Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update (4114 Views)

PUBG Mobile V0.5.0 Update Added Miramar Map, Local Quick Teams, And More / See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update / List Of Android Smartphones That Will Receive Android 6.0 Marshmallow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by TechRez(m): 4:38pm On Oct 15, 2015
For guys who don't know about LG.. I think they have been doing pretty well since 2015. They have at least been innovative and gave us the first full manual camera smartphone with over 150 manual settings. It eventually became the best camera phone of 2015. You can read my review of the LG G4 here.

Outside the Nexus devices which are normally the first to get the latest Android operating system. LG has overtaken every other OEM in the race for Android 6.0 Marshmallow update.

The LG G4 is officially the first non-Nexus device to get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. Google says the new OS brings a lot of new features to Android users.

The update has been rolled out to all G4 users exclusively in Poland. I checked my G4 for the Marshmallow update, it wasn't available at this time. The update will start rolling out to other users soon enough, it could take a bit longer for users in Nigeria, considering networking providers will have to push the update to their customers, and this could take different lengths of time.

Wondering how LG was piped Samsung to get the update first? The G4 doesn’t have too much annoying bloatware, this could the only realistic reason why the update is being rolled out faster than others.

Other OEM who are jealous of this feat should learn to stop adding useless software to their devices. It makes the entire process pretty easy.

Users of Samsung can find out if their devices will get the Android 6.0 update here. At this time, it is not clear when OEM targeting Nigeria’s mobile market will get the update. However, we expect the Android 6.0 update to start rolling out for the Infinix Hot 2 before the end of the month.
http://www.techrez.com/lg-g4-android-6-0/

Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by 2dillu2(m): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2015
Waiting for tecno to start updating too but we all know they are shit and will not cry
TechRez:
For guys who don't know about LG.. I think they have been doing pretty well since 2015. They have at least been innovative and gave us the first full manual camera smartphone with over 150 manual settings. It eventually became the best camera phone of 2015. You can read my review of the LG G4 here.

http://www.techrez.com/lg-g4-android-6-0/
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 15, 2015

it could take a bit longer for users in Nigeria, considering networking providers will have to push the update to their customers, and this could take different lengths of time.
TechRez, What do you mean by this?
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by threadstone(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2015
Samsung generally has a poor history with rolling out updates in time. You know they'll have to add chat on, app market and a host of other bloatwares before finally shelling it out to their most recent higher tier devices released within a timeframe..
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Youpele52: 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
Infinix users will be the first to get the update in Nigeria.
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by braskey: 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2015
Everytime it's Poland first? .. But seriously, the back of LG flagships look ugly as fvckembarassed
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
Op LG G4 isn't the best Camera phone in 2015. It's earsier for LG to quickly send the update for G4 cos they worked closely with Google to produce the 5X which has almost same internals.

G4 isn't the first Android smartphone to taste MM cos 6P and 5x debuted with it. Some nexii users are already receiving OTA for MM.

For those wondering why it's Poland, will it has always been Poland first for LG. Guess, they have a strong Base there and got good devs in the land.
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by king406(m): 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2015
I hope s5 go get o If not, na s6 tins angry
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by frinx: 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2015
braskey:
Everytime it's Poland first? .. But seriously, the back of LG flagships look ugly as fvckembarassed
Not the leather back variant.... Too Sexy.
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by TechRez(m): 6:26am On Oct 18, 2015
ollah1:
Op LG G4 isn't the best Camera phone in 2015. It's earsier for LG to quickly send the update for G4 cos they worked closely with Google to produce the 5X which has almost same internals.

G4 isn't the first Android smartphone to taste MM cos 6P and 5x debuted with it. Some nexii users are already receiving OTA for MM.

For those wondering why it's Poland, will it has always been Poland first for LG. Guess, they have a strong Base there and got good devs in the land.

Show me any smartphone with full manual camera mode. Over 30 settings and 150 manual options. Please take a seat.
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 18, 2015
TechRez:

Show me any smartphone with full manual camera mode. Over 30 settings and 150 manual options. Please take a seat.

How many people knows how to use manual modes in cameras?
Everybody ain't a photographer
What most people use is automatic mode and if the automatic mode ain't superb , your camera would be rated inferior.

