Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum (1489 Views)

Ex-FRSC Boss Buys Off Govt’s 7-day Old N13m Jeep As Scrap, Paying N150,000 / Ben Bruce To Osun Govt: I Will Not Respond To Your Attack During Ramadan / Wardrobe Allowance: Ben Bruce Mocking Nigerian Workers — Osun Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by talktimi(m): 12:37am On Oct 19, 2015
Even after collecting billions of naira in bailout funds, Aregbesola is still clueless on how to run Osun state prudently yet tomorrow he will seek for a higher public office.

By Gbenga Olarinoye

OSOGBO—The Nigerian Medical Association NMA, Osun state branch has issued a 7-day ultimatum to the state government to pay its members working with it all outstanding salaries, deductions and other allowances.

Besides, the body said it fully supported the on-going industrial action by Association of Resident Doctors, ARD, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital, LAUTECHTH, Osogbo and Osun State Association of Medical and Dental Officers, OSAMDO.

In a statement by the state Chairman and Secretary of the NMA, Dr. Suraj Ogunyemi and Dr. Adeola Ajibare at the weekend, the association said it resolved to issue the ultimatum after critical review of the situation pertaining to the health sector in the state.

“The NMA held a stake-holder’s meeting to critically discuss the decision of ARD, LTH and OSAMDO to embark on this avoidable strike and resolved to stand by these unions following the refusal of the state government to pay the outstanding salary arrears, deductions and other allowances.

“The NMA Osun is not a party to the purported Memorandum of Understanding MOU between the Nigerian Labour Congress NLC and the Osun State Government because such MOU is not in the interest of resident doctors and medical and dental officers working in the state.

While calling for the immediate payment of all outstanding salary arrears, the association asked the state government for the implementation of the Federal Government circular of Adjusted CONMESS.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/unpaid-wages-nma-gives-osun-govt-7-day-ultimatum/
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Ilekeh(f): 12:40am On Oct 19, 2015
This man still hasn't paid?

Why are they harsh on Osun when 80% of Nigerian states are owing salaries?

Either way, I'm proud of Osun people for fighting against the government. Now it's time to talk about impeachment.
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by marv1: 12:50am On Oct 19, 2015
This unacceptable. This gov should be impeached asap

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by ShowYourCertificate: 12:56am On Oct 19, 2015
AregbeRascal grin

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by talktimi(m): 12:56am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

Either way, I'm proud of Osun people for fighting against the government. Now it's time to talk about impeachment.
please name and shame the 80% I don't think any states scenario is as bad as Osun/Aregbesola's own

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Ilekeh(f): 1:14am On Oct 19, 2015
talktimi:
please name and shame the 80% I don't think any states scenario is as bad as Osun/Aregbesola's own

Imo state owes 15 months salary.

The following States are owing Six Months and above:

Benue State
Kogi State:
Platue State
Bauchi State
Imo State
Abia State
Osun State
Enugu( Parastals are owed 12month arrears

https://www.nairaland.com/2377269/list-states-owing-salaries-6
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by GODDYGEE91(m): 1:52am On Oct 19, 2015
Arebe shd start paying oustanding salaries. There is no nid fixin de moni bc d entire state is aware of de bailout.

Am happy der is no Jonathan 2 point accussing fingers at.

4 Likes

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by 400billionman: 2:19am On Oct 19, 2015
The tout is a sadist.

He looks like toothpick.

And has no brains..

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Pavore9: 2:23am On Oct 19, 2015
Aregbesola is not hrlping his image.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Republlican(f): 3:12am On Oct 19, 2015
Story for the gods
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by ifyan(m): 3:31am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

Wow surprised from you.

Anyway the truth shall set is free
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by likila: 3:33am On Oct 19, 2015
this osun doctors should take it easy.
they are in too much of a hurry.
aregbe has invested 15 billion dollars to get solar panels from france.
when they start making profit,
he will pay them.

suru lere

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Truckpusher(m): 3:34am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 3:34am On Oct 19, 2015
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 3:36am On Oct 19, 2015
Itz as if they are ready to stone the 'saint' now.
He was before his second term their saint and messiah in Osun. Why? Aregbe-rascal why?

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

Benue State
Kogi State:
Platue State
Bauchi State
Imo State
Abia State
Osun State

Ekiti ain't on this list and those from States dying of indebtedness will come up on NL to shout "Stomach Infrastructure" about Ekiti government.
How are the civil servants even restructuring their stomachs in those 6-month indebted states?

