Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? (12998 Views)

Bunmi Okunowo: The Man In Charge Of Nigeria's ICT. Profile And Picture. / Why Nigeria Is Backward: Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigeria's ICT Minister - Pix / Tinubu Corruption Profile: How He Illegally Cornered 371.1 Billion Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 10:53am On Aug 30, 2016
AYOKUNLE ADENIRAN

The Nepaless Iron

Although the name may sound weird to many, make no mistake, it may just help straighten up your clothes in the absence electrical power or when you least expect it. This product is the brainchild of Ayokunle Adeniran, a mechanical design engineer based in the United States. This technologically gifted Nigerian saw a potential in a continent blighted by persistent power problems and general infrastructural deficiencies, and created a stopgap product to ameliorate the deplorable situation we find ourselves. The Nepaless Iron, also known as “Iron Rhino,” is basically a gas-powered pressing iron that works just like your normal pressing, except for the fact that it isn’t powered by electricity.

This Nepaless Iron is powered Butane, a hydrocarbon found in gaseous petroleum fractions. Butane is sold in small gas canisters, with retail price hovering around N120 per canister. This product comes in handy, especially in nation such as ours where electrical power is largely seen as a privilege by the masses..

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
OFFICIAL336:
Nigeria's Top Software Earners
NUMBER - COMPANY - CEO - INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE - TURNOVER (Naira' Millions)
1 Computer Warehouse - Austin Okere - 18 - 498.2
2 SystemSpecs - John Obaro - 20 - 450
3 Socket Works - Alloy Chife - 15 - 260
4 Infosoft - Pius Okigbo Jnr. - 14 - 250
5 Infographics - Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu - 14 - 250
6 Progenics - Anthony Udoh - 20 - 218
7 Connect Tech. - Chris Uwaje - 30 - 200
8 CSA - Simeon Agu - 34 - 200
9 Sasware Ltd. - Adanma Ounegbu - 8 - 200
10 Signal Alliance Group - Collins Onuegbu - 16 - 200
11 Gen. Computers - Debola Ogunsina - 20 - 150
12 Innovative Systems - Ernest Aghanenu - 26 - 115
13 Allied Soft Ltd. - Chuma Ofoche - 9 - 114
14 Peers Consulting - Kole Jagun - 17 - 80
15 Labyet Polaris - Olaide Ayodele - 11 - 75
16 Precise Fin. Sys. - Yele Okeremi - 17 - 65
17 Condata Systems - Chris Nwannenna - 25 - 40
18 BSSL - James Emadoye - 20 - 30.5
19 Para Systems - Paul Nwagbraocha - 14 - 27
20 Magbel Technology - Atanmi Lekan - 16 - 15.2
21 E-Tranzact - Valentine Obi - 14 - 12
22 Odusoft Consult - Sola Odukoya - 17 - 12
23 Programos Amos - Emmanuel - 20 - 10
24 IE Tech - Efe Emore - 14 - 10
25 Pocket Intelligence - Tunji Durodola - 25 - 8.2
26 Qrios - Mosh Adetoro - 6 - 8
27 Icap - Chike Uwangwu - 11 - 7.5
28 Websoft - Johnson Dunmoye - 6 - 6
29 Globenet Tech. - Peter Arabome - 9 - 5
30 E-Softies - Nweike Onwuyali - 15 - 2.5
31 Ectel Systems - Gboyega Odumuyiwa - 3
Research on 2016 statistics and u will marvel. But lemme help you with SystemSpec alone.
As of 2016, SystemSpec is the best software company in Nigeria. But do you who their Lead Software Engineer is? Uchenna Okpagu, while Joshua Ochoge is their Senior Java Developer.
I just used the software industry as a case study. The fact that almost all Software companies are in Lagos doesn't mean the Yorubas owe them. Most of them are owned by the Igbos. Nigeria was systematically skewed to make the Eastern companies dependent on Lagos.
When u talk abt print media, we as well make wave. As of 2016, Igbos owe:
The Authority, Mirror founded by Obasi now acquired by Jimoh, the Telegraph (Nwuke), Sun, Daily Champion, Bussiness Hallmark, Complete Sports, The Awareness, ThisDay, Daily Times, and host of others. Of all the whole print media in the country, The Sun is the best and largest selling paper with 80% sales.
Disembark from your ignorance. Thanks

#Copied
IGBOS AND LIES ARE INSEPARABLE TWINS.

