Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back (40321 Views)

Rivers 2019: Amaechi Fights Abe, Calls Him Traitor / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi's Supporters Showed Him Love Today / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi In Make Or Mar Visit To Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by bigerboy200: 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
codedguy1:
This is a moral issue on Buhari concerning making Amaechi a minister with all these allegations against him.

Making Amaechi a minister is tantamount to GEJ pardoning Alamieyeseigha - a moral issue.

Anyone who criticized GEJ for pardoning Alams but is supporting Amaechi becoming a minister is a hypocrite.
..but Alams was tried and was found guilty..Amaechi is yet to be tried, so y assume he is a thief??Assumption is nothing before the law..though we all have common sense to knw that 99.9 percent of 9ja's politicians are thieves,we should wait for the courts to decide their fate..
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by prettyboi1(m): 1:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
Enahi:
All I could understand from this write up is that Amaechi is truly guilty of the allegations against him.

Really tho? How do you think please? No offence.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by steve13(m): 1:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
oluwafemi113:

He safe Nigeria from the hand of incompetence
Why not get some tuition fee from Amechi to enable you get some Education ?

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by M4gunners: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
modelmike7:
...... Just imagine illiteracy. So if someone says, 'we are corrupt in Nigeria' that means everyone is corrupt right? You better receive sense.
Ignore.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2015
banki:

I am sick and tired of this he sold the south south nonsense

Who was more vocal in support of Jonathan in 2015 than ameachi?
Who betrayed who first? Was it not jonathan that supported Jonah Jang against ameachi during the governors forum nonsense?

So because ameachi supported buhari we have forgoten that his supporters were bombed on national TV people were killed for attending apc rallies!

Yet he asked people to show "ONE" project jonathan did in rivers state after rivers gave him the highest vote! Till today NOONE has answered the question instead they are calling him a betrayer
But Jonathan admitted he did nothing for Rivers and his backyard Bayelsa.
That he will do something during his third term, but he never had it.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by codedguy1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
bigerboy200:

..but Alams was tried and was found guilty..Amaechi is yet to be tried, so y assume he is a thief??Assumption is nothing before the law..though we all have common sense to knw that 99.9 percent of 9ja's politicians are thieves,we should wait for the courts to decide their fate..

I talked about the morality of the issue at hand and not whether one was convicted or not.

If the president nominates someone who has a lot of allegation against him, is it not right that the allegations be investigated before giving him more responsibilities considering the supposed stand of the president on corruption.

Its a moral issue is what am saying.

I did not think GEJ was right to have given Alams presidential pardon but he was within his right to pardon anyone he wanted as the president, but it was Morally wrong. Same applies here, Buhari has the right as the president to naminate Amaechi, but with all these allegations of corruption hanging on his head it is morally wrong for the nomination.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by dollyptosh(m): 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
oluwafemi113:

Amaechi be rest assure 100s of Wike can't stop you, we are strongly behind you
Why?? What exactly do you stand to gain if he becomes minister?
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by friends4ever(m): 2:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
cool Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you grin
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by DTOBS(m): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
jogojogo:

You failed to make any sense as Wike CANNOT stop the emergence of Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi as Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
how?
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by DTOBS(m): 2:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
frankyychiji:
My answer; your grammar na die oga grin
autocorrect did most of the error...
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by frankyychiji(f): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2015
DTOBS:

autocorrect did most of the error...
OK grin
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
Amaechi is not even arguing for his innocence in the allegations. The guy just wants to be minister. Am I the only one smelling the gas?

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by realsammy: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
All hail the LION of Niger delta... Amaechi's sin is simply because he refused cabals to run Rivers state for him. minister or no minister he is already be vindicated n blessed.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Gondonu: 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

The subject of the petition Which Wike and his cohorts are relying on as their evidence is a already matter pendinG before competent jurisdiction. So the committee cannot rely on the submission in order not to be prejudicial and be accused of preempting the court.

So the Senate committee on public petition is expected to submit a one line report for the committee of the Whole to consider.
Did you had this kind of objective mindset during the time of Stella Oduah'case.A fact is obvious:once you're an APC member,you're completely a saint.The president have not done anything about the damaging allegations against Fashola,Amaechi,Yobe REC but swift to prosecute mostly persons from the other political divide.This is selective justice& hypocrisy.The corruption war should fear no friend or for.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by kinibigdeal(m): 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
jogojogo:

Yes she is a thief even without any pronouncement from any Court.........no sentiment nor blackmail. Yes a thief! Amaechi only became a thief simply because he defected to APC and also his alignment to opposition forces poised to oust a sitting "Niger Delta Nigerian" president.
He suddenly became a thief in the last 18 months in office, no wonder the tout of a Governor only decided to set up a kangaroo panel to probe only 18 months of his entire period in office as a Governor of Rivers State. Obviously, Amaechi's crime is "he betray the niger delta", "he betray his brother" nonsense.

