Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? (5277 Views)

Who Is Linda Ikeji's Ex-Boyfriend She Is Engaged To? / BBNaija: Ahneeka Maryanne Iwuchukwu Is Linda Ikeji Red Carpet Presenter (Video) / Linda Ikeji So Beautiful As She Covers Thisday Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by jaxxy(m): 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
Guys I can say I've known linda for years(not personally) bt I Ws one one her starting up fans back then wen she barely cud replace her faulty laptop and sm1 in d diaspora had to send her a Brandnew Sony laptop and she Ws gushing about it.

Truth is dat linda loves blogging b4 the money and fame. she likes to share her life and stories and jist. She doesn't just do copy and paste stories like wot all dis funny bloggers are doing and I just laff. She Ws very interactive with her followers, humble, wud publicly apologize if she does post up new stuff untime due to delay and smtime fatigue lol. She even once said most of what she did were copied and paste and laff about it dat we shud bare with her cos she fagged out due to her day. Infact u go tru her her blog and u don't only get jist bt u also get to met d real linda as a person. It's Ws quite personal. I enjoyed it and got addicted so easily like many others now. I once contacted her personally also then. That Ws her style and it worked maybe cos she Ws a model or just her personality.

I only stop checking her blogs intentional cos it Ws becoming a distraction for my work then and also it lacked indept content more of jist and gossips dat I needed so I move over to Bellanaiga and even later didn't hv time to check Bloggs at all sef That Ws in 2009/10. Linda Ws still growing then.

There Ws an event in her blogging dat marked a turning point for her late 09 She reported an issues and it went viral smhow(d word viral wasn't in vogue or abused like it is now). Funny thing she only copied and pasted it from sm other Blogg or persons jist and like wild fire it caught everyone's attention(won't state d story for privacy reasons)everyone Ws asking who's linda? Even senators, multinationals and d likes. She did it innocently bt it Ws like magic. Since then her fan base more than tripled that and a couple of other things done rite created wot u see 2day and the rest is history I believe.

On her money she make loads majorly from adverts. Multinationals and d like see her fan base and patronize her. A friend did d Maths for me and I was shocked. See little linda of back then doing so well. I'm indeed happy for her. Well deserved!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2015
She may have other source of income apart from blogging I think everybody should have multiple sources of income. What if she is a big shareholder in one of the big companies, invest in mortgage and have other businesses she does without letting people know.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by gtrader: 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
How many companies buy advert space on nairaland? Go and check numbers of companies with advert space on Linda's blog. Companies partronize Linda while individuals buy AD space on nairaland. Quote me any where, Linda is way richer than Seun. Nairaland has traffic, Linda ikeji's blog has the money.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by telim: 10:25pm On Oct 17, 2015
Linda earn huge cash from ads because are blog naturally attrack quality traffics that converts alots and these make all of her advertisers to consistently place ads on her blog. An eye catchy ads on her blogs as high click true rate and high conversion, making advertisers earn huge ROI on their products and also have a list of their patronisers emails for retargeting purpose. The amount of money for an ad space depends on the quality of the traffics that visits a blog or forum and not the number of traffics. The major difference between nairaland and linda is that nairaland attracks poor traffics that do not convert alots while linda attracks quality traffics with a higher possibility of purchasing a product. These makes alot of companies to spend huge cash for placing their ads on linda, because it is profitable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by anonimi: 5:04am On Oct 18, 2015
telim:
Linda earn huge cash from ads because are blog naturally attrack quality traffics that converts alots and these make all of her advertisers to consistently place ads on her blog. An eye catchy ads on her blogs as high click true rate and high conversion, making advertisers earn huge ROI on their products and also have a list of their patronisers emails for retargeting purpose. The amount of money for an ad space depends on the quality of the traffics that visits a blog or forum and not the number of traffics. The major difference between nairaland and linda is that nairaland attracks poor traffics that do not convert alots while linda attracks quality traffics with a higher possibility of purchasing a product. These makes alot of companies to spend huge cash for placing their ads on linda, because it is profitable.

We haf hia you.

How many mansions on Banana Island do YOU think were built on ads revenue only?

Maybe you mean ass revenue. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by telim: 6:21am On Oct 18, 2015
anonimi:

We haf hia you.

How many mansions on Banana Island do YOU think were built on ads revenue only?