This list is a fake even from 2005. This is the site they allegedly got it from...http://www.techtimesnews.net/

.GO AND READ IT.....https://www.nairaland.com/3845/top-earners-nigerian-software-industry

7 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 11:21am On Aug 30, 2016
MEET THE BEST IN AFRICA AND PROBABLY,THE WORLD.WE HAVE 2 NIGERIANS(YORUBA) BLAZING THE TRAIL...

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/african-scientists-meet-15-of-africas-most-brilliant-young-scientists/

## Hallowed Olaoluwa, Nigeria, Mathematical Physics, Harvard University & University of Lagos

Hallowed is the youngest person to be awarded a PhD in Mathematics in Africa. His research focuses on Functional Analysis, with a focus on Fixed Point Theory which has its applications in optimisation of allocations of resources such as network, power, workforce and Government Budget. Comprehensive optimisation schemes have tremendous impact on transportation network (traffic control, construction of routes to decongest heavy traffic), services offered by hospitals, industrial productivity and national budgets taking into account various economic, financial and social constraints.

## Tolullah (Tolu) Oni, Nigeria, Urban Epidemiology and Public Health Medicine, University of Cape Town, School of Public Health and Family Medicine

Tolu is working on establishing the Research Initiative for Cities Health and Equity (RICHE), an interdisciplinary research programme for urban health research in Africa. Her research investigates urbanisation and health and population health transition and aims to contribute significantly to existing knowledge on the changing patterns of disease and implications for health and wellbeing of the population in the context of urbanisation. In particular, her work explores the interaction between chronic infectious and non-infectious diseases, and the impact of the physical and socioeconomic environment on the health profile of populations living in unplanned urban settings.

GO AND READ ABOUT THE REMAINING AFRICANS. NO IGBO.

5 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2016
MITCHELL ELEGBE

INTERSWITCH

Nigerian Fintech Company Interswitch Could Become Africa’s First Public Startup Unicorn*

Africa’s first billion-dollar tech IPO on a major exchange may be imminent. Nigerian digital payments company Interswitch will likely go public on the London Stock Exchange (LSE) in 2016, sources confirm.

The Lagos based fintech firm, majority owned by private equity group Helios Investment Partners, provides much of Nigeria’s digital finance infrastructure. Founded in 2002, Interswitch’s product platforms process the bulk of the country’s growing volume in electronic bank, government, and corporate financial transactions. In personal finance, 32 million consumers use the company’s Verve chip and PIN cards, while its Quickteller digital payment app processed $2.4 billion in transactions.

On a pending IPO, Interswitch CEO and founder Mitchell Elegbe confirmed, “a dual-listing on the London and Lagos stock exchange is an option on the table. But “It’s not the only one,” he explained, “to facilitate potential exits” by the company’s private equity investors. “We are also looking at a possible trade sale,” Elegbe said on a telephone call from Lagos.

Though Interswitch’s CEO would not confirm a 2016 IPO, two sources said the company’s listing is imminent.....

https://techcrunch.com/2016/01/28/nigerian-fintech-company-interswitch-could-become-africas-first-public-startup-unicorn/

3 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
OYEKUNLE OLUKOTUN

MULTI-CORE PROCESSORS

Olukotun conceived the idea along with his friends in the mid nineties, after discovering the importance of multi-core processors in hardware utilization; however, it was until the early 2000s that his idea came to light. His innovation has paved way for the development of superfast, highly efficient computers and mobile smart devices

Multi-core processors enable computers handle lots of computing processes and tasks efficiently and effectively. Computers with multi-core processors perform a whole lot better than computers lacking them, and a Nigerian professor at Stanford, Professor Oyekunle Olukotun, played a pioneering role in its early development. A multi-core processor implements multiprocessing in a single physical package, allowing modern computers fitted with this kind of processors run multiple instructions at the same time...

