Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace (4196 Views)

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom / Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III / Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by omonnakoda: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:

Very interesting.

A visitor that disrespects the tradition and culture of the host should be beheaded.

If you cannot respect the culture and traditional institution of the host, go back to your cursed gully eroded land of red mud.

Simple as ABC.

Must you stay in a foreign land by force??
Simples

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by omonnakoda: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
BushidoBlue:

Yet we are communicating in English because of our cultural differences
Why don't all Nigerians speak their language and live in confusion? It's the same reason I state that explaining the culture is more superior to beating the cultural offender. At the palace for that matter.
Flogging is a form of explanation,very effective in my humble opinion
All evidence seems to suggest Eboes understand that language very well.Their governors are known for inviting citizens to Government House for floggings

3 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:

Naaaaa.

The koko is that when you get to a foreign land, you do not wait for them to lecture you on their culture and tradition before you do that yourself by asking the people that were there before you.

So, if you travel out, you will expect the government of that country to lecture you on their do's and dont's or you will ask other naijas that you see there?

I have been to a palace where the courtiers sat my delegation down and explained their do's and don'ts before we even stepped in. That's a civil society. What happened to the courtiers in the Deji of Akure's palace?
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by superstar1(m): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2015
BushidoBlue:

Are there two Nigerias?
I still ask, wouldn't it have made sense for the palace assistants to have stopped the Eze igbo at the palace gates and told him not to proceed than to beat him.
Where was civilisation in that civilisation?

You can develop operational manual for the palace guards of Deji of Akure and equally take it to him in your own crown and regalia too.

I hope you will live to tell the story.

5 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2015
omonnakoda:

In other words a soldier should koboko your head this evening as you drive by the barracks instead of telling you to stop for his Oga? Ok oooo...

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by superstar1(m): 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2015
BushidoBlue:

I have been to a palace where the courtiers sat my delegation down and explained their do's and don'ts before we even stepped in. That's a civil society. What happened to the courtiers in the Deji of Akure's palace?

What stops you from paying your fare to Akure, ask for the description to Deji's palace. Then ask for the head of the Palace Guards and then lecture him on how to do their job, instead of wasting your hand typing on NL.

5 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:

You can develop operational manual for the palace guards of Deji of Akure and equally take it to him in your own crown and regalia too.

Why should I? What happened to you? If you knew the custom of your people what stops you from making it popular and known to visitors? Seems you are more interested in the punishment than the understanding our cultures need.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by mofayodeyahoo: 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
I was no there but as a yoruba man i want you to thing of these:

does a market leader need a crown?
Tinubu mother even his daughter in lagos never wear one

how many village head in yoruba land are entitled to put on crown?

Government or paramount ruler are only permit to wear crown for the new king not whoever can buy it.

How much knowledge of that place or respect does the eze has now wit all these?

Igbo man thinks money is everythin many of dem travels but no knowledge...

So does it know how a villagehead a suppose to greet paramount ruler? Is just anticipating market leader

Come kano kano come see how a local govt kings dey pay obeisant to sanusi.

Sorry if dem flogin, he no competent head dat office for failing all these

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:

What stops you from paying your fare to Akure, ask for the description to Deji's palace. Then ask for the head of the Palace Guards and then lecture him on how to do their job, instead of wasting your hand typing on NL.

U no get leg? Why don't u make others understand your culture? Na fight all d time? What's the wahala here now? Really?

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by omonnakoda: 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
BushidoBlue:

In other words a soldier should koboko my father's head this evening as he drives by the barracks instead of telling him to stop for his Oga? Ok oooo...
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 6:14pm On Oct 16, 2015
mofayodeyahoo:
I was no there but as a yoruba man i want you to thing of these:

does a market leader need a crown?
Tinubu mother even his daughter in lagos never wear one

how many village head in yoruba land are entitled to put on crown?

Government or paramount ruler are only permit to wear crown for the new king not whoever can buy it.

How much knowledge of that place or respect does the eze has now?

Igbo man thinks money is everythin many of dem travels but no knowledge...

So does it know how a village a suppose to greet paramount ruler? Is just anticipating market leader

Come kano kano come see how a district kings dey pay obeisant

Assumptions... starts with.. I was not there.... period.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by superstar1(m): 6:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
BushidoBlue:

U no get leg? Why don't u make others understand your culture? Na fight all d time? What's the wahala here now? Really?

