Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers (34780 Views)

Catholic Church Doesn’t Run On Tithe– Cardinal Okogie Fires Back At Gov. Bello / How To Receive Answer To Your Prayers / 6 Reasons God Wants You To Prosper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by paix(m): 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
Your unforgiving spirit can also cause hindrance.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by TLrboss(m): 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
ifeness:
The simple answer is because god doesn't exist. Can any one show me a photograph of god?

even you Child of GOD
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
If God had wanted all the people to believe in one of His servants and to benefit
from that person's teachings, surely it would have been simpler and wiser for God to
make all the people good, or to endow that person with power over the people's minds
rather than with powers to resurrect the dead, stop the flow of rivers, prevent fire from
burning, and the like

ALI DASHTI
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by emorse(m): 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
Richirich713:

U are actually one of those who is unintelligent.
Your level of intelligence shines through and speaks volumes.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 9:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:
If God had wanted all the people to believe in one of His servants and to benefit
from that person's teachings, surely it would have been simpler and wiser for God to
make all the people good, or to endow that person with power over the people's minds
rather than with powers to resurrect the dead, stop the flow of rivers, prevent fire from
burning, and the like

ALI DASHTI

You dare question the ways of the Almighy?

Repent! For you shall give an account of every idle word you speak.

Selah.

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

You dare question the ways of the Almighy?

Repent! For you shall give an account of every idle word you speak.

Selah.
I tremble in fear of the FIRE whose fuel is men and stones................
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Jeromejnr(m): 9:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
omonnakoda:

I tremble in fear of the FIRE whose fuel is men and stones................

Be careful Sire, For the Fire will be the least of your worries.

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by wealthmi1: 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
It could mean u might not value His blessings more if He rushed to Grant u.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by ferdspiration: 11:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
frank317:
Lol... The Christian God will always have a reason for not answering prayers. No wonder his children are always wretched and his prophets chose to defraud members, talking about taking it by force.
Admit it,if this God exists he is plain wicked and heartless. He has so many fixing to do. There are so many Christan denominations and everyone thinks he is getting it right.
The OP is only making assumptions about God the supposedly creator if the universe.... Is this some kind of joke? Most people who are comfortable in life do not bother relating with your God. Me thinks worshiping his God is just an unnecessary bondage.

The only rule about having high probability of makinf it in life is 'work hard and think smart'. Waiting for a sky daddy who behaves like a little kid will not help u. What sort of God created so many rules before giving his living children. They must beg beg beg and beg... Lol @ it could be God wants to give u more than what u are asking for. Oooboy see reason for not answering prayer... And people accept this shiiiit?
mr man respect ur creater
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by MrCork: 11:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
yellowb:
hmmmm....hope not met makes d heart weary..very devastating wen after praying with fasting n believing in faith no answers.dats wat am going through right now..but tru d good n d bad,even wen it makes no sense I'll keep praising u Lord

....kaii..see sexxy lips! tongue

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by vizkiz: 11:44pm On Oct 18, 2015
MrCork:

....kaii..see sexxy lips! tongue

dude, can't you see she is a church girl? grin
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by ubomobi: 3:05am On Oct 19, 2015
Damalex4luv:
I believe everything in life is all about grace and the appointed time, it's not about how fervently you pray of fasted. God said it in his own word that i'll bless you at the appropriate time. I keep telling people that if you do rituals or crime to amaze wealth and you eventually succeeded in it that means you have being already destined for greatness, but there are some people that will do all this things and end up dieing or rotting in jail for life. So I believe everything in life should be attributed to Gods grace. There are so many unbelievers out there that are doing pretty well and child of God that are suffering. We all should just continue to pray for God's grace in other to make it in life. On my way to church shocked shocked

All knowing God can do anything he want at any time. You guy has fake god that is feckless. Your god is a masochist.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nimk(f): 6:49am On Oct 19, 2015
wow.... a lot of interesting comments..... there is no religion that doesn't have unanswered questions.... even atheism has a lot of questions that are unanswered.....but can't we all just live in peace without bringing up religion or race or tribe or....I don't even know sef....I just hate all these hatred btw Muslims and Christians and atheist..... and igbo Yoruba and Hausa....wish there could just be peace.....but nice one op
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 19, 2015
frank317:
Lol... The Christian God will always have a reason for not answering prayers. No wonder his children are always wretched and his prophets chose to defraud members, talking about taking it by force.
Admit it,if this God exists he is plain wicked and heartless. He has so many fixing to do. There are so many Christan denominations and everyone thinks he is getting it right.
The OP is only making assumptions about God the supposedly creator if the universe.... Is this some kind of joke? Most people who are comfortable in life do not bother relating with your God. Me thinks worshiping his God is just an unnecessary bondage.

