Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? (1456 Views)

Lady Who Started 2017 As A Promiscuous Girl Finds Love In Jesus / The Story Of Jesus: A Plagiarized Lie Christians Need To Stop Believing. / Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Rossikk(m): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
To believe that a man was born by a VIRGIN, walked atop a sea, raised dead people back to life including himself, transformed mere water into wine, turned 3 fish to 500, and then flew up into the sky before onlookers, must be a form of madness or dementia. How can a sane person believe this stuff?

It's no surprise that the only way the inventors of this fairytale could keep it going was by threatening people with eternal damnation and suffering for not believing it.

Without that threat, which amounts to blackmail really, this tale would have fizzled out the very day it was invented.

2 Likes

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by glimpse33(m): 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
Every man with his opinion bro..
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by nobilis: 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
All religions have semblances of madness.
Christianity isn't the only one.

Secondly, Jesus isn't the only deity who was said to have been born by a virgin.
He isn't the only one who was said to have performed wonderful miracles.
He isn't the only one who died and rose again from the dead.
He isn't the only one whose followers symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Study the history of religions.
You will be amazed at what you will find.

5 Likes

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Rossikk(m): 2:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
cry
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Rossikk(m): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
nobilis:

Secondly, Jesus isn't the only deity who was said to have been born by a virgin.

He isn't the only one whose followers symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood.

What does stating that the story is not unique have to do with this? Are you less mad because there are others like you on the street?

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
the word of salvation is fool for the perishing souls. and op did you just join the league?

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by glimpse33(m): 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
We Copied Christianity from the whites, so its what they us!

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by nobilis: 3:06pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rossikk:
What does stating that the story is not unique have to do with this?

Read the first sentence of that post you quoted.
Just read that first sentence.
And then read your question again.
And then tell me if your question is justified.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Rossikk(m): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2015
elijah2u:
the word of salvation is fool for the perishing souls.
The white man that taught you those words is laughing at your foolishness. Go to England today. Their churches are empty.

4 Likes

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2015
nobilis:

what makes Jesus' different from those who have semblance of performance with Jesus
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by ikorodureporta: 3:11pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rossikk:
To believe that a man was born by a VIRGIN, walked atop a sea, raised dead people back to life including himself, transformed mere water into wine, turned 3 fish to 500, and then flew up into the sky before onlookers, must be a form of madness or dementia. How can a sane person believe this stuff?

It's no surprise that the only way the inventors of this fairytale could keep it going was by threatening people with eternal damnation and suffering for not believing it.

Without that threat, which amounts to blackmail really, this tale would have fizzled out the very day it was invented.

grin this is wht usually happns afta u'v read the bible frm Genesis to Revelation, attended all prayer meetings & service, because u became a born again......only to find out, when yr eyez begin clear, grin dat yr pastor isnt practising wht he preaches....
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by johnydon22(m): 3:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
No it is not madness, it is just belief. Some also believe an arab man rode a flying horse.

Belief may portray stack gullibility but madness is a wrong and hard word to use.

Belief deals with an emotional attachment and strong conviction on premise without regard for substantiation... So just believe it whether it is true or not.

Belief is a position of choice (Choosing to disregard evidence or reason to hold on to a conviction).But it is not madness..

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by ikorodureporta: 3:13pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rossikk:

grin this is wht usually afta u'v read the bible frm Genesis to Revelation, attended all prayer meetings, night vigils, & service, because u became a born again......only to find out, when yr eyez begin clear, grin dat yr pastor isnt practising wht he preaches....
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by dalaman2: 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Belief in the stories told about Jesus or Mohammed or Allah or what ever is a form of delusion.

3 Likes

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by mohemos: 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Good one bro, am sure you are an Atheist, I once belong to that league but the same curiosity that relegated me to the league graduated me from the league. I was a chronic realist and am still one but with a better sense of understanding. If this world was as a result of evolution or big bang theory or any other theory, Kindly explain to me where Sorcerers, witch, wizard, dark magicians, Illuminati, Satanist etc get their powers from. And don't forget to reference a book that negates existence of Jesus Christ. Mind you, I need empirical arguments not a surmise one.

