Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

7 Reasons Youths Go To Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church (26134 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / 7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by ednut1(m): 10:28am On Oct 18, 2015
Charge fone
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by RichThug(m): 10:29am On Oct 18, 2015
grin grin looool i am 2, 5 and 7
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Fernandowski(m): 10:29am On Oct 18, 2015
Am currently in the church with my phone and system for recharging grin
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by businessline: 10:31am On Oct 18, 2015
Go to church

see more here www.nigeriacamera.net
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by tonimendo: 10:32am On Oct 18, 2015
adeaks:
Those that go to church just to leave the house

Some people cannot stay at home on Sundays because of the inevitable questions. Do you know those elderly neighbours/uncles that would ask you every Sunday if you went to church and if your answer was no, would proceed to lecture you for hours. Well some people go to church just so that those people can see them as leaving the house on a Sunday. They have no absolutely no interest in the service but can't afford to be seen as staying at home on a Sunday.

9. - Those that go to church to play Candy Crush

This is becoming very common now. I attend a very popular church in Lagos, and for the past two Sundays, I have had the misfortune of sitting beside guys who spent the WHOLE service playing candy crush. It seems when some people get to levels they can't pass in candy crush, they take it to church hoping the anointing in the atmosphere will somehow help them break those levels.

10. The selfie Champions.

If you go to a big church with very fine lighting and decor you would understand this. After the last service on Sundays, there are some strategic spots in the auditorium where people congregate to take selfies. Some people go to church specifically for those after service selfies. In fact they won't miss it for anything. Whether they gained anything at all from the service matters little once they can get those beautiful pictures.... of course you know ninety percent of them are ladies grin

And there are people like myself who observe all these while still participating actively in the service. cool cheesy wink
true talk
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by otabuko(m): 10:32am On Oct 18, 2015
Jollyjoy:
cheesy,the confused ones,these set of people dont knw why they are going to church..

The dancers,this set of people go to church mainly to dance,have done this before especially when something unexpected happen..

The browsers,oooh if the sermon is boring,at times na to dey doze remain,we are all quilty of this shacheesycheesy
the dancers go to church to show their clothing....new clothings especially.
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 18, 2015
emusmith:

Sub Topic: 7 Reasons 21st Century Young Folks Go To Church

Is Tosyne2much around? In some areas, he is guilty of these. As for Naijaboiy, I guess he is a Sunday-Sunday attendie grin

Youths of these days are so organised, their days are well-planned, even on a Sunday!

If by coercion or free will they come, then there is a reason:

1. Their Upbringing

Trust me, the culture of attending Church on a Sunday morning has eaten deep into many young folks that their DNA responds to it by default. They go just because they were brought up that way. Right now, they are losing their drive because they are no longer within their parent's radar. University stress has kept them busy.

2. To free themselves of the boredom of their dad's house

Some, their parents have placed them under "House arrest" or maybe they live in an estate that going out always warrant series of questioning, especially when their parents attend 'AG or DLBC'... Going to church is a great opportunity to see the outside world in reality and not through NL or FB wink

3. To chit chat with friends and gossip mates

Haha...some have more friends in church than outside. Don't think the friends really positively adding to their lives. Those friends of hers gossip everyone from a cute standing usher to the pastor's wife. Funny, guys have such friends too but their discussion revolve around politics to football. Few times, young ladies...

4. To seek after and serve God in spirit and in truth

Many are called but few are chosen ba? Back then, youths were on fire for God but these days, "Updating Dp in Church"...the other day, two ushers were taking a photo in church and I was 'begged' to do it. I was like... Warris dis? The other day too, me sef found myself doing it. Bad influence! Mtcheew!
Only few of my kind are left tho! grin who is on my side? cool

5. To chase girls and Attract Potential Guys

Some guys sha! They've taken their ministry to the 'permanent sight', even to the church. Convincing Sisters to visit them for evening fellowship: there are some invitations that should be turned down. (Remember: He that causeth one of these lil ones to fall, it's better a milestone is placed around his neck and he be drowned in the sea). Whatever that means, it is scary and it looks like Hell has a new software, Hell 2.0 sad

Those ladies sha, with short gowns and skirts, Brazilian hair flowing around and entering your eyes during hot prayer session. Haba! You'll see them looking back to see the current state of their next "maga". They like songs like, "I waka waka, no one no one...I turned around no one no one..." What an opportunity to scan the perimeter for a potential "cute shark" tongue

6. Because They Have Nowhere Else To Go

Yea, they have no where else to go. If they had, you wouldn't see them in church. Have you heard excuses like, "I was washing", "I was reading", "I didn't have money", "I was playing football"? etc
That's the excuse given by youths who go to church because they have no where else to go or nothing to do. When they do, they simply and easily brushed it aside. End Time Is Here O!

