Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace (4211 Views)

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom / Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace III / Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by seunny4lif(m): 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2015
grin angry grin grin
wytecat:
I know now! Ondo Alagidi grin

Proud of you a bunch, I wish Lagos and the rest of the SW can follow in your footsteps jare!

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by wytecat: 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2015
I'm not buying it!
I see you are on second leg of the plan of

1. Emotional blackmail
2' Dive in diplomacy
3. Insults and chest beating

Hurry up and get it over with, there's a reason I'm camping with you.

BushidoBlue:

Hip hip hurray!!!!! Let's beat people up instead of endearing them to our cutoms!
Look at us we are so civilised!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by wytecat: 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by MrMbaM: 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2015
cjrane:
If this truly happened, I am wondering why Igbos cannot retaliate. Just invite the Yoruba leader in the east you'd sob headquarters to explain. If he doesn't show up, grab a fee Yoruba men from the streets. Naked them and flog them mercilessly.

Why cant you start this idea, you dont need to make noise here about this your great idea. Start it and we will be glad. Loudmouthed dunce.

7 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by MrMbaM: 8:19pm On Oct 16, 2015
Flog them very well, you all yeebhoes wake your parents every morning with a sliding tackle, stick to your foolishness in your land and stop disgracing yourself everywhere. Mschew

3 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by ArodeTsolaye: 8:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:
Utter rubbish.

He should thank his stars that it is not Alafin he did that to. I am sure his head would have been used to worship the next Ogun Festival.

he should wear his crown among his people and not in a palace of a King.

We've been begging you cursed yorubas to go on the streets and kill Igbos and then come here and post the dead pictures. Why are you afraid to drink the Igbo blood that you thirst for, when it is just right within your reach? grin
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by evansvenus(m): 8:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
Ioannes:
OP, why don't you let sleeping dogs lie? it seems you want to over flog this particular dead horse.dnt be myopic,for the fact that yorubas dnt leave their region isn't anybody's fault...yorubas should move enmasses in any of the south east city and see if they can install an oba...south east is accommodating!

as far as I know, it isn't only the Igbos that live in Yorubaland But it must always be about the Igbos.

inasmuch as I believe in one Nigeria, I live by the tenet in the holy book that says do onto others as you want others to do to you.

it is an insult to wear your crown to another king's palace in Yorubaland, why is it so difficult to respect the customs of the place you find yourself?

you make others despise you, and then when they do, you cry foul.

we have eze ndigbo in every state in the south west, point to one yoruba Oba in the south east.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by SupremeXYZ(m): 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2015
[s]
Delafruita:
the Eze Igbo akure cannot be likened to an ambassador.he is more like the president of a social club.he cannot hold court in akure without the permission of the paramount ruler of akure in the person of the Deji of akure.the Igbo's in akure are visitors of the Deji of akure and while our constitution allows for freedom of movement and association,it doesn't allow freedom to supplant existing tradition.
B
wahile I don't in any way condone violence,I think its necessary to let the Igbo's in akure know their place before they start to claim it as no mans land.
[/s]When i point the stupidity of an avarage Yoruba,to humanity,people who are mentally dense,tags me a yoruba hater.

Please tell the world what you meant by Supplanting existing culture?.Is he Eze of Akure(just like Deji of Akureland),or Eze Ndigbo in Akure?. Your assertion is sheer madtness.Their isn't any supplanting whatever in the title.

I don't know that Nigerians are "visitors" in Nigeria.When people ask for freedom,madt people like you will crawl out of your hole to talk trash.you wana make them visitors?.Divide Nigeria,and they automatically became visitors.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by seunny4lif(m): 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2015
grin angry grin grin
wytecat:
I know now! Ondo Alagidi grin

Proud of you a bunch, I wish Lagos and the rest of the SW can follow in your footsteps jare!

grin
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by Gamechanger: 8:53pm On Oct 16, 2015
superstar1:

Very interesting.

A visitor that disrespects the tradition and culture of the host should be beheaded.

If you cannot respect the culture and traditional institution of the host, go back to your cursed gully eroded land of red mud.

Simple as ABC.

Must you stay in a foreign land by force??

And to think that yesterday I ferried two corpers from ur place in the eroded land all the way from Igbariam town to Awka and to their destination. What if I ran over them because the way they were waving me down is against our culture.

