can make money with the logistics of the company depending on his level of authorisation?

- a stock value of N20mil per month is nothing compared to warehouses of most beverage, IT, construction companies etc. I presume this is a puff-puff or bottled water warehouse.

-he has a choice to quit as we have a new government that would create sustainable jobs.

Jonathan sef angry
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by tlops(m): 2:34am On Oct 16, 2015
sinorte:
My friend, Adams, was quite happy when he got a job as a Warehouse Manager. The pay was sure an upgrade on his previous salary.

However, couple of months into the job and Adams started complaining he is not being paid well by his company. He discovers he earns less compared to other managers, even compared to those with less important portfolios. One of his strongest arguments has been that he is not being well enough in contrast to the value of goods he manages (this could run into an average of 20million naira monthly). Meanwhile, he is also well involved in the company's logistics activities.

My own question is this: should warehouse managers be ever paid based on the value of goods they administer? Or how do you think the salaries of warehouse managers should be scaled?

Based on your argument the security officers at the banks should be paid more than the staffs , since they secure large sum of money.

20 million is not much though. That will fall into the category of one-man business warehouse. Does he (you) understand the logistics and overhead costs of the goods?

The profit before overhead (Rent, fuel, security, staffing, taxation) cost of that business cannot be more than 1.5 million naira monthly to be generous but about 1M/month will be more accurate. Since the company will want to maximize its net profit you cannot expect much pay. So advice your friend/you to face his job and calculating someone else's business. But of course you can negotiate but be reasonable otherwise, quit.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by airsaylongcon: 2:50am On Oct 16, 2015
simple question, has your friend got a 100% inventory record accuracy (IRA)? 100% first expiry first out shipping? 100% on-time shipping? 100% on-time receipts? zero downtime? meets his KPI 100%? If he can quantify his value addition to the company with backing data he can negotiate a pay rise. N20m sounds like a distributior. I've worked in a warehouse were only batteries and shaving blades were worth several million dollars so ur friend (you?) should chill

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by adeagbo101(m): 4:42am On Oct 16, 2015
sinorte:

what a coincidence, I was just reading a book on this same issue this afternoon. Relativity, definitely is the problem. Why must he "compare" his salary with that of others in the first place? Was he not happy with his initial pay before comparing it with other's? An American journalist once said " a man's satisfaction with his salary depends on whether he makes more than his wife's sister's husband". Imagine what would happen if every other person in that same warehouse knows just the margin between their pay and that of others they considered 'not measured up to them' in some or all standards, even if it's their boss! Read: predictably irrational
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by adeagbo101(m): 4:44am On Oct 16, 2015
airsaylongcon:
simple question, has your friend got a 100% inventory record accuracy (IRA)? 100% first expiry first out shipping? 100% on-time shipping? 100% on-time receipts? zero downtime? meets his KPI 100%? If he can quantify his value addition to the company with backing data he can negotiate a pay rise. N20m sounds like a distributior. I've worked in a warehouse were only batteries and shaving blades were worth several million dollars so ur friend (you?) should chill

looks like someone has been reading "The GOAL" here. Lol
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by Sappyman(m): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2015
He should approach the owner and ask for a pay increase. If from statistics you gave as to what the company make at the end of every month, then this guy deserve a 20% pay raise.
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by johnlugard: 8:39am On Oct 16, 2015
It doe's not matter how much goods u secure, just pray to God that some day, their will be increase in salary.
How much do you think security men are been paid?

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by 400billionman: 10:46am On Oct 16, 2015
sinorte:

1. The average humanbeing is so insatiable. He saw the salary before picking the job. And the pay was better than his previous job.

2. The company he is working for, places certain level of importance on every job function and its level of importance is relayed by the salary attached.

3. Tell your friend to stop comparing himself to others. He is just months on the job. Others might be years on the job.

4. If he is not satisfied with the job, ask him to resign and dont be a value destroyer. He can get a better job if he works hard at it.

I found a value destroyer in my little office. When i give instructions, he gives his own counter instructions when i'm out. I relieved him of his job. In less than one week he is callling me...

5. Finally, tell your friend to try staying at home for one month without a job or salary..

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by 400billionman: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2015
snowDiva:
What can you do to ever satisfy humans? He was jubilating cos God has uplifted him fast forward to few months ojukokoro is making him want some more cant he work for a while longer, prove himself nd earn his bosses trust? He is looking at the price of goods he is managing (did he give the boss start up capital?) if I m the boss I would sack him straight up...cos It's his type that can arrange armu robas angry

Sound...

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by MartinsEgah: 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
No matter d level of Education, so far employd as a warehouse manager/storekeeper containing goods worth millions or billions.

He shud b paid not less dan #25,000 & or #40,000 as d case may b if d company is doing well & really needs dedicated manager.

As well incentives.

Also dont fail 2 consider d part of d country, whether d cost of living is high or low.

I just estimated a salary of an area where d cost of living is high.

Warehouse management is not an easy one.
D life wire of d company lies there & any error costs d manager most times his life.
So he shud b well paid 2 avoid him looking 4 a way of defrauding d company.
Re: How Much Should A Warehouse Manager Get Paid As Salary? by MartinsEgah: 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2015
No matter d level of Education, so far employd as a warehouse manager/storekeeper containing goods worth millions or billions.

He shud b paid not less dan #25,000 & or #40,000 as d case may b if d company is doing well & really needs dedicated manager.

As well monthly, periodic or annual incentives especially 4 products wit expiring dates.

Also dont fail 2 consider d part of d country, whether d cost of living is high or low.

I just estimated a salary of an area where d cost of living is high.

Warehouse management is not an easy one.
D life wire of d company lies there & any error costs d manager most times his life.
So he shud b well paid 2 avoid him looking 4 a way of defrauding d company.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ruth Agbakoba Wins At World Congress On Medical IT / Mass Demotion Looms In Police Over Alleged Lopsided Promotions / 6 Things New Graduats Should Do In Their First Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.