7. To display their newest clothes, hairstyle and shoes

When everyone had all their attention on the Pastor, I heard a distracting sound heading towards my direction. I thought I was in the spirit? Who could be moving around when a Message this hot is going on. The figure I saw, one slim girl like that; just there to cause distraction and display her new shoes and perhaps new hair. Was so pissed! Must you cat walk on high-heels in the middle of a Service? Knowing people will stare? Before you know again, they'll go out to wee, just to display...

Well, by now you know where you fall.

You can add more. smiley

For refreshments...

Most churches give refreshments to new attandees, so one can regularly hump from church to church for free Sunday breakfast.
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Idrismusty97(m): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2015
To take pics and just chase girls. Anytime it's Sunday you see youths in their suits or best cloths posing for pictures.
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by RichThug(m): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2015
cry
tonimendo:
true talk
angry
tonimendo:
true talk
soo u quote all these juz to say true talk? may GOD bless ur brain.
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by bblacky(f): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2015
Those ones in band group just come to play the instruments, just ask them the topic for the day them no knw......

I amguilty of the phone charging......True, rarely though.....

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Highcuerayte: 10:37am On Oct 18, 2015
Dammytrager:
No 1 is so true, majority of our parents introduce church and not Christ to us.

No 8. When Exam is around the corner, Students Una try
The only comment with sense on this thread. God bless you
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2015
Some of us go to church to see how tithes get to the Sky god
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Johnnoo(m): 10:55am On Oct 18, 2015
@emusmith; point of correction, the topic should be 7 reasons why ungodly youths go to church
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by passionate88: 10:57am On Oct 18, 2015
8: Because they were invited.
9: To witness a friend's child dedication
10: Wedding Thanksgiving

No. 8 nd 9 na me be that, I never attend thanksgiving service before.
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by MizFrances(f): 11:05am On Oct 18, 2015
[quote author=emusmith post=39089492]

Those ladies sha, with short gowns and skirts, Brazilian hair flowing around and entering your eyes during hot prayer session. Haba! You'll see them looking back to see the current state of their next "maga". They like songs like, "I waka waka, no one no one...I turned around no one no one..." What an opportunity to scan the perimeter for a potential "cute shark" tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by dtermined(m): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2015
SEE THIS: Ronaldo breaks Another Real Madrid Scoring Record

http://infogistz..com.ng/2015/10/see-this-ronaldo-breaks-another-real.html
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by tgmservice: 11:13am On Oct 18, 2015
To pray 4 their bet - this one is common among sport betters who play weekend games. If they won their saturday games and have some roll over Sunday games they will bring it to church hoping for gods intervention

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 18, 2015
Some graduates will be looking for a church that rich folks worship to also worship there.While the guyz will worship there to catch several sugar mummy's or big men for jobs,the ladies will be looking for a sugardaddy for husband or financial assistance in kind.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by tosyne2much(m): 11:21am On Oct 18, 2015
StepTwo post=3.9090128:
emus.mith and tosyne2much , very soon nairaland no go fit contain una reasons again.

una d weldone sha.
baba no mind us jawe cheesy

Happy Sunday boss cool
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by tosyne2much(m): 11:22am On Oct 18, 2015
tgmservice:
To pray 4 their bet - this one is common among sport betters who play weekend games. If they won their saturday games and have some roll over Sunday games they will bring it to church hoping for gods intervention
Hahahahahaha roflwkmd lmao cheesy
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 18, 2015
bblacky:
Those ones in band group just come to play the instruments, just ask them the topic for the day them no knw......

I amguilty of the phone charging......True, rarely though.....
Churches deliberately mount wall sockets on the wall and pillars of their church so as to gather more members.This days,churches don't count the numbers of soul they win for christ,they count the number of congregations that comes every sundays and try to increase it so that tithes and offering will increase.
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by tosyne2much(m): 11:31am On Oct 18, 2015
Idrismusty97:
To take pics and just chase girls. Anytime it's Sunday you see youths in their suits or best cloths posing for pictures.
Na dat category u sef belong abi ? tongue
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Revolva(m): 11:37am On Oct 18, 2015
I like dis topic the best ever for 2015