This hatred must stop. There will always be ur people over here. Hate talks don't do anybody any good

2 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by tpiander: 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2015
I wonder why the op and his ilk are going on and on as if they ever heard of any eze anywhere prior to what they saw in the media.

the height of f.oolishness if you ask me.

dont you have other things to to with your time?

enough with the publicity stunts.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by Delafruita(m): 10:49pm On Oct 16, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
[s][/s]When i point the stupidity of an avarage Yoruba,to humanity,people who are mentally dense,tags me a yoruba hater.

Please tell the world what you meant by Supplanting existing culture?.Is he Eze of Akure(just like Deji of Akureland),or Eze Ndigbo in Akure?. Your assertion is sheer madtness.Their isn't any supplanting whatever in the title.

I don't know that Nigerians are "visitors" in Nigeria.When people ask for freedom,madt people like you will crawl out of your hole to talk trash.you wana make them visitors?.Divide Nigeria,and they automatically became visitors.
there is idiocy and there is you.I dare say no adjectives exist yet to define you.what normal human being doesn't understand that Eze ndigbo akure means king of Igbo's in akure?does that then mean the Deji of akure has to share his subjects with the Eze ndigbo akure?all the Igbo's in akure are subjects of the Deji of akure so long as they remain within his domain.so who does Eze ndigbo in akure rule over if not the same people who are subjects of the Deji of akure?he sees himself as an equal which is why he will visit the deji's palace with his crown and beads

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by Jman06(m): 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2015
More attacks on the Igbo's is all I ask for.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
Delafruita:
there is idiocy and there is you.I dare say no adjectives exist yet to define you.what normal human being doesn't understand that Eze ndigbo akure means king of Igbo's in akure?does that then mean the Deji of akure has to share his subjects with the Eze ndigbo akure?all the Igbo's in akure are subjects of the Deji of akure so long as they remain within his domain.so who does Eze ndigbo in akure rule over if not the same people who are subjects of the Deji of akure?he sees himself as an equal which is why he will visit the deji's palace with his crown and beads
even northerners In Akure hv associations, and there associations hv leaders but for u guys to approach them is like war.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by basilo101: 12:54am On Oct 17, 2015
Why dis toutish behaviour by yorubas always? Afta failing to bring igbos into Falae's kidnap dey nw luk 4 flimsy excuse to exhibit dia area boy attitude. Is dis nt a simple mistake due to cultural diference dat require simple correction?
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by omonnakoda: 1:06am On Oct 17, 2015
One talks of cultural differences when you have peoples and cultures.
Eboes have no culture and it is generous in the extreme to call feral savages people/
These animals are totally devoid of any civility

2 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by GentleToks(m): 1:45am On Oct 17, 2015
podosci:
Nigeria is a lawless country.The constitution is superior to any customary or religious laws, therefore the Deji of Akure and his cohort should be arrested and prosecuted for assult of the Eze indigo.

Even your master who imposed the democracy on you would kill you faster than you ever imagined if your Eze mistakenly go Queen palace with his local crown.

Go and disrespect the Queen and see democracy and freedom of anything being thrown out of windows by the same democracy and non-abuse rhetoric promoters called British.

I am indegene of Akure; both sides. I was born and brought up in that city and i can categorically tell you that Igbos are more or less like every bona fide Akure indegenes.

We attend the same schools, build houses side by sides and allow our children to mix without any tribal affiliation. I see them on Sundays with their Igbos traditional attires going for their weekly meeting without any disturbance from anybody.

As Yorubas in Akure, we have never felt threatened by Igbos presence in Akure despite all what we heard about their attitude towards others in the East(Yoruba traders who have been to the East).

Igbos have been in Akure for years and for you to become Eze of Igbos in Akure, you must have known few things if not a lot about Akure traditions. Even as a little child with my fellow igbo friends in the same Akure, we all knew then that if you climb a particular heap in front of Oba palace, you would automatically become a slave in the palace and we all avoided it at all cost despite our stubbornness and playfulness.

If a whole Eze of Igbos in Akure could claim not to much about tth tradition of his host, then, what's the point of making him an Eze. I thought being an Eze of Igbos in a particular town or city is to ensure that his kinsmen are well guarded and enlightened as to what to do or not to do.

Why do Igbos like trouble where there is none? Why is only Igbos that always cause trouble wherever they are?

In UK where the whole democracy rhetorics is being lipped at every passing seconds, as immigrants despite your British passport, you don't dare or disrespect their queen. If you do......

In recent time, Igbos in Akure have grown wings so much so that the older generation has begun to see this. 98% of original Akure indegenes are not living in that city, half of that 98% live abroad while the remaining half reside all over South West states and few outside South West, so Igbos have a plain ground with other Yorubas to do their business.

