Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,757 members, 7,851,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:45 PM

AS Genotype: What Would You Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / AS Genotype: What Would You Do? (821 Views)

AS Genotype Getting Married To AS Genotype / We Are Both As Genotype,what Is The Way Out? / As Genotype Freind Wants To Marry As Female (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Dynamic3(f): 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2009
What would you do if your genotype is AS and your boyfriend's genotype is SS (that is he had sickle cell) and both of you guys have plans of getting married in the future, let's say 3-4 years from now? I need some advice on this topic.
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Czarskit(m): 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2009
~ There won't be much of a problem since he 'HAD' sickle cell ~ That means he has it no more, abi? ~
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Dynamic3(f): 7:37pm On Apr 30, 2009
I'm sorry. I mean, he has sickle cell as in he still has it.
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2009
~ There won't be much of a problem since he 'HAD' sickle cell ~ That means he has it no more, abi? ~
  I know you compiled oxford advanced dictionary for advanced learners. but at least the message is well understood.
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Czarskit(m): 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2009
~ Yeah! It sure was. And you were even dumber not to respond to it ~ I wonder if virus-harbouring ass wipes like you will eva get off my tail ~

~ @topic: The worst that can happen in such a marriage is: AS + SS = AS, AS, SS, SS. Guess u knw what this means. So consider the consequences b4 taking any action. ~
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Pittbaby(f): 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2009
Ask a doctor , there are some advances in the control of sickle cell , but not something to be entered into lighlty , If you have a sickle cell husband and child , that is a lifetime dedicated to taking care of sick loved ones that may pass b4 their time.
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by iice(f): 9:57am On May 01, 2009
How many times must you people post this topic?
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by maray(f): 10:12am On May 01, 2009
leave him for d sake of my unborn children lipsrsealed
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Moonstone(f): 10:20am On May 01, 2009
Leave him - there's a 50% chance that your children will be SS. It's not worth it. Just because your bf beat the disease does not mean that your children can.
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Secretz(f): 11:33am On May 01, 2009
@ poster,

Look to the future, not how much you like or love the person now. How things will effect you in the end, In my opinion it is better to look at the worst case scenario,

If not, then abeg! do not come and put thread here in 6 years time complaining! grin
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by IFELEKE(m): 1:13pm On May 01, 2009
iice:

How many times must you people post this topic?
I wonder.
@Poster,
What you should be asking is how to raise S.S children.
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 01, 2009
if you had done research on the subject, you would have known that a bone marrow transplant can be a cure for it. so instead of looking at it negativel , you shouldbe positive and say that its possible to be happy in the future being AS SS or whatever.
believe it or not, i had never heard people Bitching so ,uch about this AS thingy it until i joined NL.
if you are really concerned about it then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT~!!!!
having children shouldnt be a reason to throw away something seemingly good but we are talking 9ja mentality so who knows?!.
being married and having children is society sign of happiness and success!!!!!(oh lord!!!)

the relationship you have should have been the center stage not what you are carrying or what he or she got? you already failed!
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Moonstone(f): 5:17pm On May 01, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

if you had done research on the subject, you would have known that a bone marrow transplant can be a cure for it. so instead of looking at it negativel , you shouldbe positive and say that its possible to be happy in the future being AS SS or whatever.
believe it or not, i had never heard people Bitching so ,uch about this AS thingy it until i joined NL.
being married and having children is society sign of happiness and success!!!!!(oh lord!!!)
Do you know how much that will cost and do you have any idea how feasible that is in Nigeria?
The AS thing is big problem because sickle cell is still a pretty important concept back home.
So far, no cure has been found for it IN Nigeria.
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 01, 2009
Moonstone:

Do you know how much that will cost and do you have any idea how feasible that is in Nigeria?
The AS thing is big problem because sickle cell is still a pretty important concept back home.
So far, no cure has been found for it IN Nigeria. 

fair enough but then if there is no bone marrow transplant treatment in 9ja (and no match) then go where the treatment/matching donor is available.
people shouldnt say that life being AS/SS is impossible. it can be genetically passed on to your children but that is NOT the end of the world just because you aint got bone marrow treatment.

thinking about it, there are far worst things that will come to my mind for a poor person in 9ja than living with sickle cell.
brings back to mind the thread of the girl who went to prostitute herself to pay mothers hospital bill OR the 8yr old that was married to a 50yr old,  all in the name of poverty. so just being AS/SS and poor is a piece of cake.
if you really love each other, go adopt one of the MILLIONS of kids in orphanages looking for good parents to love them.
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Dynamic3(f): 1:15am On May 02, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I really love this guy and I'm not going to let our genotypes ruin my happiness. The best thing for me to do is to seek God. Afterall, he is a miracle performer.
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by Pittbaby(f): 8:18pm On May 08, 2009
@ poster , faith is great !!

just dont ask him why he as abandoned you when are living with the consequences of your actions, the bible does say "Don't Test God "
Re: AS Genotype: What Would You Do? by nethacker(m): 8:31pm On May 08, 2009
@poster, i guess u r reasonable enough to take action, even if we tell u everything,wetin u go do dey ur mind already, abeg carry on jare, tongue, My ex girl is AS i am AA when she left she dated an AS and the day she knew he is an AS,she broke d relationship and came back begging me.
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me / Is It My Baby? / Waist Band

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.