Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (324449 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
meggi31:
I have a question.

I have an old electricity bill un paid in US and now I won a DV lottery. is it something that might be noticed at the interview and affect the final decision.

Is it part of the background checking?

it was 10 years ago. When I ordered the service I had no SSN yet. I received one later.

I visited US in meantime few times and also once renewed my B visa.

thank you

meggi

I have no way to know about your individual circumstances, but if it was a criminal offense to have not paid your bill it could very well be relevant. The only way to determine this is to go to the interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Udiboy(f): 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2016
Done
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 29, 2016
Udiboy:
Hello ,
Please what is the average processing time for 1R-5 visa for a parent.
I mean from time of application to interview. What's the wait time like in Nigeria.

thank you

As has already been mentioned here several times, this is determined by another agency and how quickly you provide the information they request. I cannot accurately provide a timeline for this process. That being said, the process for IR-5s is expedited.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bobotubo: 4:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
I will like to know if it is possible for me to apply for non-immigrant visa while I still have a pending immigrant petition (f4) category.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Richmond996: 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2016
Hi visa officer. As an ir2 visa beneficiary, is an individual suppose to become a US citizen when he/she immigrates. In other words is there an age limit to becoming a us citizen
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 30, 2016
bobotubo:
I will like to know if it is possible for me to apply for non-immigrant visa while I still have a pending immigrant petition (f4) category.

Yes, having a pending immigrant visa does not disqualify you for a non-immigrant visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 30, 2016
Richmond996:
Hi visa officer. As an ir2 visa beneficiary, is an individual suppose to become a US citizen when he/she immigrates. In other words is there an age limit to becoming a us citizen

IR-2s under the age of 18 can become U.S. citizens upon entry to the United States; if you are over the age of 18 you can still become an American citizen through the naturalization process.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ola280: 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hello VO, it is a pleasure to be in contact. I have been scheduled for an interview (f4 category). I want to know if I can use a Nigeria certified BC of my petitioner as I may not be able to get the original from her.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cantiride2: 10:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
Please my younger brother just got signed to play for nfl in the USA and he has a working permit not a green card.How can he be of help to assist me in getting a work permit.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by zeefather(m): 12:09am On Oct 02, 2016
Hi VO, i need your advise, but interviewed on september 9 for a immigrant visa and was issued... September 15th. Guess it was because of the public holidays. Its past 10 working days now. I haven't heard anything.. Please what should i do? Thanks for the swift response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by packdprince(m): 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
Hello VO,

I have a question to ask before my Interview this month.

1. If something comes up, like a new information should i email the Embassy right away or just wait till the date of my interview and share it verbally with them.

My interview comes up within a matter of days..
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nonso123: 1:36am On Oct 03, 2016
Hello VO,
First, I want to first commend your good works on this trend.
I applied for student visa (BSC degree) three consecutive times in year 2013, 2014, 2015, bit was denied based on 214(b) of the usa immigration law. I am 23 yrs of age.
Now, I have a girl friend who is a USA citizen and we intend getting married by December here in Nigeria.
I do have a few question;
After our wedding I know she is suppose to file petition for me. Although we don't know how to go about it.
Do we need a lawyer or an agent for this process?
Will the visa be approved? Cos I was thinking of studying in another country before I stumbled upon this part of the trend.
How long will it take my visa to be approved?
Will my past visa denials have any role to play in my immigrant visa application? Cos I intend going back to school when I get to the USA
What documents do we need to provide?
Thank you always for your input.
God bless.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Titilayodeji13(m): 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
Good day VO ,
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 04, 2016
Ola280:
Hello VO, it is a pleasure to be in contact. I have been scheduled for an interview (f4 category). I want to know if I can use a Nigeria certified BC of my petitioner as I may not be able to get the original from her.
Thanks.

You are required to present the same birth certificate that was used in the original petition.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 04, 2016
cantiride2:
Please my younger brother just got signed to play for nfl in the USA and he has a working permit not a green card.How can he be of help to assist me in getting a work permit.

Quite simply, he can't. He is being petitioned for by a U.S. company as all individuals on worker visas are. If he naturalizes and becomes a citizen, you would qualify for the F4 visa category.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ola280: 9:03am On Oct 04, 2016
Thank you very much VO;
I mean can I certify a photocopy of the original BC I have with me for the interview if I can't get the original copy?

Thanks for your prompt response.
quote author=LagosNIV post=49898629]

You are required to present the same birth certificate that was used in the original petition.[/quote]
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
zeefather:
Hi VO, i need your advise, but interviewed on september 9 for a immigrant visa and was issued... September 15th. Guess it was because of the public holidays. Its past 10 working days now. I haven't heard anything.. Please what should i do? Thanks for the swift response

The information you were provided at your interview is the same information that I can give you - check the website, email the Consulate.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
packdprince:
Hello VO,

I have a question to ask before my Interview this month.

1. If something comes up, like a new information should i email the Embassy right away or just wait till the date of my interview and share it verbally with them.

My interview comes up within a matter of days..

It's always best to share the new information immediately.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
nonso123:
Hello VO,
First, I want to first commend your good works on this trend.
I applied for student visa (BSC degree) three consecutive times in year 2013, 2014, 2015, bit was denied based on 214(b) of the usa immigration law. I am 23 yrs of age.
Now, I have a girl friend who is a USA citizen and we intend getting married by December here in Nigeria.
I do have a few question;
After our wedding I know she is suppose to file petition for me. Although we don't know how to go about it.
Do we need a lawyer or an agent for this process?
Will the visa be approved? Cos I was thinking of studying in another country before I stumbled upon this part of the trend.
How long will it take my visa to be approved?
Will my past visa denials have any role to play in my immigrant visa application? Cos I intend going back to school when I get to the USA
What documents do we need to provide?
Thank you always for your input.
God bless.

You should read through this read - the information has been discussed extensively.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
Titilayodeji13:
Good day VO , my dad just received a letter of approval from the NVC about my sis who was unmarried when my dad filed for her as unmarried Child of US citizen, but now married, how do we notify NVC about this development that she is now married

Thanks

Contact the NVC immediately to inform them in her change in status so that they can update the file.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
Ola280:
Thank you very much VO;
I mean can I certify a photocopy of the original BC I have with me for the interview if I can't get the original copy?

Thanks for your prompt response.
quote author=LagosNIV post=49898629]

You are required to present the same birth certificate that was used in the original petition.

No. You are required to submit the original of all documents that were submitted with the petition.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ola280: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
Thanks VO
quote author=LagosNIV post=49907035]

No. You are required to submit the original of all documents that were submitted with the petition.[/quote]
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tamara5: 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
so dose she has to present a bank statements for the visa interview
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 05, 2016
tamara5:
so dose she has to present a bank statements for the visa interview

I suggest you read through this read for more information on this process - bank statements are not one of the required documents.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ziggy3579: 7:42am On Oct 05, 2016
Hi VO, kudos to you guys. Pls is it possible that my cousin (a citizen) who is in the US military file for me ( I don't know if there's a category for such). We have different surnames but he stayed with us growing up before traveling to the US. Am 24 years of age. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
ziggy3579:
Hi VO, kudos to you guys. Pls is it possible that my cousin (a citizen) who is in the US military file for me ( I don't know if there's a category for such). We have different surnames but he stayed with us growing up before traveling to the US. Am 24 years of age. Thanks

No, unfortunately there is no visa category for a cousin to petition for you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.