Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,359 members, 7,843,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? (6522 Views)

Igbos Will Suffer If They Eventually Get Biafra - Apc’s National Treasurer / Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal / Treasurer Looters Vs Pickpockets: EFCC Posted This On its Facebook Timeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by StOla: 8:59pm On Oct 18, 2015
kayvandutch:
Yes it claimed it was from trafficking,I posted an excerpt from the forfeiture.Stop being lazy and read or do you expect me to spoon feed you too.

No where in court records did anyone claim any money to be forfeited was from drug trafficking.

You stop being lazy and re-read the very popular court records we are all aware of.

And stop making claims in your head without facts, so you won't end up having a libel suit slammed against your empty head a la AIT.

Present your facts and stop with the suppositions.
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by Alphaoscar: 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2015
kayvandutch:
Yes it claimed it was from trafficking,I posted an excerpt from the forfeiture.Stop being lazy and read or do you expect me to spoon feed you too.

And you believe it is possible for US to certify someone as a drug trafficker without convicting him/her? You are dueling on issues you are ignorant of. Better go to bed now before you finally eggwash your ignorance.
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
StOla:

No where in court records did anyone claim any money to be forfeited was from drug trafficking.

You stop being lazy and re-read the very popular court records we are all aware of.

And stop making claims in your head without facts, so you won't end up having a libel suit slammed against your empty head a la AIT.

Present your facts and stop with the suppositions.
Its now why I see why Nigerian leaders were able to steal $400 billion since independence,there are so many fools in the country.Try to show them something simple and the reason like fools and defends thieves.
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by StOla: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2015
kayvandutch:
Its now why I see why Nigerian leaders were able to steal $400 billion since independence,there are so many fools in the country.Try to show them something simple and the reason like fools and defends thieves.

You are the fool who thinks others are fools like you.

You think the US is a banana republic where anything goes?

Show us the facts that whatever money that was forfeited was from drug trafficking or scurry back to the rat hole you came from.

I don't owe Tinubu any loyalty, but don't pull shit from arse and expect me to parrot it with you as chocolate.

Facts or shutup.
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by Alphaoscar: 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
kayvandutch:

You sound pained and defeated!
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
StOla:

You are the fool who thinks others are fools like you.

You think the US is a banana republic where anything goes?

Show us the facts that whatever money that was forfeited was from drug trafficking or scurry back to the rat hole you came from.

I don't owe Tinubu any loyalty, but don't pull shit from arse and expect me to parrot it with you as chocolate.

Facts or shutup.
I presented the link to the court records of Tinubu forfeiting $460k in USA.Do you want me to take you to the court as well,introduce you to the judge and prosecutor as well?I showed an excerpt from the conviction.
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
Alphaoscar:

You sound pained and defeated!
The United States of America, by its attorney, Michael J. Shepard, United States Attorney for Northern District of Illinois, for its verified complaint of forfeiture, states as follows:

1. This is a FORFEITURE action under 21 U.S.C , ss88 and 18, ss 981.....
2. The DEFENDANT funds are located in the above-described accounts and were SEIZED pursuant to PROCESS ISSUED BY THIS COURT....
4.... beginning as early as 1998, Adegboyega Mueez Akande, WITH OTHERS OPERATED a organiszation (sic) which DISTRIBUTED WHITE HEROIN, a controlled substance under Title 21 of the United States Code.
5.... this DISTRIBUTION OPERATION was conducted on a LARGE SCALE and the PROCEEDS of the operation SUBSTANTIAL. The defendant funds represent proceeds of this OPERATION of property involved in MONEY LAUNDERING.
6.... the defendant funds represent proceeds of NARCOTICS TRAFFICKING ... and ... MONEY LAUNDERING..... the funds are therefore FOREFEITABLE to the United States....

JUDGEMENT:
j... Neither a claim nor answer has been filed on behalf of the defendant funds .... accordingly, it hereby
ORDERED that the funds in the AMOUNT of $460,000 in account.... in the name of BOLA TINUBU represents proceeds of NARCOTICS or were involved in financial transactions in violation
of 18 U.S.C ss 1956 and 1957 and therefore these funds are forfeit to the United States
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by prestigediva1: 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
Big fool how market...during PDP 16yrs dispensation..what were they doing not to have investigate and indict Jagaban of our time.....since he was. the nightmare in your horror dreams...the Jagaban you couldn't stop while in power and now u wanna stop him with your childish propaganda...you too cheap pig dig pit

quote author=IGBOSON1 post=39088337]

^^^The fool is not interested in how Tinubu came about his wealth, but instead is getting a bone/r and showing his rotten teeth over the purported arrest of someone seeking self-determination for his people via a referendum!