2 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
Meccuno grin I can see you viewing
IyinyaAgboku has fled.Will you help him out or you have accepted that Yorubas control more than 70% of the ICT in Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by YonkijiSappo: 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2016
grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
Eziokwu1:
I can't help but notice the Yoruba domination of Nigeria's growing IT sector. For those who don't know, It meant Information Technology.
More than 80% of the country's new start up programmes, media houses, Websites, Newest innovations in ICT, E-commerce (Jumia, Deal Dey, Jobberman, Konga and the rest Etc)and especially the computer based Information technology sector have some form of Yoruba presence.

I am not cooking this up, I am talking from real experience here as I work in this sector, most of my good friends and co-workers are Yoruba, same goes for most other tech companies and startups, including those getting massive endorsements and money from abroad. While I don't think this is a bad thing I am just interested in knowing why and/or how come?

This is one knowledgeable easterner that is galvanising his people to emulate the Yorubas because ICT is the now and the future.I know Igbos control trading in Nigeria...I have even called my people to go into trading but not en mass like Igbos o.
Trading does not build an economy like ICT and manufacturing.The main saving factor for the Igbos is Nigeria....it is a big market...
Well the future is very bright for ICT and Nigerians are really delving into it especially YORUBAS WHO CONTROL MORE THAN 70% OF ICT IN NIGERIA.
Cheers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
YonkijiSappo:
grin grin cheesy
YES O grin grin grin
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2016
Cosbyrich:

I HAVE DECIMATED ZINOX WITH BRIAN. grin
lol....I won't touch Emeagwali the fraud with a long stick.
I do not want to talk too much THIS IS MY CHALLENGE.lol...Eziowu1who started this thread is an easterner and ICT savvy.Knows more than you that do not know anything about ICT and posting what you think is beneficial to you.The truth is Yoruba controls more than 70% of Nigeria ICT.And most ICT companies are owned by Yorubas.If you are ready....Thank God for the internet....You should compare with what I would be posting.I promise to at least give you 100 Yorubas and you wont be able to even give me up to 30 Igbos.We must be fair.No abuse.No running away except you know you have been defeated. Let us hit the ground running.

This thread is started by a yoruba with igbo monicker.
Even people who are not in ict know Zinox, and you are here talking of decimation.
you have done nothing but say the same things over and over.
prove Emeagwali didn't invent supercomputing.
Only the yoruba owned Sahara reporters bear the fraud trash.
Jealousy no go kill Una.

The list up there, How many yorubas did you see?
I am sure you don't even know Igbos had this much people in ict.
Look at the list of the top 8 apps developed by Africans for Africa, it has 5 Igbos while the rest of Africa shares 4..It's either you poorly market your products globally or you are mediocre or just don't exist.
Zinox is number one in Nigeria.
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
Main Street Technologies

Founder: Funke Opeke

Main Street Technologies the owners of Main One Cable began operations in 2007 pioneering the submarine cable system in West Africa. Funke Opeke a 1981 Elect Elect Graduate of the Obafemi Awolowo University founded the company. Before founding the company she worked for Verizon Communications in the US and then returned to Nigeria to work for MTN and then Nitel (between 2005-2007)

After setting up the company she went on to raise about $240million (N38.4billion) from the African Finance Corporation and some Nigerian banks which they used to build the first private submarine cable system in West Africa - Main One Cable. By providing the backbone for which fast internet connectivity is run in Nigeria and West Africa the company is very well positioned to tap into the huge infrastructural gap and earning potential of the information technology industry. Soon, more funding will be required to continue its huge expansion drive and Nigerians I expect will be on the waiting lines to help out as equity providers.

