Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud (1144 Views)

EFCC Detains NNPC Officials In Prison Over Fuel Diversion (photos) / EFCC Detains Ex-Governor Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-Billion Naira Fraud / EFCC Arrests Sacked NIMASA Boss Over Alleged Multibillion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by DickDastardly(m): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2015
A former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio, has returned to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for more questioning after he was allowed to go home Friday night.
Mr. Akpabio, who is also the incumbent minority leader of the Senate, arrived the EFCC at 11.45 am Saturday, accompanied by his counsel and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, Rikey Tarfa and some aides.
As soon as the former governor arrived at the commission, he was moved into the interrogation room, a source who pleaded not to be named because he is not authorised to speak on the issue, told PREMIUM TIMES.
Mr. Rickey Tarfa and aides to the former governor watched helplessly as the anti-graft operatives led Mr. Akpabio away.
Our source also hinted that the former governor might spend the day with the commission.
He is still been interrogated by crack detectives of the commission as at the time of filling this report.
Mr. Akpabio was arrested by the anti-graft agency on Friday afternoon and taken in for interrogation.
He was, however, allowed to go home late in the night but asked to report to the commission today (Saturday).
Shortly after he regained his freedom, Mr. Akpabio had given insight into why he was interrogated for several hours by EFCC operatives.
Speaking with a PREMIUM TIMES reporter shortly after he left the EFCC headquarters late on Friday night, Mr. Akpabio admitted that he was summoned by the anti-graft body to respond to several allegations of corruption against him.
He however said he was not arrested, but that he honoured the commission’s invitation voluntarily.
“A young lawyer from my state has been petitioning the EFCC accusing me of corruption,” the former governor said. “So shortly before I got involved in an accident in August, the EFCC summoned me to come and respond to the allegations.
“But following the accident, I wasn’t well enough to honour the EFCC summon. And I let them know.
“So today, since I’m now well, and the Senate did not sit, I decided to honour the EFCC so as to answer questions concerning the allegations against me.
“I wasn’t arrested. I walked in there myself and now I’m back at home. The EFCC operatives were professional. They asked questions, and I answered.”
Mr. Akpabio insisted the allegations against him were false, saying “those making the allegations do not understand how government works”.
The former governor, who is now Senate Minority Leader, said the lawyer who dragged him to the EFCC submitted at least four different petitions, and that it would take a while for him to respond to each of the allegations.
“So I will return to the EFCC again as necessary,” he said.
Mr. Akpabio added, “I am a law-abiding citizen, and whenever I’m summoned to answer questions about how I served my people, I will always respond.
“I urge everyone who has served in public office not to be afraid to explain what they did and how they served.”
Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/191665-breaking-efcc-detains-ex-governor-akpabio-again-over-alleged-multi-billion-naira-fraud.html

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by INTROVERT(f): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Ebubeslym(m): 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
Akpabio was an action Governor who worked and Chopped.
With the amount of money AkwaIbom recieves monthly from the centre,
I think Akpabio's chopping was directly proportional to his working.
Which made it hard to see his shady side.
Well, let the law decide.

And pls dont Quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by modath(f): 2:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
Akpabio wasn't re arrested, STOP IT.

He totally enjoyed the company of the EFCC operatives yesterday, so he took an afternoon stroll to Wuse 2 to chill with his guys... smiley

They've formed a good rapport & will be seeing more of one another for months to come..

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by jimikata(m): 2:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
Akpabio will end up in jail.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
He is still being questioned by ur writeup,and not detained

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by dunkem21(m): 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
Change the title of this thread to read ..

..Akpabio strolls to the EFCC again grin

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by modath(f): 2:17pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ebubeslym:
As a result of the amount AkwaIbom recieves monthly from the centre,

I think Akpabio's chopping was directly proportional to his working.
Which made it hard to see his shady side.
Well, let the law decide.

