Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,910 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo (4224 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Says Buhari Is Wearing N2m Shoes Despite Recession (Pics) / Tell Your People To Forget About Biafra: Buhari Tells Igbo Corpers / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by abu12: 9:15am On Oct 19, 2015
http://thenationonlineng.net/your-actions-insulting-deji-tells-igbo/

The Deji of Akure, Oba Ogunlade Aladetoyinbo, has accused the Igbo in Akure of insubordination.
He accused them of violating the tradition of the ancient capital of Ondo State.
The 48th Akure monarch alleged that the Igbo have no respect for him or the town’s culture.
According to Oba Aladetoyinbo, Igbo traders often violated the town’s culture and tradition. He said efforts to caution them had failed.

The Deji, who spoke through the Asamo of Akure land, Rotimi Olusanya, alleged that the Eze Ndigbo, Sir Gregory Ilehohika, recently embarrassed him and some of his chiefs in his palace.
The Igbo last week alerted to alleged plot by the Deji-in-council to dethrone the Eze Ndigbo.
They protested against the planned closure of their businesses and markets in Akure.

However, Oba Aladetoyinbo alleged that the Igbo trading at Mojere market recently contravened the rules guiding the market, which he said led to the invitation of some Igbo leaders, including the Eze Ndigbo, to the palace.

The monarch noted that the Eze Ndigbo refused to carry out his order to eject illegal traders from Mojere market.

He stressed that Akure is reputed to be peaceful, loving, accommodating and law abiding.

Oba Aladetoyinbo said: “We shall continue to allow integration of all Nigerians, but we will not allow anyone to degrade or trample upon our tradition and institution.”

But the President, Ohaneze Ndigbo in Ondo State, Okechukwu Okorie, earlier said the Igbo are law abiding and peaceful, adding that they respect their traditions and those of other ethnic groups.

He said the Igbo leaders who went to the Deji’s palace to honour his invitation were beaten up by some irate youths at the palace.

Okorie said the Deji was being misinformed by some individuals on the activities of the Igbo in Akure.

2 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by donTbone(m): 9:15am On Oct 19, 2015
I smell war!
angry
According to Oba Aladetoyinbo, Igbo traders often violated the town’s culture and tradition

Take it or leave it, every town and tribe have its own culture. Better for them to be culture and law abiding.

The monarch noted that the Eze Ndigbo refused to carry out his order to eject illegal traders from Mojere market.

Best as Deji invited the Eze, but a better explanation from the Ndigbo side would av saved them both from this embarrassment.

He said the Igbo leaders who went to the Deji’s palace to honour his invitation were beaten up by some irate youths at the palace.

If this is true, then those involved and behind it should be punished.

#shikena

2 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by SeverusSnape(m): 9:16am On Oct 19, 2015
Some of these traditional rulers love "respect" like their lives depend on it.

A king is going to see another king and you expect that incoming king not to wear his crown... Rubbish!, I shall put on my crown of gold, and the Oba will do nothing!

Anytime the Queen of England wants to pay him a visit, let him tell the Queen to remove her crown. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by tayebest(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2015
we need no war!
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by Republlican(f): 9:20am On Oct 19, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by kilode100(f): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2015
What war?...
No be ordinary Nairaland jobless youths?.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeggi!!!

25 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by CharlyNick: 9:23am On Oct 19, 2015
Na dem dey cause problem for themselves. Making EMPTY THREATS
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by FacelessPatriot: 9:28am On Oct 19, 2015
if the igbos don't respect you, would they have honoured your invitation? Even though you have forgotten that you are not the police, CCB nor EFCC. Whatever the deji likes, let him do, but let him know that if indeed he so desires respect, then he should remember that respect is reciprocal.