There are Sabos and mini Sabos in the same Akure fully occipied by Hausa/Fulanis. They respect their host so much so that you won't even know that they occupy more shops in Akure than Igbos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 1:50am On Oct 17, 2015
God help this so called country called Nigeria, smh undecided

I officially give up with comments such as these.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by MayorofLagos(m): 6:14am On Oct 17, 2015
BushidoBlue:
I have listened and watched and read comments from the future generation of Nigeria and I am appalled by what I have observed.

This incident has brought to the fore the underlying animosity that tribalism breeds.

I am not privy to all sides of information so my opinion is based on the respect and reciprocal attitudes of both parties involved.

Let's start by assuming the Igbos erred in some way right there in Akure.
The magnitude of the misdemeanour can't be ascertained by me.
So the Deji of Akure now summons the Eze Igbo of Akure.
Before I continue, I want to ask a question.
Who is an ambassador if not a representative of a nation in another nation and even the embassy grounds are given the same respect as the nation from which the ambassador hails from.
Having said that, an ambassador can be summoned before the president of a country and must honour such an invitation. Being unruly to the "host nation" is a abhorred by any nation or people.
However, being violent on the ambassador is also in distaste and does not speak well of the host nation and can even lead to diplomatic issues or war.

Can we then say that the Eze Igbo is a representative of the entire Igbo community in Akure and as such an ambassador of the Igbos in Akure?
Can we also safely assume that he was summoned and respected the host community by honouring the invitation?
Can we as well say he has the right to ask for the root cause of the issues at stake in order to settle or mediate between the host and his kinsmen?

If the answer to the above is yes in all three positions, will it be personable or civil for the Eze Igbo to be beaten and derobed in the palace of the host community if due to cultural differences, he errs right there in the palace?

I have stated in other posts and threads on this forum that I have been fortunate to travel around this great nation and visit different traditional rulers for different reasons.

One thing I have found in common is that the hospitality and cultural handlers (or special assistants) to the palaces usually explain the do's and dont's of the host community.

I want to know really, what the Eze Igbo said that would have warranted the violent reaction.
If he was found to have erred he must apologize and the initial matter be settled.

With the kind of responses I read here in this forum it would seem that there is a subhuman hatred for the Igbo. The reason I say this is because we hear Nairalanders threaten fire and brimstone ok the igbo's as if the flogging of the Eze Igbo wa not enough humiliation.

When the tables turn and these youth are found to err in another man's land where ever on this earth they may find themselves, I hope and pray their hosts will be more merciful than the youth in the palace of the paramount ruler, the Deji of Akure.

We continue to get information from different quarters in Yorubaland of how Ibos believe market leadership is a democratic process. Markets in Yorubaland are under the jurisdiction of the Oba and he is supported on this by the customary law.

So only the Oba can appoint market leadership. It is not open for voting or an electoral contest. Iyaloja or Babaloja report to Oba and sit in the Oba's Council.

This Eze of Ibos in Akure said his people have been in Akure 70years.....they must be dummies if in 70yrs they did not know the intimate connection between Oba and the market.

We hear and get reports of Ibos challenging why Yoruba should be head of market and rule over them. We don't have to rule over you at all....but if you want to live and trade in a market in Yorubaland, then you must be surbordinate to a Yoruba market leader. It is simple, Yoruba Customary Law does not recognise Ibo as a member in Oba's Council....it is not a positipn for foreigners. In fact, its a taboo to have Ibo in such position.

When this controversy first erupted in Ladipo market, the Ibos there were told to accept Babaloja or forfeit their privilege to trade in Yorubaland, they accepted Babaloja than go back to Iboland or have their trading privilege revoked.

Similarly, the Eze nsigbo has no right to appoint or elect market leader. It is taboo for Ibo to do so in Yorubaland. You are free to return home or surrender your trade license if you cannot have Yoruba above you.

We.did not invite you to Yorubaland.

To those crying about Yoruba fought to keep Nigeria one....did we invite you to march into Ore?

2 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by tonytony208(m): 8:43am On Oct 17, 2015
BushidoBlue:
I have listened and watched and read comments from the future generation of Nigeria and I am appalled by what I have observed.

This incident has brought to the fore the underlying animosity that tribalism breeds.

I am not privy to all sides of information so my opinion is based on the respect and reciprocal attitudes of both parties involved.

