Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? (3307 Views)

'Doctors Told My Wife She Can't Conceive A Baby But Look At Us Now'. Photos / Recession: Abuja Couples Sell Wedding Rings To Feed.. / My Husband Gives Me N10 Per Meal To Feed A Family Of Six – Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by IdJack(m): 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
A friend of mine, send this with a question; Is This the Best Way to Feed a Baby?

Mothers, take care of the children God bless you with; knowing that you will give an account. Same with the father.

So terrible.

Well maybe I dont know if it is a culture in some place...Just asking

Have you visited this blog today

take a look

https://smartbusinessinfohub.com/13-best-business-ideas-you-need-to-start-in-nigeria-and-make-money/

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by madridguy(m): 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
@ OP correct way to feed a hungry baby that did not want to eat. We call it operation you must eat " dole " by fire by force. Very common in Yoruba land. I love everything about my culture. Omo O'dua

7 Likes

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by saxwizard(m): 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
common with the yoruba tribe sha

that looks like garri to me
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by madridguy(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2015
That is ogi not garri.

saxwizard:

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Pidggin(f): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2015
I think this is unhygienic

Terrible way to feed a child.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Truth24(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2015
Wat shitt
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by IdJack(m): 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
It should be Ogi..not garri
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by RobinHez(m): 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
I remember my mum doing this to my sister....
Cruelty! embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Haywhymido(m): 5:27pm On Oct 18, 2015
saxwizard:

na pap the yellow type.

1 Like

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Haywhymido(m): 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
I don't see anything wrong in it.It is nt an everyday thing, yoruba mothers only use it as the last means of feeding a hungry baby that has refused to eat.

1 Like

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Captainswag225(m): 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
jesus christ, even me, a man wont feed like dis. Some kind of moms we have nowadays. God save our babies..... Feeling sad and disgusted.

1 Like

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
Some children will just not eat, mothers who practice this need to be careful sha to prevent choking the child.

1 Like

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Captainswag225(m): 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2015
firstEVA:
Some children will just not eat, mothers who practice this need to be careful sha to prevent choking the child.
what is wrong is wrong. Should u ever attempt this with our children, hell will break loose.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Miami11: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2015
I remember a Ghanaian lady was jailed in UK for this kind of forceful feeding, which made her kid get fluids in the lungs, then pneumonia then death, I think she was jailed for almost 20 years

Sometimes we Africans cannot really think

3 Likes

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by eyinjuege: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
jesus christ, even me, a man wont feed like dis. Some kind of moms we have nowadays. God save our babies..... Feeling sad and disgusted.

This ain't about nowadays mums. Mothers these days hardly try it. It's the older grannies and great grannies that did it in their time. It's being phased out.

It's one of the most dangerous practices ever. Children actually aspirate and can die from it. The food instead of going to their stomach goes into the airways and lungs causing serious fatal damage. I have actually seen instances of babies that died from that cry

6 Likes

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Ewuro4: 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
firstEVA:

Aren't you the same poster who made same statement on similar a thread in past?

Please we shouldn't encourage this practice, it's a dangerous form of restraint and should be abolished. There are many many methods of getting food into children without force.

1 Like

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Captainswag225(m): 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2015
eyinjuege:

This ain't about nowadays mums. Mothers these days hardly try it. It's the older grannies and great grannies that did it in their time. It's being phased out.

It's one of the most dangerous practices ever. Children actually aspirate and can die from it. The food instead of going to their stomach goes into the airways and lungs causing serious fatal damage. I have actually seen instances of babies that died from that cry
yeah its very dangerous, even we grown up feel pains when food chokes us how much more these babies whose body systems arent even as strong as ours. I wish it stops completely.
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by AfricanApple(f): 8:20pm On Oct 18, 2015
saxwizard:

that means you are not seeing well grin
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ewuro4:

Aren't you the same poster who made same statement on similar a thread in past?

Please we shouldn't encourage this practice, it's a dangerous form of restraint and should be abolished. There are many many methods of getting food into children without force.
why not name these so many methods, that's why we have a thread like this
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
what is wrong is wrong. Should u ever attempt this with our children, hell will break loose.
hahahahaha, our children will love food like their mother and be as fat as I am grin
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Ewuro4: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2015
firstEVA:
why not name these so many methods, that's why we have a thread like this

Sorry, OP didn't ask for that.

But if you insist..

Get a high chair w tray, babies love to feed themselves .
finger food like : Boiled macaroni, ground beef, soft cut up chicken & hotdogs , dry cereals( Cheerios), boiled/steamed veggies (carrots, celery, turnips) & fruits. Etc

*Meal replacement is a good idea too, it's sweet, irresistible and most babies/kids looove it.

Babies don't need too much food at a time, their tummy is still growing .

I always tell my kids they don't have to finish their meals coz I serve healthy snack in between mealtimes.

*Taking Bigger kids grocery shopping to pick their own food choice is a great idea too.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Captainswag225(m): 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2015
firstEVA:
hahahahaha, our children will love food like their mother and be as fat as I am grin
i dont want our kidz to be fat like u.
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
Ewuro4:

Sorry, OP didn't ask for that.

But if you insist..

Get a high chair w tray, babies love to feed themselves .
finger food like : Boiled macaroni, ground beef, soft cut up chicken & hotdogs , dry cereals( Cheerios), boiled/steamed veggies (carrots, celery, turnips) & fruits. Etc

*Meal replacement is a good idea too, it's sweet, irresistible and most babies/kids looove it.

Babies don't need too much food at a time, their tummy is still growing .

I always tell my kids they don't have to finish their meals coz I serve healthy snack in between mealtimes.

*Taking Bigger kids grocery shopping to pick their own food choice is a great idea too.

nice one, thanks for the education

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2015
Captainswag225:
i dont want our kidz to be fat like u.
well there is nothing you can do about it, fat babies on the way undecided
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Ewuro4: 9:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
firstEVA:
nice one, thanks for the education

grin you're a scream.

1 Like

Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by IdJack(m): 10:42pm On Oct 18, 2015
It is just a question, I was asking....that was why I said; If it is a practice in some place.

IdJack:
A friend of mine, send this with a question; Is This the Best Way to Feed a Baby?

Mothers, take care of the children God bless you with; knowing that you will give an account. Same with the father.

So terrible.

Well maybe I dont know if it is a culture in some place...Just asking
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by cococandy(f): 10:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
Disgusting
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by tosyne2much(m): 1:34am On Oct 19, 2015
Miami11:
I remember a Ghanaian lady was jailed in UK for this kind of forceful feeding, which made her kid get fluids in the lungs, then pneumonia then death, I think she was jailed for almost 20 years

Seconded !!! cool
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by Omotayor123(f): 6:39am On Oct 19, 2015
Nigeria Mothers do this wella. Under the excuse that the child doesn't eat nor allow to be spoon feed.

I hate seeing a child being fed that way. embarassed
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by joehis2013: 9:23am On Oct 19, 2015
Miami11:

Yeah i remember that story, the mother was jailed.
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by JoyPaulLaw(m): 10:05am On Oct 19, 2015
Some people dey form ajebo for us here on Nairaland.....many of those saying 'wicked', 'terrible', 'dangerous' ways of feeding a child were fed like this for 6yrs and dem enjoy am.
Infact I know few ones on this thread.....but for security reasons....I will remain silence.
Re: Please, Is This The Best Way To Feed A Baby? by byvan03: 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
Very disgusting to even look at undecided.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Incest Situationship At Home. / So Confused Right Now / Who Can Relate To This.. My Mom Is A Toxic Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.