Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,325 members, 7,829,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers (34837 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers / 6 Reasons God Wants You To Prosper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by hotice01: 9:14am On Oct 18, 2015
Aside Number 4....... Your reasons are flawed.
Don't mistake Religiousness for Christianity.Trying to fight for God or justify him has been the major cause of societal troubles in recent times.
God is love,HE CAN DELAY THE ANSWERS TO YOUR PRAYER BUT WILL NEVER DENY YOU.HE ALWAYS ANSWERS.
HE NEVER LOOKS ONLY ON MAN'S RIGHTEOUSNESS TO BLESS HIS BUT MOST TIMES HIS LOVE.
Matthew 7:7-14.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by eaccyboy(m): 9:14am On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:
The simple answer is because god doesn't exist. Can any one show me a photograph of god?
must u comment in our tinz...u post ur unbelieving things we don't coment...pls stay off Jesus children post

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by crackhouse(m): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2015
Noted
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by walethb(m): 9:15am On Oct 18, 2015
nawaiioo ;Dnawaiioo
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by madridguy(m): 9:17am On Oct 18, 2015
Three Tough Questions?

There was a young man who went overseas to study for quite a long time.
When he returned, he asked his parents to find him a religious scholar
or any expert who could answer his 3 Questions. Finally, his parents
were able to find a Muslim scholar.

Young man: Who are you? Can you answer my questions?

Scholar: I am one of Allah (Subhan Wa Ta`ala )'s slaves and Insha-Allah
(God willing), I will be able to answer your questions.

Young man: Are you sure? A lot of Professors and experts were not able
to answer my questions.

Scholar: I will try my best, with the help of Allah(Subhan Wa Ta`ala).

Young Man: I have 3 questions:
1. Does God exist? If so, show me His shape.
2. What is thaqdir (fate)?
3. If shaitan (Devil) was created from the fire, why at the end he will
be thrown to hell that is also created from fire. It certainly will not
hurt him at all, since Shaitan (Devil) and the hell were created from
fire. Did God not think of it this far?

Suddenly, the Scholar slapped the young man's face very hard.

Young Man (feeling pain): Why do you get angry at me?

Scholar: I am not angry. The slap is my answer to your three questions.

Young Man: I really don't understand.

Scholar: How do you feel after I slapped you?

Young Man: Of course, I felt the pain.

Scholar: So do you believe that pain exists?

Young Man: Yes.

Scholar: Show me the shape of the pain!

Young Man: I cannot.

Scholar: That is my first answer. All of us feel God's existence
without being able to see His shape... Last night, did you dream that
you will be slapped by me?

Young Man: No.

Scholar: Did you ever think that you will get a slap from me, today?

Scholar: That is takdir (fate) my second answer........ My hand that I
used to slap you, what is it created from?

Young Man: It is created from flesh.

Scholar: How about your face, what is it created from?

Young Man: Flesh.

Young Man: In pain.

Scholar: That?s it. this is my third answer, Even though Shaitan (Devil)
and also the hell were created from the fire, if Allah wants,
insha-Allah (God willing), the hell will become a very painful place for
Shaitan

ifeness:
The simple answer is because god doesn't exist. Can any one show me a photograph of god?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by madridguy(m): 9:18am On Oct 18, 2015
Three Tough Questions?

There was a young man who went overseas to study for quite a long time.
When he returned, he asked his parents to find him a religious scholar
or any expert who could answer his 3 Questions. Finally, his parents
were able to find a Muslim scholar.

Young man: Who are you? Can you answer my questions?

Scholar: I am one of Allah (Subhan Wa Ta`ala )'s slaves and Insha-Allah
(God willing), I will be able to answer your questions.

Young man: Are you sure? A lot of Professors and experts were not able
to answer my questions.

Scholar: I will try my best, with the help of Allah(Subhan Wa Ta`ala).

Young Man: I have 3 questions:
1. Does God exist? If so, show me His shape.
2. What is thaqdir (fate)?
3. If shaitan (Devil) was created from the fire, why at the end he will
be thrown to hell that is also created from fire. It certainly will not
hurt him at all, since Shaitan (Devil) and the hell were created from
fire. Did God not think of it this far?

Suddenly, the Scholar slapped the young man's face very hard.

Young Man (feeling pain): Why do you get angry at me?

Scholar: I am not angry. The slap is my answer to your three questions.

Young Man: I really don't understand.

Young Man: Of course, I felt the pain.

Scholar: So do you believe that pain exists?

Young Man: Yes.

Scholar: Show me the shape of the pain!

Young Man: I cannot.