Maybe you mean ass revenue. ;
D
I have not being to banana Island, i dont know those that Live there and how they raise money to build mansion over there. I'm only explaining the possibility of linda generating huge revenue through ads on her website.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by anonimi: 6:42am On Oct 18, 2015
telim:
I have not being to banana Island, i dont know those that Live there and how they raise money to build mansion over there. I'm only explaining the possibility of linda generating huge revenue through ads on her website.

Please find out about mansions in Banana Island before making another RIDICULOUS comment and embarrassing yourself publicly. Na advice I dey give you oh.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Seun(m): 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
telim:
The major difference between nairaland and linda is that nairaland attracts poor traffics that do not convert alots while linda attracks quality traffics with a higher possibility of purchasing a product.
False. Gossip blogs don't attract high quality traffic. Nairaland's Targeted Ads are certainly more effective than the ads on Linda Ikeji's blog.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Sveen: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
Nairaland and Linda ikeji are certainly not on the same par in every ways, including the ads aspect.

If seun buy 1billion naira house today, we might not be aware because he isn't so engrossed with attention seeking and fame. He is rather business wise.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
Linda's adverts are over priced and more importantly, I believe she enjoys a lot of celebrity favour from rich friends who in turn enjoy free publicity from her blogs.

More importantly, she should give Nairaland credit for making her blog popular through the front page.

I remember there was this guy who always posts from Linda's blog. Can't remember the moniker now.
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by slimmyjimmy(m): 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
Seun:
False. Gossip blogs don't attract high quality traffic. Nairaland's Targeted Ads are certainly more effective than the ads on Linda Ikeji's blog.
wheres the money she gets from then?
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Djicemob: 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
Seun:
I thought so too
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by wman(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
Here is a quote from:

www.nairaland.com/2671314/price-linda-ikejis-house-banana/8#39084520

This guy made some calculations. I don't know how true they are but at least he did more mathematics on this issue than any other person I've seen on Nairaland.

Davindal:
To all the fools, witches, wizards, enemies of progress, nitwits, dumb-broke-asses, numskulls and slowpokes; doubting this very feat achieved by this young lady, this vibrant young Nigeria, this epitome of hardwork and hustling, this personification of “can do spirit”, this lady who has defied what seems to be the norm about our young ladies - I mean, spreading their legs before the could feed... #May you never smell good things in your lives.

I have been following this thread from the sidelines; and I have noticed that the most degrading comments have come from bunch of improvident and myopic fellows, who call themselves men(male); but inwardly they are worse than market women.

Why are you jealous of a lady, who is balling high? Most of you low-lifes have been disputing her blog earnings. Some of you have asked: “where is her husband?” As if having a husband is signatory to a fulfilled life on Earth; while there are so many married couples out there, with miserable life styles.

Let me remind you demented slowpokes. Linda started her blog way back - around 2006 or 7 - when blogging was virtually an unknown venture.
Then, she started it as a hubby. She didn't percieve or forsee the prospects of making money through blogging. It was more like a passion and fun to her; because it gives her joy doing it. Remember: it is only passion that keeps a person going in a kinda venture.

Furthermore, within a couple of years, people started requesting for Ads from. Infact, she was surprise when such was happening, because she didn't bargain for it. That made her to even enquire for Ad rates, from other people then; before she could come up with her own rates. Note: this was around 2009. Due to huge visits to her blog then, many companies started noticing her site, and infact started contacting her and queing up for Ad spaces on her blog - majority multinational companies.
It was the morney she was realizing then, that she used in building 2 big mansions for her parents in her village, and one for herself, plus cars etc.

Fast-farword to 2013, 2014 and now 2015. The blog keeps growing in popularity. Many more global companies are currently jostling for Ad spaces on her blog - if you doubt, visit her blog and see number of company banners.
She boast of more than a million visitors a day. So why won't foriegn companies beg for Ad spaces.

Let me give you doubters a brief insight of her earnings.

Check out all those banners; the least costs: N1000000.

Let me break it down a little more:
For leadboard(header), this part of her blog; she places only 2 banners, each at N9d0000 per month. The two companies banners to be placed there costs total is N1900000 a month.

For side bar Ads(top):

2 banners again at N500000 each for a month, that is N1000000.

For sidebar Ads(All site wide):

They are 30 in number, and each costs N400000 monthly. Then, that is N12000000 a month for all of them.

For sponsored posts;

She posts at minimum - 2 per day - at N50000 each. So the minimum of 2 is N100000 per day. Multiply this by average of 30 days in a month; you get N3000000.

For the one they call “page branding” :

She charges N1600000 per month.

So haters! Her total revenue fo direct advert alone is N19.5m monthly.

