Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria (6531 Views)

What Are The Oppurtunities In Urban And Regional Planning? / Urban And Regional Planning / Pls What Do Urban And Regional Planning People Do?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by tataiwo09(m): 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2015
Urban and regional planning has different meanings, but to make it simple, it means arranging and organising urban areas so as to achieve a sound level of safety,beauty, healthy, coherent, aesthetic and convenient environment. in Nigeria, the introduction and recognition of this course came late compared to other countries(likes of Canada, U.S.A etc), that is why we are experiencing terrible and unhealthy environment, because we planners believe that as planners, if you don't plan, people plan for themselves..
Urban and Regional planning is getting more recognition now, and I believe the recognition can never be halted, the present level of the profession can be attributed to the corrupt and slow poke leaders (NITP and TOPREC), that ignore the important of mass campaign and awareness that can let the public and government know the broad meaning of the profession, I only salute Lagos state and FCT Abuja for the so far recognition which is changing the cities for better

This wil cont. Later

Fellow tpl lemme see u

2 Likes

Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 11:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
TPL here, ffing this thread
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by acenazt: 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2015
TPL is going to be great. The TPL Guys who graduated from ABU last year were given a plot of land in ABJ each
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 11:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
acenazt:
TPL is going to be great. The TPL Guys who graduated from ABU last year were given a plot of land in ABJ each

That's untrue... I can contact any close TPL in FCDA/AGIS.
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by tataiwo09(m): 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
acenazt:

That is good
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by acenazt: 11:41pm On Oct 19, 2015
kingreign:

That's untrue... I can contact any close TPL in FCDA/AGIS.
go contact them
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 11:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
tataiwo09:

That is good
Edited
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by tataiwo09(m): 10:32pm On Mar 20, 2016
planning the key to better Nigeria....
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by Lobolintin(m): 10:21am On Mar 21, 2016
Tpl LOBOLINTIN reporting for duty
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by LaPriest69(m): 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2016
We still ve so many tpl on d streets looking 4 jobs....
Tpl r not recognised in Nigeria except u r tinkin of bribin ur way 2 get a building plan approval.
So many still don't ve local planning authorities and in som states d town planning department is headed by oda professionals.
And to make matters worse, d NITP state chapters r still sleeping.
So sad!!!

2 Likes

Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by tataiwo09(m): 6:45pm On Mar 24, 2016
LaPriest69:
We still ve so many tpl on d streets looking 4 jobs....
Tpl r not recognised in Nigeria except u r tinkin of bribin ur way 2 get a building plan approval.
So many still don't ve local planning authorities and in som states d town planning department is headed by oda professionals.
And to make matters worse, d NITP state chapters r still sleeping.
So sad!!!

suggestions ?
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by tataiwo09(m): 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
yinkuze2:
hello planners, i heard that there is a misunderstanding between toprec and nitp such that one need not be an nitp member to register with toprec. i was told that there was some non-nitp members that were inducted into toprec in there last induction. how true is this? and if true how can i go about it? thanks

Yes...they re having several issues tgda...nitp and toprec...only God can settle it
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 5:56am On Dec 30, 2016
tataiwo09:

Yes...they re having several issues tgda...nitp and toprec...only God can settle it

Place, do NOT bring God into this. Where was GODLINESS put when 'the professionals' were busy holding meetings open meetings on how to share the contracts and available plots of lands and do other shady dealings?
Now, things went sour you wan bring GOD? Bro better steer clear.
Where were they when the new entrants into planning professions were left to struggle and search for jobs like crazy with none forth coming and had to go into other non-planning ventures making them regret taking up URP as a profession?
Go around, you'd see TPLs roaming the streets searching for jobs and feeling dejected because projects meant for TPLs had been taken up by architects, engineers and other professionals when the professional bodies were busy holding conferences. angry angry
Them Neva start to disagree this na just the beginning. Stingy body of professionals who's got no interest for upcoming planners.

1 Like

Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by tataiwo09(m): 8:14am On Dec 30, 2016
Due accolades sir, u know much of it, I'm not that informed abt d crisis....Dos people ve a lot work to do for this profession to be recognised...most people graduating are just going for Msc PhD some are even changing course to GIS, Surveying, Estate etc...it's appalling!...are u a registered tpl boss? Where do u base? Sorry for too much question...I just love to know
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by Lukumano: 5:42pm On May 15, 2018
IS IT MANDATE TO BE NITP BEFORE TOPREC
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by orikzz(m): 10:11pm On May 15, 2018
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by orikzz(m): 10:18pm On May 15, 2018
You people are here arguing and calling yourselves tpl. As if this so called bodies have anything in stock for young planners.. Same set of people making it hard for a 5year graduate to start making money.. Cos he/she has to get into the profession.. I don't know If these dumb leaders in the profession know what it takes for a parent to send his / her child to a university.. After which an average parent will be expecting the child to get established and start making money..

The same set of bleeped up leaders set laws that make it hard for a young planner to get jobs and contract
Instead they collect the job and pay these young planners stipends while they collect the millions and come to conferences with their big mouths and sustainable development preaching

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by orikzz(m): 10:21pm On May 15, 2018
As much as I love the course
I regret studying it to practice In such a selfish nation with corrupted leaders... ..

We go for internship 6 months the stingy firms won't pay
#i love urp
# young planners forum Bleep u
#nitp Bleep u
#toprec Bleep u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 10:09pm On Jul 26, 2018
Urban and regional planning - A conceptual overview
https://www.landforsale.ng/urban-regional-planning-conceptual-overview

1 Like

Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
An Introductory approach to design in urban and regional planning

https://www.landforsale.ng/introductory-approach-design-urban-regional-planning
Re: Urban And Regional Planning In Nigeria by Homeyfav: 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2018
n$^^

(1) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientists(internship) / 3 Things To Consider Before You Change Your Career / NSCDC Redeploys Bayelsa Commandant Amid Accolades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.