Scholar: That is my first answer. All of us feel God's existence
without being able to see His shape... Last night, did you dream that
you will be slapped by me?

Scholar: Did you ever think that you will get a slap from me, today?

Scholar: That is takdir (fate) my second answer........ My hand that I
used to slap you, what is it created from?

Young Man: It is created from flesh.

Scholar: How about your face, what is it created from?

Young Man: Flesh.

Young Man: In pain.

Scholar: That?s it. this is my third answer, Even though Shaitan (Devil)
and also the hell were created from the fire, if Allah wants,
insha-Allah (God willing), the hell will become a very painful place for
Shaitan

frank317:
Lol... The Christian God will always have a reason for not answering prayers. No wonder his children are always wretched and his prophets chose to defraud members, talking about taking it by force.
Admit it,if this God exists he is plain wicked and heartless. He has so many fixing to do. There are so many Christan denominations and everyone thinks he is getting it right.
The OP is only making assumptions about God the supposedly creator if the universe.... Is this some kind of joke? Most people who are comfortable in life do not bother relating with your God. Me thinks worshiping his God is just an unnecessary bondage.

The only rule about having high probability of makinf it in life is 'work hard and think smart'. Waiting for a sky daddy who behaves like a little kid will not help u. What sort of God created so many rules before giving his living children. They must beg beg beg and beg... Lol @ it could be God wants to give u more than what u are asking for. Oooboy see reason for not answering prayer... And people accept this shiiiit?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 18, 2015
AWONEYAN:
Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers

1. It could be you’re not a child of God.

This may sound obvious or even cruel, but God has no obligation to answer the prayers of unbelievers (Psalm 34:15, 17; Proverbs 15:8, 29; John 9:31; 1 Peter 3:12). He may answer, but He has not obligated Himself to do so.

The only prayer an unbeliever may be assured God will answer—and answer immediately—is a prayer of faith and acceptance of His Son, who died on the cross and rose again, as the basis for the forgiveness of your sins.

2. It could be your motives or actions.

As Christians, there are a couple of reasons God may choose to delay or deny answering our prayers. In these cases, He is waiting on us.

Your motives in prayer. It may seem simplistic, but if we don’t ask, God won’t answer. And when we do pray, our reasons for asking must not be selfish (James 4:2-3).
Your actions in life toward others. Our actions also can hinder God’s answer. If you are flagrantly disobedient to God, you may expect your prayers to be hindered (Psalm 66:18; Micah 3:4; 1 Peter 3:7; 1 John 3:21). This is by design—so that you may return to the Lord wholeheartedly.
3. It could be your misunderstanding of God’s priorities.

Some of the problems we have with prayer arise out of a wrong understanding of God. The better we know about God in the Scriptures, the better we will understand how to pray—and why God responds to prayer as He does.

God answers prayer according to His will (1 John 5:14-14). But just like us, the desires are not all equal. My desire to remain faithful to my wife until I die is not on the same level of my desire to take a nap on Sunday. It’s a matter of priorities.

God has a will too, but not all aspects of His will are of equal priority. For example:

God desires, first and foremost that He receives glory.
God desires all people have a choice about the decisions they make.
He also desires people to live a reasonably happy life while here on earth.
All are His will, but this final priority comes after the first two. Our problems with prayer often come when we think the first thing on God’s mind is our happiness and not His glory.

4. It could be that it’s just not time yet.

So let’s say we are living for Christ in our attitude and actions and praying according to His will. What do we do when all systems are go, but the answer still hasn’t come?

You keep praying.

He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart. —Luke 18:1
You don’t lose heart. Here’s why:

It may be that circumstances require changing before you can accept the answer.
It may be that the answer depends on someone else responding to God too (remember God’s order of priorities).
It may be that the delay is to see how seriously you are willing to pray.
God may delay answering your prayers in order to give you far more than you’re asking for. 
5. It could be God wants to give you more than you’re asking for.

If God is able to answer (and He is), and if He has promised to answer the prayers of His children (and He has), then the delay in the answer—we must know—is not that God is apathetic or absent.

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think . . . to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. —Ephesians 3:20–21
In the final analysis, it may be that God desires to give you more than the simple answer to your prayer, making the answer—once it is received—all the more sweet.

Please add other reason, you feel are causes of hindrance or delay to prayers.
Who told you!!!
So you are in GODS head or he told you to come here and tell us this . U no say u just dey sin anyhow . Tomorrow now u go open church shioor

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2015
God always answer my prayers,tho i am a sinner but still yet i'm blessed!!

