Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? (12999 Views)

Bunmi Okunowo: The Man In Charge Of Nigeria's ICT. Profile And Picture. / Why Nigeria Is Backward: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigeria's ICT Minister - Pix / Tinubu Corruption Profile: How He Illegally Cornered 371.1 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Ofodirinwa: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2015
Eziokwu1:

Mr Ofodiri, Yes you are right when you say most IT Companies in Nigeria are stated by the "opportuned class" and children of these people, but most of them have roots within Nigeria, not outside.
If it becomes a "culture" over time to domicile in certain ventures among a group, then it might become hard to "break in" in future. Connections and networks will become established , family businesses akin to the Chaebols/wealth properties of South Korea will form. It will become like caste in trade. look at retail/trade in Nigerian towns, that Igbos started venturing into in large numbers from the 70's onwards we have virtually dominated it, and it might be hard for any other group of people to compete with us in the above mentioned- you get the drift?

yes absolutely, though I would say venturing into anything really took speed in the late 80s. Most Igbo people of privilege have stories of their parents being poor, while many Yoruba of privilege can tell you of their grand parents being wealthy. This is why you have dynasties in the West and North, while most dynasties from the east were made to start all over in the 80s.

So when you see a lot of Yoruba businesses they tend to be older or started by people with rich parents, where as most Igbo businesses are started by a poor man becoming rich. The rich push their kids into education which opens the door for them to get into businesses where education is of advantage.

businesses like IT will have a Yoruba lead in the onset, then the gap will be closed.

2 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by ChimaAdeoye: 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
Yorubas will only use IT for 419 and other negative vices they are known for.
Abandoning IT sector to yorubas is a recipe for killing the IT sector in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by YonkijiSappo: 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:
Abandoning IT sector to yorubas is a recipe for killing the IT sector in Nigeria.

Just the same way the Igbos flood Nigeria's petty retail market with hazardous products? cheesy
Will most Yoruba owned retail outlets are legit.

15 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by totit: 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

Yet they are dominating,inscreasing and ruling IT industry in the country undecided grin

Oneluvfuu o grin

3 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by totit: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
Eziokwu1:
I can't help but notice the Yoruba domination of Nigeria's growing IT sector. For those who don't know, It meant Information Technology.
More than 80% of the country's new start up programmes, media houses, Websites, Newest innovations in ICT, E-commerce (Jumia, Deal Dey, Jobberman, Konga and the rest Etc)and especially the computer based Information technology sector have some form of Yoruba presence.

I am not cooking this up, I am talking from real experience here as I work in this sector, most of my good friends and co-workers are Yoruba, same goes for most other tech companies and startups, including those getting massive endorsements and money from abroad. While I don't think this is a bad thing I am just interested in knowing why and/or how come?

God bless yoruba race, God bless nigeria,and yoruba women for their independent mentality and education!

Oneluvfuu o

10 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by WIZGUY69(m): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

One Virus spotted!
if you have nothing to contribute, you leave the thread. it's not a must for you to show that you are foolish.
Mcheew

12 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by pazienza(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
Wonderful analysis by Ofodirinwa.

I heard another poster talking about the Yoruba initial dominance of the financial sector.

Well, most of these things are rooted on this particular event: www.nairaland.com/2516282/before-forget

Ndiigbo were left to scramble at the informal sector after that event, and a whole generation of Ndiigbo went into trading and missed out on formal Education.

We have gradually crawled back from that event, but we must never forget about it, lest some people come here to claim what they are not.

4 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:09am On Oct 20, 2015
Ofodirinwa:

yes absolutely, though I would say venturing into anything really took speed in the late 80s. Most Igbo people of privilege have stories of their parents being poor, while many Yoruba of privilege can tell you of their grand parents being wealthy. This is why you have dynasties in the West and North, while most dynasties from the east were made to start all over in the 80s.

So when you see a lot of Yoruba businesses they tend to be older or started by people with rich parents, where as most Igbo businesses are started by a poor man becoming rich. The rich push their kids into education which opens the door for them to get into businesses where education is of advantage.

businesses like IT will have a Yoruba lead in the onset, then the gap will be closed.

The Biafran war did huge damage to our development and that's why I hate to hear anything that will drag us back to Egypt(a place of suffering and grief). You all remember the indigenization policy. That's the genesis but we will see....Change they say is very constant.