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Ilekeh(f): 3:49am On Oct 19, 2015
ifyan:

Wow surprised from you.

Anyway the truth shall set is free

You okay? If you're from any of the states mentioned, remain focused and protest like Osun people.

tonyfrenzy:

Ekiti ain't on this list and those from States dying of indebtedness will come up on NL to shout "Stomach Infrastructure" about Ekiti government.
How are the civil servants even restructuring their stomachs in those 6-month indebted states?

I reserve my comment. Anything that reminds me of Fayose just irritates me.

Truckpusher:
Good morning.

Lazy boy.....who asked you if your morning was good?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Truckpusher(m): 4:06am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

Lazy girl, you probably just woke up abi? tongue

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Ilekeh(f): 4:08am On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lazy girl, you probably just woke up abi? tongue

How's a person supposed to sleep with all these raucous of a tout's arrest?
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Truckpusher(m): 4:09am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

How's a person supposed to sleep with all these raucous of a tout's arrest?
grin grin They will stone you to death for saying that.

2 Likes

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Ilekeh(f): 4:12am On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
grin grin They will stone you to death for saying that.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I've got the best health insurance. cheesy
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Truckpusher(m): 4:13am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I've got the best health insurance. cheesy
Obamacare I guess. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Ilekeh(f): 4:15am On Oct 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Obamacare I guess. cheesy

PutinCare grin
Putin don suffer for Naija hand.

Witch, why are you still awake tho?
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Truckpusher(m): 4:16am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

PutinCare grin
Putin don suffer for Naija hand.

Witch, why are you still awake tho?
Night crawling things. cheesy

Ehe! wetin naija do oga Putin?
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by stanech: 5:21am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

Benue State
Kogi State:
Platue State
Bauchi State
Imo State
Abia State
Osun State

Osun can't afford not to pay because it is a purely civil servant state. States like abia can even decide not to pay I bet those guys have shoe making stores at the front of their houses. However for Imo I think Okorocha is using jazz on them. Though the situation is worse for Osun I think no state should be allowed to be indebted to its workers.

3 Likes

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Ilekeh(f): 5:26am On Oct 19, 2015
stanech:

Osun can't afford not to pay because it is a purely civil servant state. States like abia can even decide not to pay I bet those guys have shoe making stores at the front of their houses. However for Imo I think Okorocha is using jazz on them. Though the situation is worse for Osun I think no state should be allowed to be indebted to its workers.

How is the situation worse for Osun?
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by ziccoit: 6:02am On Oct 19, 2015
I see a governor, in Aregbesola, who is trying frantically to make up for his past financial recklessness and misappropriation of public funds before the expiration of his second term in order to escape EFCC sledge hammer. There are lots of thing he may not be able to explain unless he perfected the record. The petition wrote by that serving state judge has really put him on his toes. The news has it that the workers wages and salaries he put at N3.6b was found to be N1.9b or something. Who has been benefiting from the surplus? Why is he telling lies against his workers? Did he do that just to turn people of the state against his workers? Where is local government monthly allocation?

NLC seems to be in tune with the governor's macabre dance. The leaderships are compromised. The bailout was for salary arrears yet the governor has only been able to pay 2-3mths and claiming bailout has been exhausted. Who is fooling who? Why must workers and pensioners suffer the governor's incompetence? If Abia could offset all its debts of 3-12mths salary from bailout, there is nothing stopping other states from doing same.

Note: Aregbesola is my person and APC my party but I have strong aversion for thievery, mismanagement and in fact, all elements of corruption.
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by talktimi(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2015
There's a place propaganda will take you to after which you carry your load by yourself. After his tenure, Aregbesola might just have to start answering questions must likely starting from the opon imo scam he played on Osun people where his son got the multi billion naira contract. It's my opinion this man really hates Osun state and its people with a passion

1 Like

Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by ifyan(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

You okay? If you're from any of the states mentioned, remain focused and protest like Osun people.

Sis no be so.

If your neighbour house is on fire did you think yours Is safe.

Good morning
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by talktimi(m): 10:16am On Oct 19, 2015
Osun state executive should be scrapped and a military administrator sworn in. Aregbesola is clearly incompetent to lead
Re: Unpaid Wages: NMA Issue Osun Govt 7-day Ultimatum by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

Including moi

(1) (Reply)

Kano State Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje Doing His Legendary Nap In India ( Photo) / President Buhari Plans Another Trip To South Africa / Aba Markets To Close Down Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.