Let's start by assuming the Igbos erred in some way right there in Akure.
The magnitude of the misdemeanour can't be ascertained by me.
So the Deji of Akure now summons the Eze Igbo of Akure.
Before I continue, I want to ask a question.
Who is an ambassador if not a representative of a nation in another nation and even the embassy grounds are given the same respect as the nation from which the ambassador hails from.
Having said that, an ambassador can be summoned before the president of a country and must honour such an invitation. Being unruly to the "host nation" is a abhorred by any nation or people.
However, being violent on the ambassador is also in distaste and does not speak well of the host nation and can even lead to diplomatic issues or war.

Can we then say that the Eze Igbo is a representative of the entire Igbo community in Akure and as such an ambassador of the Igbos in Akure?
Can we also safely assume that he was summoned and respected the host community by honouring the invitation?
Can we as well say he has the right to ask for the root cause of the issues at stake in order to settle or mediate between the host and his kinsmen?

If the answer to the above is yes in all three positions, will it be personable or civil for the Eze Igbo to be beaten and derobed in the palace of the host community if due to cultural differences, he errs right there in the palace?

I have stated in other posts and threads on this forum that I have been fortunate to travel around this great nation and visit different traditional rulers for different reasons.

One thing I have found in common is that the hospitality and cultural handlers (or special assistants) to the palaces usually explain the do's and dont's of the host community.

I want to know really, what the Eze Igbo said that would have warranted the violent reaction.
If he was found to have erred he must apologize and the initial matter be settled.

With the kind of responses I read here in this forum it would seem that there is a subhuman hatred for the Igbo. The reason I say this is because we hear Nairalanders threaten fire and brimstone ok the igbo's as if the flogging of the Eze Igbo wa not enough humiliation.

When the tables turn and these youth are found to err in another man's land where ever on this earth they may find themselves, I hope and pray their hosts will be more merciful than the youth in the palace of the paramount ruler, the Deji of Akure.

You people that call Nigeria a zoo, are you not doing it because of tribalism? Why then are you here complaining? You will do something bad and when others do the same to you in response, you will start complaining.

Before you can open your mouth to talk about tribalism, go and tell KANU to shut down your radio of hate and tribalism first. Until then, you have no moral justification to talk about tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 9:36am On Oct 17, 2015
omonnakoda:

My uncivilized mother is a debased prostitute

Wow that's unfortunate.
I know some NGO's that can help
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 9:38am On Oct 17, 2015
wytecat:
I'm not buying it!
I see you are on second leg of the plan of

1. Emotional blackmail
2' Dive in diplomacy
3. Insults and chest beating

Hurry up and get it over with, there's a reason I'm camping with you.

You already did
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by BushidoBlue(m): 9:46am On Oct 17, 2015
tonytony208:

You people that call Nigeria a zoo, are you not doing it because of tribalism? Why then are you here complaining? You will do something bad and when others do the same to you in response, you will start complaining.

Before you can open your mouth to talk about tribalism, go and tell KANU to shut down your radio of hate and tribalism first. Until then, you have no moral justification to talk about tribalism.

What bad have "We people" done?
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by pazienza(m): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2015
Well, from experience, it's usually people like this disgraced Eze Ndiigbo in Akure and other Igbos in Akure that are usually anti Biafran.

Believing they stand to lose alot if Biafra emerges and that they have already assimilated into Nigeria,( don't be surprised to know that most of those Igbos in Akure are now fluent speakers of Akure Yorubas dialect and some now have Yoruba in laws), blinded by naivete, they go about speaking ill of those of us that see the bigger picture and keep insisting on Biafra.

These pro Nigerian Igbo groups need more manual reset from Nigerians, like the type Akure people just gave the Eze Ndiigbo there,to get them to think right and let go of their myopic inclinations, naivete and selfish interests, and begin to see the bigger picture here.

A Biafran state will protect the interest of Biafrans outside Biafraland, more than the Zoological republic can ever do.

Pity for the disgraced Eze Ndiigbo, maybe now he can begin to grasp the fundamental flaw engraved deeply in the foundation of the colonial abomination called Nigeria, maybe now he would understand why the country was not one, is not one, and will never be one.
Maybe now, he can set his priorities right and begin to work towards the emergence of an independent Igbo nation capable of protecting the interest of her citizens in foreign lands.

Or maybe he can do what he has been doing before, keep faith in the Zoological republic, and be sure to receive more manual resets in the future from lawless youths, after all, it's a Zoo, anything goes.

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by OnReflection: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2015
GentleToks:

As Yorubas in Akure, we have never felt threatened by Igbos presence in Akure despite all what we heard about their attitude towards others in the East(Yoruba traders who have been to the East).

