Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

#ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu (793 Views)

Ministerial Screening: 3 Things Shittu Said Most Nigerians Won't Agree With / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State / Ministerial Nominee, Babatunde Fashola’s CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by Mlaide(m): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2015
Don't know if you also heard this when one of the Nominee Barr. Adebayoshittu Shittu said in the floor of the house that all religious leader should be paid officers.

For more clarity is he trying to say Pastors, Alfas and Herbalist should start receiving salaries?

If I may Ask
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by ernesty20(m): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by HungerBAD: 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2015
Makes sense.

In Germany, all Religious preachers are paid by the Government.

Was just told this yesterday, by a Catholic priest friend of mine there, and i was quite taken aback.
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by raayah(f): 12:58pm On Oct 20, 2015
All the money that our religious officers are making from tithes, offerings and investment is not enough?
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by Mlaide(m): 12:59pm On Oct 20, 2015
HungerBAD:
Makes sense.

In Germany, all Religious preachers are paid by the Government.

Was just told this yesterday, by a Catholic priest friend of mine there, and i was quite taken aback.

Do you think this will work in Nigeria where Tithes became the voice of God calling people to the vineyard
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by tayebest(m): 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2015
Gbese...

Religious leaders are to be paying taxes sef not been paid salary... #dazzol
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by HungerBAD: 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
Mlaide:

Do you think this will work in Nigeria where Tithes became the voice of God calling people to the vineyard

I don't know if it will work.

But, it will help curb the larger than life excesses of these men of God.

They spend money like they print it.

1 Like

Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by tayebest(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2015
Mlaide:

i fear oo... Who knw maybe the tithes are going to 'God' acct! cheesy
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by Mlaide(m): 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
HungerBAD:

I don't know if it will work.
But, it will help curb the larger than life excesses of these men of God.
They spend money like they print it.

I don't think it will........let them stay with their Jets and Mansion for now
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by Vikkie14: 1:08pm On Oct 20, 2015
What he was trying to point out is that "If It would take the FG to pay Religious Leaders to instill Discipline and Fear of God in Citizens and Political holders, that the Government should go ahead". I think that summarizes it all.
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by hinwazaka: 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2015
He even went further to say God is the best police officer in the world, even better than the police. Let the senators wave him. He will be a huge plus for the PDP, he is a big time bomb waiting to happen. With clowns like this, someone still expects us to believe the CPC were not an association of religious fanatical bigots.

1 Like

Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by bugzbunny: 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2015
It won't work
There is no money for workers salaries
Then its to pay imams for creating boko haram... Useless country
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by midolian(m): 1:19pm On Oct 20, 2015
hinwazaka:
He even went further to say God is the best police officer in the world, even better than the police. Let the senators wave him. He will be a huge plus for the PDP, he is a big time bomb waiting to happen. With clowns like this, someone still expects us to believe the CPC were not an association of religious fanatical bigots.
grin grin grin
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by ekeneidiagbor: 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2015
Op I heard him clearly... He said that bringing pastors and alfas wud bring more moralism into our public system...

I totally condemn that advice. Pastors shud be left ito face their business. Apart from that I don't see the guarantY of efficiency in pastors holding public offices...

Pastors and alfas, churches and mosques have proliferated in years and yet immoralism has proliferated simulatneously.

But I think he said some other good things...
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by Aromas: 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2015
Haruna Alfa Musiliu, shey ti gbo Alfa Pee kini Haru....undecided d idiot frank face o Haruna Oga Shittu ti ni kii ijoba masan owo fun awon eeyah olohun Alfa gringringringringringrin shooto ni? Haruna Inu yin shey wa dun bi'eleyi undecided Alfa shey ko tope ni grin? Haruna Ejoo shey eyan olohun leyin grin Alfa Obaa baba ree undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: #ministerial Nominee: "All Religious Leaders Should Be Paid Officers" -shittu by temitemi1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2015
Sense is very far from these pple(apc) grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Are In A Democracy, Pro-Biafrans Have Right To Protest -Gowon / Ifeoma Onwuka : Narrate Her Bitter Experience With NPF... / 100 Names Of Suspected Boko Haram Members Declared Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.