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by plaetton: 3:29pm On Oct 18, 2015
elijah2u:
what makes Jesus' different from those who have semblance of performance with Jesus

You mean what makes Jesus different from Santa Claus or the Tooth fairy ?
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by mikewonder(m): 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rossikk:
The white man that taught you those words is laughing at your foolishness. Go to England today. Their churches are empty.
if i may ask wat do u blive in or wat re ur beliefs all knowing wise one
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by sonmvayina(m): 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rossikk:

this is a fact....stack empty, some are being turned into bars and pub and sold for housing developments..at least i can see that...i dey london

3 Likes

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by plaetton: 3:39pm On Oct 18, 2015
mohemos:
Good one bro, am sure you are an Atheist, I once belong to that league but the same curiosity that relegated me to the league graduated me from the league. I was a chronic realist and am still one but with a better sense of understanding. If this world was as a result of evolution or big bang theory or any other theory, Kindly explain to me where Sorcerers, witch, wizard, dark magicians, Illuminati, Satanist etc get their powers from. And don't forget to reference a book that negates existence of Jesus Christ. Mind you, I need empirical arguments not a surmise one.

Lol.
You mean you graduated from simple ignorance to complex ignorance. undecided

First of all, this is how you managed to fail all your English exams.
You completely ignored the issue and the facts given, and magically , like a wizard, flew over to the big bang and evolution.

And to make matters even worse, you miraculously tied evolution and the big bang to witches, wizards and soccery.

WTF?

This low level of mental output makes me thoroughly ashamed.
And bro, I am not blaming you completely.

I continue to blame an educational system that mystifies science ,while promoting magical thinking.

Just look at you, using your ideas about socery to mock universally accepted scientific theories.
CLASSIC.

Tufiakwa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by keenn: 3:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
mohemos:

I have also wondered with awe the explanation of what u are seeking for.

Just imagine the modalities of the following; automobile, phones, radio and television, bombs ... You might be swift to negate this simple devices because they are common place now, but the primitive man coming in contact with these would elevate the status to a God.

There are physical forces (radio waves, gravity, lift, airdrag, electromagnetism, nuclear forces...) that are manipulated to ensuring thise devices work, and the knowledge of this has been documented and passed on.

If ur above claim are possible, is it not plausible to associate them to some forces we aint yet introduced to.

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by nobilis: 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
elijah2u:

And why are you calling it semblance of performance?
Because you feel Jesus is the original

All these other deities I've mentioned, they all existed before Jesus Christ.
They were all worshipped in different parts of the Roman Empire before the worship of Jesus came on board.

So I think you should correct yourself:
Christianity is a semblance of these other religions and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by TrajansKong: 4:40pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rossikk:
The white man is a fool. Our churches are full. We will go to heaven with Jesus to rule with him, walk streets of gold and wear gold crowns forever. He will go to hell. Ha!

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by nobilis: 4:43pm On Oct 18, 2015
mohemos:

You were never an atheist neither have you ever considered yourself one. If you were, you won't be as simple-minded as this, asking useless questions (no offence). So don't arrogate to yourself what you're not.

Secondly, there are things called natural laws.
And sadly, adherents of eastern religions, and sorcerers and witches and wizards all understand the principles of those natural laws more than the so-called Christians.
And there are forces that exist and are woven into the very fabric of the earth. Forces such as gravitational force, electromagnetic radiation, and so on.
For example, you pick your fone, dial a number and somebody far away from you receives the signal without any physical connection between you two. To someone who hasn't experienced such before, it's as good as magic.

Those powers you talk about are harnessed by those people through keying into these natural laws. They obey certain codes and principles. That is why anybody cannot do "magic". U need to learn how to harness these powers. You need to learn what those natural laws are. Because if you go against them, you as the "magician" may die.

As for negating the existence of Christ, that one will take a very very long discussion.

So leave atheism alone. U don't have to be an atheist to disbelieve the existence of Jesus. There are many people who believe in God but do not believe in the existence of Jesus. They are not atheists.

3 Likes

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Rossikk(m): 5:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
TrajansKong:

The white man is a fool. Our churches are full. We will go to heaven with Jesus to rule with him, walk streets of gold and wear gold crowns forever. He will go to hell. Ha!

You lack basic common sense. Instead of you to ask the white man where exactly he got the Jesus story which he sold you, and is now washing his hands off of, you're claiming to know more about the story than the white man who introduced you to it. And even telling him he is going to 'hell' because he refuses to accept his own fairytale which he has long abandoned.

Isn't that in itself madness on your part?

I mean, you're so mad you don't even realise you're mad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
Rossikk:

You lack basic common sense. Instead of you to ask the white man where exactly he got the Jesus story which he sold you, and is now washing his hands off of, you're claiming to know more about the story than the white man who introduced you to it. And even telling him he is going to 'hell' because he refuses to accept his own fairytale which he has long abandoned.

Isn't that in itself madness on your part?

