Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse (5934 Views)

What Is Your Best Bible Verse? / Which Bible Verse Is The Most Quoted By People? / What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by plaetton: 8:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
italo3:
The question is: why are Atheists troubled when God talks about killing people who offended him?

Who told them that it is bad to kill an offender?

*some of them will now insult me without answering my query.

If you need a bloodthirsty Yahweh to tell that it's bad to kill an offender, then you truly need prayers.
Lol.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by toluayo93: 9:33pm On Oct 19, 2015
pls any Yoruba aithiest of satanist here. coz I want to believe they will never partake in dumb shit like this.

1 Like

Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Princewell2012(m): 12:03am On Oct 20, 2015
[quote author=TrajansKong post=39143564]
Their petty atheist minds have been polluted with notions of kindness, fellowship. logic, humour, empathy and love for humanity which are but the smallest portion of Yahweh's character. His nature is plain for all to see.

The greater shame is that there are far too many so-called Christians who follow them in the like corruption and wince and scurry at the mere mention of God's racist, bloodthirsty infinitely genocidal hatred.

He is a God of War, and Revenge. Rejoice!![/quote
Jesus i know paul i know but who are you?

P

1 Like

Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by italo3: 3:21am On Oct 20, 2015
plaetton:

Unbelievable!
Is this italo or a facsimile ?
plaetton:

If you need a bloodthirsty Yahweh to tell that it's bad to kill an offender, then you truly need prayers.
Lol.
plaetton:

Lol.
This response resembles something out of the stone-age mind.
You are surely that at your best today, italo.

Three lame attempts to smear me, just as I predicted...Yet no answer to my question.

The question is: why are Atheists troubled when God talks about killing people who offended him?

*some of them will now insult me without answering my query.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Chizzled06(m): 5:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
ayoku777:

What do you mean that pastors and christians ignore this verse? What new testament doctrine does this verse teach us, for it to become an emphasis in the church now?

That scripture was a prophecy of God's impending judgment on the Babylonian empire.

Psalm 137v8 - O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us.

And if you understand anything about the nature of judgment under the old covenant; you will know that;

One, judgments are not just visited on the perpetuators, but also on their offsprings, even generations after him.

Exodus 34v7 - Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

And two, that people reap what they sow. And this judgment was a harvest of the cruelty the Babylonians have meted out to other nations. The Babylonians were reaping what they have sown among every nation they've attacked.

Psalm 137v8 -O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee AS THOU HAST SERVED US.

Jeremiah 50v1 -The word that the Lord spake against Babylon and against the land of the Chaldeans by Jeremiah the prophet.

v15 -Shout against her round about: she hath given her hand: her foundations are fallen, her walls are thrown down: for it is the vengeance of the Lord: take vengeance upon her; AS SHE HATH DONE, DO UNTO HER.

The Assyrians and the Babylonians were very sadistic empires. And God gave them a taste of their own medicine through the Medo-Persian Empire under Darius and Cyrus.

But, that being said; if this scripture is not popular in churches now, its because its an already fulfilled prophecy against Babylon and its message is not of any relevant emphasis under the new testament. Unless to just say you will reap what you sow if you don't repent.

Shalom!

So adept at Jewish folklore, yet so ignorant in recognising the plight of your fathers at the hands of the white man and this his god that approves of slavery.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Antiparticle(m): 4:14am On Oct 21, 2015
Yoruba agnostic humanist here. The Christian god (like all other gods I've ever heard of) is an invention of the human mind.

toluayo93:
pls any Yoruba aithiest of satanist here. coz I want to believe they will never partake in dumb shit like this.

3 Likes

Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Judas2013: 9:21am On Oct 21, 2015
Antiparticle:
Yoruba agnostic humanist here. The Christian god (like all other gods I've ever heard of) is an invention of the human mind.

True!

1 Like

Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Princewell2012(m): 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
TrajansKong:

Bless you, my brother!
One who understands...Why can't all believers have such a pure and unapologetic faith?? Our God is a God of War. He is jealous and angry as you and I fully understand! He sheweth NO MERCY to his enemies or their children's children's children. They paid the price of their wickedness in full! His vengeance and hatred are infinite in this world AND THE NEXT!!! Selah!
Lest ye repent the judgements meted out on today's ungodly will be as nothing compared to those Old Testament terrors.
As True Christians we flinch not from the death and torture of innocent women children and foetuses. Unlike these false Christians, we do not turn from mass-rape and genocide. For too long have we chafed under the yoke of those of little faith.We embrace our Lord's Will. It shall be done.

Come! It is time for a new ministry. There is much work to be done. We will work together. Our hearts and hands are ready for the New Harvest.

Let us reap!
Shalom!!
Jesus i know paul i know but who are you

I returned those things you have attributed to God back to sender. (you)
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by TrajansKong: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
Princewell2012:

Read your Bible! There are multiple instances of every action and attribute stated above that God, his people and his prophets engaged in and endorsed. This thread features two separate quotes from that book where god commands the disembowelling of pregnant women.

