Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,487 members, 7,812,511 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes (15081 Views)

Buhari Reelection: Banky W, Simi, Debola Lagos Contracted With ₦200M- Leaders.ng / N2bn Pension Fraud: How Minister Begged EFCC Operative To Spare Maina / EFCC Operative Stuck In Septic Tank As They Raid Alex Badeh’s Farm. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by WorldRichest: 8:34am On Jan 13, 2017
Stunning revelations were made by a witness in the ongoing trial of the former Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh, who is facing a multiple count charge over the diversion of Nigerian Air Force cash to the tune of N1.4billion. Giving an insight into what transpired, a prosecution witness and the, Joseph Okpetu, said that Badeh paid his company, Havco Nigeria Limited the sum of N100 million to build churches, a mosque and a civic centre in Badeh’s village in Adamawa State.

Okpetu who continued his evidence as PW13 while being led in evidence by counsel to the EFCC, Rotimi Jacobs, SAN, said, “I constructed a village house for the first defendant, Alex Badeh, between 2008 and 2012. The fixings, features and painting were done in 2012. We also built a mosque opposite the house. “After the construction of the house, a thanksgiving service was held. We (Havco) renovated the church where the thanksgiving took place. My company was also given the responsibility to provide tables and chairs for the thanksgiving.” According to him, between N5million to N8million was spent on renovation of the church used for the thanksgiving.

“Apart from the village house, we built a mosque, two churches and a civic centre for skills acquisition in Bintin Village. All these cost N100million. I was paid in three installments of N40million, N30million and N30million.” Okpetu further narrated how his firm received N14million for building a house for the officer-in-charge of the Joint Armed Forces in Mubi, Adamawa State. He also told the court that he imported materials, plants and equipment for Badeh’s Kantiye Farm in Nassarawa State. Answering questions on his connection to Badeh’s company, Iyalikam Nigeria Limited, Okpetu said: “I do not know Iyalikam, but I was paid from Iyalikam Nigeria Limited the sum of N30million in 2015”. When asked about the structure of his company, Dilplast Nigeria Limited, the witness responded: “Before 2015, the share structure of my company, Dilplast Nigeria Limited, was four million shares to me, three million shares to Alex Badeh (Jnr) and three million shares to Kamtufa Badeh. Now, I own six million shares, while Kamtufa Badeh owns three million and Victoria Okpetu and Architect Dan Williams own 500,000 shares each. Kamtufa, who according to Okpetu is Badeh’s son, contributed a house given to him by his father to Dilplast.

However, in a dramatic turn under cross-examination and given the witness’ previous performance in the stand on Tuesday, Okpetu’s testimony took yet another direction. Responding to questions from Akin Olujimi, SAN, the PW13 said that he was not stable psychologically when he made his statement at the EFCC, a response which made Jacobs jump to his feet. Jacob exclaimed and pointing to the defence, he said “I know that the witness is your own!” At this point, the matter was adjourned to January 25 and 26, 2017 for continuation of trial. Badeh is being prosecuted by the EFCC before Justice Okon Abang of the Federal High Court in Maitama, Abuja.

He is standing trial alongside a firm, Iyalikam Nigeria Limited, on a 10-count charge bordering on money laundering, criminal breach of trust and corruption to the tune of N3.97billion. He allegedly abused his office as CDS by using the dollar equivalent of the sum of N1.4billion removed from the accounts of the Nigerian Air Force to purchase properties in choice areas of Abuja between January and December, 2013. The offence contravenes Section 15 (2) (d) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) Act, 2011 (as amended) and punishable under Section 15(3) of the same Act

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/n1-4-b-fraud-badeh-contracted-build-churches-mosques-homes-diverse-beneficiaries-witness/

2 Likes

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by Atiku2019: 8:45am On Jan 13, 2017
Monies meant for the welfare of our Gallant Soldiers cry cry cry cry Our Gallant Soldiers battled Bokoharam on empty Stomachs, while the top military brats smiled home with Billions cry cry cry

17 Likes

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by Innodon(m): 8:45am On Jan 13, 2017
We have heard enough
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by ALAYORMII: 8:46am On Jan 13, 2017
Billions of fraud
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by XXLDICK(m): 8:46am On Jan 13, 2017
Building a church and a mosque

I'm sure it's to launder money.

