Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" (3341 Views)

EFCC Set To Prosecute Former Governors Accused Of Corruption / Era Of Free, Easy Money Is Gone For Good – Buhari / EFCC Can Investigate And Prosecute Fayose now: Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
SkyBlue1:
Your sermons are condescending, it would be amusing if it wasn't so peurile. So Jonathan shielding corrupt politicians is brushed aside despite the fact that months ago you were shoving him down our throats as the only viable leader.

Question. Have any groups submitted petitions to EFCC with evidence about Fashola and Amaechi and they were told by EFCC that they won't look into the case? You shout Amaechi and yet you so rigidly defend what was obviously and internationally agreed sham of an election In Rivers State where people were actually killed and there was brazen rigging and voter intimidation, and you have the gall to lecture anybody about the virtues of fighting corruption. You lack any sort of credibility and as a result it is very difficult to take anything you say seriously. What are we now supposed to do with this your sermon?
what happened in rivers state cant be compared to what went on in katsina, kano and kaduna states where underage boys who know nothing abt election where made to vote. In a sane clime that is corruption and those states election would ve been cancelled.
Stop showing ur ignorance here.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by lawflec(m): 10:12pm On Oct 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Was it not Yar'adua that employed the pro-corrupt Aaondoaka as Attorney General and minister of justice? Was it not the government that frustrated the only anti-corruption czar that we have (Nuhu Ribadu) and whittled down EFCC's power? Was it not Yar'adua that refused to prosecute Atiku and others? Oga, leave Yar'adua matter abeg. If na anti-corruption crusade, Yar'adua no follow.
Now, Aodoaaka was spotless before appointment, he only enmeshed himself in the stream of corruption prompting his SAn being stripped and removed. On Nuhu Ribadu he was merely selective on who he prosecute and how he prosecutes whom. Yar adua hates such and in order to extricate himself from the cabals he was shown out of the country. El Rufai is a living testimony. On Atiku, if u think he is corrupt letPMB try him and convict him. Atiku, to me and many others is merely powerful and not corrupt same could be said of Tinubu.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
Afam4eva:

The body language of my thief is progressive.
My own thief was baptised by the blood of the progressives when he tore his Umbrella card and embraced the broom.

1 Like

Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by kingdompropty: 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Exactly what I have been saying, Amaechi was indicted, Fashola petitioned, but Apabio is the one feeling all the heat and Amaechi is been rewarded with a ministerial position.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by Okanokan(m): 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

My own thief was baptised by the blood of the progressives when he tore his Umbrella card and embraced the broom.

They are all BABATHIEF
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
lawflec:

Now, Aodoaaka was spotless before appointment, he only enmeshed himself in the stream of corruption prompting his SAn being stripped and removed. On Nuhu Ribadu he was merely selective on who he prosecute and how he prosecutes whom. Yar adua hates such and in order to extricate himself from the cabals he was shown out of the country. El Rufai is a living testimony. On Atiku, if u think he is corrupt letPMB try him and convict him. Atiku, to me and many others is merely powerful and not corrupt same could be said of Tinubu.
Oga no even go there. Aaondoaka has always been a friend and partner of the corrupt elite. He was nominated by James Ibori who was determined to 'deal' with Ribadu. Ribadu was NEVER selective! He discharged his duties meritoriosly and brought the highs and mighty to their knees including serving Senate President and IGP. On El-Rufai, I don't know what you are talking about. As for Atiku Abubakar, don't go there. Atiku DIVERTED billions of PTDF funds to private account when he was VP. He NEVER denied but only said Obasanjo also stole. Have you heard of Jefferson? Atiku can't travel to the USA and return the same. Oga, abi you take us for fools? Them pay you?

On Tinubu, he's a smart crook that hardly leave trace!!!
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by glassjar1: 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria is a very unique country with her way of doing things. We all agree that corruption is one of the biggest clog in the wheel of our progress. We all complain on how elected and appointed politicians and civil servants steal our common wealth. It is a consensus that billions of dollars borrowed on "our behalf" by people on authorities at all levels. Despite all these, we have degenerated into the level of "investigate, arrest and prosecute your own thief but leave mine alone". How did we get this low?