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by ERODEDEAST(f): 12:15am On Oct 20, 2015
OP Instead if you to open a thread about how the HAUSAS Dominated the MILITARY and PARA-MILITARY e.t.c you are here foaming from ya mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Eziokwu1: 1:05am On Oct 20, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
OP Instead if you to open a thread about how the HAUSAS Dominated the MILITARY and PARA-MILITARY e.t.c you are here foaming from ya mouth.

What is my business with Hausa almajiri domination of military and paramilitary?
do these aspects of national parastatals develop the common people and community? NO.

I am talking about intellectual and economical fields here.

8 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Ritchiee: 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2015
pazienza:
Wonderful analysis by Ofodirinwa.

I heard another poster talking about the Yoruba initial dominance of the financial sector.

Well, most of these things are rooted on this particular event: www.nairaland.com/2516282/before-forget

Ndiigbo were left to scramble at the informal sector after that event, and a whole generation of Ndiigbo went into trading and missed out on formal Education.

We have gradually crawled back from that event, but we must never forget about it, lest some people come here to claim what they are not.
Good...that trading which the Yorubas left majorly for you is one of the reasons you have been the only largely employed tribe in Nigeria and I do pray that they open their eyes properly and see the joy in trading which will eventually become a sprawling business.But I am assuring you that Yorubas would continue to lead in ICT for a long time.Even the only person who is a phone maker in Nigeria is a Yoruba man...MICHEAL AKINDELE....
Hardship pushed your people to trade and the yummies had thought almost 90% of your people that trading is power.I am a graduate and a trader.TRADING...Best weapon against poverty in Nigeria...yes...in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Ritchiee: 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2015
basilo101:
Igbos are traders, we dont care what yorubas dominate but when it comes to trading just leave it to us. stop trying to use iyaloja or Deji or demolition to blackmail us, cary ur ICT expertise to east the way we carried trading to ur doorsteps.
You really make me laugh.Yoruba domination in ICT is already in the EAST,WEST,NORTH,SOUTH...ICT pervades the air.IT IS A SUPERIOR TYPE OF TRADING....

5 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by ariesbull: 6:02am On Aug 29, 2016
jaymichael:
Not all of us can go into trading. The Igbos may dominate the importation and trading of the hardware. Others may dominate the ICT aspect.

I'd hardware and software not imported and who dominated that space

Who dominate computer village
Who owns zinox ,CWG ,Sidmach,wakanow , Linda ikeji etc

Are they not ICT

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:12am On Aug 29, 2016
Ofodirinwa:
It appears that within Nigeria yes, though international the playing field is more leveled.

Nigerian Entrepreneur Chinedu Echeruo Sells His ‘HopStop’ app to Apple for $1 billion

I don't believe the entire Nigerian (indigenous) IT industry with worth up to $1 billion USD combined

what do they know about ICT?
One Zinox technologies alone can swallow everything they can think of

2 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:14am On Aug 29, 2016
ariesbull:

I'd hardware and software not imported and who dominated that space

Who dominate computer village
Who owns zinox ,CWG ,Sidmach,wakanow , Linda ikeji etc

Are they not ICT

The most successful blogs are run by Igbos.
The list of 10 apps built by africans for Africans saw 5 Igbos, leaving the rest of the continent to share 5, and they are yapping dust here

3 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:19am On Aug 29, 2016
Ritchiee:
You really make me laugh.Yoruba domination in ICT is already in the EAST,WEST,NORTH,SOUTH...ICT pervades the air.IT IS A SUPERIOR TYPE OF TRADING....

You are more likely to see igbo ict personnel in the west than in the east.
the only thing yorubas export to other Nigerian places are taxi driving and agbo selling.

4 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2016
Ritchiee:
Good...that trading which the Yorubas left majorly for you is one of the reasons you have been the only largely employed tribe in Nigeria and I do pray that they open their eyes properly and see the joy in trading which will eventually become a sprawling business.But I am assuring you that Yorubas would continue to lead in ICT for a long time.Even the only person who is a phone maker in Nigeria is a Yoruba man...MICHEAL AKINDELE....
Hardship pushed your people to trade and the yummies had thought almost 90% of your people that trading is power.I am a graduate and a trader.TRADING...Best weapon against poverty in Nigeria...yes...in Nigeria..