-------------

“MainOne” (formerly known as “Main One Cable” or “Main One”) is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa.

Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa.

MainOne’s world class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing online connectivity solutions in West Africa.

Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers

@IyinyaAgbaoku

I AM TALKING ABOUT ICT AND THE WHOLE TECHNOLOGY.YORUBA LEADS.FACTS LIKE PIX SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS IF YOU WANT TO SAY OR PROVE ANYTHING.DROP LINKS LIKE I AM DOING.
SOME IGBO MODS WILL TRY TO DISTURB ME BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW THE TRUTH THAT YORUBA TOPS IN TECHNOLOGY.
THE BIAFRA WAR LIES HAVE BEEN BUSTED.NOT THAT IGBOS ARE NOT GOOD TECHNOLOGICALLY...THEY ARE...BUT YORUBAS ARE BETTER..WITH FACTS NI KE(OF COURSE).

4 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 2:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
BattaBox presenter Odunayo gets to meet with possibly Nigeria’s youngest inventor Timilehin Daomi who has created a lot of great stuff including a vacuum cleaner, a water fountain,a pumping machine using scrap materials like pipes, bottles, cups etc.

In his interview, Timilehin revealed one of the keys to his success “Before doing anything, I draw the plan”

On speaking to his father who Barrister Daomi, we learn that Timilehin missed becoming a lawyer by a small chance as that was what his father wanted him to be, “I wanted my children to be lawyers… till I discovered he started spoiling things.

A true diamond in the rough, Timilehin is only a star waiting to shine.

http://www.duchessinternationalmagazine.com/wow-meet-nigerias-youngest-fantastically-creative-inventor/

Watch the inspiring video here..go to the site and watch.

2 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Cosbyrich: 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:
THE LIST WAS MADE UP.FAKE SOURCE.IGBOS DON'T HAVE UP TO 20 GOOD ICT PERSONNEL.YOU MUST WAKE UP.ICT IS THE FUTURE.TRACE THE SOURCE AND YOU WILL MEET A BLANK.. lol

This thread is started by a yoruba with igbo monicker.
Even people who are not in ict know Zinox, and you are here talking of decimation.
you have done nothing but say the same things over and over.
prove Emeagwali didn't invent supercomputing.
Only the yoruba owned Sahara reporters bear the fraud trash.
Jealousy no go kill Una.

The list up there, How many yorubas did you see?
I am sure you don't even know Igbos had this much people in ict.
Look at the list of the top 8 apps developed by Africans for Africa, it has 5 Igbos while the rest of Africa shares 4..It's either you poorly market your products globally or you are mediocre or just don't exist.
Zinox is number one in Nigeria.

I am sorry but they call Emeagwali the fraud.
Maybe because he lied and you believed him...

Who invented the first supercomputer?
A:
Seymour Cray developed the first transistorized supercomputer for the Control Data Corporation in 1958. He introduced the CDC 6600, the first supercomputer to use functional parallelism, in 1964.
Seymour Cray established Cray Research in 1972 with the aim of creating the most powerful and practical computers available. The company introduced several technologies Cray invented that became central to supercomputing, including immersion cooling and vector register technologies, with the development of the CRAY-1 in 1976 and the CRAY-2 in 1985. Supercomputers tend to cost billions of dollars, but they can process mathematical problems ordinary systems can't handle. Users have employed them to improve transport safety, to forecast hazardous weather and to simulate the capabilities of nuclear weapons...

https://www.reference.com/technology/invented-first-supercomputer-ae3185a5bd50219#

3 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Eziokwu1: 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ndiigbo are calling me Yoruba for starting this thread. Well I have no reply to that, it is typical.
Mark Zuckerberg just visited the biggest and most recognized startup company in Nigeria Yesterday (https://www.nairaland.com/3320558/pictures-mark-zuckerbergs-visit-cchub).... And guess the people on the management team...

ding dang ....

