Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? (50809 Views)

5 Diabolic Things Yahoo Boys Now Do To Get Money (Disturbing Images Attached) / Tension In Ibadan As Police Use Hammer, Cutlass & Guns On Protesters (Photos) / Lagos Police Use CCTV To Arrest Notorious Pickpocket In Oshodi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by debonairprinx(m): 1:45pm On Oct 21, 2015
As much as I want to believe or rather delude myself that there are good and honest guys in uniform out there, recent news makes this believe extremely difficult. Why are they this wicked and inhumane... They were definitely planning for extortion. God really saved you and your dad.
This is what the press should project, not political propagandas.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by Rilwayne001: 1:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
Chai... These men in Black are as dangerous as the devil. Infact, they are synonymous to the devil.

Buhari should please do something.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by 400billionman: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
FirstCounsel:

I tell you. Even those who pose as "friends", I never let them know where I live

Nah God save this poster.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
iamdotune:
I don't know what to call this, an art of implication or fraud.

My dad and I were coming back from office, we saw a police man that stopped us and pleaded to carry him to his check point, my dad being a kind man allowed him in and then told me to come and seat with him at the back seat so the official can seat in the front with the driver. We never got to any check point before the policeman said he's okay here that he should alight..

We dropped him, then we saw two bullets rolled down from underneath the front seat to my dads leg, we were not conscious, he was like what a pity this man forgot a bullet, we couldn't turn back and give the bullet back so he took it and threw it out from the window. We got to police checkpoint they stopped us, asked for some particulars, though our glass was tinted they asked for that too, the man checking the particulars insisted it was a stop and search we should come down, then I started thanking God that what if we never found the bullet..

They searched and searched and found nothing they made a signal and one guy went a feet ahead to make a call, came back annoyed then my dad knew what was going on, I'm pretty sure he never thought of the bullet then he said haven't you searched enough and then they let us go.. That was wen he said did they want to implicate me or what when i was thinking they forgot a bullet..

It's not a joking stuff o.. Please be security aware

Wow! Nigerian police be like: 'We must to make am whether by hook or by crook'. God help us
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by frisky2good(m): 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
You mean you gave a policeman a free ride? It's better to kiss a live cobra.

iamdotune:

My dad and I were coming back from office, we saw a police man that stopped us and pleaded to carry him to his check point, my dad being a kind man allowed him in and then told me to come and seat with him at the back seat so the official can seat in the front with the driver. We never got to any check point before the policeman said he's okay here that he should alight..

We dropped him, then we saw two bullets rolled down from underneath the front seat to my dads leg, we were not conscious, he was like what a pity this man forgot a bullet, we couldn't turn back and give the bullet back so he took it and threw it out from the window. We got to police checkpoint they stopped us, asked for some particulars, though our glass was tinted they asked for that too, the man checking the particulars insisted it was a stop and search we should come down, then I started thanking God that what if we never found the bullet..

They searched and searched and found nothing they made a signal and one guy went a feet ahead to make a call, came back annoyed then my dad knew what was going on, I'm pretty sure he never thought of the bullet then he said haven't you searched enough and then they let us go.. That was wen he said did they want to implicate me or what when i was thinking they forgot a bullet..

2 Likes

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by Kelechi2020(m): 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
This is informative though but is Rid of certain details as per where it happened.........
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by 400billionman: 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2015
sirmobol:

I've heard of this same thing before in Akure. It was even a Civilian the man picked up. And he hid bullet in the seat. This is bad for the country. . I don't think I can pick people up again o.. I will have to develop my own strategy too.

Me i dont give lift o. Except its a fine girl.

I think thats safer.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by ril19(m): 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
eherbal:
I Do Solemnly Swear Never In My Lifetime To Give Lift Or Assistant To Any Policeman, Where In Distress Or Not. So Help Me God. This Is The Second Time This Kinda Story Is Being Broadcated.

Rubbish! angry

And you're sure the "human" in you will let you abandon a police in distress?
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by stagger: 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
iamdotune:

This is an old trick they use. NEVER EVER GIVE POLICE A LIFT. Even in stop and search, I come down from my vehicle and I watch their every move.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by Sharksblow(m): 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
o badt gan
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by Rilwayne001: 1:52pm On Oct 21, 2015
mikaj:
Story story, story. I have read this over and over and over... Bruv come up with a real event that happened to you and not copy-edit and paste.