14 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by PointB: 9:31am On Oct 19, 2015
He accused them of violating the tradition of the ancient capital of Ondo State.
The 48th Akure monarch alleged that the Igbo have no respect for him or the town’s culture.
According to Oba Aladetoyinbo, Igbo traders often violated the town’s culture and tradition

All I keep hearing is vague accusations. What exactly did Igbos do to violate whatever was violated? Was there any effort to highlight those "tradition and culture" and it importance to all and sundry? Is it only the Igbos that violated these traditions? What about the others or are they saints or their violation of the rules are not as important as what Igbos are accused of? In any case, if several of people violate certain rule(s), does it not mean that such rules need to be reviewed in tandem with reality?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by Howmanage: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2015
Long and short, no more market. Let's see who suffers
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by cardoctor(m): 9:39am On Oct 19, 2015
Howmanage:

Better
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by KHAYGOLD(m): 9:57am On Oct 19, 2015
Igbo sne-sne.
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:58am On Oct 19, 2015
The oba of akure is suffering from acute Inferiority
complex. Nobody is dragging Oba throne with him .
If the Eze ndi igbo is truly disrespectful to the Oba,
why then did he honour the Oba's invitation. Eze ndi
Igbo is simply the elected leader of Igbo pple living
in akure, how does his position challenge the
position of the Oba of akure? The Oba behaved like a common street tout

Like Oba of akure, most yoruba youth are suffering
from acute inferiority complex. That's why they
demand for respect rather than work hard to earn it.

The Ogba ewu (Goat market) in head bridge market
in Onitsha is dominated by hausas, even those some igbos sell goat there also, an Hausas man has
always been the leader of the market and neither
the Obi of Onitsha nor Igbos youths in Onitsha has
ever felt threatened. Everybody is more occupied
with their business.

Why would an Oba feel threatened when an Igbo
man becomes a leader in a market highly
dominated by Igbos? Inferiority complex is the
answer. I understand that yorubas hate competition
in their land especially if the competitor is from another tribe. But they should know that America is great today bcus they welcome competition.

Igbos leave igboland to yorubaland, not that
yorubaland is more developed than Igboland, but
simply bcus business in Igboland is highly
competitive , unlike in yorubaland. In Igboland,
everybody has the business brain which makes it
highly competitive environ. Yorubas are not known
for buying and selling, they are more of white collar
jobs, which is an advantage for Igbos in yorubaland
who are more of business merchants.

The yorubas , hausas and other tribe exemption of
Igbo always scream 'one Nigeria'. But Igbos are the
tribe who practicalize 'one Nigeria' mantra, and yet
they are hated for that.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by abu12: 10:00am On Oct 19, 2015
However, Oba Aladetoyinbo alleged that the Igbo trading at Mojere market recently contravened the rules guiding the market, which he said led to the invitation of some Igbo leaders, including the Eze Ndigbo, to the palace.

[size=16pt]that is my point an avarage ibo businessman can not not survive in a business where there is law and order, only few of them will survive. They can only make it tru ILLEGALITY such as fake goods, stealing, lawless market etc. Why would they allow illegal traders into the Oba market? Since the oba don't won't illegal traders in his market? Lay rules and regulation for an ibo businessman in a market he won't survive it, he will run

Yorobaafenefere shld also act on this. [/size]

4 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 19, 2015
Howmanage:

The markets are open if dem born you well go and close it!!

2 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by DelticStephEn(f): 10:09am On Oct 19, 2015
q
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 19, 2015
abu12:

[size=16pt]that is my point an avarage ibo businessman can not not survive in a business where there is law and order, only few of them will survive. They can only make it tru ILLEGALITY such as fake goods, stealing, lawless market etc. Why would they allow illegal traders into the Oba market? Since the oba don't won't illegal traders in his market? Lay rules and regulation for an a businessman he won't make it, he will run

Yorobaafenefere shld also act on this. [/size]

What is the basis for saying any trader is illegal? What exactly did these traders do that constitutes illegality? The Deji should throw more light on this matter

6 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 19, 2015
If the deji is looking for someone who will bow and lick his ass, then he should look elsewhere
chukwudi44:

What is the basis for saying any trader is illegal? What exactly did these traders do that constitutes illegality? The Deji should throw more light on this matter
because igbos owe him nothing unless he pays their bill.

We give everyone their respect but we never allow any man on earth trample us.

chukwudi44:

What will make them illegal if not that they refuse to pay illegal taxation's to the so called deji

7 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by StOla: 10:21am On Oct 19, 2015
Indeed!
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by StOla: 10:24am On Oct 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:

A king is going to see another king and you expect that incoming king not to wear his crown... Rubbish!, I shall put on my crown of gold, and the Oba will do nothing!

