Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,006 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps (846 Views)

8 Home Remedies To Solve Menstrual Cramps. / Why You Should Never Ignore These 5 Pains / 5 Foods In Nigeria That You Should Avoid Eating As Much As Possible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by PROPUNTER(m): 8:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
Bloating, cramps and more period pain are associated with that time of the month (for ladies) and sometimes you make these happen to yourself because of what you eat! Find out what you shouldn't eat when on your period!
Painful menstrual cramps are common in ladies and most times they can be avoided with few lifestyle changes.

Foods you take in play a role when the time of the month draws close. It's best to avoid foods that makes you feel bloated, unstable, craving for unnecessary foods amongst others as these will only cause major discomfort during the time of the month.
If you are sure the cramps/pains are not as a result of underlying medical problems, these foods you are consuming may be the reason your period pain is unbearable..
Check on them below:
«1. Salt To prevent water retention and bloating as common in some ladies during their periods, stay away from salty foods/foods high in sodium as they tend to increase this feeling. Avoid fries, canned foods etc loaded with sodium.
«2. Sugar Loading up on sugar (including sweets, desserts, cakes and more) 'plays' with blood sugar level, making it unsteady while also causing cramps which is a major discomfort during menstrual period. If you crave sugar during your period, satisfy this with fruits and other healthier options.
«3. Dairy Dairy as in milk, ice cream, processed cheese and more can increase cramps as well as bloating making you uncomfortable during your period.
«4. Coffee Coffee is known to contain substance that constrict the blood vessels, if this happens it may present itself as a discomfort as this could cause the uterus to tighten and you don't want that kind of pain/discomfort during your period.
«5. Rice/White Grains Rice and white grains (including flour) just like sugar cause blood sugar to shoot up and crash, leaving your energy level unstable as well as cause cramps and more cravings which is not good for you.
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by falconey(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2015
infact they shouldn't eat again!
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by PROPUNTER(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ladies please dnt thank me bcoz i understand.
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by FruityLass: 8:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
Not all ladies have menstrual cramps.

Thank you.
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2015
PROPUNTER:
Ladies please dnt thank me bcoz i understand.
cheesy
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by PROPUNTER(m): 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2015
FruityLass:
Not all ladies have menstrual cramps.
Thank you.
Even at that you can keep it for future Purposes.
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by FruityLass: 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2015
PROPUNTER:

Even at that you can keep it for future Purposes.
if you say smiley
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by trapQ: 9:05pm On Oct 19, 2015
I take sugar all the time, and milk and I don't have cramps. it's not determined by nothing. you either have it, or you dont
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by Sandydayz(f): 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2015
shocked Make i nor chop be dis undecided
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by Cmelz: 9:23pm On Oct 19, 2015
Sandydayz:
shocked Make i nor chop be dis undecided
for wetin lipsrsealed
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by Sandydayz(f): 9:26pm On Oct 19, 2015
Cmelz:
for wetin lipsrsealed
wink Ask op o
Re: These 5 Foods May Be The Reason You Have Painful Menstrual Cramps by PROPUNTER(m): 10:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
Sandydayz:
wink Ask op o
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Your Opinion On Optometry / Note To The Nigerian Public From A Medical Doctor (before It Is Too Late) / Dental Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.