Sony has always had the best manual modes in camera but lags behind in automatic modes which displaces it away from the best smartphone camera. LG G4 is suffering the same fate but it's case is different cos it's got a very good automatic mode but ain't just better than Z5, S6 EDGE, Nexus 6P
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by TechRez(m): 7:21am On Oct 18, 2015
ollah1:

How many people knows how to use manual modes in cameras?
Everybody ain't a photographer
What most people use is automatic mode and if the automatic mode ain't superb , your camera would be rated inferior.

Sony has always had the best manual modes in camera but lags behind in automatic modes which displaces it away from the best smartphone camera. LG G4 is suffering the same fate but it's case is different cos it's got a very good automatic mode but ain't just better than Z5, S6 EDGE, Nexus 6P
Funny man.. You have a big ego.. deal with it.

Sop writing based on assumption...

Who told you no one knows what's a manual mode or that people are comfortable with automatic mode?

I never knew how to use a camera, the G4 made me a better photographer. I learned the manual mode, loved it and still love it. Right now I can never use any smartphone without full camera manual mode.

Wait till I review the LG V10 next week, first smartphone with full manual video mode..

I know you will still have something to say.. smiley
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
TechRez:

Funny man.. You have a big ego.. deal with it.

Sop writing based on assumption...

Who told you no one knows what's a manual mode or that people are comfortable with automatic mode?

I never knew how to use a camera, the G4 made me a better photographer. I learned the manual mode, loved it and still love it. Right now I can never use any smartphone without full camera manual mode.

Wait till I review the LG V10 next week, first smartphone with full manual video mode..

I know you will still have something to say.. smiley

This isn't about ego bro. You wanted to learn how to use manual and there you are , pretty better in it. How many smartphone users are interested in manual modes? Most people only takes shots for social media and future reference.

Sometimes u wanna take a quick shot of something, i to gonna be auto. Nobody is denying the fact that manual isn't better than auto but most people don't care about manual. I use an S6 Edge, LG G4 has a better manual shots than it but the reverse is the case in auto thereby S6 ranking higher than G4 in that department.
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by silentachieverr(m): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2015
Patiently waiting for the update notification on my samsung galaxy S5. It might take up to a month before i get the update tho but no rush.
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
silentachieverr:
Patiently waiting for the update notification on my samsung galaxy S5. It might take up to a month before i get the update tho but no rush.

lol, s6 never see u dey hope for s5. No even dream about am till Q1 next year

1 Like

Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by silentachieverr(m): 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Lol, S6 series would get the rollout first in the samsung family then S5 and the note series so...no worry. We go get the update in a month time tops!
ollah1:

Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2015
silentachieverr:
Lol, S6 series would get the rollout first in the samsung family then S5 and the note series so...no worry. We go get the update in a month time tops!

see as analyse am like say u dey work for sammy HQ. so ur s5 go receive update before note 4 and 5 right? ok nah
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by TechRez(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
ollah1:

This isn't about ego bro. You wanted to learn how to use manual and there you are , pretty better in it. How many smartphone users are interested in manual modes? Most people only takes shots for social media and future reference.

Sometimes u wanna take a quick shot of something, i to gonna be auto. Nobody is denying the fact that manual isn't better than auto but most people don't care about manual. I use an S6 Edge, LG G4 has a better manual shots than it but the reverse is the case in auto thereby S6 ranking higher than G4 in that department.

My only problem with you is you keep "assuming" that "most people" are not interested in manual mode.. That's purely based on assumption..

If the manual camera mode was on the S6, everyone would have been interested in it right?

Though, you have a point.

Watch Samsung and Apple and copy LG's approach with S7 and iPhone 7.

The point is this, yes the Edge, edges the G4 a little on auto mode, but generally the G4 makes fun of whatever Samsung has in showing..

For the first time, people could actually drop their digital camera at home when going on vacation..
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by TechRez(m): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
ollah1:

I am sorry, S5 isn't getting the update buddy. wink

Unless if Sammy changed their mind lately..
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Collinz2(m): 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
silentachieverr:
if u are usin verizon version u might wait 4 a long time.
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
TechRez:

My only problem with you is you keep "assuming" that "most people" are not interested in manual mode.. That's purely based on assumption..

If the manual camera mode was on the S6, everyone would have been interested in it right?

Though, you have a point.

Watch Samsung and Apple and copy LG's approach with S7 and iPhone 7.