Have you heard of Anabel phones? Browse it.
You guys are not educated that's why you have restricted thinking.
Igbos dominate trading but they are undefeated in other sectors except politics

2 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:29am On Aug 29, 2016
In a world that has gone Virtual, Africa and Africans albeit late to the party are making sure they are not left out. Innovative Africans are everyday developing applications that can help improve the life of the increasing tech savvy Africans.
Some of the Apps that caught our fancy are,

1. Find-a-med – Developed in Nigeria, Emeka Onyekwe’s Find-a-med allows its users find the closest medical centres to them with complete turn by turn directions. It also allows them store and track their basic health information, search based on proximity and filter through specific healthcare providers; pharmacies, eye care centres, dental clinics and the like and, write reviews about any centre they have visited, helping other users identify highly rated health centres in their areas. The app is available on the IOS and Android plaforms at no cost.

2. M-farm – Founded in 2010 by a Kenyan Computer scientist, Jamila Abass after she read up on the ways Kenyan farmers are being cheated by middle men and buyers because of their ignorance on market prices. M-farm is available as a mobile app for internet enabled phones and via text, cutting away the cheating middlemen, and allowing buyers purchase produce from farmers who are aware of the worth directly. Over time because the company discovered that many small scale farmers don’t make enough sales as most buyers purchase in large scale, they developed a platform that allows farmers drop off the little produce when buyers show up and are being paid in mfarm credits that can be cashed or transferred to their bank accounts directly. Mfarm farmers have testified to have doubled their sales with the help of the application

3. Kidsfirstaid – An idea that was born in Capetown, South-Africa by Steve Morris and Paul le Roux. The application provides people and parents with quality first aid tips anywhere and anytime they need it, from step-by-step instructions on how to administer first aid, a voice guided walk-through for CPR, provision of the nearest health care centres with the help of the GPS and also the South-African emergency numbers that can be called directly from the app, this is definitely a life saver.

4. Okadabooks – with over 71,000 users signed up on this platform, Founder Okechukwu Ofilli’s aim, to improve the writing and reading culture of Nigerians, has sure been achieved to an extent. The app provides solutions to the publishing problems faced by African authors as well as piracy, authors can now publish their books on the application and sell for a set price, guaranteeing them returns on each purchase. It also provides readers with Over 10,000 African books and classics.

5. Afrinolly – the innovation behind Afrinolly that earned it the $25,000 cash prize for the Entertainment category of the 2011 Google Android Developers Challenge – Sub-Saharan Africa has also earned it over 4 million downloads in 2015. Founded in Nigeria by Fans Connect Online, a digital marketing agency headed by Chike Maduegbuna, it enables users watch African movie trailers, music videos, online comedy, celebrity gist and gossip, the latest entertainment news and other content. Afrinolly is available on virtually all internet connected platforms.

6. M-Pedigree – Moving from Ghana to over 12 countries including India and Bangladesh, Bright Simons’ M-pedigree was founded with the sole purpose of fighting counterfeit drugs in the market. Manufacturers can now label their products using m-pedigree software’s, which can be verified by final consumers when they purchase by texting the random code that appears under a scratch to a toll free number.

7. IrokoTv – Although Headquartered in London, what has been dubbed The Netflix of Africa allows its users stream paid for Nigeria’s Nollywood movies – the world’s third largest movie producing industry. An idea that came when Founder Jason Njoku found it hard getting Nollywood movies for his mother outside the Country, IrokoTv has so far raised over $25million in investment.

8. Wumdrop – Founded in 2014 when founders, Simon Hartley and Roy Mathieu Borole were looking for a reliable and affordable Courier service for their diaper delivering company. The South-African Uber of delivery uses freelance drivers, who take 70% of the delivery charge, to deliver products to buyers in no time. It’s available on smartphones for both drivers and buyers, allowing buyers pick up the closest drivers to them for speed.

Source : http://www.untoldafrique.com/2016/02/08/apps-for-africans-by-africans/

3 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Ritchiee: 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

lol...I'll answer you shortly,sir.
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Malawian(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Eziokwu1:

I am not saying other ethnic groups don't have a representation at all.
But in my opinion, Yorubas who supposedly make up 21% of Nigeria, make up probably 70% of Nigeria's new generation of aspiring ICT technocrats .
if Igbo people beat their chests, yoruba people really slaps their "mingu" [cone head], and that is what my niggah here is doing.

