Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? (7441 Views)

Lagos Launches 6820, Short Service Code To Report Domestic Violence, Child Abuse / Forcing A Child To Eat: Is This Child Abuse? / 11-Year-Old Boy Maltreated By Stepmum: See The Highest Order Of Child Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by crackhaus: 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2015
priscaoge:

My opinion is Hell No cheesy cheesy cheesy
Why?

You think your husband can rape your daughter?

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by widowhusband: 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hepatitis alert
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Kimoni: 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2015
lilmax:
The man's eyes are closed shocked

That's the scary part right?
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by lilmax(m): 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2015
Kimoni:

That's the scary part right?
very
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Youngpo413: 9:12am On Oct 25, 2015
adeaks:
Honestly don't think there is anything wrong with the picture. It's just a Dad playing with his daughter.

I think it's just one of those pictures where the unfortunate timing of the picture makes the whole thing look worse than it actually is.
assuming they are oyibos (whites) the OP wouldn't had complained.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by MurderX: 2:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
Thats a wrong emotion to show to a child. Its not fatherly at all, it is rather base and creepy. He has the capacity to sleep with this child in future . Wife run away with your child for your good, you are dealing with a pervert, it starts like this, then to handling and next to sexual abuse. The kind of love expressed here is not a fatherly love, its more romantic, imagine the fool even closing his eyes, whats on his mind is sexual in nature.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by MurderX: 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
Youngpo413:
assuming they are oyibos (whites) the OP wouldn't had complained.

Dont say what you dony know, if such a picture is seen in the western country, I can bet that the pervert will be in jail by now. For just sharing a bathtub with his granddaughter and posting online, a man was sanctioned in the US.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
Do you have a guilty act right there? Sure.

Was there a guilty intention? It's hard to tell, given that he is her father. If there was though, coupled with the guilty act, then it is child abuse. However, if there was no guilty intention, then its safe to say his action simply shows injudiciousness, which is also condemnable.
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
Gaborone:
Do you have a guilty act right there? Sure.

Was there a guilty intention? It's hard to tell, given that he is her father. If there was though, coupled with the guilty act, then it is child abuse. However, if there was no guilty intention, then its safe to say his action simply shows injudiciousness, which is also condemnable.

Where is the guilty act? How is the act guilty and who pronounced it as guilty When did kissing your own child become a guilty act Under which law? Na wa o. undecided

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Glamglam(f): 3:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
the picture get as e be sha.. even the baby does not look pleased

www.thisismum.com

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
adeaks:

Where is the guilty act? How is the act guilty and who pronounced it as guilty When did kissing your own child become a guilty act Under which law? Na wa o. undecided

Fara bale.

Let me explain. Generally in law, when deciding whether a crime has been committed, you do so by considering the presence or otherwise of two ingredients. The first is the physical act, otherwise known as the actus reus (guilty act), while the second is the mental intention, otherwise known as mens rea (guilty intention). Excepting a few crimes (like manslaughter for eg) for it to be said that a crime has been committed, the accused must have done the guilty act (if I can use that expression) with a guilty intention. The two must go together before you put a stamp on it.

For sexual abuse for eg, there has to be the presence of some form of physical contact (the guilty act), plus the intention to derive some form of sexual pleasure (guilty intention) from such contact. That's the reason I said there is the guilty act here(the wierd kiss), and further stated that I couldn't tell if there was a guilty intention, since the fact that the guy is the baby's dad makes it hard to tell. As such, unless we can prove the guilty intention here, we can't say for sure if there was sexual abuse. Although, some physical acts make it crystal clear that the accused did same with a guilty intention...but that's a story for another day.

Whatever the case though, my stance is that the guy exercised poor judgement in kissing that baby that way, regardless of whether he had a guilty intention. And, no, its not wrong for a dad to kiss his baby, but there're different kisses for different occasions. The one in the pix is not for dad and baby. Rara.

Hope we've fara baled now.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Gaborone:

Fara bale.

Let me explain. Generally in law, when deciding whether a crime has been committed, you do so by considering the presence or otherwise of two ingredients. The first is the physical act, otherwise known as the actus reus (guilty act), while the second is the mental intention, otherwise known as mens rea (guilty intention). Excepting a few crimes (like manslaughter for eg) for it to be said that a crime has been committed, the accused must have done the guilty act (if I can use that expression) with a guilty intention. The two must go together before you put a stamp on it.

For sexual abuse for eg, there has to be the presence of some form of physical contact (the guilty act), plus the intention to derive some form of sexual pleasure (guilty intention) from such contact. That's the reason I said there is the guilty act here(the wierd kiss), and further stated that I couldn't tell if there was a guilty intention, since the fact that the guy is the baby's dad makes it hard to tell. As such, unless we can prove the guilty intention here, we can't say for sure if there was sexual abuse. Although, some physical acts make it crystal clear that the accused did same with a guilty intention...but that's a story for another day.

