Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers (34852 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers / 6 Reasons God Wants You To Prosper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:

Try and use your head,

Alittle.

Read what you posted.
Term was coined in 1820 and yet you refer to Moses marriage about 3000 years earlier. You need to realize that the bible you read is a translation .It was not written in English so you need to know what was used in the Hebrew version from which the Bible is translatd.Secondly stop posting those pictures they are meaningly and do not butress your argument about Moses marrying a "CUSHITE" .THe reality is there is little evidence to substantiate that there ever was any group of people called Cushite .

I knew you would say that.

The word Cushite was not even the original Hebrew.

Kushi: descendant of Cush
Original Word: כּוּשִׁי
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: Kushi
Phonetic Spelling: (koo-shee')
Short Definition: Cushite

Cushite is the English transliteration of the word used.

So can you prove to us Cushites were white people? smiley

We are waiting o.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I knew you would say that.

The word Cushite was not even the original Hebrew.

Kushi: descendant of Cush
Original Word: כּוּשִׁי
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: Kushi
Phonetic Spelling: (koo-shee')
Short Definition: Cushite

Cushite is the English tranliteration of the word used.

So can you prove to us Cushites were white people? smiley

We are waiting o.

I do not know that there ever was any people like Cushites. If there was I have no idea whether they were white black or Chinese.
I have not said so that is YOUR CLAIM(They were black) the burden is on you

You claimed they were black so how can you ask me to prove they were white.Stop being ridiculous

You said they were black have you got evidence ? Or that they ever existed even?
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:

I do not know that there ever was any people like Cushites. If there was I have no idea whether they were white black or Chinese.
I have not said so that is YOUR CLAIM(They were black) the burden is on you

You claimed they were black so how can you ask me to prove they were white.Stop being ridiculous

Good thing to see you have lost your argument.

I would have still mentioned a lot more black people like Zipporah, Nimrod, e.t.c.

At least by now you should know that Nimrod existed.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by frank317: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So you deny your beginnings.

Okay, so enlighten us, how did men come about?

And I told you I know how man came about?

Keep jumping from piller to post. Does rhoa change the fact that your people are making up things for a God they so believe in. This thread is a pure prove that no God answers any prayer because the op is trying to defend his ideology because of it has failed many. To talking about creation because no one has the answer to that. Stick to the topic

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

And I told you I know how man came about?

Keep jumping from piller to post. Does rhoa change the fact that your people are making up things for a God they so believe in. This thread is a pure prove that no God answers any prayer because the op is trying to defend his ideology because of it has failed many. To talking about creation because no one has the answer to that. Stick to the topic

Well, God answers my prayer.

There could be many factors to people not receiving from God.

BTW, So you don't know how you came but yet you attack creationist. And you call them deluded.

Examine yourself.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Good thing to see you have lost your argument.

I would have still mentioned a lot more black people like Zipporah, Nimrod, e.t.c.

At least by now you should know that Nimrod existed.
Firstly I do not accept that any of the stories in your bible are proven.I have only indulged you on the basis of benefit of doubt.
I.e "Let us accept they are true" Basis. Even then the bible does not say Cushites are Black so your argument that Moses was reproved for marrying a black woman is unproven and rubbish quite frankly

There is NO MENTION of BLACK PERSONS in the Bible so all that rubbish about Nimrod and Zipporah is balderdash. You are empty and raucous with nothing of substance but wind and fury
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:

Firstly I do not accept that any of the stories in your bible are proven.I have only indulged you on the basis of benefit of doubt.
I.e "Let us accept they are true" Basis. Even then the bible does not say Cushites are Black so your argument that Moses was reproved for marrying a black woman is unproven and rubbish quite frankly

There is NO MENTION of BLACK PERSONS in the Bible so all that rubbish about Nimrod and Zipporah is balderdash. You are empty and raucous with nothing of substance but wind and fury

Dude, why your hatred for the bible na?

There are still more names for me to give you o if you want.

I don't know when Ethiopians where ever whites.

You've lost your argument ever since. And also your last sentence is a very good description of yourself.

Maybe you thought you were talking to a novice. You can ask Ifeness for testimonies. cool

You for tire for me today.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by 0079jaBond(m): 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
Some are lost and seek no repentance,
While some are also lost but are unbalanced in changing their stance.

May God's grace and mercy accept us all.

@Op, nice post. I gained some insights
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by drehdinho(m): 1:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Broda check YouTube.

I get my sermons (including Idahosa) and music from there.
Thank you.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by mbulela: 2:32pm On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

And you are likening your God to air? If I don't take you serious you will say I am insulting u
Not taking me serious is no insult.
As long as I retain the right to also consider you a joke.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 2:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Dude, why your hatred for the bible na?