Olusegun Obasanjo Era: "Prosecute Them All"
Before the return of democracy in 1999, corruption was like a norm in Nigeria. It denied Nigerians social amenities and put the masses in abject poverty. The coming of EFCC and ICPC to try corruption, bribery and other economic crimes in 2003 brought a sigh of relief to Nigerians. Nigerians always celebrate whenever a BIG fish is arrested by former EFCC Chairman Mallam Nuhu Ribadu. Among the top shots that fell to EFCC/ICPC hammer are exMinister Fabian Osuji, ex-Senate President Adolphus Wabara, ex-IGP Tafa Balogun, ex-Gov late Diepreye Alamesiegha, several senators etc. In addition, major top-shots like ex-VP Atiku Abubakar, ex-Chairman of NPA Olabode George(who as at that time was the PDP Deputy National Chairman, South), 33 state governors etc were indicted by the EFCC under the Obasanjo administration. Not even the excuse of Alhaji Garba Shehu, the spokesman for Atiku Abubakar's accusation that the old Ota farmer was getting back at Atiku and other 'perceived' enemies because of the failed third term bid could sail through. Neither did Nigerians take any sermon of political 'witch-hunt' as valid defence. We all wanted people to be brought to book.

Though Nigerians commended Obasanjo's fight, the accusation of selective prosecution was prominent in the socio-political space. Specifically, Obasanjo repeatedly shielded Olabode George from prosecution despite the indictment against him since 2003. The song on the lips of Nigerians was "prosecute them all"

Umaru Yar'adua Era: "Stop shielding corrupt elite, prosecute them all"
When Yar'adua took over office, he was expected to allow the EFCC prosecute the outgoing Vice President Atiku Abubakar and all corrupt governors that were indicted while in office having lost their immunity. Alas, Yar'adua introduced the 'plea bargain' that allows a man that steals billions to bargain and surrender a few millions in exchange. For instance, ex-Edo state Governor Lucky Nosakhare Igbenedion was indicted by Ribadu-led EFCC of looting $24million of Edo state fund, he was convicted by court under plea bargain and was asked to pay a meagre N3.5million. Yar'adua also appointed Michael Aandooaka, the defence counsel to James Ibori, George Akume etc as Attorney-General of the Federation. The administration moved to remove Mallam Nuhu Ribadu from his position as EFCC boss and whittled down the prosecution powers of EFCC, ICPC and CCB. Nigerians wailed and cried that corruption is being rewarded while anti-corruption punished. Yar'adua also nominated and appointed Senator Adamu Aliero, a former governor of Kebbi state and then serving senator as FCT minister. Aliero was indicted by the EFCC for corruption.
Our call through out the administration was "Stop shielding corrupt elite, prosecute them all"

Goodluck Jonathan Era: "Stop Institutionalising Corruption"
Although, credit to Jonathan that he was keen on separating the Yams from the Goats(according to his famous Goat and Yam theory). He signed the Freedom of Information bill into law, introduced policies that encourage transparency, but he failed to pursue cases against 'Goats' that ate 'yams' before and during his administration, especially his appointees. Those that were indicted in subsidy investigation and those that focused their attention on public resources were given freehand. For instance, Abdulrasheed Maina, was appointed as Chairman of Presidential Task Force on Pension Reform was indicted by the Senate over allegation that he looted N193billion of pensioners money, yet it took consistent wailing from Nigerians before Jonathan bothered to remove him from office. He wasn't prosecuted. Similar case was that of Stella Oduah who was indicted for N260million car saga. Though we have to credit Jonathan's government for indicting Sule Lamido and Murtala Nyako. Under Jonathan, corruption technically became 'Institutionalised'. Nigerians cry became "stop institutionalising corruption"