You couldn't make it up! [/quote]
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
prestigediva1:
Big fool how market...during PDP 16yrs dispensation..what were they doing not to have investigate and indict Jagaban of our time.....since he was. the nightmare in your horror dreams...the Jagaban you couldn't stop while in power and now u wanna stop him with your childish propaganda...you too cheap pig dig pit

quote author=IGBOSON1 post=39088337]

^^^The fool is not interested in how Tinubu came about his wealth, but instead is getting a bone/r and showing his rotten teeth over the purported arrest of someone seeking self-determination for his people via a referendum!

You couldn't make it up!
Tinubu forfeited $460K as proceeds of narcotics to USA.
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by Alphaoscar: 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
kayvandutch:

The United States of America, by its attorney, Michael J. Shepard, United States Attorney for Northern District of Illinois, for its verified complaint of forfeiture, states as follows:

1. This is a FORFEITURE action under 21 U.S.C , ss88 and 18, ss 981.....
2. The DEFENDANT funds are located in the above-described accounts and were SEIZED pursuant to PROCESS ISSUED BY THIS COURT....
4.... beginning as early as 1998, Adegboyega Mueez Akande, WITH OTHERS OPERATED a organiszation (sic) which DISTRIBUTED WHITE HEROIN, a controlled substance under Title 21 of the United States Code.
5.... this DISTRIBUTION OPERATION was conducted on a LARGE SCALE and the PROCEEDS of the operation SUBSTANTIAL. The defendant funds represent proceeds of this OPERATION of property involved in MONEY LAUNDERING.
6.... the defendant funds represent proceeds of NARCOTICS TRAFFICKING ... and ... MONEY LAUNDERING..... the funds are therefore FOREFEITABLE to the United States....

JUDGEMENT:
j... Neither a claim nor answer has been filed on behalf of the defendant funds .... accordingly, it hereby
ORDERED that the funds in the AMOUNT of $460,000 in account.... in the name of BOLA TINUBU represents proceeds of NARCOTICS or were involved in financial transactions in violation
of 18 U.S.C ss 1956 and 1957 and therefore these funds are forfeit to the United States

You are beating about the bush. Was Tinubu convicted of drug peddling or listed among the drug peddlers?
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Alphaoscar:

You are beating about the bush. Was Tinubu convicted of drug peddling or listed among the drug peddlers?
[size=16pt]Neither a claim nor answer has been filed on behalf of the defendant funds .... accordingly, it hereby
ORDERED that the funds in the AMOUNT of $460,000 in account.... in the name of BOLA TINUBU represents proceeds of NARCOTICS or were involved in financial transactions in violation of 18 U.S.C ss 1956 and 1957 and therefore these funds are forfeit to the United States[/size]
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by mikolo80: 2:05am On Oct 19, 2015
IGBOSON1:
It's this double-standards that's the hallmark of 'one Nigeria'! Nobody is asking any questions or wants to know how he came about his stupendous wealth, yet they want Diezani and others who happen to be 'on the other side of the divide' to account for every last kobo in their bank accounts!

Timpre Sylva, IBB, Abacha, Abdulsalami, Atiku, OBJ......nobody is saying anything about these peeps, most of whom between them control a very large chunk of the nations economic opportunities and stolen/misappropriated wealth!

The 2015 presidential elections was all about retrieving power from the 'usurpers' and returning it back to 'where it belongs'!
what is double standard in loser paying the price due to wrong strategy of incompetence and stoopid nepotism (emphasis on the stoopid)
right and wrong is always relative
why are they on the 'wrong 'side
never stay on the loosing side
if they were wise they would have shared the money like apc did and remained immune to prosecution
same way communism lost out to superior argument
Re: How did Former Treasurer Of Mobil and Drug Trafficker Tinubu Acquire His Wealth? by StOla: 7:33am On Oct 19, 2015
kayvandutch:
I presented the link to the court records of Tinubu forfeiting $460k in USA.Do you want me to take you to the court as well,introduce you to the judge and prosecutor as well?I showed an excerpt from the conviction.

Did I claim ignorance of any forfeiture?

Does your link also state that the monies in the account was from money laundering?

That is the question you cannot answer.

Does that surprise me? No!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kate Henshaw Caught By Aljazeera In Electoral Bribery Biggest Scandal (photos) / Federal Government Stops G S M Lotteries In Nigeria / Cancer On The Rise, But Treatment Costs N0.5m Monthly In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.