There are still more names for me to give you o if you want.

I don't know when Ethiopians where ever whites.

You've lost your argument ever since. And also your last sentence is a very good description of yourself.

Maybe you thought you were talking to a novice. You can ask Ifeness for testimonies. cool

You for tire for me today.

I was tired of you yesterday. Rather than address the issues you dance round in circles.You say Moses married a "BLACK" woman but provide no evidence
You claim Cushites were black again NO EVIDENCE.
When asked for proof you say prove it is not so and then try and widen the matter to irrelevancies.

For evidence you provide a link showing ETYMOLOGY dating 1820 for an event that supposedly happened thousands of years earlier.

For your information the Bible talks of EGYPTIANS are we to assume that those are the same as the ARABS who we know as Egyptians today?
How the can you presume to tell us who was Black or Not Black 3000 years ago without evidence?
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Originalsly: 2:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hmmm....never knew God appointed a spokesperson. Is this not blasphemy?
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 3:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:

I was tired of you yesterday. Rather than address the issues you dance round in circles.You say Moses married a "BLACK" woman but provide no evidence
You claim Cushites were black again NO EVIDENCE.
When asked for proof you say prove it is not so and then try and widen the matter to irrelevancies.

For evidence you provide a link showing ETYMOLOGY dating 1820 for an event that supposedly happened thousands of years earlier.

For your information the Bible talks of EGYPTIANS are we to assume that those are the same as the ARABS who we know as Egyptians today?
How the can you presume to tell us who was Black or Not Black 3000 years ago without evidence?

Enough! I have already flawed your argument.

Check here for more proofs:

http://www.godandscience.org/evolution/sld097.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cush_(Bible)
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by eaccyboy(m): 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:

Your father lives inside you I hope to keep to my carnal heart.
good for u n d devil
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by sirkezman: 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
this is so right!!!!

since i cant also see your brain, its safe to assume you have none

ifeness:
The simple answer is because god doesn't exist. Can any one show me a photograph of god?
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by StoneColdBiceps(m): 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
AWONEYAN:

The thread is not meant for Atheist, but pple who have relationship with dia maker...since you believe God didn't exist,u dnt need to come to here......wait till eterninty ,when you face Him and tell why He is not your creator, dat you are a product of evolution..SMH.

The thread is not meant for Atheist, but pple who have relationship with dia maker...since you believe God didn't exist,u dnt need to come to here......wait till eterninty ,when you face Him and tell why He is not your creator, dat you are a product of evolution..SMHSince they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their ... And just as they didnot like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind. Rom 1 ;21. PLS KINDLY IGNORE THE COMENTS OF THESE SETS OF ATHIEST WHO HAVE INFESTED THIS THREAD

I av said it before, this atheist...
https://www.nairaland.com/2658615/some-could-affect-psychologically
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by cold(m): 3:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

BTW, So you don't know how you came but yet you attack creationist. And you call them deluded.

Examine yourself.

..but when you're asked who created your god,you go on a long winding debate about the first uncaused,god exists outside of time. Thus,cannot be created..bla..bla..bla. Same old tired argument..sigh

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
cold:

..but when you're asked who created your god,you go on a long winding debate about the first uncaused,god exists outside of time. Thus,cannot be created..bla..bla..bla. Same old tired argument..sigh

God said of Himself, "I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and Ending".

Nobody created God. He is self existing. Your brain has not even understood the milky way Galaxy, It's God whom scripture says can span the heavens with his hands you want to understand?

Is 40:12 "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?"

Job 11:7 “Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty?"

Col 1:16 "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.…"
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Blaqsmith(m): 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
Tunguy01:
Will God answer my prayer as a non-religious man ?
He always does. Think about it.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by cold(m): 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

God said of Himself, "I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and Ending".

Nobody created God. He is self existing. Your brain has not even understood the milky way Galaxy, It's God whom scripture says can span the heavens with his hands you want to understand?

Is 40:12 "Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?"

Job 11:7 “Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty?"

Col 1:16 "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.…"
Funny how you keep quoting the bible. You cannot use the bible to prove the existence of god anymore than you can use a comic to prove the existence of spiderman. And oh by the way,i noticed how you disingenuously dodged my question on the difference between my analogy of the master/servant relationship and the illusion of freewill.

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by God2man(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
I can't believe that people still argue about the existence of God.

I can't believe it.

It is an argument standing on two legs.