Igbos have been in Akure for years and for you to become Eze of Igbos in Akure, you must have known few things if not a lot about Akure traditions. Even as a little child with my fellow igbo friends in the same Akure, we all knew then that if you climb a particular heap in front of Oba palace, you would automatically become a slave in the palace and we all avoided it at all cost despite our stubbornness and playfulness.

If a whole Eze of Igbos in Akure could claim not to much about tth tradition of his host, then, what's the point of making him an Eze. I thought being an Eze of Igbos in a particular town or city is to ensure that his kinsmen are well guarded and enlightened as to what to do or not to do.

Why do [some] Igbos like trouble where there is none? Why is only Igbos that always cause trouble wherever they are?

^^^The crux.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by OnReflection: 10:14am On Oct 17, 2015
Akure and audacity of settlers

October 17, 2015

Akureland has been in the news of recent, on two unpleasant platforms. One was the abduction of its highly revered son and traditional ruler of Ilu-Abo, Akure, Chief Olu Falae. The other is the alleged unruly behaviour of a man, who until recently was the Eze Ndigbo of Akure. The two stories have conspired to pollute the waters of a land known for its metropolitan nature and peaceful people.

I begin with Falae. A couple of weeks ago, societal reverence and respect for him notwithstanding, a band of violent and virulent Fulani herdsmen had stormed his Ilado farm in Akure, abducted him and only released the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation after a ransom had been paid. The equivocation of that abduction looms large. Falae, as the Olu of Ilu-Abo, presides over a section of Akure that is known to be a refuge for all tribes in Nigeria. On the streets of the small village, languages jam one another and the cultures of the inhabitants are almost subsuming that of their host. What that means in essence is that Chief Falae is head of virtually all tribes in Nigeria in his domain. It is in Ilu-Abo where they find their daily bread. You could call the inhabitants farm workers and labourers, but the fact remains that the land provides refuge for their esophagus. Those who know the peculiar nature of Falae’s cosmopolitanism and the village he administers were shocked that a nationalist like him could fall prey to the antics of some evil men who did not respect his nationalism and political pedigree.

[b]Then comes the story of an Eze. Worried by his alleged disrespect for his host and apparent disdain for the Akure monarchy, the man had been suspended as the Eze Ndigbo by the Deji of Akureland, Oba Ogunlade Aladelusi Aladetoyinbo, Odundun II, whose office had bestowed on him the title in the first instance. What was Iloh’s infraction? A market in the city, which had hitherto enjoyed the leadership of indigenes of the state capital, had succumbed to the subtle but powerful mercantile and commercial power of their Igbo brothers. Before the natives knew what was happening, the Igbo had imposed their suzerainty on the market and were not only determining the leadership of the market but ensuring that natives did not have a say in the affairs of their own market.

Worried by what they tagged native colonialism on their own land, a spat had occurred between some Igbo in the market and the natives. Afraid that this could turn violent, the Deji, one of the most humble kings to have ascended the monarchy in this part of the country, was said to have invited the Igbo leader for a meeting last Saturday through his Iru Okun, the king’s staff of office. The insignia was reportedly seized by some Igbo hirelings of the man, while the Eze did not honour the Kabiyesi’s invitation.[/b] Oba Aladetoyinbo was said to have invited the man again for another meeting on Monday and the latter stormed the palace wearing his haughtiness and conceit on his sleeves. He was reported to have preened himself in the presence of the Kabiyesi, making calls on his cell phone before him and telling the Deji that even King Solomon in his wisdom could not dare to look down on those who had equal intelligence as him. Disturbed by this ride on a self horse and spit on their king, the chiefs present in the palace had collected his beads. The man reportedly later mobilised some Igbo youth to protest against the monarchy.

In his defence, the Eze told the story of how the Igbo had been living in Akureland for over 70 years and how he contributed money towards the ascendance of the king. The natives must be told that modernity dictates that the Igbo, like their Akure host, should be able to compete in an open market and whoever had an upper muzzle should hold the suzerainty of the said market, so far as the contest is open and legal. The advent of capitalism has dictated that the pursuit of wealth of nations is a survival-of-the-fittest contest. What, however, the writer finds loathsome is his alleged disrespect for his host and especially their tradition as embodied in the Deji. The Akure people do not joke with their traditional institution and revere their monarch as next to God on earth.