It is an open secret that religious institutions are the safest means of money laundering because their monies are not regulated by the Government.

17 Likes

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by ayatt(m): 8:47am On Jan 13, 2017
nawa oo
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by ecomerceguru: 8:47am On Jan 13, 2017
Hey... See Money
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by Mayydayy(m): 8:48am On Jan 13, 2017
Atleast.this one built a skill acquisition centre

1 Like

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 13, 2017
And some people will come and say....He is a good man....

OK now...

2 Likes

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by WorldRichest: 8:49am On Jan 13, 2017
WorldRichest:

“Apart from the village house, we built a mosque, two churches and a civic centre for skills acquisition in Bintin Village. All these cost N100million.

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/n1-4-b-fraud-badeh-contracted-build-churches-mosques-homes-diverse-beneficiaries-witness/

Trying to use blood money to bribe God?

5 Likes

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by serverconnect(m): 8:51am On Jan 13, 2017
Billion Billion. hmmm. I hope after this PMB administration we will not be hearing Trillion.

1 Like

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by MrGreenMavro: 8:51am On Jan 13, 2017
grin
The guy na don...he wan collect pastorship n imamship position cheesy
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 13, 2017
Stale gist...until Lt Cl Buratai xplains hw he got choice properties in Dubai jst after d onset of d bokoharam insurgency, they shd screw demselves wit diz bullshyt type news.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by LordGuru1: 8:59am On Jan 13, 2017
Sonetimes wishes come true.
On the 14th of January! Choose 1:
A. MMM to open
B. Dollar to go back to N160
C, Fuel to be N65 per litre
D. Bag of rice to be N5000
grin

1 Like

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by Sandydayziz(f): 9:01am On Jan 13, 2017
Nigeria!!!
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by Toosure70: 9:02am On Jan 13, 2017
Jona, you see your life?

2 Likes

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by Kaydeexotic(m): 9:03am On Jan 13, 2017
This country is doomed....
I weep for Nigeria cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by agarawu23(m): 9:04am On Jan 13, 2017
Smh
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by ItsawrapOutfit: 9:04am On Jan 13, 2017
Which way NAIJA?
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by TeamSimple(m): 9:06am On Jan 13, 2017
Alex Badeh a christian used the money meant to secure the lives and properties of his brethren to his personal use. Instead of Oyedepo cursing this kinda people,his busy looking for jobless christian youths to pick up arms like the senseless and normadic herdsmen.

4 Likes

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by sagitariusbaby(m): 9:09am On Jan 13, 2017
He is a big thief, he even attempted bribing God.
Hell is his abode unless he repent and also restitute by returning all the stolen funds.
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by Meritocracy: 9:10am On Jan 13, 2017
But no mosque is built in my village, badeh where is the balance
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by sammyj: 9:13am On Jan 13, 2017
angry This is crime to the generation unborn. May God save the soul of this greedy people!!! shocked angry
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by emmanuel596(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2017
angry

1 Like

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by googlepikins: 9:17am On Jan 13, 2017
Where buruntai get his billions in buying mansions in Dubai

1 Like

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by luvinhubby(m): 9:20am On Jan 13, 2017
At least this one built mosque, church, civic centre and skill acquisition centre for his people.

Jona built nothing for Otuoke people.

Burutai use his own to buy mansions in Dubai

And Buhari is using his to pay for Aisha's kids expensive U.K schools.

The thiefing cuts across board.

3 Likes

Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by arsenic33(m): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2017
"Nigeria our cry own country, Africa our continent, we're matching on to do our best, among other nations of the world".... Na song during my primary school dayz o cry cry cry cry
Re: N1.4 B Fraud: How Badeh Contracted Me To Build Churches, Mosques And Homes by whirlwind7(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2017
What we keep seeing in this anti corruption war is so much merry-go-round, frequent back and forth, with the occasional spice of drama.

Until some of these prominent names are sentenced to several years in prison, I still think all of this is a charade.
How do you gather so much evidence against someone whose theft is so obvious, yet can't secure a single conviction?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only States Can Give Land For Cattle Colonies - Ekweremadu / Plot To Cover Up Underage Voting In Kano State Looms / Senate Presidency: It’s Too Late For Me To Withdraw For Anyone – Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.