2 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
scholes0:

lol.... bros Abeg no be fight na....
So according to you, Yorubas have dominated internet scams and fraud, but have surprisingly left the other sectors of the internet untouched?
I'm beginning to b'liv that most of the igbo ppl on nairaland are nothing but F00ls.
Can you imagine what that guy put up there all his bid to insult the yoruba tribe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Lightening: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
Eziokwu1:

I am not saying other ethnic groups don't have a representation at all.
But in my opinion, Yorubas who supposedly make up 21% of Nigeria, make up probably 70% of Nigeria's new generation of aspiring ICT technocrats.

Ethnic jingoist. What mark have you made yourself? This should bother you more than gloating over the unverified achievements of some guys that do not know you exist. Go get a life!
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by ayindejimmy(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
luche90:
What a ridiculous lie. The only thing in IT, the Yoruba's can attempt to brag about, is Yahoo- Yahoo. The Igbos are naturally intellectual and smart, when it comes to technology, especially IT based technology. Go and check the population of Nigerians in the international IT community, you will notice they are of eastern Nigeria extraction. The OP should stop lying like an untrained monkey.

speak with fact.
y
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by rlauncher(m): 8:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
[quote author=Ofodirinwa post=39148729]
I think Igbo people are more likely to move abroad and start their company there than in Nigeria. The returners are higher, intellectual property is respected, and capital is easier to come by. It should be considered that most rich igbos are first generation wealthy due to the civil war. These companies are typically started by second generation people that are wealthy. Most of these companies are started by individuals with rich fapolithechnics,ndfathers. Where as an Igbo starter will be more likely to go to the US where venture capital is the means of raising money for an IT firm, not parents.

The average poor Nigerian of any tribe won't think to go in to IT because the odds of them growing up around or with it are low to non-existent. I think Igbos will close the gap in 20 to 15 years because the generational advantage will be lost. I firmly believe there are more rich to middle class Igbo people in Nigeria and world wide than any other tribe and their children are growing up around It.

That being said a lot of IT companies in Nigeria are Igbo, but like the Yoruba ones they're usually through the children of the rich and usually from people that have lived abroad.

You are dead wrong in your submission about Yoruba people in ICT. The origin of Yoruba people dominance in ICT began in the late 80's when they began to enroll enmass for ICT education after learning about how ICT was transforming the US and how it would be the next big thing i the future. NIIT and Aptech were the leading training institutions then. People either enroll directly after their secondary school's education or after graduating from the universities or polithechnics and it is still ongoing on massive scale as many indigenous ICT training institutions owned by Yoruba people have also come up.

Most of these training institutions, indigenous and foreign-owned have connections with foreign universities where their graduates can further their studies.This is how many Yoruba ICT students found their way to foreign universities offering training in ICT.

As to how they got their funding for the ICT business, it would interest you to know that most of them had worked with several multinational companies for many years before deciding to startup their own company. It had nothing to do with having rich parents or grandparents or depending on the wealth of any family members living abroad. My own elder brother is an example. He designed one of the application that is servicing all the banks in Nigeria today.