Muhammadu Buhari Era: "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me"
Buhari was elected on the platform of change mantra. Apart from the usual "Sai Baba" crew, there are people that thumb-printed for Buhari and APC did so on the premise of fighting corruption. Just two days on taking office, Buhari government withdrew the ongoing corruption case against Timpre Sylva and now rewarded him with party ticket for Bayelsa election. Pa Audu Abubakar only recently promised to return the monies he stole when he was in government. The EFCC has deliberately refused to work on the petitions against ex-Govs Rotimi Amaechi, Raji Fashola etc. In fact, the infamous N78million for 'website' and N128million appropriated just for TWO boreholes by Raji Fashola is being treated with levity. We all know that CONTRACT INFLATION is a crime according to EFCC Act. In fact, one of the charges against Olabode George was contract inflation. Despite his glaring hypocrisy, the President must be credited for the ongoing prosecution of Senator Bukola Saraki and the invitation of some ex-governors by the EFCC. Unlike during the Obasanjo era when people celebrate when someone is arrested for financial crimes, this era people first check the name of who's arrested, his party and then decide whether or not to shout 'Sai Baba' or to cry 'witch hunt'. In fact, APC fans will justify rewarding their corrupt chieftains with federal appointments. Some PDP fans and Chieftains will cry dictatorship and witch-hunt when the axe falls on PDP Chieftains irrespective of the merit of the case. It is now a talk of "prosecute your own thief but leave mine alone".

It is shameful and unpatriotic that people no longer pay heed to the financial crimes of officials. They forget that there is no honor in trying to shield the same people that looted our common wealth from facing their crimes. It is more disappointing that the Buhari-led administration is leading the charge in this new trend of prosecute their thieves but reward our own.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

get out of my way . you want to be a popular writer ? there by living in propaganda and compromise . I know you very well

you speak with two side of your tongue . looking for cheap popularity in zoological retard land .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by Ballmer: 10:44pm On Oct 19, 2015
While am not here to defend Fashola I can categorically state that should any PDP be judged based of contract inflation par ratio to Fashola's scam borehole no PDP governor will survive. Again you need to wake up from your delusion Tonyebarcanista SARAKI who is facing corruption charges is an APC member. Buhari on that basis as shown he can prosecute any erring politician without bias.

Audu Abubakar is not facing any prosecution and personally if am the president of Nigeria today I won't prosecute anybody from the Nigerdelta considering the volatility that can arise from that region if they perceive they are being haunted. The Igbo can wail for centuries without anyone giving a dam about who they are in Nigeria. It is a different ball game with the Nigerdelta because of their importance.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:47pm On Oct 19, 2015
Okanokan:

They are all BABATHIEF
Haha, what about the thieves that protest against the prosecution of the Chief Legislathief?
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by FatIjeomaOkolie: 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga no even go there. Aaondoaka has always been a friend and partner of the corrupt elite. He was nominated by James Ibori who was determined to 'deal' with Ribadu. Ribadu was NEVER selective! He discharged his duties meritoriosly and brought the highs and mighty to their knees including serving Senate President and IGP. On El-Rufai, I don't know what you are talking about. As for Atiku Abubakar, don't go there. Atiku DIVERTED billions of PTDF funds to private account when he was VP. He NEVER denied but only said Obasanjo also stole. Have you heard of Jefferson? Atiku can't travel to the USA and return the same. Oga, abi you take us for fools? Them pay you?

On Tinubu, he's a smart crook that hardly leave trace!!!

Weighty comments!

Any evidence for all these claims?

Typical Barcanista. You just make it up as you go along.

Everybody is a thief in your book except the Ijaws.

A smart crook that does not leave a trace?? In the 21st century?

2 Likes

Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by BestGovernance(f): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Nigeria is a very unique country with her way of doing things. We all agree that corruption is one of the biggest clog in the wheel of our progress. We all complain on how elected and appointed politicians and civil servants steal our common wealth. It is a consensus that billions of dollars borrowed on "our behalf" by people on authorities at all levels. Despite all these, we have degenerated into the level of "investigate, arrest and prosecute your own thief but leave mine alone". How did we get this low?

Before the return of democracy in 1999, corruption was like a norm in Nigeria. It denied Nigerians social amenities and put the masses in abject poverty. The coming of EFCC and ICPC to try corruption, bribery and other economic crimes in 2003 brought a sigh of relief to Nigerians. Nigerians always celebrate whenever a BIG fish is arrested by former EFCC Chairman Mallam Nuhu Ribadu. Among the top shots that fell to EFCC/ICPC hammer are exMinister Fabian Osuji, ex-Senate President Adolphus Wabara, ex-IGP Tafa Balogun, ex-Gov late Diepreye Alamesiegha, several senators etc. In addition, major top-shots like ex-VP Atiku Abubakar, ex-Chairman of NPA Olabode George(who as at that time was the PDP Deputy National Chairman, South), 33 state governors etc were indicted by the EFCC under the Obasanjo administration. Not even the excuse of Alhaji Garba Shehu, the spokesman for Atiku Abubakar's accusation that the old Ota farmer was getting back at Atiku and other 'perceived' enemies because of the failed third term bid could sail through. Neither did Nigerians take any sermon of political 'witch-hunt' as valid defence. We all wanted people to be brought to book.