I laff in mandarin.

You do not learn the culture of where you are going to live and work before travelling there!!!! Chineke meeee.

No wonder they keep.killing you all over the world in your hundreds.

2 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by IGBOSON1: 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ioannes:

that wasn't what I read sir. I read that despite the advice given to the eze not to appear bedecked like a king, he ignored that.

ofcourse we both were not there, But I will rather believe that something grave must have happened for the floggings to take place. How many other floggings of igbos in Yoruba palace have you heard? I will give the benefit of the doubt to the Deji.

^^^Forget that shi/t...something grave indeed! Since when have Yoruba waited for 'something grave' happening before showing their hatred for Igbos at the earliest opportunity! It's quite telling that you lot see nothing wrong in your Oba setting up someone invited to his palace and ambushing him with hundreds of thugs and miscreants! An Eze or Obi in Igboland can never descend to such an uncivilized level, and if he does will be roundly condemned by all Igbos....the ethnicity of the victim notwithstanding!

I have a strong suspicion some of those thugs are the bigots and haters we come across on this forum!

Anyway, i don't blame you Yoruba....it's the daft Igbos that go to such a place in the name of 'one Nigeria' that i blame! They think the constitution, the law and basic human decency would give them some cover from a place brimming with xenophobes and bigots just waiting for the slightest opportunity to strike!

3 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by omonnakoda: 6:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
When they shoot them in other countries for drugs they tell them it is our culture to offer drugs as gifts in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by wytecat: 6:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
You got it!
This is one of those follow up threads (with dozens more to come) just to plant guilt in some tissue paper Yoruba's minds, and as soon as you make the mistake of condemning the Oba's action, Ibos will quickly grow wings and demand for apology, then the removal of the oba and spend the next 1 year whining, wailing and bashing him, and even try to take another oba on, all in a bid to further denigrate Yoruba. Remember what they said to Oba Akiolu because they got some Yoruba' s backing.

superstar1:
Utter rubbish.

He should thank his stars that it is not Alafin he did that to. I am sure his head would have been used to worship the next Ogun Festival.

he should wear his crown among his people and not in a palace of a King.

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by wytecat: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
cheesy
I don't know why this cracked me up

tpiander:
Oro ma po ninu iwe kobo o.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 6:33pm On Oct 16, 2015
wytecat:
You got it!
This is one of those follow up threads (with dozens more to come) just to plant guilt in some tissue paper Yoruba's minds, and as soon as you make the mistake of condemning the Oba's action, Ibos will quickly grow wings and demand for apology, then the removal of the oba and spend the next 1 year bashing him all in a bid to further denigrate Yoruba. Remember what they said to Oba Akiolu because they got some Yoruba' s backing.

So even you know that something is amiss in this scenario? It goes to show how deep the emotions run, the same way you are annoyed is the same way those Igbos feel slighted. In every conflict, a resolution must play out. Not more violence.

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by omonnakoda: 6:41pm On Oct 16, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Forget that shi/t...something grave indeed! Since when have Yoruba waited for 'something grave' happening before showing their hatred for Igbos at the earliest opportunity! It's quite telling that you lot see nothing wrong in your Oba setting up someone invited to his palace and ambushing him with hundreds of thugs and miscreants! An Eze or Obi in Igboland can never descend to such an uncivilized level, and if he does will be roundly condemned by all Igbos....the ethnicity of the victim notwithstanding!

I have a strong suspicion some of those thugs are the bigots and haters we come across on this forum!

Anyway, i don't blame you Yoruba....it's the daft Igbos that go to such a place in the name of 'one Nigeria' that i blame! They think the constitution, the law and basic human decency would give them some cover from a place brimming with xenophobes and bigots just waiting for the slightest opportunity to strike!
He was not invited he was summoned for correction but he proved stiff necked and so needed chastisement.Eboes are stubborn goats and that is why their governors flog them too

8 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by seunny4lif(m): 6:44pm On Oct 16, 2015
wytecat:
You got it!
This is one of those follow up threads (with dozens more to come) just to plant guilt in some tissue paper Yoruba's minds, and as soon as you make the mistake of condemning the Oba's action, Ibos will quickly grow wings and demand for apology, then the removal of the oba and spend the next 1 year bashing him all in a bid to further denigrate Yoruba. Remember what they said to Oba Akiolu because they got some Yoruba' s backing.

