Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,681 members, 7,831,115 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria (62569 Views)

Meet The Biggest Male Student In ESUT (Photos) / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Johnsonpa: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
0955eb027:
hmmm! Ok... But d tin s, university of ilorin will swallow O.A.U(fact)
I just wonder why you people place your judgement on an empty knowledge...did you ever searched for the size of OAU landmass before you started commenting wrongly...
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by samopeyemi: 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
FUNAAB- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta has a land mass of 10,000 hectares.

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by dayo23(f): 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
Olamilekan08:
In case you don't know, Unilorin has a landmass of 15,000 Ha. Which is the highest figure claimed by a University that I've ever come by.
Pls next time make a thorough and objective research so you won't be bias.
http://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=11065
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cigrjournal.org/index.php/Ejounral/article/view/1372/1260&sa=U&ved=0CAoQFjACOApqFQoTCNrxzfmTzMgCFUHHGgoda28BqA&usg=AFQjCNHUfg7Sv9T7xbP02-5g4Xz3SiPQ7g

unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/component/content/article/237-unilorinnews/3731-building-a-campus-like-no-other-2?highlight=WyJoZWN0YXJlcyJd
And one interesting thing is that Unilorin "embarked on a massive project of 10,000 hectares of oil Palm plantation to invest in the future and generate another oil revenue for the nation. The Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala, was on our campus on Thursday, May 15, 2014 to inaugurate the project”. Take note, that that plantation is situated on the campus and 'swallows' the whole of ABU.
unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/en/component/content/article/237-unilorinnews/4115-ambali-seeks-better-synergy-between-researchers-investors?highlight=WyJoZWN0YXJlcyJd
any institution can claim any figure as long as it is big, fact is ABU and OAU has been confirmed worldwide even in Harvard library ABU Zaria was stated as the second largest after university of Cairo, in Africa. That what is recognized worldwide
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2971634_c9585f17d03d564be1c4fcb230dac9071bab52fd_jpeg3c86b0bb2b149d366e08e1a17a59b913

That image is not of any Nigerian unversity. Sh*t! Nigerian universities are all filthy sh*ts

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by OsamaB: 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
HomieQuan:
its true ai...its on wikipedia

Wikipedia is not a valid source of research or info because it can be create and edited by anyone
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
Bimpe29:

This is not true at all, Unilorin is the biggest.
The University of Ilorin is located in the
ancient city of Ilorin, about 500 kilometres
from Abuja, the Federal capital. Ilorin, the
Capital of Kwara State, is strategically located
at the geographical and cultural confluence of
the North and South with a land mass of
75,000 (approximate) hectare.
Shut up and stop making noise jare!
It is what everybody has known and it is non-argueable that ABU has the largest university campus in the sub-saharan africa while OAU follows....stop ur critics.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by shidof(m): 3:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
WIZGUY69:
I can attest to that, the first time I passed the front of the institution on my way to funtua (katsina state). I was like 'na one local govt this people use do university o) grin and the school is very beautiful. (not up to my oau though wink)
u must be joking, nt btful lyk OAU, I've been to both school and I'm telling u dt OAU is nowhere near ABU in terms of beauty.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by shidof(m): 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2015
Proudly an Abusite.. .

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by treachiz(m): 3:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
ekenedavidity:
I don't believe it u guys should check well . I believe FUTO is one of the biggest universities
Uniport try small sha!! Unique Uniport
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by meekmellor: 4:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
grin...LASU rocks...wey ma fellow LASUITES?

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Kunlexic(m): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
As far as I am concerned,this my own judgement The largest institution campus can be found in *mapoly Abeokuta *babcock,Ilisan *yabatech and Al-Hikmah Uni
Accept it or leave it
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by ictrepublic: 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
I know FUNAAB is over 10,000 hectares.So, how come 7000 is the biggest?

2 Likes

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Youngsage: 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
damton:
This kind of school makes schools like university of Lagos look like a department.

grin grin grin grin
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by sunx190(m): 4:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
damton:
This kind of school makes schools like university of Lagos look like a department.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by baruzeez(m): 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
Dayg88:

Seems you're high.
I finished from OAU and presently a team member in the construction of the NLNG engineering lab and I've gone round the whole school and can authoritatively tell you that unilorin is like a lecture theatre in OAU. Always get your facts right
common sense is though tagged to be common but the fact is that it is 'uncommon', I told you make Google ya friend since u can't Wikipedia it I've already done dat for you now
Oau: 11,861 hectares
Unilorin: 15,000 hectares
Sources: oauife.edu.ng, Wikipedia and unilorin.edu.ng

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 4:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
Kikikikikiki!