1. Money

2. Deception.

My God will continue to exist. Whether you argue or not.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
cold:

Funny how you keep quoting the bible. You cannot use the bible to prove the existence of god anymore than you can use a comic to prove the existence of spiderman. And oh by the way,i noticed how you disingenuously dodged my question on the difference between my analogy of the master/servant relationship and the illusion of freewill.

I don't need to use the ible to prove the existence of God. I will rather use nature.

BTW, You first have to prove that freewill is an illusion. wink
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by frank317: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Examine yourself.

That's why I am trying to let you know that this just ur mind. How does it sound justifiable that poor innocent children don't receive from this God that answers ur prayers. Some are born in pains... Have u even thought it through? Why are you being selfish about it? Yet there many people who don't care about ur God but are doing well. You even don't seem to undersand the concept of this your God.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by cold(m): 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I don't need to use the ible to prove the existence of God. I will rather use nature.

BTW, You first have to prove that freewill is an illusion. wink
-'There is no god'
-prove to me god doesn't exist
-how can you prove kushites mentioned in the bible were black?
-prove to me they weren't black
-explain the difference between my analogy and the illusion of freewill.
-prove to me freewill is an illusion
Typical evasive tactic. I know the drill. You cannot ask the accused to prove he did not steal from you. The onus is on you to prove beyond reasonable doubt that something was stolen from you. If you brought this kind of argument to court,the judge would jettison your case in the blink of an eye.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by frank317: 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2015
mbulela:

Not taking me serious is no insult.
As long as I retain the right to also consider you a joke.

Nice to know
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

That's why I am trying to let you know that this just ur mind. How does it sound justifiable that poor innocent children don't receive from this God that answers ur prayers. Some are born in pains... Have u even thought it through? Why are you being selfish about it? Yet there many people who don't care about ur God but are doing well. You even don't seem to undersand the concept of this your God.

I understand Him well in regards to prayer broda.

God gave this earth over to man. And as a result cannot intrude unless there is a man to pray or prophesy His power to be allowed in the earth.

The world is fallen and as a result a lot of mistakes have been permitted in the earth. E.g wrong child birth.

The only way out of all this mess is faith and prayer to bring God on the scene. While some children die others are saved. Why is this? Google Cokeville miracle.

Also as for sinners doing well it has been spoken about in scriptures. The devil only focuses his attacks on those that are walking in the true way. He does that to frustrate the person and bring the person back into his kingdom. The devil doesn't bother with those in his kingdom, he deceives them with peace so as to blind them from the need of God.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
cold:

-'There is no god'
-prove to me god doesn't exist
-how can you prove kushites mentioned in the bible were black?
-prove to me they weren't black
-explain the difference between my analogy and the illusion of freewill.
-prove to me freewill is an illusion
Typical evasive tactic. I know the drill. You cannot ask the accused to prove he did not steal from you. The onus is on you to prove beyond reasonable doubt that something was stolen from you. If you brought this kind of argument to court,the judge would jettison your case in the blink of an eye.

The truth is, even if there is, do you want to know Him?
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by DedeNkem: 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
Reason God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers
Because he or she doesn't exist! There's no invisible god in the sky!
Religion is the greatest hoax of all time!

Show me evidence of your god or shut up!
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by 0079jaBond(m): 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
DedeNkem:

Because he or she doesn't exist! There's no invisible god in the sky!
Religion is the greatest hoax of all time!

Show me evidence of your god or shut up!

Chai! Na wa oo

Smh
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by boxypane(m): 5:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:
The simple answer is because god doesn't exist. Can any one show me a photograph of god?

You don't need been argued with my dear, but verily I say unto u, except a man be born again, he cannot enter the Kingdom of GOD.
You didn't drop from heaven nor were u a product of false evolution, nor were u of flesh through magic or mysteries. U were born of your mothers Womb, a wonderful creation of your Makers image.
Dear Brother, hear the Whispering of the blossom morning Birds, the rays of Light that penetrates tru ur laundry, the rainbowl that brings colourful joy of Promise 2 ur cheeks.
You are not in this world of your own choice, u are of the Body, Spirit and Soul. May God Bless you as you find Christ. Do not be an unbeliever, coz ur eyes might not get 2b opened.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:

Stop rebuking bro and fall on your knees and beg your God for forgiveness. Tell him you will never call anyone a fool again. Or you will g to hell

Read psalm 14:1. Google it, nuff said.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by agog: 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:

pls don't deny the fact that God didn't exist. He really is.
Anthony Flew, a very brilliant and leading UK atheist admitted this before his death..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Grant Biodun Fatoyinbo Bail / Popular Fuji Legend, Adewale Ayuba Dumps Islam For Christianity? / Biodun Fatoyinbo Poses With A Bike (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.