God is good,let's all go to church!happy sunday to y'all. kiss kiss
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by kurt09(m): 9:22am On Oct 18, 2015
Leyemoshood:
Nice write up OP

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by marriedvirgin: 9:23am On Oct 18, 2015
always strive to have a good personal relationship with God.You would come to realise He is not only your God but your friend too.Don't make yourself the kind of person who just demands things from God.For me,my secret is praying for others.Even when i want to eat i ask God to take the food and share with those who have not eaten or those who don't have food.Remember the story of Jesus feeding 5000 people with 5 loaves and two fish.Its all spiritual.Stop asking God for material things,just love Him and worship Him and you would be suprised to see all those things falling at your feet and people would start asking you what you did.Concentrate on your relationship first.I'm talking from experience

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by victor247: 9:23am On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:

You can as well show me a photograph of air

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by IYANGBALI: 9:25am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:
Lol... The Christian God will always have a reason for not answering prayers. No wonder his children are always wretched and his prophets chose to defraud members, talking about taking it by force.
Admit it,if this God exists he is plain wicked and heartless. He has so many fixing to do. There are so many Christan denominations and everyone thinks he is getting it right.
The OP is only making assumptions about God the supposedly creator if the universe.... Is this some kind of joke? Most people who are comfortable in life do not bother relating with your God. Me thinks worshiping his God is just an unnecessary bondage.

The only rule about having high probability of makinf it in life is 'work hard and think smart'. Waiting for a sky daddy who behaves like a little kid will not help u. What sort of God created so many rules before giving his living children. They must beg beg beg and beg... Lol @ it could be God wants to give u more than what u are asking for. Oooboy see reason for not answering prayer... And people accept this shiiiit?
chei shocked
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by sladimeji(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:
faith is based on believe....not wat u see
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by IYANGBALI: 9:26am On Oct 18, 2015
victor247:

You can as well show me a photograph of air
very good answer. Man you nailed it
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by homirefacuny(m): 9:27am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

Reprobate mind.... Receive your encounter.!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by tdayof(m): 9:28am On Oct 18, 2015
AWONEYAN:
eople to live a reasonably happy life while here on earth.
good write up.. How ever sin is the biggest of all..

If God hasn't forgiven us we can't have fellowship with him Amos 3:3.

And again it takes forgiveness for our prayers to be answered.. Isaiah 59 1-2

We keep on waiting for God to answer our prayers in Sin. Is that possible?
Isaiah 40:31

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Lanretoye(m): 9:29am On Oct 18, 2015
are those the reasons God gave for not answering prayers or the reasons you feel he dosent answer prayers? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by IYANGBALI: 9:29am On Oct 18, 2015
prettythicksme:
God always answer my prayers,tho i am a sinner but still yet i'm blessed!!
let's commit some sins together tonight.....on the bed kiss
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by nigeriancuban: 9:31am On Oct 18, 2015
good morning all,not the I even picked out a single readable point from this poorly written article but I just wanna commend the mods for being very sensible today by moving positive topics to FP instead of Linda ikeju and the likes of that ..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by smite(m): 9:32am On Oct 18, 2015
so God must have some crazy reason to answer the prayers of children suffering from hunger, heart disease, God requires reasons before he answers prayers of children dying in a refugee camp, children dying in hospitals, innocent children that died in earthquake, wars...that God is Mischievous. even my late father here on earth with all his imperfections, doesn't need so much begging before he provides for my needs

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by deramarks(f): 9:34am On Oct 18, 2015
AWONEYAN:

The thread is not meant for Atheist, but pple who have relationship with dia maker...since you believe God didn't exist,u dnt need to come to here......wait till eterninty ,when you face Him and tell why He is not your creator, dat you are a product of evolution..SMH
. Dis is d reason I love GOD dis nonbeliver myt bcome a preacher of the gospel in future u neva can tell whn GOD will arrest HIM
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by frank317: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:
Some atheists are intelligent,educated and well mannered people while some are unintelligent and childish but in the end all are fools.

You are going to hell

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 9:41am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

You are going to hell

It was the scriptures itself that called unbelievers like you fools. So no, he is not going to hell. He was just stating the Truth.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by cold(m): 9:43am On Oct 18, 2015
The way some people pray makes one wonder..what manner of god would put his people through so much pain just to harken to their prayers? You see them grovelling,gyrating,screaming,climbing all sorts of mountains,parting with their hard earned money,bathing nùde etc. Did i even mention the loooonnnggg days of hunger strike just to get this god to look in their direction,let alone listen to their prayers. Not to talk of answering them...sigh.
There's only one reason god doesn't answer prayers. Because he isn't there,simples!

