Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,392 members, 7,836,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

The Problem Of Nigerian Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Problem Of Nigerian Churches (1534 Views)

How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / Different Kinds Of People You Will Meet In Nigerian Churches (Meme Collection) / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problem Of Nigerian Churches by Rich4god(m): 9:29am On Oct 19, 2015
Why is it that Nigerian churches prefer to convert one another than to go out, looking for non believers to convert to Christ. I still don't understand how changing from one church to another will help us grow.
Most of our preaching thee days is mainly based on material things rather than ways to grow in our faith.

I honoured a friends invite to his Church sometime last month, and since then, the church workers unit don't want to give me a break. They keep calling me telling to come worship with them on Sundays. If to say them dey preach for me to improve my Christian life, it would have been better. All they are after is just to make me a member.

I don't want to start talking about the numerous flows in their preaching, cos I know that every church have its own flows when judged from another's perspective.

1 Like

Re: The Problem Of Nigerian Churches by Rich4god(m): 9:40am On Oct 19, 2015
One thing I have discovered is that almost all the churches in this nation are hypocrite. What they accuse another church of doing is what they are actually doing, may be in a modified way. Is it on tithe or offering, or is it on the issue of charging exorbitant fees/charges in the service they provide to the poor masses.

I can still remember my friend, whose invitation I honoured to his Church telling me that it's unbiblical worshipping God with symbols/objects. He was saying this cos I am a catholic. Now, when I went to his Church, the pastor was telling them that when coming next Sunday, that they should come with their mantle or white hanky so that he will bless it for them to use in their business and place of work.
Then I begin to wonder, is it not the same people that are kicking the catholics for using objects in worship.

It's high time we Christians define the way we do things. We should focus more on making pple live a better and holy life, than making shouting prosperity on our ears from morning till night.

We still have millions of people who have not heard the good news of Christ. Why fight for members among the different denomination.

4 Likes

Re: The Problem Of Nigerian Churches by spinoff: 10:11am On Oct 19, 2015
Rich4god:
Why is it that Nigerian churches prefer to convert one another than to go out, looking for non believers to convert to Christ. I still don't understand how changing from one church to another will help us grow.
Most of our preaching thee days is mainly based on material things rather than ways to grow in our faith.

I honoured a friends invite to his Church sometime last month, and since then, the church workers unit don't want to give me a break. They keep calling me telling to come worship with them on Sundays. If to say them dey preach for me to improve my Christian life, it would have been better. All they are after is just to make me a me.

I don't want to start talking about the numerous flows in their preaching, cos I know that every church have its own flows when judged from another's perspective.
Re: The Problem Of Nigerian Churches by Rich4god(m): 10:39am On Oct 19, 2015
[quote author=spinoff post=39130006][/quote].... you dey book space.
Re: The Problem Of Nigerian Churches by An2elect2(f): 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
I see that you've finally accepted(indirectly) that your catholic institution is hypocritical. Good move. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel smiley
Re: The Problem Of Nigerian Churches by Rich4god(m): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
An2elect2:
I see that you've finally accepted(indirectly) that your catholic institution is hypocritical. Good move. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel smiley
Pretty sure... cos only someone like you will assert that from my post.
Re: The Problem Of Nigerian Churches by italo3: 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2015
Rich4god, so you haven't figured out why they are scampering for members?

Let me give you a clue.

When you go to a food market, do the traders counsel you on how to eat good balanced and healthy diets or does each one just call you to buy his own stuff? Even the one selling a product that is bad for your health will want you to pay for his product them go home, eat it and die.

Those things you call "churches" are not Churches. They are businesses scampering for you money in tithe and offering.

Nothing else!

There is only one Church founded by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.
Re: The Problem Of Nigerian Churches by Princewell2012(m): 12:34am On Oct 20, 2015
italo3:
Rich4god, so you haven't figured out why they are scampering for members?

Let me give you a clue.

When you go to a food market, do the traders counsel you on how to eat good balanced and healthy diets or does each one just call you to buy his own stuff? Even the one selling a product that is bad for your health will want you to pay for his product them go home, eat it and die.

Those things you call "churches" are not Churches. They are businesses scampering for you money in tithe and offering.

Nothing else!

There is only one Church founded by Jesus Christ 2000 years ago.

HMMMM you have a point, but we still have some good disciples out there, who still worship God in truth and spirit.
Re: The Problem Of Nigerian Churches by italo3: 3:13am On Oct 20, 2015
Princewell2012:

HMMMM you have a point, but we still have some good disciples out there, who still worship God in truth and spirit.

You're very correct.
Re: The Problem Of Nigerian Churches by Rich4god(m): 11:12am On Oct 20, 2015
@Italo... The thing is worst than I thought. I used to hear that all what these churches preach is on prosperity. It was that Sunday that I really understand what that meant. The way they go about it is really alarming. And at end of the service, the pastor will be like.... while coming next Sunday, try and come with a new member.

(1) (Reply)

Repent For The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand / OPINION: Rv Father Pictured Dancing With His Village Masquerade: Is This Right? / Jehovah Witness Is Built On Lies And False Teaching. Get Out Of That Cult!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.