Anytime the Queen of England wants to pay him a visit, let him tell the Queen to remove her crown. undecided

When did an economic refugee in Akure become king?
Is he the king of Onitsha or Nnewi?

King of which domain? You can see that your likes are trouble makers who should not be given an inch, else you'lld take a mile.

It seems you need some strokes from the Akure traditional cane.

2 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by heavenstorm: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2015
Thank ur jah dat we only have not just a gullible Yoruba but a lily livered 1 dat dey cannot flush u guys out by bringing more manufacturing agencies.... Creating more smes or giving local artisans headstart or proper empowerment... If not all dis do u think anybody needs ibo man in d neighborhood.... Cos left to me u lots suppose to be destroyed nd burned with fire.... Parasites Nd vermins dats what u all are.... Ibos Nd haughtiness... Disrespect.... Bragadoccio is like death nd hell fire.... Useless tribe
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by FKO81(m): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2015
The Deji or what ever the Idiota calls himself is very stupi.d, when Fulani came to Akure drag elder statesman Olu Faleayi on the floor, kept him in the bush for days, the idiota didn't alter a word, now your harassing hardworking Igbos, God punish you there.

7 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by superstar1(m): 10:33am On Oct 19, 2015
Long live Deji of Akure.

Any bastar.d that cannot comply should go back to their gully eroded land of red mud.

The y1bos are the least accommodating and their cursed land is the least habitable in this country.

Bunch of id1ots.

7 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by Obiagu1(m): 10:50am On Oct 19, 2015
What is respect?
When Yorubas go around harassing people and at the same time claiming accommodating.
What a bunch of insecure sub-humans!

Let me make this clear, Yorubaland is the only place in the whole country where non-natives are harassed daily. Quote me anywhere! This is not even disputable and here you are talking about respect.

Respect goes both ways.

7 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by Obiagu1(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2015
FKO81:
The Deji or what ever the Idiota calls himself is very stupi.d, when Fulani came to Akure drag elder statesman Olu Faleayi on the floor, kept him in the bush for days, the idiota didn't alter a word, now your harassing hardworking Igbos, God punish you there.

It is because Igbos haven't turned violent.
Igbos outside Igboland must arm themselves and start shooting at any little provocation.

This is the only way and the way forward!

2 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by doublewisdom: 10:54am On Oct 19, 2015
Respect indeed.
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by superstar1(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2015
chukwudi44:

The markets are open if dem born you well go and close it!!

He closed it and there is nothing y1bos were able to do about it.
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by heavenstorm: 11:13am On Oct 19, 2015
Obiagu1:

It is because Igbos haven't turned violent.
Igbos outside Igboland must arm themselves and start shooting at any little provocation.

This is the only way and the way forward!
Come try it for my town... If we won't kill u all.... Common bandit... Thunder fire u

1 Like

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by tonytony208(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Will Onitsha king ever allow another king in his domain? Your comment is one of the reasons Igbo's will end up being destroyed across Nigeria. You people are so unreasonable.

1 Like

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by SeverusSnape(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2015
tonytony208:

Will Onitsha king ever allow another king in his domain? Your comment is one of the reasons Igbo's will end up being destroyed across Nigeria. You people are so unreasonable.
You're mad. A fool of a took.

I'm not from Onitsha, But I know the Obi of Onitsha will allow it. Igbo land is an egalitarian society.

4 Likes

Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by illiad: 11:41am On Oct 19, 2015
K
Re: Your Actions Insulting, Deji Tells Igbo by donTbone(m): 11:48am On Oct 19, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You're mad. A fool of a took.

I'm not from Onitsha, But I know the Obi of Onitsha will allow it. Igbo land is an egalitarian society.

HEY! easy man... the guy meant no harm undecided
Which one be madness for dia now angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I May Renounce My Canadian Citizenship By Pius Adesanmi / IPOB Set To Make A Powerful Announcement That Will Shock Nigeria - Game Changer / Finally! Photo Of Our Dear President Buhari Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.