The point is this, yes the Edge, edges the G4 a little on auto mode, but generally the G4 makes fun of whatever Samsung has in showing..

For the first time, people could actually drop their digital camera at home when going on vacation..

I don't understand what you meant by assumption. How many people around you makes you of manual modes in other phones.
Sammy or Apple isn't copying LG cos manual modes exist long ago on Sony phones and it produces good results only that their auto mode modes were pretty poor.

Manual modes is also available on S6 tho it might not be complex like G4 but it's there. The more complex version can be found on Edge plus and note 5.

What do you mean by G4 makes fun of whatever Samsung has in the showing?
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by TechRez(m): 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
ollah1:

I don't understand what you meant by assumption. How many people around you makes you of manual modes in other phones.
Sammy or Apple isn't copying LG cos manual modes exist long ago on Sony phones and it produces good results only that their auto mode modes were pretty poor.

Manual modes is also available on S6 tho it might not be complex like G4 but it's there. The more complex version can be found on Edge plus and note 5.

What do you mean by G4 makes fun of whatever Samsung has in the showing?

If you won't accept my review, you can read it from the big guys, watch the Camera mode on YouTube..

Compare, contrast and don't lie to yourself. I am sure that will Help.. Comparing the Xperia Manual mode, and Galaxy Camera manual options to the G4 is simply an affront buddy..
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by TechRez(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
silentachieverr:

I am not sure you will get an update for the S5, the 10 Samsung devices to get the Marshmallow update didn't reveal the S5.. I could be wrong tho,
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
TechRez:

If you won't accept my review, you can read it from the big guys, watch the Camera mode on YouTube..

Compare, contrast and don't lie to yourself. I am sure that will Help.. Comparing the Xperia Manual mode, and Galaxy Camera manual options to the G4 is simply an affront buddy..

Your arguments ehnn. The best smartphone right now is Z5, S6 EDGE is right behind it. G4 is in the 5ft position. Regarding Manual mode, G4 edges it which I told you earlier but u initially said Sammy and Apple would copy LG which I rejected about sammy cos manual modes exist on their recent flagships tho it might not be complex and loaded like the G4 but it's there

I never compared G4s manual mode to Xperia , I said it exist long ago on Xperia devices to counter your copying LG statement .
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Mykcool(m): 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
silentachieverr:
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by silentachieverr(m): 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Collinz2:
if u are usin verizon version u might wait 4 a long time.

Thankfully its not a verizon version
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by TechRez(m): 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
ollah1:

Your arguments ehnn. The best smartphone right now is Z5, S6 EDGE is right behind it. G4 is in the 5ft position. Regarding Manual mode, G4 edges it which I told you earlier but u initially said Sammy and Apple would copy LG which I rejected about sammy cos manual modes exist on their recent flagships tho it might not be complex and loaded like the G4 but it's there

I never compared G4s manual mode to Xperia , I said it exist long ago on Xperia devices to counter your copying LG statement .

It's not fair to compare newer products of Sony and Samung with the G4.. You should rather compare them with LG's latest flagship, the V10 wink
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by silentachieverr(m): 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
TechRez:

I am sorry, S5 isn't getting the update buddy. wink

Unless if Sammy changed their mind lately..

I can tell u that S5 would get the update although a bit later compared to the S6

1 Like

Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by TechRez(m): 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
silentachieverr:

I can tell u that S5 would get the update although a bit later compared to the S6

You can tell is not really enough proof.

Samsung doesn't update more than 10-devices when there is a big update. The S5 didn't make that list..
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
TechRez:

It's not fair to compare newer products of Sony and Samung with the G4.. You should rather compare them with LG's latest flagship, the V10 wink

When was G4 and S6 Egde released?
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
TechRez:

Samsung doesn't update more than 10-devices when there is a big update. The S5 didn't make that list..

Dude S5 would definitely be updated, it could just take a while. More like saying G3 and M8 won't see MM, how is that possible?
Re: Finally, LG G4 Becomes First Smartphone To Get Android 6.0 Update by silentachieverr(m): 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
TechRez:

http://techviral.com/list-of-android-device-that-will-be-receiving-android-6-0-update/

Check the source tho.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Do Not Buy 1.5gig Glo Data Bundle, Because Its A Big Scam! / SA Working On Social Forums To Rival Nairaland, Following Facebook Outage (PIX) / How To Flash Nokia 2700

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.