I mean, you're so mad you don't even realise you're mad.
BRO that post is a sarcasm

4 Likes

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Rossikk(m): 6:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
krattoss:
BRO that post is a sarcasm

And how are we supposed to know that? It's not quite sarcasm if there isn't a hint for readers to know you're being sarcastic.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by mohemos: 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
You mean you graduated from simple ignorance to complex ignorance. undecided

First of all, this is how you managed to fail all your English exams.
You completely ignored the issue and the facts given, and magically , like a wizard, flew over to the big bang and evolution.

And to make matters even worse, you miraculously tied evolution and the big bang to witches, wizards and soccery.

WTF?

This low level of mental output makes me thoroughly ashamed.
And bro, I am not blaming you completely.

I continue to blame an educational system that mystifies science ,while promoting magical thinking.

Just look at you, using your ideas about socery to mock universally accepted scientific theories.
CLASSIC.

Tufiakwa.

Young man, I stated it very clear that I wanted an empirical argument not rain of abuse but since your myopic thinking cannot comprehend the angle I was coming from I will come down to your level, Kindly check the first sentence in my comment, I assumed the OP is an atheist and my assumption led to the remaining text.
Still blaming your level of comprehension, you chose to misinterpret me by attributing the dark forces I mentioned to evolution or big bang.
Finally, I blame everything on myself for not considering your type of brain whilst commenting, am sorry for that it won't happen again. No offense please, one love bro.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by plaetton: 12:33am On Oct 19, 2015
mohemos:

Young man, I stated it very clear that I wanted an empirical argument not rain of abuse but since your myopic thinking cannot comprehend the angle I was coming from I will come down to your level, Kindly check the first sentence in my comment, I assumed the OP is an atheist and my assumption led to the remaining text.
Still blaming your level of comprehension, you chose to misinterpret me by attributing the dark forces I mentioned to evolution or big bang.
Finally, I blame everything on myself for not considering your type of brain whilst commenting, am sorry for that it won't happen again. No offense please, one love bro.

Empirical argument for what? shocked

What part of the op did you ever address before you flew off your magical witch's broom?

And what dark forces are you referring to ?
Can we measure and calibrate these so-called dark forces, or, have you been watching too many children's cartoons ? undecided
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Rossikk(m): 2:04am On Oct 19, 2015
mohemos:
Good one bro, am sure you are an Atheist...

The fact that you equate non-belief in Jesus with atheism shows you are massively ignorant and need to read more. Leave aside the fact that billions of people today worship God with no allegiance to christianity, humans have believed in God for thousands of years before christianity was invented, and will likely continue do so thousands of years after that religion expires, like its predecessors.

2 Likes

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Chizzled06(m): 5:37am On Oct 19, 2015
"The largest outdoor asylum on earth"
- a philosopher on 'The Holy Land', pilgrimage site for Jews, Christians and Muslims.

If one person has a delusion, it's called madness. When many people have the same delusion, it's called religion.

1 Like

Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Rossikk(m): 6:52am On Oct 19, 2015
Chizzled06:

''If one person has a delusion, it's called madness. When many people have the same delusion, it's called religion''.

Wonderful quote.
Re: Is Belief In Jesus A Form Of Madness? by Jameselias: 10:09am On Oct 19, 2015
nobilis:

You were never an atheist neither have you ever considered yourself one. If you were, you won't be as simple-minded as this, asking useless questions (no offence). So don't arrogate to yourself what you're not.

Secondly, there are things called natural laws.
And sadly, adherents of eastern religions, and sorcerers and witches and wizards all understand the principles of those natural laws more than the so-called Christians.
And there are forces that exist and are woven into the very fabric of the earth. Forces such as gravitational force, electromagnetic radiation, and so on.
For example, you pick your fone, dial a number and somebody far away from you receives the signal without any physical connection between you two. To someone who hasn't experienced such before, it's as good as magic.

Those powers you talk about are harnessed by those people through keying into these natural laws. They obey certain codes and principles. That is why anybody cannot do "magic". U need to learn how to harness these powers. You need to learn what those natural laws are. Because if you go against them, you as the "magician" may,

As for negating the existence of Christ, that one will take a very very long discussion.

So leave atheism alone. U don't have to be an atheist to disbelieve the existence of Jesus. There are many people who believe in God but do not believe in the existence of Jesus. They are not atheists.
I LUV DIS ANSWER MEEEEN...,

(1) (Reply)

How Fake Prophecies on The U.S Presidential Election Exposed Fake Prophets / Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? / The World Will End 12th April 2020 At Night ~ Prophet David Owuor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.