3 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by OFFICIAL336: 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nigeria's Top Software Earners
NUMBER - COMPANY - CEO - INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE - TURNOVER (Naira' Millions)
1 Computer Warehouse - Austin Okere - 18 - 498.2
2 SystemSpecs - John Obaro - 20 - 450
3 Socket Works - Alloy Chife - 15 - 260
4 Infosoft - Pius Okigbo Jnr. - 14 - 250
5 Infographics - Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu - 14 - 250
6 Progenics - Anthony Udoh - 20 - 218
7 Connect Tech. - Chris Uwaje - 30 - 200
8 CSA - Simeon Agu - 34 - 200
9 Sasware Ltd. - Adanma Ounegbu - 8 - 200
10 Signal Alliance Group - Collins Onuegbu - 16 - 200
11 Gen. Computers - Debola Ogunsina - 20 - 150
12 Innovative Systems - Ernest Aghanenu - 26 - 115
13 Allied Soft Ltd. - Chuma Ofoche - 9 - 114
14 Peers Consulting - Kole Jagun - 17 - 80
15 Labyet Polaris - Olaide Ayodele - 11 - 75
16 Precise Fin. Sys. - Yele Okeremi - 17 - 65
17 Condata Systems - Chris Nwannenna - 25 - 40
18 BSSL - James Emadoye - 20 - 30.5
19 Para Systems - Paul Nwagbraocha - 14 - 27
20 Magbel Technology - Atanmi Lekan - 16 - 15.2
21 E-Tranzact - Valentine Obi - 14 - 12
22 Odusoft Consult - Sola Odukoya - 17 - 12
23 Programos Amos - Emmanuel - 20 - 10
24 IE Tech - Efe Emore - 14 - 10
25 Pocket Intelligence - Tunji Durodola - 25 - 8.2
26 Qrios - Mosh Adetoro - 6 - 8
27 Icap - Chike Uwangwu - 11 - 7.5
28 Websoft - Johnson Dunmoye - 6 - 6
29 Globenet Tech. - Peter Arabome - 9 - 5
30 E-Softies - Nweike Onwuyali - 15 - 2.5
31 Ectel Systems - Gboyega Odumuyiwa - 3
Research on 2016 statistics and u will marvel. But lemme help you with SystemSpec alone.
As of 2016, SystemSpec is the best software company in Nigeria. But do you who their Lead Software Engineer is? Uchenna Okpagu, while Joshua Ochoge is their Senior Java Developer.
I just used the software industry as a case study. The fact that almost all Software companies are in Lagos doesn't mean the Yorubas owe them. Most of them are owned by the Igbos. Nigeria was systematically skewed to make the Eastern companies dependent on Lagos.
When u talk abt print media, we as well make wave. As of 2016, Igbos owe:
The Authority, Mirror founded by Obasi now acquired by Jimoh, the Telegraph (Nwuke), Sun, Daily Champion, Bussiness Hallmark, Complete Sports, The Awareness, ThisDay, Daily Times, and host of others. Of all the whole print media in the country, The Sun is the best and largest selling paper with 80% sales.
Disembark from your ignorance. Thanks

#Copied

6 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 6:56am On Aug 30, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

what do they know about ICT?
One Zinox technologies alone can swallow everything they can think of

BRIAN TECHNOLOGIES SWALLOW ZINOX. cheesy grin

http://www.nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/telecom/brian-computer-to-unveil-own-tablet-phones
Nigeria communicationsWeek recalled that during the 2006 edition of CTO fair, the Company formally launched into the Nigerian Market, Nigeria's first indigenous desktop computer to run Dual-core Intel@ Pentium@ D processors
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 7:08am On Aug 30, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Are you for real?Anabel does not make phones but imports anabel phones.Micheal Akindele is the only Nigerian making phones known as SOLO PHONES.Go read his story in forbes.

6 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 7:27am On Aug 30, 2016
Lightening:

Ethnic jingoist. What mark have you made yourself? This should bother you more than gloating over the unverified achievements of some guys that do not know you exist. Go get a life!