Finally, the desperation bid in stopping Amaechi from being a minister is laughable and clearly shows that all allegations against him are intended to stop him. I made bold today to say Amaechi is innocent........the singular reason they could not charge him to court.
all d sentences u just put up are very applicable 2 d former
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Ballmer: 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
Enahi:

Nope

If no is your answers ma'am how did you arrive at the conclusion that Ameachi must be guilty of the Corruption allegations levelled against him ? I am sure you bliv he was a saint when he was a member of the PDP in his first tenure right ? Ms take it softly make political tsunami no wash your yansh away o.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Enahi(f): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ballmer:

If no is your answers ma'am how did you arrive at the conclusion that Ameachi must be guilty of the Corruption allegations levelled against him ? I am sure you bliv he was a saint when he was a member of the PDP in his first tenure right ? Ms take it softly make political tsunami no wash your yansh away o.

If Amaechi is not guilty what's the need for the court order and whats the need for the long epistle. He doesnt need to write to the senate, he should go clear his name. Rubbish
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Skybee1(m): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
Pinkybush:
Good for him. He sold South-South right to become minister. tongue

na God wan punish m
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Enahi(f): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ballmer:

And that reminds me, why hasn't he come out openly to clear his name when he knows his image is been dented? Nonsense
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Enahi(f): 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
Eintelekt:
Amaechi is not even arguing for his innocence in the allegations. The guy just wants to be minister. Am I the only one smelling the gas?

That's why I believe he is guilty of the allegations, he doesn't need to start writing any rubbish letter to the senate if his hands are truly clean.

All he needs to do is give account of how the money was spent during the period in question.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by olumide81(m): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
mrjangaweed:

did you allowed Gej, diezani, etc to be proven guilty before calling them thieves?

bastard shameless hypocrite
for you to have called me bastard without knowing me from adam speaks volume of who you are...nairaland is a forum that tolerates different volume and opinion as the case maybe....father forgive him (supporter of APC)coz he does not know what he is saying
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by badohemmy(m): 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2015
olumide81:
mob action indeed...the process that brought about the allegations levelled against Amaechi deserves serious scrutiny to avoid creating a precedence, wike should go to court with those allegations if possible efcc or icpc as the case maybe

All the pple dat APC, Mohammed Lai (lie lie) and oshomole etc, hv been prosecuting on media wtout charging or arresting, we no de see dat 1...?
y una dey carry politics 4 head wen ds pple no even send u
na una sabi, me na look I de!!
both PDP, APC are all same!! U knw am correct!
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by SaintVico(m): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2015
It is now glaring that the EFCC is out for witchunting. After the investigtions and evidence againts this man, the EFCC is yet to pick him up.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Kbs468(m): 8:02pm On Oct 17, 2015
Pinkybush:
Good for him. He sold South-South right to become minister. tongue

What right did he sold? Are you not aware of the total vote announced for Buhari in south-south states in favour of GEJ? Meaning that inspite of his effort, you did not support his course. So what moral right do you have to even stop his nomination? Afterall PDP is not responsible for ministerial nomination
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Henryuchechi: 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
if amaechi eventually become minister,he will become a controversial minister
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Bimpe29: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2015
Don't worry Mr Minister, they are wasting their time ni.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by Ballmer: 10:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
Enahi:

And that reminds me, why hasn't he come out openly to clear his name when he knows his image is been dented? Nonsense

You go stubborn well well. What do you call all what he as been doing in the media ? Would you as an "Ameachi" chose to be tried in a court set up by Wike which Judge is also appointed by Wike ? Don't reply with your normal bravado, put your brain to work, that is what it's meant for. I wait your intelligent response. I bliv you have the brilliance to pull tru with a sensible submission. Pls do not prove me wrong.
Re: Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back by lizh(f): 12:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
Amaechi Is already a minister..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Elderly Woman In Bonny Campaigns For Abinye Blessing Pepple (Photo) / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo-Olu: 12th,13th,14th &15th Governors Of Lagos / Ambode Commissions Ojodu Berger Bridge (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.