Having lived in Akureland for 70 years, in the words of the man himself, there is a failure on his part in recognising that in a choice between Mammon and their king, Akure will pick the latter. The current Deji, Oba Aladetoyinbo, from what this writer has been able to piece together about him and his pedigree, is an embodiment of humility and respect for tradition. He will stand by his people, no matter whose ox is gored.

Iloh occupied the title of Eze at the instance of the Deji. Like such fancy title of the Eze which has neither traditional foundation nor any royal reckoning but for administrative purposes, the day the man who bestows the title feels the holder is no longer fit to occupy it, he is shown the door. In this instance, this writer was told that the chiefs, who represent all sections of Akure, who witnessed Eze’s grandstanding and peacock-like desecration of their traditional chieftaincy stool, apparently because of his proximity to the allures of cash, removed his chieftaincy beads.

Methinks what the ex-Eze should seek is peace and forgiveness of the Deji, his council of chiefs and by that very fact, the people of Akure. Yes, modernity had duded the issue of settlers/indigenes but I am yet to hear that modernity has decreed that anyone should ride roughshod on the remains of culture of respect for kings which the people hold on to jealously. Affronts on Falae and the Deji by two distinct settlers are apparently too heavy for Akure to shoulder.

AYINLA MUKAIBA ON SATURDAY
Source

For someone who claims to be part of continuum that reaches back at least 70 years, this particular Eze Ndigbo has evidently overreached himself in more ways than one.

Enough of this open defiance of our customary laws angry

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by tonytony208(m): 10:27am On Oct 17, 2015
BushidoBlue:

What bad have "We people" done?

Start by asking KANU.

Additionally, ask your brothers in Lagos and on naira land.

You may also want to ask the deposed ezeof Igbo in akure and his uncultured disposition.
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by omonnakoda: 11:08am On Oct 17, 2015
BushidoBlue:

My uncivilized mother is a debased prostitute
She is beyond help

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by wytecat: 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
cheesy grin haha!
BushidoBlue:

You already did
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2015
BushidoBlue:

Yet we are communicating in English because of our cultural differences
Why don't all Nigerians speak their language and live in confusion? It's the same reason I state that explaining the culture is more superior to beating the cultural offender. At the palace for that matter.

Why bother yourself? You are trying to have a civilized conversation with a latently moronic dullard who doesn't know anything outside his mother's hut. It's a waste of energy and intelligence. I don't care for the Eze Ndigbo thing but I know there is a way to deal with the primitive deji without even seeing him. These Igbo traders are so stupid that's why they were humiliated. As for wearing a hat before the primitive deji everybody does it. Then again what business do I have with a primitive deji..Even if we cross part he wouldn't have the courage to disrespect me. Fear won't let him !
Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by NRIPRIEST(m): 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
pazienza:
Well, from experience, it's usually people like this disgraced Eze Ndiigbo in Akure and other Igbos in Akure that are usually anti Biafran.

Believing they stand to lose alot if Biafra emerges and that they have already assimilated into Nigeria,( don't be surprised to know that most of those Igbos in Akure are now fluent speakers of Akure Yorubas dialect and some now have Yoruba in laws), blinded by naivete, they go about speaking ill of those of us that see the bigger picture and keep insisting on Biafra.

These pro Nigerian Igbo groups need more manual reset from Nigerians, like the type Akure people just gave the Eze Ndiigbo there,to get them to think right and let go of their myopic inclinations, naivete and selfish interests, and begin to see the bigger picture here.

A Biafran state will protect the interest of Biafrans outside Biafraland, more than the Zoological republic can ever do.

Pity for the disgraced Eze Ndiigbo, maybe now he can begin to grasp the fundamental flaw engraved deeply in the foundation of the colonial abomination called Nigeria, maybe now he would understand why the country was not one, is not one, and will never be one.
Maybe now, he can set his priorities right and begin to work towards the emergence of an independent Igbo nation capable of protecting the interest of her citizens in foreign lands.

Or maybe he can do what he has been doing before, keep faith in the Zoological republic, and be sure to receive more manual resets in the future from lawless youths, after all, it's a Zoo, anything goes.

Odogwu Nwa Ide nnaa, You have spoken like a true son of the soil. Indeed,they need the manual reset...lmao

1 Like

Re: Of Respect & Tribalism And Floggings In A Palace by naijaking1: 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
Jman06:
More attacks on the Igbo's is all I ask for.

You make the best point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

North Is Unhappy With BUHARI - Northern Supremacist Ango Abdullahi / Ugwuanyi Awards Contracts For Multiple Road Projects In Igbo-eze North, Others / One Of The Protesters In Jalingo Looted City Sign Post - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.