Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate (32069 Views)

Magu's Confirmation: Senate Unfazed By Presidency’s Decision To Head To S’court / Ministerial Screening: Fresh Plot To Stop Amaechi Thickens / Ministerial Screening: Group Secures Court Order To Stop Amaechi - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by eagleeye2: 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
just like GEJ era, FG never fails to be predictable.

.And am not disappointed.
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Sirdan247(m): 9:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
GOD IS WATCHING
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by nationwide1(m): 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2015
Since every nominee is screened and confirmed, what was the essence of the screening?

1 Like

Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by donphilopus: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
osemu8:
u re right,sen memora did his best for the nominee,i dont really no what the guy did,during the voice vote almost all the senators were against him.

According to what I read they said he was too arrogant. He was answering questions he wasn't asked. He was telling the Senate how his mum went to school, how his children were schooling abroad and how a street was named after his father in Lagos, and all those unnecessary explanations.

Maximum respect Mr Naptu2.

1 Like

Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Arabs999: 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
tomakint:
Indeed, Nigeria is back to business as usual, all those noise about change is just for dummies afterall......quote me anywhere, if Amaechi is made Minister of the Federal Republic, many Nigerians will never take Buhari's anti-corruption crusade serious. Buhari is about to mess himself up, to even think a Senate President with corrupt charges of that magnitude is still presiding over Senate affairs is alarming and laughable. What a pity! cry cry cry
...What do u expect? Buhari was brought to power thru the proceeds of corruption..
...He has to compensate the corrupt devils one way or the other. This is the way the cookie crumbles, and this is how Nigerian politics is being played.
.... But one day, all the aggrieved animals in the Zoo shall wake up unanimously for Great Revolution like the French revolution of 1789..

1 Like

Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Hernandez88(m): 9:45pm On Oct 15, 2015
Eeyah
Stop crying

tomakint:
Indeed, Nigeria is back to business as usual, all those noise about change is just for dummies afterall......quote me anywhere, if Amaechi is made Minister of the Federal Republic, many Nigerians will never take Buhari's anti-corruption crusade serious. Buhari is about to mess himself up, to even think a Senate President with corrupt charges of that magnitude is still presiding over Senate affairs is alarming and laughable. What a pity! cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by mapet: 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
osemu8:
naptu2: :

Bode Agusto of Lagos State was not confirmed in 2007.

The senators felt that he was arrogant and trying to show that he was smarter than them.

(I watched it live. I can't remember everything that was said, but I do remember that he was arguing with the senators).
u re right,sen memora did his best for the nominee,i dont really no what the guy did,during the voice vote almost all the senators were against him.

Bode Augusto that behaved as if his village spirit escourted him to the event. Imagine telling them that his "12 year old daughter could answer that question"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by tomakint: 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
Arabs999:

...What do u expect? Buhari was brought to power thru the proceeds of corruption..
...He has to compensate the corrupt devils one way or the other. This is the way the cookie crumbles, and this is how Nigerian politics is being played.
.... But one day, all the aggrieved animals in the Zoo shall wake up unanimously for Great Revolution like the French revolution of 1789..
May God bless you my brother and may you find peace all the days of your life
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Burger01(m): 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
I want to see wike's face cheesy grin
He must swallow poison and commit suicidesmiley
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2015
Then I ask...what corruption are we fighting in nigeria... ...I don't have any hope in naija...shitty nation...
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by freeslash: 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
It has already because Amaechi was supposed to be screened and hasn't been screened.
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Dandeson1(m): 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2015
fablola:
Although entertaining matters before the court might be extrajudicial, the rightful way out will be for the senate to defer his screening until he has cleared his name in the court!
yh right. they should also defer saraki from bn a senator until he has cleared his name abi
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by francizy(m): 10:47pm On Oct 15, 2015
midolian:
Franchizy, is this really you? shocked You must be the one francizy has been trying to be like. grin

Why is this one quoting me and comparing me with a down syndrome patient? Midoliar, you must be a terrorist! angry
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by abduljabbar4(m): 10:50pm On Oct 15, 2015
tomakint:
Animals like this think gej is a hero
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Episteme2(m): 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2015
For me, it's not about triumphing over Wike or PDP's plot. It's about the image of this government whose preoccupation and obsession is fighting corruption. With this corruption allegation uncleared, Amaechi remains a big question mark in the government of the Federation.
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by tomakint: 11:10pm On Oct 15, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Animals like this think gej is a hero
A full grown swine like you lacks common sense which unfortunately is common for a real swine to know when to return to his mire, but you? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Truckpusher(m): 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2015
tomakint:

A full grown swine like you lacks common sense which unfortunately is common for a real swine to know when to return to his mire, but you? undecided
Epic grin grin grin grin
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by ElFenomeno1: 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2015
tomakint:

Get fu cking lost... silly smelly cu nt
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Niseamaka(m): 12:49am On Oct 16, 2015
tomakint:

A suspect is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. Any Nigerian who have never been convicted of any criminal offence is eligible to be elected/appointed into any governmental position. Political witch hunting allegations will not be enough to scuttle Amaechi's ministerial nomination/confirmation. Any incumbent president will move mountains to appoint the director general of his electioneering campaign into any position, Wike or no Wike. Amaechi put his entire political career on the line in his support for Buhari and made powerful enemies in the process. I can't even begin to imagine the kind of calamity that would have befallen Amaechi if Jonathan had won the presidencial election and with Wike as governor.
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Owliver(m): 12:57am On Oct 16, 2015
GOATandYAMtheory:
I want to see wike's face cheesy grin
why? you want to see him cry or what? these people always win us. tomorrow they might be friends again but we will remain where we are. in poverty. thieves fighting each other and here we are fighting along side. how unwise. ask urself if you are satisfied with the change or you are just hardcore APC just cos you dislike PDP. think well. no insult intended
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Niseamaka(m): 1:34am On Oct 16, 2015
megamank:

What did ameachi stole that has never been stolen before? Name one ex governor that didn't loot his state? Why is ameachi case very different? Even sariki and akpabio and other ex governor knows that wike is only fighting his personal battle......can wike fully account for the over 100billion he has handled over the last few month either from revenue or borrowed money? The 30 billion for pot hole filling how did it go? Are there still no pot holes in rivers state? Ameachi made his choice and his choice won he has worked so let him also benefit........buhari know what loyalty mean like most of the northerners woke knows nothing about loyalty thats why he can be fighting the man that made him in this manner......its time for wike and his soldiers to shield their sword.........the little fear in a mafia keeps him alive for a very long time.......the reason we fight and run away is so we can be alive to fight another day.........wike wise being a governor is not a position of eternity the dance can change anytime.

Amaechi nominated Wike as minister and now this ingrate doesn't want Amaechi to be minister, biting the finger that fed him. Let's watch the drama unfold and see who will laugh last, Wike or Amaechi.
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by chizobadavis: 2:28am On Oct 16, 2015
Wha is this one saying, do you even know amaechi and minister take a bow and go rule. Amaechi was a two times house of assembly member and a speaker. He was never in house of rep. As a former law maker either in senate/house of rep/house of assembly. You are meant to take a bow and go. Surely amaechi will be screened and confirmed a minister
Badgers14:
Amaechi would be saying to himself.. I wish i didn't spend all those years in house of rep, i could have moved up to the Senate.... I could have just taking a bow and go grin grin

Amaechi will definitely be confirmed.... All these na initial gra gra smiley
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by dekdek: 4:00am On Oct 16, 2015
grin
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by dekdek: 4:03am On Oct 16, 2015
[s]
tomakint:
[/s]

Tomafool, u are talking rubbish. Didn't I tell u? U chose to align with loosers and nonentities. Amaechi will be approved because he is duly qualified. Go and die if u have issues with it.
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by dekdek: 4:07am On Oct 16, 2015
jamace:
Buhari has entangled himself in a big mess. His integrity is on trial.

Yes on trial by some minority inconsequential fools whose opinion doesn't matter in current scheme of things.
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:28am On Oct 16, 2015
tomakint:
You never believed in the change mantra, you may do well to shut your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by babafirst(m): 5:47am On Oct 16, 2015
midolian:
I know Amaechi would laugh last grin grin

Supporting Buhari, instead of Jonathan during election is not enough reason for this never-ending hatred Amaechi's people seem to have for him. I hope they think about this.
It is not all Amaechi's people that hate him.He still has a strong support base.

1 Like

Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by babafirst(m): 6:01am On Oct 16, 2015
tomakint:
The same people saying that Saraki is being witch-hunted are the ones now complaining he is presiding over Senate affairs.Yes Saraki is corrupt but what can be done more than what the CCB is doing now?If PMB should fasttrack Saraki's trial another volcano will erupt,the good thing is that PMB is not protecting Saraki.And he is not protecting Amaechi too because his appointment as minister does not give him immunity.

1 Like

Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by Badgers14: 6:11am On Oct 16, 2015
chizobadavis:
Wha is this one saying, do you even know amaechi and minister take a bow and go rule. Amaechi was a two times house of assembly member and a speaker. He was never in house of rep. As a former law maker either in senate/house of rep/house of assembly. You are meant to take a bow and go. Surely amaechi will be screened and confirmed a minister

No call for yada yada my brother...

I was gonna write move up from state house of assembly and i mistyped house of rep...

But that doesn't warrant you to talk anyhow tho gerrara here grin
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by pasol4real(m): 6:15am On Oct 16, 2015
franchizy:
Only fools will think Amaechi will not be screened and confirmed.
Amaechi is the back bone of APC in Rivers state.
APC cannot be alive in Rivers state without Amaechi.
Wike knows with Amaechi as a minister his seat as a governor is shaking.
The powers and previllages wike enjoyed as a minister he knows Amaechi will be accorded same.
It will be a slap on the ruling party to allow wike actualize his devilish plot.
I pity the wailers on NL as they do not know what politics is all about.
The screening will avail Amaechi the opportunity to finish wike on the floor of the senate.
I think u are the learner here.
The fact that amaechi is going through this ordeal shows how powerful n relevant the pdp still is .
When the pdp were in power u dere not question any ministerial nominee.
The screening were just for formality.
The opposition had entirely no say in the screening.
When wile was minister he was more powerful cos he had the support of the president n more importantly his people. but amaechi will fail cos his people hate him with a passion . so it dosent really matter weather he eventually becomes a minister or not he will surely fail
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by babafirst(m): 6:17am On Oct 16, 2015
ORIGENAL:
For Buhari's mind, Amaechi is his VP, he used Osinbajo for westherners votes
Hmmmm,I am a westerner but even without Osinbajo or any other Yoruba man as VP I would have voted for PMB,Buhari was the magic word.Infact if PMB had contested for PDP and GEJ had contested for APC I would have voted for PMB because leadership above all is important especially when the party structures are questionable.
Re: Petitions Can't Stop Amaechi's Screening And Confirmation - Senate by emmydollars4life(m): 6:50am On Oct 16, 2015
akins56:
all na noise, if lai can pass, ameachi is already a minister.
But what is the reason for the screening since it can't stop somebody that have a case to answer . Same people different post #F them all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa / Elections: Supporters Hold Saraki Hostage, Demand Money / Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.