Why, he no try wear the yeye crown in front of OluofIbadan or Oni of Ife cool
Na him head dem go Use for Ogun...
As a Akure guy, we gentle make him try that nonsense with in Ondo Town shocked cool those people no dey hear word even all Ondo state dey fear OWO people and Ondo town

3 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by wytecat: 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
Did you read where he was asked to removed his crown but refused. That was his own account. We haven't heard the othr side.
BushidoBlue:

Are there two Nigerias?
I still ask, wouldn't it have made sense for the palace assistants to have stopped the Eze igbo at the palace gates and told him not to proceed than to beat him.
Where was civilisation in that civilisation?

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by cjrane: 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
If this truly happened, I am wondering why Igbos cannot retaliate. Just invite the Yoruba leader in the east you'd sob headquarters to explain. If he doesn't show up, grab a fee Yoruba men from the streets. Naked them and flog them mercilessly.

2 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by omonnakoda: 7:00pm On Oct 16, 2015
cjrane:
If this truly happened, I am wondering why Igbos cannot retaliate. Just invite the Yoruba leader in the east you'd sob headquarters to explain. If he doesn't show up, grab a fee Yoruba men from the streets. Naked them and flog them mercilessly.
That is exactly what we would like to see. Brilliant idea

8 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by wytecat: 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
I know now! Ondo Alagidi grin

Proud of you a bunch, I wish Lagos and the rest of the SW can follow in your footsteps jare!

seunny4lif:

Why, he no try wear the yeye crown in front of OluofIbadan or Oni of Ife cool
Na him head dem go Use for Ogun...
As a Akure guy, we gentle make him try that nonsense with in Ondo Town shocked cool those people no dey hear word even all Ondo state dey fear OWO people and Ondo town

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2015
omonnakoda:
That is exactly what we would like to see. Brilliant idea

It would seem that violence a excites you. A debasing uncivilised trait.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by superstar1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2015
cjrane:

We are gladly praying for that. What are they waiting for?

The lagoon will definitely be turned to Red Sea.

7 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
wytecat:
I know now! Ondo Alagidi grin

Proud of you a bunch, I wish Lagos and the rest of the SW can follow your in your footsteps jare!

Hip hip hurray!!!!! Let's beat people up instead of endearing them to our cutoms!
Look at us we are so civilised!!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by omonnakoda: 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
BushidoBlue:

My uncivilized mother is a debased prostitute

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2015
my prayers are coming to past, one day my people would see one Nigeria tru my eyes and understand where we are going.

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by wytecat: 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
Not exactly!

I was just analysing you to my people you are trying to blackmail emotionally.

Where were you when your people were disrespecting Yoruba land? What you are doing now is the work of a wrestler on choke hold tapping to get his breathe back, we all know what he would do when he gets on his feet. You miscalculated and it boomerang.

Did you support what your people were saying about Yoruba? If no, Where are the letters you wrote to your fellow Ibos to stop infuriating their host? Or anything from the meeting for same reason? Your people did not speak against Ibo when all this were cooking, now that it's ready, you just can't feign ignorance, it only makes you an hypocrite.

BushidoBlue:

So even you know that something is amiss in this scenario? It goes to show how deep the emotions run, the same way you are annoyed is the same way those Igbos feel slighted. In every conflict, a resolution must play out. Not more violence.

4 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by OJUcrook: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2015
Igbos are cursed

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by wytecat: 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2015
grin grin Una go kill me with laughter oo?
superstar1:

2 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by wytecat: 7:40pm On Oct 16, 2015
cheesy grin grin ahi ahi ahi ahiiiii! My tummy ooo!
Whip the goats back to line. grin
omonnakoda:
All evidence seems to suggest Eboes understand that language very well.Their governors are known for inviting citizens to Government House for floggings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OBJ: Jonathan Told Me He Didn't Read Before Signing Toothpick Policy / This Nigga Quit( Viewer's Discretion) / Full List Of Nigeria Oil Bloc Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.