lol...That guy is an easterner and ICT savvy.Knows more than you and iyinyaAgbaoku that does not know anything about ICT and posting what he thinks is beneficial to him.The truth is Yoruba controls more than 70% of Nigeria ICT.And most ICT companies are owned by Yorubas.If you are ready....Thank God for the internet....iyinyaAgbaoku or you should compare with what I would be posting.I promise to at least give you 100 Yorubas and you wont be able to even give me up to 30 Igbos.We must be fair.No abuse.No running away except you know you have been defeated.Who is taking me on?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:27am On Aug 30, 2016
OFFICIAL336:
Nigeria's Top Software Earners
NUMBER - COMPANY - CEO - INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE - TURNOVER (Naira' Millions)
1 Computer Warehouse - Austin Okere - 18 - 498.2
2 SystemSpecs - John Obaro - 20 - 450
3 Socket Works - Alloy Chife - 15 - 260
4 Infosoft - Pius Okigbo Jnr. - 14 - 250
5 Infographics - Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu - 14 - 250
6 Progenics - Anthony Udoh - 20 - 218
7 Connect Tech. - Chris Uwaje - 30 - 200
8 CSA - Simeon Agu - 34 - 200
9 Sasware Ltd. - Adanma Ounegbu - 8 - 200
10 Signal Alliance Group - Collins Onuegbu - 16 - 200
11 Gen. Computers - Debola Ogunsina - 20 - 150
12 Innovative Systems - Ernest Aghanenu - 26 - 115
13 Allied Soft Ltd. - Chuma Ofoche - 9 - 114
14 Peers Consulting - Kole Jagun - 17 - 80
15 Labyet Polaris - Olaide Ayodele - 11 - 75
16 Precise Fin. Sys. - Yele Okeremi - 17 - 65
17 Condata Systems - Chris Nwannenna - 25 - 40
18 BSSL - James Emadoye - 20 - 30.5
19 Para Systems - Paul Nwagbraocha - 14 - 27
20 Magbel Technology - Atanmi Lekan - 16 - 15.2
21 E-Tranzact - Valentine Obi - 14 - 12
22 Odusoft Consult - Sola Odukoya - 17 - 12
23 Programos Amos - Emmanuel - 20 - 10
24 IE Tech - Efe Emore - 14 - 10
25 Pocket Intelligence - Tunji Durodola - 25 - 8.2
26 Qrios - Mosh Adetoro - 6 - 8
27 Icap - Chike Uwangwu - 11 - 7.5
28 Websoft - Johnson Dunmoye - 6 - 6
29 Globenet Tech. - Peter Arabome - 9 - 5
30 E-Softies - Nweike Onwuyali - 15 - 2.5
31 Ectel Systems - Gboyega Odumuyiwa - 3
Research on 2016 statistics and u will marvel. But lemme help you with SystemSpec alone.
As of 2016, SystemSpec is the best software company in Nigeria. But do you who their Lead Software Engineer is? Uchenna Okpagu, while Joshua Ochoge is their Senior Java Developer.
I just used the software industry as a case study. The fact that almost all Software companies are in Lagos doesn't mean the Yorubas owe them. Most of them are owned by the Igbos. Nigeria was systematically skewed to make the Eastern companies dependent on Lagos.
When u talk abt print media, we as well make wave. As of 2016, Igbos owe:
The Authority, Mirror founded by Obasi now acquired by Jimoh, the Telegraph (Nwuke), Sun, Daily Champion, Bussiness Hallmark, Complete Sports, The Awareness, ThisDay, Daily Times, and host of others. Of all the whole print media in the country, The Sun is the best and largest selling paper with 80% sales.
Disembark from your ignorance. Thanks

#Copied
Thanks bro, West side lead in propaganda, the Op is Yoruba guy using Igbo name to push his propaganda online, this is the same way they propagating they were leading in education grin Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2016
Cosbyrich:

Are you for real?Anabel does not make phones but imports anabel phones.Micheal Akindele is the only Nigerian making phones known as SOLO PHONES.Go read his story in forbes.

My friend, Anabel makes phones, deal with it. Tho I think the company is folded as I don't see their products around.
Even Slok by Orji uzor is there but not in commercial quantities. what's the brand name for the one your Mike makes? Solo!
I should read Forbes, did I read Forbes for infinix, techno and co?

You agree akindele makes but your type claims Innoson assembles.
Clap foryourself.

As far as all types of technologies are concerned, leave it for Igbos biko.
Zinox is there to start with

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:41am On Aug 30, 2016
Cosbyrich:

BRIAN TECHNOLOGIES SWALLOW ZINOX. cheesy grin

http://www.nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng/telecom/brian-computer-to-unveil-own-tablet-phones
Nigeria communicationsWeek recalled that during the 2006 edition of CTO fair, the Company formally launched into the Nigerian Market, Nigeria's first indigenous desktop computer to run Dual-core Intel@ Pentium@ D processors

And how does it swallow Zinox?
Did you read the list of softwares and their owners above?

Even Emeagwali the pioneer of supercomputing has gone global

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

And how does it swallow Zinox?
Did you read the list of softwares and their owners above?

Even Emeagwali the pioneer of supercomputing has gone global
I HAVE DECIMATED ZINOX WITH BRIAN. grin
lol....I won't touch Emeagwali the fraud with a long stick.
I do not want to talk too much THIS IS MY CHALLENGE.lol...Eziowu1who started this thread is an easterner and ICT savvy.Knows more than you that do not know anything about ICT and posting what you think is beneficial to you.The truth is Yoruba controls more than 70% of Nigeria ICT.And most ICT companies are owned by Yorubas.If you are ready....Thank God for the internet....You should compare with what I would be posting.I promise to at least give you 100 Yorubas and you wont be able to even give me up to 30 Igbos.We must be fair.No abuse.No running away except you know you have been defeated. Let us hit the ground running.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria-waec. / Kogi: Yahaya Bello’s Deputy Denies Dumping APC / Nigerians Await APC’s Promised Restructuring Five Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.