Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,836 members, 7,831,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (324270 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Demo213: 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hello VO,

Thanks a lot for the great work you are doing on this platform.

I have a question: Myself and my sister was filed for in 2010 in the F1 family category. However in 2011 my sister got married. Unfortunately she got divorced in 2016 after having two kids.

Reading through the thread I realized the application category should move from F1 to F3 after the applicant get married. Also she did not actually notified USCIS after the wedding as we assumed that should happen during the actual application to the NVC.

My question is:

1) Now that she is divorced, what category will her visa application be based on, as F1 or F3?
2) How would these event impact on her 2 children ?

Would be happy to have your opinion on the situation.

Thanks and Regards,
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sundaydammy: 10:52am On Apr 03, 2017
Pls what can one do after he missed US visa appointment

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adelshex: 11:34am On Apr 03, 2017
Good Morning Sir, Pls what does it mean when a Visa Issuing Officer says someone need to prove more fact about his visiting when everything asked and stated are clear and correct. Although that was his first attempt to leave the country and his First Passport. can you pls explain ?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Sang2681: 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2017
I need help i was given a USA visa October and on my way to the airport i was robbed and all my valuable items was lost , immidiately i mail the embassy , so i went to police station to report and i did affidavit for the lost of the passport , after some months i got a new passport now mail the embassy that hav gotten another passport and have paid for another visa fee to apply for usa interview on getting to the interview on march 30th 2017 , the consular was asking what happened to my previous visa why was it revoked i told him i was not aware of the revocation just hearing it from his mouth , and the consular told me am not eligible at this time , pls help me out am a proprietor hav been to many countries please what can i do to get the visa back on my new passport , kindly mail me back at , moore. M47@yahoo. Com, am confused now
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Usifo216: 8:33am On Apr 04, 2017
Hi VO,

Thank you for your support.
I have picked up my visa and paid the immigrant fees online.
I was told my green card will be available in 120days.
What is the first thing to do immediately I get to the US cos I'm leaving soon.
Thanks.

Have a blessed day.

Usifo.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by armyofone(m): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello VO,
I made a big mistake. I filed paperwork for my mom coming to the states. I did it all by self and now I found out the names difference from the paperwork I attached. I had her maiden name ( her father's name and native middle name) they asked me to provide proof it is the same person. 
I also found they spelt her name (on her passport ) differently and on that same passport, the DOB is different from what I assumed her age was. I innocently did the mistake of non communication. 
Problem now my mom doesn't keep/have paperwork I can provide. 
All suggestions are welcome.
My sweet mother...help a confused daughter.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Demidrason: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
Dear VO

I appeared for interview at the US consulate in Lagos, the CO detected a fake south Africa visa on my passport and ask me where I got it from and I explained without any restriction, he further ask for the contact number of the agent that did it and I said I didn't have my phone there with me, he later brought out a letter directing me to send the contact information of the agent to LagosNIV@states.gov and ticked the heading that says that my application will undergo administrative processing. Please what's the possible outcome of this and can my VISA still be approved because the CO withheld our 4passports but only 2 of it has the SA visa on it. What the minimum time the passport can be released to us and can we still make use of the passport for other countries.
NB: the visa was without my consent, the guy did it thinking it will enhance our chances of being approved for US Visa.
I have supplied all the information they requested and it's already 7days and the status still showing administrative processing, is there anything I can do to expedite the processing?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AdyBeks: 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hello VO,
I am writing in regards to the I-129F application that was forwarded to the embassy by the National Visa Center. The case status online shows that the visa is ready but my fiance and I have not gotten any information about scheduling the visa interview. I must mention that the the only email I received throughout the process was for the receipt of the case with USCIS. I have a couple of questions:
1) Can my fiance go ahead and start the medical process, payment of visa fees, application for visa, and scheduling of interview?
2) Who receives the letter from the embassy? Is it my fiance or I? Is the notification an email or a mail?
3) My fiance and I don't have time on our side, is there an expedited process for this stage? I am active duty and I have an upcoming overseas assignment. I want my future spouse with me.
Thank you for your assistance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by 321d: 3:02am On Apr 07, 2017
Hello VO,

I have f4 and f1 pending petitions. (Priority dates still away).

