Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola (1067 Views)

N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes / Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor / Buhari Pictured With David Cameron In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola by NJPot(m): 11:51am On Oct 16, 2015

“Just two weeks ago, Cafferkey was at Downing Street meeting Prime Minister David Cameron's wife Samantha and receiving a bravery award.”

A British nurse, Cafferkey who was successfully treated in January after contracting Ebola in Sierra Leone is now "critically ill" due to a resurgence of the virus, the hospital treating her said Wednesday.

Just two weeks ago, Cafferkey was at Downing Street meeting Prime Minister David Cameron's wife Samantha and receiving a bravery award. She reportedly visited a primary school the day before being readmitted to hospital on October 6.
In a statement, the London hospital said "We are sad to announce that Pauline Cafferkey's condition has deteriorated and she is now critically ill. Pauline is being treated for Ebola in the high-level isolation unit at the Royal Free."

Cafferkey was first diagnosed with Ebola in December after returning to the Scottish city of Glasgow from Sierra Leone.
She then spent almost a month in the isolation unit at the Royal Free Hospital and was treated with an experimental antiviral drug and blood from Ebola survivors before being discharged.

But last week, she fell ill again and was treated in Glasgow before being flown by military aircraft back to the Royal Free Hospital in London.
Health officials are monitoring 58 people who have been in close contact with Cafferkey. 40 have had direct contact with her bodily fluids - the main mode of Ebola transmission. Of the 40, 25 are receiving a vaccine and a further 15 have either declined it or were unable to receive it due to existing medical conditions.

The deadliest-ever Ebola outbreak since the virus was identified in central Africa in 1976 has killed over 11,000 people and infected over 28,000, according to the latest WHO figures.

According to Daniel Bausch, a World Health Organization (WHO) virologist, Ebola can "hang around" in some parts of the body because "it takes longer for your immune system to get into those places and clean the virus out. The ones that we know about are in the testicles in men, the central nervous system - so that is around the brain and the spinal cord - and potentially the joint spaces, and in the chambers around your eye."

http://chukonetng..ch/2015/10/david-camerons-wife-may-have-contracted.html
Re: David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola by aog: 11:55am On Oct 16, 2015
lol
Re: David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
It is only by Gods grace that we are alive and healthy. May God keep granting us the Grace of a good health and long life. Amen
Re: David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola by sandraokosun: 12:12pm On Oct 16, 2015
pdp taking propaganda across nigeria since 02ad. I can see is frm another pdp blog again. Is pdp too broke to do propaganda effectively?
Re: David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola by mcjoe007: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
sandraokosun:
pdp taking propaganda across nigeria since 02ad. I can see is frm another pdp blog again. Is pdp too broke to do propaganda effectively?
Bro, I also belong to Apc.Can you let us all be matured for once please I beg u in God's name.let make news worth reading by not bringing RELIGION, ETHNIC BACKGROUND AND POLITICS into everything. let there be a true change really
Re: David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola by steffans(m): 12:28pm On Oct 16, 2015
lets see how dey handle it..

i dont bilv it sha
Re: David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola by Aromas: 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
steffans:
lets see how dey handle it..
i dont bilv it sha
Same also here, I hope is false
Re: David Cameron's Wife May Have Contracted Ebola by raymis(f): 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2015
There is problem oo

(1) (Reply)

I Was Misrepresented By The Media On ‘fall And Die’ Comment – El-rufai / VANGUARD ‘we Are Hopeful That Biafra Will Come To Be’ / Senator Shehu Sani – Why Amaechi Might Be Dropped As Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.