That you have read it before doesn't mean every other person have done so. I am reading this for the first time and I've learnt a great lesson today. Copy and paste or not, just sherrup your mouth and allow people learn from this.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by damyzino(m): 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2015
dkronicle:
Its december now...
december is near police and theif go dey patrol my area now cry
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by ril19(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
400billionman:

Me i dont give lift o. Except its a fine girl.
I think thats safer.
Haha..... did i hear 'safe'?.......OK!
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by sexy74(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
where did this happen poster
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by bellotaofeek: 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Thanks for the tip.....
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by 3kay945(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Uhmm.... While some still have hope that this country will get better one day angry cool

Everyone is trying to outsmart the other even if it means to be evil or inhuman embarassed
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by mrrock: 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
Sijo01:
This is serious. They've derived a new means of extorting money. Some of these men in black are worst than criminals.

Yes, you're right. Police are worse than criminals.

I once called police to arrest someone who was engaged in illegal business, because he was owing me. Once he got to the police station he settled the police with some money. And when they were sharing their ill gotten money just behind me, one of them forgot that I was standing behind and was saying jokingly to his colleagues "he called a thief to arrest a thief". They forgot about my case and set the man free without helping to recover my money. Since that day I lost any form of respect to the Nigeria police.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by Aylawani: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
...This is for real...second time of reading this same tactic
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by abatically(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
gwmlogistic:
Police is your friend, would give a leper a ride before any thing in black

Some of them wear blue now

2 Likes

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by tuna4servi(m): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2015
This police men are heartless,well tank God for ur life
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by fanex: 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2015
old story... the usual M O is to be you to give them a lift and they beg u to stop them where other police officers are or their station. them they inform the others that they caught you driving dangerously.
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by nomoless: 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
The average policeman does not like his coleague, what makes you think he likes you. The reason for his action is the tinted glass, to avoid future misfortune always be on the right side of the law.
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by teamobanabo(m): 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2015
Na wooool watin man no go see for this our country
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by mikkypel(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2015
In dagrin voice.. *emi ni CEO.. Mi o kii sore pelu DPO.. fear those guys in blacks poo.. Its retired touts that are doing the job
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by Yinkame123(m): 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
That has been their style for long. They usually choose there target carefully for them to be assure the individual can part with huge amount of money. A colleague paid 300,000 for this kind of scam sometimes ago. the young man in question drives a good latest model car. He was stopped by three police in a traffic in PH. He wind down his side door wind shield to talk to them that was when the traffic moved. They asked him to park which he did. When he opened the door to come out the three police men jumped into the car and asked him to drive. His mind was that they were taking him to the station and he was not bothered as all his documents were intact. Few yards from the point where they jumped in one of the policemen at the back shouted that 'oga this is the gun'. He thought it was just some kind of conversation between the policemen until they accused him that he was in possession of gun that was used for robbery. He was confused on what to do next. They told him to start driving to the station. Fearing for his life he told the policemen that he was not the owner of the gun. They told him to settle if he does not want to go to the station. They asked him to pay 1 million naira. At the long run he agreed to pay them 300,000 but that they will follow him to the bank which they gladly do. He dragged them towards the CCTV so that they can be captured. After paying the money, they let him off the hook. He reported the matter to the police and go to his bank to collect the cctv footage so that the policemen could be identified. It was a surprise when the bank said the cctv was not working as at that point in time.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by konjivity: 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2015
A lot of motorists have had different bitter experiences with some criminal elements in the Nigeria Police. The other day when a private car I was in, dropped off a passenger at a bus stop and a police man opened the front door and asked the driver nicely if he could give him a lift. Hear what the driver said: "Abeg close my door before thunder go fire you!" He said it so explosively and you could see the rage in his eyes. The policeman melted away in embarrassment, as the driver screeched away, not saying a word till I got to my bus stop and alighted. Only he knows what the grouse is.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by amosamali(m): 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
Honestly speaking I trust Nobody..!! But concerning this trend...I ask my self this question WHAT ABOUT INSTALLING A CAMERA IN YOUR CAR?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by Mbediogu(m): 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
iamdotune:

Morale is . . . hav nothing to do with
police. Be neither their landlord or tenant.
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by kunle75(m): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2015
iamdotune:

i have long gone stop helping people i dnt know been a uniform man of not.
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by Princejboy(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
My dad must hear this.my papa no even like to see them talkless of giving them a lift.
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by SUPOL(m): 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
Op, pls go to www.stopthebribe.org n report dis, if u can, give them d date, time n location. I think d dpo will of that area will be contacted.
Re: Is This A New Style Police Use To Get Money Now? by SUPOL(m): 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2015
Op, pls go to www.stopthebribe.net n report dis, if u can, give them d date, time n location. I think d dpo will of that area will be contacted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Beats Her Maid To Death In Anambra, Bury Her Body (Graphic Photos) / Corpse Of Nnamdi Ogueche Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Enugu (Graphic Photos) / "My Roomate Cut Me With Razor Blade, Because I'm More Beautiful Than Her"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.