What bible are you reading?
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by TrajansKong: 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
Princewell2012:

Basically, you don't know the god of the Bible...
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Princewell2012(m): 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
TrajansKong:

Read your Bible! There are multiple instances of every action and attribute stated above that God, his people and his prophets engaged in and endorsed. This thread features two separate quotes from that book where god commands the disembowelling of pregnant women.

What bible are you reading?

Elisha prayed and bears came out from the bush and devoured about 42 little children who make mockery of his bard head.

Can a christian do that today

is like you are still living in the past.

Hope you are not a wolf in sheep clothing?

pls stop misleading people about God.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by plappville(f): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
TrajansKong:

Yes! Behold the wisdom of the faithful. This is the Christianity the Lord demands! Disembowelling a pregnant woman is done in the glory of Divine Justice, as you say. Genocide of the Amalekites, similarly...Ring out the bells. Let it be preached throughout the land. There can be no shame in child murder or rape done in God's name. Let us banish the doubters from our midst. Selah!

My brothers, let us cast aside the meek and weak holding back you and I who uphold the True Faith. Lo, our numbers increase. Our time is now. Let us study and build together a new empire of boundless sadism, obedience and fear.

In the name of the God of Israel!

What is this one talking about?
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by plappville(f): 10:55pm On Oct 21, 2015
plaetton:

Pls pls tell us in what ways Babylon was inhuman to the jews.

And also tell us in what way it compares to how the European Christians , over the past 2,000 years have been inhuman to the jews.
And while you are at it, kindly compare to how the Christian European Germans were inhuman to the jews just 75 or so years ago .

Babylon persecuted God's people according to the bible Daniel 1:1-4.
The Europeans who persecuted the Jew's were not Christians at the first place. If you are following the example of you master. You have to do like him. Jesus didnt kill so no true Christian can kill. Those who killed the Jews hid under the name of Christianity. They cant back thier acts with the bible.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by italo3: 11:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
The God-haters are still dodging the questions below:

Why are Atheists troubled when God talks about killing people who offended him?

Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by TrajansKong: 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
plappville:

What is this one talking about?
I speak of the God of the Bible. A war god. The true god. Join us. Read the Bible. Fear him. Worship him.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by plappville(f): 11:21pm On Oct 21, 2015
italo3:

I think its because They are so scared to die. grin
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by plappville(f): 11:23pm On Oct 21, 2015
TrajansKong:

I speak of the God of the Bible. A war god. The true god. Join us. Read the Bible. Fear him. Worship him.

I know him dear. He is a loving God. And also a Jealous God.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by italo3: 11:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
plappville:

I think its because They are so scared to die. grin

Very possible.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 22, 2015
ifeness:
Why do Pastors and their flock of sheep ignore this verse?

Please don't say God works in mysterious ways
sorry which bible verse? my phone is not so sophisticated.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Anas09: 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hmmmmm. Following this pathetic lot, am confused as to who they really are, God-haters or Atheist?
Up until now, I think the only person who sounds a little bit like an Atheist is Johnnydon, but then, he still bashes Yahwey.
If God doesn't exist then nothing shd be ascribed to him, good or bad.
AND, ifeness can you see? The Abrahamic God judged the sumarians and their gods, who comes first now?
Am waiting for Responds to ITALO's question.
Why are Atheists so afriad when God kills his enemies? Afterall he created and gave them life, so he can take it, wenever he chooses to.

AND what is wrong in killing a wicked man like Adolf Hitler, Osama, the Isis leaderans, Boko haram leaders, and sending them to hell?
Pls answer.

Ifeness ur stupidity is legendery. You go opening threads, we beat u up, u'll run from there and open another one. You are being flocked left, right, centre, still u r not ashames to open another thread. Ayoku77 shut u up, but u have no shame. Whatever u represent hasn't a good representative at all. U talk like a child everywhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Jeromejnr(m): 4:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
Chai! Ifeness has suffered.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
Anas09:
Hmmmmm. Following this pathetic lot, am confused as to who they really are, God-haters or Atheist?
Up until now, I think the only person who sounds a little bit like an Atheist is Johnnydon, but then, he still bashes Yahwey.
If God doesn't exist then nothing shd be ascribed to him, good or bad.
AND, ifeness can you see? The Abrahamic God judged the sumarians and their gods, who comes first now?
Am waiting for Responds to ITALO's question.
Why are Atheists so afriad when God kills his enemies? Afterall he created and gave them life, so he can take it, wenever he chooses to.

AND what is wrong in killing a wicked man like Adolf Hitler, Osama, the Isis leaderans, Boko haram leaders, and sending them to hell?
Pls answer.