Notin bad to go to church it's not my way of lifem...church is full of sadist n demonic minded people ignoramus....zombie mentality dats why theyget brainwashed easily.....mind u ashewo thief con artist full church
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 18, 2015
[quote author=MizFrances post=39100034][/quote]

Spoke someone's mind... smiley
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by dihno4real(m): 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
those who attend church service just to play instruments, and when there's none, they zoom off...
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by StepTwo: 12:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
tosyne2much:
baba no mind us jawe cheesy

Happy Sunday boss cool
wish ya even more, Bro.
a pleasant one to you
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by tbmas(m): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
I have made it up not to take my phone for Sunday service again. Self control, it reduces ways d devil will distract you.
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by bamirotola: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
emusmith:

Is Tosyne2much around? In some areas, he is guilty of these. As for Naijaboiy, I guess he is a Sunday-Sunday attendie grin

Youths of these days are so organised, their days are well-planned, even on a Sunday!

If by coercion or free will they come, then there is a reason:

1. Their Upbringing

Trust me, the culture of attending Church on a Sunday morning has eaten deep into many young folks that their DNA responds to it by default. They go just because they were brought up that way. Right now, they are losing their drive because they are no longer within their parent's radar. University stress has kept them busy.

2. To free themselves of the boredom of their dad's house

Some, their parents have placed them under "House arrest" or maybe they live in an estate that going out always warrant series of questioning, especially when their parents attend 'AG or DLBC'... Going to church is a great opportunity to see the outside world in reality and not through NL or FB wink

3. To chit chat with friends and gossip mates

Haha...some have more friends in church than outside. Don't think the friends really positively adding to their lives. Those friends of hers gossip everyone from a cute standing usher to the pastor's wife. Funny, guys have such friends too but their discussion revolve around politics to football. Few times, young ladies...

4. To seek after and serve God in spirit and in truth

Many are called but few are chosen ba? Back then, youths were on fire for God but these days, "Updating Dp in Church"...the other day, two ushers were taking a photo in church and I was 'begged' to do it. I was like... Warris dis? The other day too, me sef found myself doing it. Bad influence! Mtcheew!
Only few of my kind are left tho! grin who is on my side? cool

5. To chase girls and Attract Potential Guys

Some guys sha! They've taken their ministry to the 'permanent sight', even to the church. Convincing Sisters to visit them for evening fellowship: there are some invitations that should be turned down. (Remember: He that causeth one of these lil ones to fall, it's better a milestone is placed around his neck and he be drowned in the sea). Whatever that means, it is scary and it looks like Hell has a new software, Hell 2.0 sad

6. Because They Have Nowhere Else To Go

Yea, they have no where else to go. If they had, you wouldn't see them in church. Have you heard excuses like, "I was washing", "I was reading", "I didn't have money", "I was playing football"? etc
That's the excuse given by youths who go to church because they have no where else to go or nothing to do. When they do, they simply and easily brushed it aside. End Time Is Here O!

7. To display their newest clothes, hairstyle and shoes

When everyone had all their attention on the Pastor, I heard a distracting sound heading towards my direction. I thought I was in the spirit? Who could be moving around when a Message this hot is going on. The figure I saw, one slim girl like that; just there to cause distraction and display her new shoes and perhaps new hair. Was so pissed! Must you cat walk on high-heels in the middle of a Service? Knowing people will stare? Before you know again, they'll go out to wee, just to display...

Well, by now you know where you fall.

You can add more. smiley
May God save your soul....
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by Etizz: 12:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
Me as a youth, I go to church because I will feel so guilty being at home, Secondly, I seek the face of God in my life, I seek for forgiveness, and it's always d only opportunity I get to read my Bible........
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by tomzee2(f): 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
I can't quite remember when last I was in church, but with this article presented here i think I will resume......

NOTE: I will be going to do number 4 oh
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by clevvermind(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
some people go to church when their conji level is very high. grin
Re: 7 Reasons Youths Go To Church by awesome11(m): 1:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jollyjoy:
cheesy,the confused ones,these set of people dont knw why they are going to church..

The dancers,this set of people go to church mainly to dance,have done this before especially when something unexpected happen..

The browsers,oooh if the sermon is boring,at times na to dey doze remain,we are all quilty of this shacheesycheesy

You concluded too hastily. Not every one is guilty of that act. And by the way, dancing is a very crucial aspect of worship. It's not bad when you go to church mainly to dance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Preachers Avoid Songs Of Solomon? / I Have Been Singing Gospel Songs In My Dreams / Prophet Olujobi: Osinbajo Will Be President In 2023. Kanu, Igboho To Be Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.