So in your books, the 50-50% sharing formula between him & AKS was commendable

Waoh!!!!!! You are a true black African, you will always get the leader you deserve.. undecided

I am quoting you! Whatcha goin do??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Ebubeslym(m): 2:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
modath:

So in your books, the 50-50% sharing formula between him & AKS was commendable

Waoh!!!!!! You are a true black African, you will always get the leader you deserve.. undecided

I am quoting you! Whatcha goin do??

oga sir, i am not in support of Akpabio's methods.
Try and read my post slowly this time.
Thnks.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by omenka(m): 2:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
modath:
Akpabio wasn't re arrested, STOP IT.

He totally enjoyed the company of the EFCC operatives yesterday, so he took an afternoon stroll to Wuse 2 to chill with his guys... smiley

They've formed a good rapport & will be seeing more of one another for months to come..

Someone goes to have lunch with Lamorde and congratulate his boys for the good works they've been doing and this Tinubu's propaganda media calls it an arrest. angry

When will Buhari arrest Tinubu, Amaechi and Fashola This is a complete witchunt!!angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by ricsman(m): 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
I believe he was told to go and come back today

no big deal... still answering the EFCC call

Mr. Akpabio insisted the allegations against him were false, saying “those making the allegations do not understand how government works”.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ete put your house in order...

Engage people to take care of your kids cos your Brothers & Uloma can't escape this too...

The Genesis of Akwa Ibom Liberation

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Teryfik(m): 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
omenka:
Someone goes to have lunch with Lamorde and congratulate his boys for the good works they've been doing and this Tinubu's propaganda media calls it an arrest. angry

When will Buhari arrest Tinubu, Amaechi and Fashola This is a complete witchunt!!angry
EFCCarrest FASHBABAit kant even happen in your dream.....quote me @ ur own PERIL
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by frankyychiji(f): 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
jimikata:
Akpabio will end up in jail.
You wish cheesy
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by omenka(m): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
Teryfik:
EFCCarrest FASHBABAit kant even happen in your dream.....quote me @ ur own PERIL
Hmmm.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by newheartub(m): 2:38pm On Oct 17, 2015
Some worst governor in this country are moving about freely no suspicious not to talk of invited them by efcc. And why always be Akpabio of all people
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by midolian(m): 2:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
Dickdastardly, wetin Akpabio do you? grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by babdap: 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
Nobody should call it winch hunting

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by QuotaSystem: 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
Level those charges, the era of impunity has endended.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Aromas: 3:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
Ebubeslym:

I think Akpabio's chopping was directly proportional to his working. so you support him in dis?
Which made it hard For who EFCC or ICPC bros dis Buhari era o grin

Now I don quote you
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Stephansmily(f): 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
My good ppl of Naija..which way??

He must have forgotten his wallet or sumtin...dats why he was invited again. Akpabio can't be detained.. we all know he was merely invitedgrin He can't be arrested in a country where stealing is not corruption, ask Buhari and Amaechi, dey know wat am saying.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by sampsun(m): 3:24pm On Oct 17, 2015
I have nothing against PMB anti corruption crusade.
I have noticed with keen interest with the trend at which EFCC are going after political opponents.

First it was Sule Lamido of Jigawa state, a staunch PDP ally.

Now it is Akpabio of Akwa ibom another PDP bulldog.

If not a case of pure vendetta,why r people like Ameachi,Fashola that sank a borehole for 139,000,000mil;still cripping through the streets freely?

Proudly a wailing wailer.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Detains Akpabio Again Over Alleged Multi-billion Naira Fraud by Stephansmily(f): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2015
Rt General Lalasticlala, akpabio needs your help. The people must see this! Obinoscopy, call ur men to order

(1) (Reply)

See President Buhari Chatting With Eaglets On Skype / The Full Histroy And Introduction Of The Republic Of Biafra / HID Awolowo's Corpse Arrives Oyo State As Gov Ajimobi Receives The Corpse(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.