Ifeness ur stupidity is legendery. You go opening threads, we beat u up, u'll run from there and open another one. You are being flocked left, right, centre, still u r not ashames to open another thread. Ayoku77 shut u up, but u have no shame. Whatever u represent hasn't a good representative at all. U talk like a child everywhere.

There is nothing to answer when there is no god.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Chai! Ifeness has suffered.

Suffered in what way I am trying to get you out of the well of ignorance you are still talking. Italo can go suck on the pope if he wants

1 Like

Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by zeongeon: 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
how can you hate what doesn't exist...confused aethiests
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by plappville(f): 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
ifeness:

Suffered in what way I am trying to get you out of the well of ignorance you are still talking. Italo can go suck on the pope if he wants

[size=18pt]
S...H...A...M...E.... tongue
[/size]
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Anas09: 9:19am On Oct 23, 2015
Ifeness answer ITALO3.
Why are U folk so troubled when God kills Offenders, and who told you killing offenders is wrong?
Satan's little helper.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 23, 2015
Anas09:
Ifeness answer ITALO3.
Why are U folk so troubled when God kills Offenders, and who told you killing offenders is wrong?
Satan's little helper.

Answer what exactly ? What is the question?
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 23, 2015
italo3:

You claim your god is love right? But true love can never kill because it is UNCONDITIONAL!

Unconditional love is known as affection without any limitations, it can also be love without conditions.A love that knows no bound.An example of this is a parent's love for their child; no matter a test score, a life changing decision, an argument, or a strong belief, the amount of love that remains between this bond is seen as unchanging and unconditional.

I as a person will never ever kill a fellow human regardless of what he/she does to me. Why will a god(obviously doesn't exist) kill the people he claimed he loved. Even if a man kills his fellow human, the punishment shouldn't be death.Why? Because two wrongs won't make it right.

If your (no evidence)god kills humans because of their wrong doing,then we have negative reaction + another negative reaction and the result will be NEGATIVE.

This why it is hard to believe such a creature(u call it god) exists
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 23, 2015
Anas09:
Ifeness answer ITALO3.
Satan's little helper.

That is my answer to Italo3 or whatever his name is.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by italo3: 7:38am On Oct 24, 2015
ifeness:

You claim your god is love right? But true love can never kill because it is UNCONDITIONAL!

Unconditional love is known as affection without any limitations, it can also be love without conditions.A love that knows no bound.An example of this is a parent's love for their child; no matter a test score, a life changing decision, an argument, or a strong belief, the amount of love that remains between this bond is seen as unchanging and unconditional.

I as a person will never ever kill a fellow human regardless of what he/she does to me. Why will a god(obviously doesn't exist) kill the people he claimed he loved. Even if a man kills his fellow human, the punishment shouldn't be death.Why? Because two wrongs won't make it right.

If your (no evidence)god kills humans because of their wrong doing,then we have negative reaction + another negative reaction and the result will be NEGATIVE.

This why it is hard to believe such a creature(u call it god) exists

According to God, He is also the life in man. So by remaining obstinate in serious sin, one has already rejected God who is life...and chosen death.

God's love includes giving obstinate sinners what they choose (which is death)

Do you want to force God to practise your personal opinion of love?

By what authority do you impose your opinion on all 7billion people on earth?
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 24, 2015
italo3:

According to God, He is also the life in man. So by remaining obstinate in serious sin, one has already rejected God who is life...and chosen death.

God's love includes giving obstinate sinners what they choose (which is death)

Do you want to force God to practise your personal opinion of love?

By what authority do you impose your opinion on all 7billion people on earth?

According which of the thousands of gods in mythology? There has never ever been evidence such a god exist. Oh I think you meant Obatala,or zeus,Oriris? which one?

How can a god who doesn't exist perform a personal love on me? Perhaps you meant alien DNA program on me?

I am not imposing,your catholic cult have been trying to impose their belief on us all on the planet. Free thinkers are the victims of your dangerous faith here.
Re: Christians,why Do You Always Ignore This Bible Verse by italo3: 8:49am On Oct 24, 2015
ifeness:

According which of the thousands of gods in mythology? There has never ever been evidence such a god exist. Oh I think you meant Obatala,or zeus,Oriris? which one?

How can a god who doesn't exist perform a personal love on me? Perhaps you meant alien DNA program on me?

I am not imposing,your catholic cult have been trying to impose their belief on us all on the planet. Free thinkers are the victims of your dangerous faith here.

There goes the senselessness in bold.

The same person who clearly mentioned the God of the Bible in his OP...suddenly doesn't know which God is being discussed.

That's why I prefer discussing with Hahn. He might be wrong on certain issues...but he still has a brain.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Sharing In The Church Today Like The Early Church? / HISTORY: Who Still Remembered Prophet Eddie, That Was Beheaded Bakassi Boys. / Why Do Africans Hate Gay People So Much?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.