Bosun Tijani

Femi longe

Tunji Eleso

Abiodun Ajanaku

Mayowa Olunuga

Udeze Kene
(The token Nwanne who grew up in Lagos and managed to get his name into a list dominated by Yoruba names)

This thread was created to be a sort of sensitization to my people... if unu like make una continue throwing tantrums upandan because I spke the plain truth.

8 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Kaysalas(m): 10:42am On Apr 13, 2017
seunny4lif:
[b][/b]

Even in Germany here, Ibo are going for business while Yoruba most are going for study cheesy cool
Even in Akure the Computer engineering and other thing about the computer is done by the Yoruba while Igbo dey sale the computer....
Hey bro! Kindly tell me more about study in Germany. Sent you a p.m already
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by arinze2015: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2017
Eziokwu1:
I can't help but notice the Yoruba domination of Nigeria's growing IT sector. For those who don't know, It meant Information Technology.
More than 80% of the country's new start up programmes, media houses, Websites, Newest innovations in ICT, E-commerce (Jumia, Deal Dey, Jobberman, Konga and the rest Etc)and especially the computer based Information technology sector have some form of Yoruba presence.

I am not cooking this up, I am talking from real experience here as I work in this sector, most of my good friends and co-workers are Yoruba, same goes for most other tech companies and startups, including those getting massive endorsements and money from abroad. While I don't think this is a bad thing I am just interested in knowing why and/or how come?
please bro who own

zinox

e transact

slot

l5 lab

computer warehouse

iroko tv

not to talk of many blog owns by igbo
Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 13, 2017
My personal observation in terms of expert count, the Yoruba dominate the software service and programing sector. This is a personal observation based on the Lagos computer village experience. I see several of these young ones with amazing understanding of the IT business and services. I mean trying their hands on issues and coming up with solutions effortlessly. There are other tribes though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by arinze2015: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
bro that your personal observation
my is that igbo dominate nig ict base on many blog in nig are own by igbo and even software applicaton

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Basic123: 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Eziokwu1:

Is it because of the Lagos factor? please be objective.
so,he will only be objective if he says its lagos factor?
I beg,yorubas are naturally brilliant.They just dont brag.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by ipodstinks: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
luche90:
What a ridiculous lie. The only thing in IT, the Yoruba's can attempt to brag about, is Yahoo- Yahoo. The Igbos are naturally intellectual and smart, when it comes to technology, especially IT based technology. Go and check the population of Nigerians in the international IT community, you will notice they are of eastern Nigeria extraction. The OP should stop lying like an untrained monkey.
Hehehe, this o e is pained. Thank God the poster is igbo, he saw it and can't hide the truth. He said why other tribes did not come closer, see one Igbo with inferiority complex writing in pain. You will always be inferior to yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by reuben79: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
luche90:
What a ridiculous lie. The only thing in IT, the Yoruba's can attempt to brag about, is Yahoo- Yahoo. The Igbos are naturally intellectual and smart, when it comes to technology, especially IT based technology. Go and check the population of Nigerians in the international IT community, you will notice they are of eastern Nigeria extraction. The OP should stop lying like an untrained monkey.
mention one naa?

3 Likes

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Basic123: 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Have Yorubas Cornered Nigeria's ICT Sector? by Konquest: 3:37am On Nov 05, 2017
Eziokwu1:

^^^^^^^^^^^
Interesting... Yoruba and Nigerians
in general are brilliant people - with the
exception of those irredeemable ones.

Nice post. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unpaid Nigeria Airways Pensioners / Enugu Governorship Election Tribunal Orders Mbah To Appear Before It On Friday. / (Busted Wit Pic) The Lady Interviewing Is A Buhari Supporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.