When other serious people are talking of quality and maximising use of space, 9ja people are talking of size. Schools with tiny campuses like UCL, LSE, King's College, Imperial College, all in London, keep churning out discoveries and Nobel Prize winners. So are Oxbridge schools.

Sorbonne, ETZ, Heidelberg, Bologna and other notable universities are not different.

Even American universities with relatively larger campuses don't depend on size to excel.

Make the best use of what you have, size is irrelevant. Just like a man's third lower limb. cheesy grin grin
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
Catalyst4real:
[b]That is my main problem with students from schools in the East and West.
They are wallowing in so much pride.

Taking pride in Futility and inexistent trivialities.
Thats why Northerners are always smarter, wiser and more Intellectual.

Because, an Average Igbo man will underestimate a Hausa man.
You call them "Ewu-Hausa" (Hausa goat) and all types of derogatory names.

You think they're stewpid and incapable of attaining great heights.

It is that contempt that makes you blind to their potentials.
In disguise they are excelling, but you won't see it, because you don't expect excellence from them.

This Tribalism and regionalism is what is Killing us, it has eaten deep into our souls.

You see a university that is the biggest in Nigeria and second largest in Africa

Normally you're expected to tap your chest and say yes, my country is taking the lead.

But No you won't, because the development is not coming from your region.

This is paralysing, and until we learn to unitedly appreciate progress as a nation, irrespective of where it is coming from, we will always be estranged to Growth[/b].

Ewu-hausa how far?

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Olamilekan08(m): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
dayo23:
any institution can claim any figure as long as it is big, fact is ABU and OAU has been confirmed worldwide even in Harvard library ABU Zaria was stated as the second largest after university of Cairo, in Africa. That what is recognized worldwide
Would you please back up your claim and let us cross-check.
There are also external souces that support my claim. Check the first to link there.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by boxypane(m): 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2015
ekenedavidity:
I don't believe it u guys should check well . I believe FUTO is one of the biggest universities
Wit Land Mass?
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by sunx190(m): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2015
On google some said unilag occupy 700 and some 802 ...who to believe?

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by gennykdb(m): 4:55pm On Oct 18, 2015
P
ekenedavidity:
stop believing and come up wit ur own facts...if u dont agree prove ur point...
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Yhemit(m): 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
baruzeez:
make Google ya friend and stop ranting like an insane dog
Fact: unilorin is bigger than Oau
Anoda fact: ABU is bigger than Unilorin

God punish for using that foul language on me, did I abuse you in anyway..... abeg that's why we have freedom of expression. Unreasonable soul
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by SlyCharlie(m): 5:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
treachiz:
Uniport try small sha!! Unique Uniport
Lol... Which Uniport?
The one i know or another one?....
Any way thumbs up to ABU...
Meanwhile FUTO is also big..
Should definitely be among the top 10....

repping the biggest and best technological university in west Africa

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by viktor88: 5:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
ABU is the bigest bt nt the best
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by gennykdb(m): 5:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
handie:
Does this size make it the best university in Nigeria? #BigForNothing. Or does it's size eliminate that annoying Hausa accent that's present in at least 75% of their graduates?
wen I hear comments like urs I weep for nigeria...ur country is given world recognition for somthing good, but because it wasnt achieved in ur village u hate...while u nurse dis blind deep bad blood for ur own race, other countries strive to break new grounds in science, technology and to make life better for ur black ass and the world at large...
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by liqwidice: 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
ekenedavidity:
hear yourself..."One of the" go get urself updated..ABU is he largest in subsaharan Africa.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by emmieluv: 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
proud to be an Abusite shocked
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Gbengais(m): 5:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
@OP.. pls get your facts right before posting poo on here.. Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta is occupies , whooping 10,000h hectres..
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by serendipityF: 5:54pm On Oct 18, 2015
Proudly an Alumnus of ABU...#naturallyahead
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by baruzeez(m): 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
Yhemit:

God punish for using that foul language on me, did I abuse you in anyway..... abeg that's why we have freedom of expression. Unreasonable soul
actually I was unreasonable there and I'm really sorry. But cmon get your facts right before posting on a public forum like dis

1 Like

Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by serendipityF: 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
Wch 1 we go believe now undecided?

ictrepublic:
I know FUNAAB is over 10,000 hectares.So, how come 7000 is the biggest?
paulsir:
Funaab has a land mass of 40k hectares.How did i know you will say?,i was a student there.i remember a course PCP in which you will get your farm by shooting a catapult or are you saying a school that that the jungle housed a tiger like animal is not big enough.Although i rep BU.
Re: ABU: The Biggest University In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
0955eb027:
@op, hw did u cum abt ur lìst?

This is not a list but a fact , ABU is the biggest university in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Turkiye Burslari/Turkish Scholarship Invitation For Interview? / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos / Greenfield University School Fees (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.