I have been married for 3yrs by traditional rites and do not wish to have a court wedding yet.

In case my priority date becomes current, will my spouse be qualified for follow to join benefit of the petition?

Based on NIV interviews, I have stated that I am married, does this automatically take me from f1 to f3? That is without informing the NVC myself.

For subsequent applications, i stated "other" as marital status because i was uneasy if i was asked for my marriage certificate, i do not have one and wanted the opportunity to explain but i was not given the chance during the interview. Instead the VO asked "are you married at this time, yes or no and i stated yes & was denied.

Pls what is the implication on my petition and on my NIV request going forward?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Fortsucc(f): 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hi Visa Officer, am a permanent resident of United State, my mother is currently sick and I want her to come to United State for treatment, can you please tell me the processes involved and all I need to bring her here? Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ajiskololo: 5:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hello VO,
Am writing regarding my husband's case. Am a U.S. Citizen. I filed for him last year. Everything went well with the USCIS and NVC. He was scheduled for an interview at the Lagos Embassy in November 2016. He was interviewed and he was approved of his visa, he was given a paper to take to the DHL office after 10days of his interview to retrieve his passport with his visa. To our surprise, my husband and I received an email two days after the interview that his visa is under additional administrative processing that we should contact them after 90days. It's more than 4months now, we haven't heard anything from them. We 'be written them but nothing concrete from them. And it's really really depressing. Please do you know what we can do? Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by 9jaStar: 4:21am On Apr 10, 2017
I'm afraid its not just Nairaland.
And they'll be quick to take umbrage when corrected.
Sometimes I wonder how majority of the population passed their English Language exams.

VisaOfficer:

Honestly, I am having trouble understanding what you are asking. I know you are 16, but please consider using proper grammar and punctuation going forward. I count one period in the above remarks. I certainly am no grammar taskmaster, but it will be very helpful for people trying to help you. This advice is also for the general Nairaland population as I have noticed an overall degradation in the quality of the posts.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Usifo216: 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2017
Hi VO,

The status of my case on ceac changed from AP to issued(Visa has been printed). Since 3rd April, 2017 and it is still not ready for pickup.
Does it mean the medicals I sent after 1 week of interview was gotten?
May I know what notification or prompt I'll get before going for pickup.

Have a blessed day.

Usifo.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:09am On Apr 12, 2017
sundaydammy:
Pls what can one do after he missed US visa appointment

If this is for an immigrant visa, write LagosIV@state.gov for rescheduling with the case number, petitioner's name, and beneficiary's name. Keep in mind that you will be rescheduled at least 90 days from the original date of the interview.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2017
Usifo216:
Hi VO,

The status of my case on ceac changed from AP to issued(Visa has been printed). Since 3rd April, 2017 and it is still not ready for pickup.
Does it mean the medicals I sent after 1 week of interview was gotten?
May I know what notification or prompt I'll get before going for pickup.

Have a blessed day.

Usifo.

Write LagosIV@state.gov with your question. Include the case number, petitioner's name, and beneficiary's name. The officer working on your case will be notified and make a determination.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2017
ajiskololo:
Hello VO,
Am writing regarding my husband's case. Am a U.S. Citizen. I filed for him last year. Everything went well with the USCIS and NVC. He was scheduled for an interview at the Lagos Embassy in November 2016. He was interviewed and he was approved of his visa, he was given a paper to take to the DHL office after 10days of his interview to retrieve his passport with his visa. To our surprise, my husband and I received an email two days after the interview that his visa is under additional administrative processing that we should contact them after 90days. It's more than 4months now, we haven't heard anything from them. We 'be written them but nothing concrete from them. And it's really really depressing. Please do you know what we can do? Thanks

If you have not done so already, write LagosIV@state.gov. Include the case number, petitioner's name, and beneficiary's name.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:12am On Apr 12, 2017
Fortsucc:
Hi Visa Officer, am a permanent resident of United State, my mother is currently sick and I want her to come to United State for treatment, can you please tell me the processes involved and all I need to bring her here? Thanks.