Though Nigerians commended Obasanjo's fight, the accusation of selective prosecution was prominent in the socio-political space. Specifically, Obasanjo repeatedly shielded Olabode George from prosecution despite the indictment against him since 2003. The song on the lips of Nigerians was "prosecute them all"

When Yar'adua took over office, he was expected to allow the EFCC prosecute the outgoing Vice President Atiku Abubakar and all corrupt governors that were indicted while in office having lost their immunity. Alas, Yar'adua introduced the 'plea bargain' that allows a man that steals billions to bargain and surrender a few millions in exchange. For instance, ex-Edo state Governor Lucky Nosakhare Igbenedion was indicted by Ribadu-led EFCC of looting $24million of Edo state fund, he was convicted by court under plea bargain and was asked to pay a meagre N3.5million. Yar'adua also appointed Michael Aandooaka, the defence counsel to James Ibori, George Akume etc as Attorney-General of the Federation. The administration moved to remove Mallam Nuhu Ribadu from his position as EFCC boss and whittled down the prosecution powers of EFCC, ICPC and CCB. Nigerians wailed and cried that corruption is being rewarded while anti-corruption punished. Yar'adua also nominated and appointed Senator Adamu Aliero, a former governor of Kebbi state and then serving senator as FCT minister. Aliero was indicted by the EFCC for corruption.
Our call through out the administration was "Stop shielding corrupt elite, prosecute them all"

Although, credit to Jonathan that he was keen on separating the Yams from the Goats(according to his famous Goat and Yam theory). He signed the Freedom of Information bill into law, introduced policies that encourage transparency, but he failed to pursue cases against 'Goats' that ate 'yams' before and during his administration, especially his appointees. Those that were indicted in subsidy investigation and those that focused their attention on public resources were given freehand. For instance, Abdulrasheed Maina, was appointed as Chairman of Presidential Task Force on Pension Reform was indicted by the Senate over allegation that he looted N193billion of pensioners money, yet it took consistent wailing from Nigerians before Jonathan bothered to remove him from office. He wasn't prosecuted. Similar case was that of Stella Oduah who was indicted for N260million car saga. Though we have to credit Jonathan's government for indicting Sule Lamido and Murtala Nyako. Under Jonathan, corruption technically became 'Institutionalised'. Nigerians cry became "stop institutionalising corruption"

Buhari was elected on the platform of change mantra. Apart from the usual "Sai Baba" crew, there are people that thumb-printed for Buhari and APC did so on the premise of fighting corruption. Just two days on taking office, Buhari government withdrew the ongoing corruption case against Timpre Sylva and now rewarded him with party ticket for Bayelsa election. Pa Audu Abubakar only recently promised to return the monies he stole when he was in government. The EFCC has deliberately refused to work on the petitions against ex-Govs Rotimi Amaechi, Raji Fashola etc. In fact, the infamous N78million for 'website' and N128million appropriated just for TWO boreholes by Raji Fashola is being treated with levity. We all know that CONTRACT INFLATION is a crime according to EFCC Act. In fact, one of the charges against Olabode George was contract inflation. Despite his glaring hypocrisy, the President must be credited for the ongoing prosecution of Senator Bukola Saraki and the invitation of some ex-governors by the EFCC. Unlike during the Obasanjo era when people celebrate when someone is arrested for financial crimes, this era people first check the name of who's arrested, his party and then decide whether or not to shout 'Sai Baba' or to cry 'witch hunt'. In fact, APC fans will justify rewarding their corrupt chieftains with federal appointments. Some PDP fans and Chieftains will cry dictatorship and witch-hunt when the axe falls on PDP Chieftains irrespective of the merit of the case. It is now a talk of "prosecute your own thief but leave mine alone".