The only rule about having high probability of makinf it in life is 'work hard and think smart'. Waiting for a sky daddy who behaves like a little kid will not help u. What sort of God created so many rules before giving his living children. They must beg beg beg and beg... Lol @ it could be God wants to give u more than what u are asking for. Oooboy see reason for not answering prayer... And people accept this shiiiit?

Stop spreading lies on this forum, angry
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Shininstar30(f): 11:05am On Oct 19, 2015
He always answer my prayers #Apple of God's eyes#
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by omonnakoda: 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
Clearly Man has created God in Man's image
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by unphilaz(m): 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
Clearly Man has created God in Man's image
while man was actually formed from nothing and yet nothing cannot be accepted. 1/0 or 0/1 or 0 x 0 can never be 1.
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2023
AWONEYAN:
Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers
1. It could be you’re not a child of God....
2. It could be your motives or actions....
3. It could be your misunderstanding of God’s priorities....
4. It could be that it’s just not time yet....
5. It could be God wants to give you more than you’re asking for....
Please add other reason, you feel are causes of hindrance or delay to prayers.
I am afraid this list here is born of ignorance of the Truth of God. God made it known through His prophets that He does not answer the prayers of sinners; the petitions of the unrighteous are an abomination to God. The significance of this is that it means that even when a sinner asks God for the forgiveness of sins, God does not answer. Your confession prayers also fall on deaf ears, why? Because God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous. He
11 But they refused to listen and refused to do what he wanted. They closed their ears so that they could not hear what God said.
12 They were very stubborn and would not obey the law. The Lord All-Powerful used his Spirit and sent messages to his people through the prophets. But the people would not listen, so the Lord All-Powerful became very angry.
13 So the Lord All-Powerful said, “I called to them, and they did not answer. So now, if they call to me, I will not answer. - Zechariah 7 vs 11 - 13
On the other hand, however, God made it known that He instead answers all of the prayers of the righteous — no matter the motive or actions behind the prayer, or their dispensation when asking, He answers all their prayers, not some. undecided

What does this all mean? It means that the only hindrance to obtaining answers to prayers — all of them — is unrighteousness. The key to prayer is righteousness. So, the claim that Prayer is some sort of key is not based on truth but falsehood. undecided
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2023
histemple:
■ More so, Jesus came with the mission to reconcile man to God. So, he modified so many doctrines and laws and God’s modus operandi changed. This is why the bible is full of perceived contradictions. The same God who said he loves peace can be seen as also a God of Wrath.
So, any true student of the bible can't make factual generalization about God's operations except assumptions. \
■ It is the same God who said "ask and you will receive" also said "He knows your needs even before you ask. And that His thoughts for us is of GOOD only, to give us our expected end.
■ So, you see that it's misleading to assume that you know for sure, how he operates?
1. Rather than modify so many doctrines and laws, what Jesus Christ instead did was bring to the people a different Constitutional Law for a different Kingdom; the Gospel is the Constitutional Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God —God's special Nation of Priests - Exodus 19 vs 6 . undecided

2. Generalizations aside, if one is unable to conclude based on the Truth as revealed by God Himself — either through His prophets or Jesus Christ — then of what use is it to claim one believes God is true and His Word Truth? undecided

3. Why do you assume these two statements do not add up? The same God declared that He does not answer any of the prayers of the unrighteous — even their prayers for forgiveness of sins go unanswered by Him; the petitions of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him.
However, He proclaimed that He answers all the asks, seeks, and knocks of the righteous — their every prayer is heard and answered by Him.
10 This is what the Lord says: “Babylon will be powerful for 70 years. After that time, I will come to you people who are living in Babylon. I will keep my good promise to bring you back to Jerusalem.
11 I say this because I know the plans that I have for you.” This message is from the Lord. “I have good plans for you. I don’t plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future.
12 Then you will call my name. You will come to me and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
13 You will search for me, and when you search for me with all your heart, you will find me.
14 I will let you find me.” This message is from the Lord. “And I will bring you back from your captivity. I forced you to leave this place. But I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have sent you,” says the Lord, “and I will bring you back to this place.” - Jeremiah 29 vs 10 - 14
I guess my question is, why do you think that God's declaration, taken from the passage above, stands contrary to that which Jesus Christ proclaimed in His Gospel? undecided

4. Are you insinuating that even though God clearly teaches through His Law how He operates within the context, we are to disregard His Truth? undecided
Re: 5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
BlackrulesDworld:
■ So you have to be his child before he answers your prayers?
1. Righteousness is a requirement if one expects answers to prayers from God. God is no man's mugu. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lizzy And Johnson Suleman Celebrate 14th Wedding Anniversary / Popular Fuji Legend, Adewale Ayuba Dumps Islam For Christianity? / "Hell Does Not Exist" - Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.