There is a lot of information available online through official and non-official sites. You might also want to consult with an immigration attorney.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:16am On Apr 12, 2017
321d:
Hello VO,

I have f4 and f1 pending petitions. (Priority dates still away).

I have been married for 3yrs by traditional rites and do not wish to have a court wedding yet.

In case my priority date becomes current, will my spouse be qualified for follow to join benefit of the petition?

Based on NIV interviews, I have stated that I am married, does this automatically take me from f1 to f3? That is without informing the NVC myself.

For subsequent applications, i stated "other" as marital status because i was uneasy if i was asked for my marriage certificate, i do not have one and wanted the opportunity to explain but i was not given the chance during the interview. Instead the VO asked "are you married at this time, yes or no and i stated yes & was denied.

Pls what is the implication on my petition and on my NIV request going forward?

The United States recognizes traditional marriages as legitimate marriages. You have, by law, married in Nigeria and are therefore married in the United States. Your F1 visa status is no longer applicable. You are now an F3. The F4 is unchanged. You should report this change immediately to NVC to adjust your F1 priority date to the F3 priority date.

You appear not to be forthright about your marital situation. This will not help you when it comes time to interview.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:18am On Apr 12, 2017
AdyBeks:
Hello VO,
I am writing in regards to the I-129F application that was forwarded to the embassy by the National Visa Center. The case status online shows that the visa is ready but my fiance and I have not gotten any information about scheduling the visa interview. I must mention that the the only email I received throughout the process was for the receipt of the case with USCIS. I have a couple of questions:
1) Can my fiance go ahead and start the medical process, payment of visa fees, application for visa, and scheduling of interview?
2) Who receives the letter from the embassy? Is it my fiance or I? Is the notification an email or a mail?
3) My fiance and I don't have time on our side, is there an expedited process for this stage? I am active duty and I have an upcoming overseas assignment. I want my future spouse with me.
Thank you for your assistance.

You (the petitioner) will receive the information from NVC when it is ready to be scheduled. We will receive a note, as well, and will contact you about timelines for the medical review and other components.

The other questions are best answered by USCIS.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Demo213: 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hello,

Would be great to have your opinion basis below....

Demo213:
Hello VO,

I have a question: Myself and my sister was filed for in 2010 in the F1 family category. However in 2011 my sister got married. Unfortunately she got divorced in 2016 after having two kids.

Reading through the thread I realized the application category should move from F1 to F3 after the applicant get married. Also she did not actually notified USCIS after the wedding as we assumed that should happen during the actual application to the NVC.

My question is:

1) Now that she is divorced, what category will her visa application be based on, as F1 or F3?

Thanks and Regards,
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2017
Demo213:
Hello,

My question is:

If she is now divorced and the divorce was not done to avoid the F3 visa status, then she would be considered an F1. These events have no impact on her children; the children can travel with her. She will need to have her marriage and divorce documentation ready at the interview.

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:13pm On Apr 13, 2017
Sang2681:
I need help i was given a USA visa October and on my way to the airport i was robbed and all my valuable items was lost , immidiately i mail the embassy , so i went to police station to report and i did affidavit for the lost of the passport , after some months i got a new passport now mail the embassy that hav gotten another passport and have paid for another visa fee to apply for usa interview on getting to the interview on march 30th 2017 , the consular was asking what happened to my previous visa why was it revoked i told him i was not aware of the revocation just hearing it from his mouth , and the consular told me am not eligible at this time , pls help me out am a proprietor hav been to many countries please what can i do to get the visa back on my new passport , kindly mail me back at , moore. M47@yahoo. Com, am confused now

This is not an immigrant visa question. However, I will address it in an immigrant visa context. If, between the time someone picks up the visa and his/her arrival in the United States, the visa is lost/stolen/damaged, the visa can be re-printed by paying the printing fee. We will need a passport with at least six months' validity on it for each visa to be printed. The medical, police, and other documents for each applicant must also still be valid.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by naijaboy756: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2017
nice thread
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by larrychulo: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2017
i am a son of a US citizen, im over 21, single, have been filed for. What is the significant waiting period.. i heard it could be upto 6yrs for f1

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (96)

Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.