It is shameful and unpatriotic that people no longer pay heed to the financial crimes of officials. They forget that there is no honor in trying to shield the same people that looted our common wealth from facing their crimes. It is more disappointing that the Buhari-led administration is leading the charge in this new trend of prosecute their thieves but reward our own.

Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ballmer:
While am not here to defend Fashola I can categorically state that should any PDP be judged based of contract inflation par ratio to Fashola's scam borehole no PDP governor will survive. Again you need to wake up from your delusion Tonyebarcanista SARAKI who is facing corruption charges is an APC member. Buhari on that basis as shown he can prosecute any erring politician without bias.

Audu Abubakar is not facing any prosecution and personally if am the president of Nigeria today I won't prosecute anybody from the Nigerdelta considering the volatility that can arise from that region if they perceive they are being haunted. The Igbo can wail for centuries without anyone giving a dam about who they are in Nigeria. It is a different ball game with the Nigerdelta because of their importance.
Audu is under prosecution since 2006 or there about. He deliberately delayed his prosecution by running out of the country, institute court delay tactics etc... As for ND thief, that's not an excuse. Did heaven fall when Alams was prosecuted? Did the country collapse when Ibori was haunted that made him run to Dubai? Oga that's not excuse.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by lovat(m): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
sandraokosun:
.First i have to commend u tonyebarcanista. I have nothing personal with u, but when a person tries to be hypocrite. I think u have said the right thing in this stand and also in the arrest of kanu. U have tried to be unsentimental in saying the truth. I personally as with a host of other millions voted pmb based on his anticorruption stand. As we had come to see that the highest problem of nigeria is corruption. I think pmb came at a time when the odds are different. He never ever could have been president if not for the tinubu,ameachi and the likes. These guys today are the moral burden and cross he has to carry. Everyone knws personally and philosphically he hasnt changed. But positions,post have to go round, party supremacy has to remain most especially the many party in apc, all have to be taken along and we knw in doing so the big boys would win big. The question and real test should be if pmb would allow corruption to go round him/overlook cases of this nature if it happens go on under him
There is no excuse for fighting corruption, we are a country of 170million and I belive PMB should be able to find people without blemish to soilder this govt. He needs to. Cut loose of those baggages which are potraying his govt as tainted.
PMB needs to get the masses behind him and swing his sword of anti corruption against every Tom Dick and Harry. There should be no sacred cow in this fight.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by BushidoBlue(m): 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2015
donholy28:
Your thief also get im own thief..even your boo get a boo

Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by lovat(m): 11:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:

Weighty comments!

Any evidence for all these claims?

Typical Barcanista. You just make it up as you go along.

Everybody is a thief in your book except the Ijaws.

A smart crook that does not leave a trace?? In the 21st century?

I saw where he indicted GEJ who is an Ijaw man, these politicians are all corrupt and should never be supported. Let's drop tribalism and party affiliations. APC and PDP are corrupt
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by lovat(m): 11:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ballmer:

Corruption is Corruption. Thank You
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by SkyBlue1: 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

what happened in rivers state cant be compared to what went on in katsina, kano and kaduna states where underage boys who know nothing abt election where made to vote. In a sane clime that is corruption and those states election would ve been cancelled.
Stop showing ur ignorance here.

No YOU should stop displaying your ignorance. I am speaking of gubernatorial elections that were a sham, you are displaying your ignorance speaking of presidential elections where there were reports of underage voting in the north, and incomprehensible figures from the south east and south south where some states were almost recording 99% PDP even with low voter turn out. Try your nonsense with your fellow travellers in ignorance please.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by lawrenceunaa: 11:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
If u believe this Nigeria will go any further then u can believe anything angry sad sad
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2015
SkyBlue1:

No YOU should stop displaying your ignorance. I am speaking of gubernatorial elections that were a sham, you are displaying your ignorance speaking of presidential elections where there were reports of underage voting in the north, and incomprehensible figures from the south east and south south where some states were almost recording 99% PDP even with low voter turn out. Try your nonsense with your fellow travellers in ignorance please.
Oga, the gubernatorial contest is the issue of the tribunal. We are not the judges na. This thread is about prosecuting financial thieves.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2015
lovat:
There is no excuse for fighting corruption, we are a country of 170million and I belive PMB should be able to find people without blemish to soilder this govt. He needs to. Cut loose of those baggages which are potraying his govt as tainted.
PMB needs to get the masses behind him and swing his sword of anti corruption against every Tom Dick and Harry. There should be no sacred cow in this fight.
God Bless you!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by SkyBlue1: 12:16am On Oct 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga, the gubernatorial contest is the issue of the tribunal. We are not the judges na. This thread is about prosecuting financial thieves.