For her adsense revenue, I will not go detail on this, but in summary; she earns:
Cost Per Clic(CPC) X Click Through Rate(CTR)

14,700 x 0.45 = $6,615 daily.

Then in general, her monthly Adsense revenue is:

$6615 x 30 = $178,450(N39,690000) monthly.

So haters! See! Her total earning per month for now is:

N59,190,000. Per month.

So... If your are still in doubt; kindly contact her blog ads placement contact and hear for yourselves. You may pretend to be a PRO of a company and listent to charge quoting for you, or the send it as sms to your.

Please! Stop hating and ask God to bless your own hustles.

As for marriage, she will marry at God's appointed time.

#Quote me for a gibberish talk and die...idiots.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by wman(m): 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
And of course she could have other investments we so not know about.
It could also have been from a loan. Securing a loan won't be a difficult thing for her with her status.
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Codedrock(m): 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2015
Seun:
Was going through my following list and i saw this comment and i was amazed you could actually make response like this.
I remembered last year when a guy posted why linda is richer than Nairaland and the topic made frontpage a post which of full of insults to Nairaland talking about Nairaland visitors being kids and no mature people who responds to ads on Nairaland and more other stuffs like that. That post got tens of thousand views in which i believe many advertisers who hasn't tried Nairaland ads would be discouraged to put their ads on NL.
Only the comment section favored Nl and i believe only 50% readers read comments. That topic shouldn't have been moved to FP.
Bro, with this kinda Traffic the platform gets Nairaland by now should be a huge brand with a worth of $20m at least, Nairaland should by now have an office with at least 20 staffs not programmers only, staffs who would be in the marketing department,programming,moderation, and more , i would presume you are laying everything on being private but it aint like that, With this targeted ads system you could draw a lot of advertisers to Nairaland and with the introduction of new features and more the ads section could be like facebook 's ads system,, i have advertised on NL a lot and i know how quality the visits are. Bro if you can't do the showbiz for this platform you could hire someone who would. I am not as successful as you are and you are totally older than i am but i won't see anything bad in considering this advice of mine. And i even thought you once said very soon you won't be the one managing Nairaland anymore, looks like you still do though.
Anyways, bro you still owe me that interview and when are you gonna get back to me?? Please do..
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Confessng: 9:48am On Dec 01, 2015
Small causes great effects

The spiritual controls the physical

Modified
Djicemob hope u saw my response I don't want to be quoted

Djicemob:
Before you have my head and portray me as a hater as expected, hear me out.I love Linda,i admire/respect her hustle and most importantly,i'd love to marry her...lol.So My question is not born out of hatred,envy or jealousy but just plain curiousity of a complete novice in the blogging sphere...And maybe even draw some kind of genuine inspiration through feedbacks of intelligent nairalanders in-the-know of these things.

MY CURIOSITY
How is Linda Ikeji able to rack up so much money from a niche that is not unique to only her.We have over thousands of bloggers doing what she does? I mean! Gossip and entertainment news! really?

Do they(google or whatever/whoever is responsible) pay her thousands of naira for each reader that visits her blog?

How is she able to buy houses,cars and other expensive stuffs racking over half a billion naira altogether?

Does it have something to do with the number of visitors in her blog?

Is the number of people visiting her blog even half the number of people on africa's largest forum -nairaland?

Is the number of people that visit her blog in a day even up to the number that visits nairaland in one hour?

If its what am thinking,is it not safe to say the owner of nairaland is hundred times richer than her? Why does it seem the other way round?

IN CONCLUSION
Is there something the public dont know? Is there a secret to her mind boggling success,that other bloggers are yet to know,is it luck or just good ol hardwork?

I would love to learn something new today
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by youngambi(m): 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2015
benedictnsi:
Why so worried about someone who is not even bothered about you
u r a fool
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by shotster50(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2015
Ask her to show you her account balance too while you are still on it...
Re: Why Is Linda Ikeji So Excessively Rich? by Booty4me: 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

And so? undecided....people that own advertising agencies and media houses never buy house for Banana island.. come be this one....
Don't get me wrong, she makes money from adverts no doubt, but for you to shell out 850m comfortably to buy a house.... .haba na!... you sef think am na.

And who told you she paid the whole 850m? Ever heard of Mortgage

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out My Pics , Hope I’m Not Too Sexy For You All (pics) / I Have Chosen Not To Expose My Skin, Teni Says,calls Sister Niniola An Introvert / ACTOR Odunlade Adekola Keeps 'shooking' His Manhood Into Actresses 4 Movie Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.