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by flokii: 9:44am On Oct 18, 2015
AWONEYAN:
Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers

1. It could be you’re not a child of God.

This may sound obvious or even cruel, but God has no obligation to answer the prayers of unbelievers (Psalm 34:15, 17; Proverbs 15:8, 29; John 9:31; 1 Peter 3:12). He may answer, but He has not obligated Himself to do so.

The only prayer an unbeliever may be assured God will answer—and answer immediately—is a prayer of faith and acceptance of His Son, who died on the cross and rose again, as the basis for the forgiveness of your sins.

2. It could be your motives or actions.

As Christians, there are a couple of reasons God may choose to delay or deny answering our prayers. In these cases, He is waiting on us.

Your motives in prayer. It may seem simplistic, but if we don’t ask, God won’t answer. And when we do pray, our reasons for asking must not be selfish (James 4:2-3).
Your actions in life toward others. Our actions also can hinder God’s answer. If you are flagrantly disobedient to God, you may expect your prayers to be hindered (Psalm 66:18; Micah 3:4; 1 Peter 3:7; 1 John 3:21). This is by design—so that you may return to the Lord wholeheartedly.
3. It could be your misunderstanding of God’s priorities.

Some of the problems we have with prayer arise out of a wrong understanding of God. The better we know about God in the Scriptures, the better we will understand how to pray—and why God responds to prayer as He does.

God answers prayer according to His will (1 John 5:14-14). But just like us, the desires are not all equal. My desire to remain faithful to my wife until I die is not on the same level of my desire to take a nap on Sunday. It’s a matter of priorities.

God has a will too, but not all aspects of His will are of equal priority. For example:

God desires, first and foremost that He receives glory.
God desires all people have a choice about the decisions they make.
He also desires people to live a reasonably happy life while here on earth.
All are His will, but this final priority comes after the first two. Our problems with prayer often come when we think the first thing on God’s mind is our happiness and not His glory.

4. It could be that it’s just not time yet.

So let’s say we are living for Christ in our attitude and actions and praying according to His will. What do we do when all systems are go, but the answer still hasn’t come?

You keep praying.

He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart. —Luke 18:1
You don’t lose heart. Here’s why:

It may be that circumstances require changing before you can accept the answer.
It may be that the answer depends on someone else responding to God too (remember God’s order of priorities).
It may be that the delay is to see how seriously you are willing to pray.
God may delay answering your prayers in order to give you far more than you’re asking for. 
5. It could be God wants to give you more than you’re asking for.

If God is able to answer (and He is), and if He has promised to answer the prayers of His children (and He has), then the delay in the answer—we must know—is not that God is apathetic or absent.

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think . . . to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen. —Ephesians 3:20–21
In the final analysis, it may be that God desires to give you more than the simple answer to your prayer, making the answer—once it is received—all the more sweet.

Please add other reason, you feel are causes of hindrance or delay to prayers.

has He (God) answered yours?..

why take paracetamol for my own headache na..

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by ediscuss: 9:44am On Oct 18, 2015
There was God
There is God
There will always be God...
God answers my prayers,
HE has answered me so many times.
I even had a conversation with HIM this morning.
I believe in HIS existence.
like i said i BELIEVE.
i do not need a mathematical proof neither do i need a chemical equation
nor any principle in physics to BELIEVE GOD EXIST.

frank317:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by fistonati(m): 9:45am On Oct 18, 2015
The fear of God is d beginning of wisdom

For the best and objective news on Education both Local and International visit www.thechronicleofeducation.com

It's all about education news.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by cold(m): 9:46am On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

It was the scriptures itself that called unbelievers like you fools. So no, he is not going to hell. He was just stating the Truth.
Matt 5:22
But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire
See you in hell bro

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by freecocoa(f): 9:46am On Oct 18, 2015
Or it could be that there's no good listening, ever thought of that?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 18, 2015
Sin,sin and i say again sin causes delayed of God answering prayer.Atheist everywhere.....may Almigthy Allah protect us and answer our prayer.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by seniorbros(m): 9:46am On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

It's OK you don't believe God exists but to insult "God of the Christians" is to take a normal discussion too far. Have you ever asked yourself how you came to this earth as a human being? Did you create yourself? Do you think once you die, everything about you ends? My brother, there is life after death and the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ. It's unfortunate how you've reduced life to earthly riches.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication / Emmanuel Chukwudi: "Buhari Will Die In Office, Osinbajo Will Rule In His Stead" / Daddy Freeze Slams Funke Felix Adejumo: Jay Z Insulted T.D Jakes, Still Makes...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.