Don't be patronising, just calling you out on your duplicity and the many contradictions in your positions which paints you as a hypocrite not to be taken seriously.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by sandraokosun: 6:24am On Oct 20, 2015
lovat:

its easier to say when u arent in his shoes. But those men can make a government ungovernable if they want.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:34am On Oct 20, 2015
PDP has always been a party of thieves. When Obasanjo was President, were you surprised that it's his party men that were being prosecuted by the EFCC? As at his second term, when all the AD governors, except Bola Tinubu had lost, were they: Adefarati, Akande, Adesina, Osoba and Adebayo, not found corrupt to be prosecuted by the EFCC or the ICPC.

Wailers, when CCT started trying Saraki, an APC member, didn't you shout witch-hunting? What exactly is your problem.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by lovat(m): 7:04am On Oct 20, 2015
sandraokosun:
its easier to say when u arent in his shoes. But those men can make a government ungovernable if they want.
That's why he is called a GENERAL. He is the President and should get the citizens behind him. Read up the collapse of Soviet Union and how the cabals were against Gobrachev but the citizens were behind him
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:25am On Oct 20, 2015
lovat:
That's why he is called a GENERAL. He is the President and should get the citizens behind him. Read up the collapse of Soviet Union and how the cabals were against Gobrachev but the citizens were behind him
The excuse by the poster you quoted is untenable. No power is greater than citizens power. Buhari's failure to investigate and prosecute his own thieves only confirm our position that he belongs to the cabals and is fully committed to them. All Buhari need is to fire the incompetent Ibrahim Lamorde and replace him with a fearless and incorruptible successor.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:32am On Oct 20, 2015
kingdompropty:
Exactly what I have been saying, Amaechi was indicted, Fashola petitioned, but Apabio is the one feeling all the heat and Amaechi is been rewarded with a ministerial position.
I'm very much in support of the prosecution of any thief(or alleged thief) but the continuous shielding and rewarding of Amaechi, Fash etal despite their lingering petitions is a statement of unpatriotism and unseriousness. What would we have said if OBJ had nominated IBB for ministerial post in 1999 considering that IBB 'invested' a lot of his loot to see Obj emerge the President?
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:45am On Oct 20, 2015
SkyBlue1:

so y r u crying foul?
South south did theirs thru bloated figures, the north did theirs thru underage voters.....why are u crying?
Stop crying jor.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by Gr8amechi: 8:49am On Oct 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

nice piece
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by Codedb2: 8:51am On Oct 20, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Great job dude.
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by Codedb2: 8:57am On Oct 20, 2015
sandraokosun:
.First i have to commend u tonyebarcanista. I have nothing personal with u, but when a person tries to be hypocrite. I think u have said the right thing in this stand and also in the arrest of kanu. U have tried to be unsentimental in saying the truth. I personally as with a host of other millions voted pmb based on his anticorruption stand. As we had come to see that the highest problem of nigeria is corruption. I think pmb came at a time when the odds are different. He never ever could have been president if not for the tinubu,ameachi and the likes. These guys today are the moral burden and cross he has to carry. Everyone knws personally and philosphically he hasnt changed. But positions,post have to go round, party supremacy has to remain most especially the many party in apc, all have to be taken along and we knw in doing so the big boys would win big. The question and real test should be if pmb would allow corruption to go round him/overlook cases of this nature if it happens go on under him

Meaning?
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2015
Codedb2:

Great job dude.
Welcome boss..

Cc: Lalasticlala Obinoscopy and Afam4eva
Re: The Era Of "Prosecute Your Own Thief, Leave Mine For Me" by Teebass001(m): 9:55am On Oct 20, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I'm Travelling To Canada For 2 Months And Will Be Off Nairaland / Is It More Explanations Or Explanation / Late Lt. Col Abu Ali Promoted To Brig. Gen. Post-humously

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.