Whatever the case though, my stance is that the guy exercised poor judgement in kissing that baby that way, regardless of whether he had a guilty intention. And, no, its not wrong for a dad to kiss his baby, but there're different kisses for different occasions. The one in the pix is not for dad and baby. Rara.

Hope we've fara baled now.

cheesy

The first paragraph of your analysis is right.... the second part, not so much. wink The first sentence of ur second paragraph is actually wrong.

For sexual abuse of this nature,(of a minor) mens rea is immaterial as it is a strict liability offence. If the man in this scenario is to be charged, will you charge him with rape? Definitely not. You would rather charge him with sexual abuse and exploitation" and under section 32 of the Child's Right Act, there is no mention of intention. Once the act is deemed to be sexually abusive or exploitative, the intention is immaterial and infact, consent of the minor [if any] will not avail him as a defence. Therefore, contrary to what you wrote, you don't have to prove intention to gain a conviction. At the very least I'm sure you must have heard/read of the old case of R v Prince.

Now back to my question. On what legal basis are you rating a kiss for you to know when it becomes a weird kiss thereby constituting an actus reus? Which Act or Law categorizes the kind of kiss that is acceptable and that which is not acceptable?
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by EfemenaXY: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
priscaoge:
Is this a child abuse or an innocent kiss from a Dad? Considering the recent happenings around us today, Ladies, would you be comfortable if Ur hubby do this to your daughter?? Guys what's Ur opinion on this?

Let's discuss!!

Only a perv would snap such a picture and at such close proximity.

How were you able to do this? Are you the victim's child's mother? The perv's man's wife? Or both?? lipsrsealed

#Disgusting pic#
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Richy4(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
Due to hunger for news and stories, if given a chance, some Nigerians will be worst than Aljazeera reporters

Can you just imagine this OP?
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by dayosweetness(m): 10:08am On Apr 12, 2016
priscaoge:
Is this a child abuse or an innocent kiss from a Dad? Considering the recent happenings around us today, Ladies, would you be comfortable if Ur hubby do this to your daughter?? Guys what's Ur opinion on this?

Let's discuss!!

Cc:
Lalasticlala
Ishilove

this op dont have sense, what kind of thought is dis??
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
There's nothing wrong with the picture posted. The angle at which it was taken makes it appear to be a full-on passionate kiss. But it's not. It's simply a father showing affection to his child.

I kiss all my kids on the mouth - my son and my daughters, both at home and out in public, it's no big deal, and no one sees it as wrong or strange. They are at the age where it doesn't really matter.

I give all my children baths too, my son and my daughters. I bet certain readers here will say it's wrong. That's their opinion. An innocent picture of a father kissing his daughter, and their dirty minds are already buzzing like beehives. Warped and twisted minds, they can't see the wood for the trees.
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
MurderX:
If such a picture is seen in the western country, I can bet that the pervert will be in jail by now.

Really? I must be one of the lucky ones then.

I have kissed my son and daughters on the lips in public, no one has batted an eyelid, no one has called Social Services, no one has thrown me into the slammer.
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2016
Tallesty1:
So it is now illegal and an abomination for a man to kiss his daughter because you read about men that molest their kids?

How about this?

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20140310/ARTICLE/140319968

Sarasota woman found guilty of molesting boy, 10.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4536569

Natalie Webb molests Three OfHer Children.

http://jezebel.com/mother-jailed-for-molesting-12-year-old-son-while-partn-1617346672.

Why is it that women take the issue of molest serious only when men are the culprits?

Good question. I doubt you'll get a straight answer though.
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2016
priscaoge:
Again there is a limit to everything, u don't deep Ur mouth and tongue into a baby's mouth because u meant no harm. They are too tender and can contact germs

Gross exaggeration, sister. Where can you see the father's tongue in the baby's mouth? I guess you must have really good eyes, or mine are really poor, because I can't see the tongue you're seeing.

1 Like

Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by priscaoge(f): 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
dayosweetness:

this op dont have sense, what kind of thought is dis??

You are d senseless one here. Biko shift
Re: Photo: Is this a Child Abuse? by Christmasdon(m): 3:44pm On May 13, 2020
Op e never reach like that now, the baby is so small. u mean if i have my daughter like this, i will not eat meat with my mouth and put in her mouth like from dads' mouth lurked to the child's mouth. so many fathers do this o. e never reach that level now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Living With Parents After Wedding / Is It Wrong For My Husband To Wash My Panties? / Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.