Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,920 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter (40471 Views)

Aisha Buhari's Interview: BBC Defies Pressure From Presidency, Dogara & Daura / (PHOTOS) Edo Election: Obaseki Defies Rain, Celebrates Victory / Policewoman Working Under The Rain In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by wiseoneking: 10:30am On Oct 21, 2015
ORACLE1975:
The President has shown that he is truly the President for all Nigerians. His first working cist to any State was to a State controlled by the opposition as confirmed by the Governor himself. The calibre of people who received him - former Governors, former and serving Senators and PDP big wigs has shown how acceptable the President has become as a result of his exemplary leadership by example as confirmed by no other person other than Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
Shame on you and your president, first working visit after almost six months. Thats why the country has gone into recession. It will now take him another six months to visit anambra state for their #95 billion naira 10 thousand houses. I can see that it is only nom apc states that are making progress. Buhari should quickly wake up and stop answering baba goslow.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by Olugbemija2002: 10:33am On Oct 21, 2015
My view about the whole issues in our political arena is bigotry. But something is sure and clear, where we are now is a result of our past and our future depends on our now (our action or inaction). Another thing I want to clarify, governance is different from tribalism. May God enlighten our understanding and give us visionary leader with unity of purpose to take us to rightful place in the committee of nations
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by smsdigito: 10:34am On Oct 21, 2015
DaBullIT:
He risked his life in order not to miss a ground breaking event in a hostile state

But they still won't / don't love him because he's not a son of the soil

Did i hear you say hostile state?
omg, you are new in Nigeria i guess. If Cross river is hostile, what will you say about north east states that he(Buhari) has being visiting all the while? Politics blindfolds a lot of people a times.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by wiseoneking: 10:38am On Oct 21, 2015
olasmith10:
D formal administration ll v done dis with a sentimental mindset, hostile aides and the environment will not be different to a war zone. PMB is indeed for everyone!!!
"Formal" ?. Correct your poor spelling now.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by rapmike(m): 10:39am On Oct 21, 2015
kingdompropty:
Trash. How does that make him a leader.

1. Economy needs revival.

2. The political space is in shambles.I.e senate.

3. Insecurity.

4. Denials and lie.

5. Political witchy.

Most of your points were present in Jonathan's administration and the one before him, so don't try and make it a buhari thing.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by tolexy007(m): 10:40am On Oct 21, 2015
DaBullIT:
When will this bitterness stop ?
dude, i have no bitterness for anyone.....
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by enisonfome(m): 10:41am On Oct 21, 2015
The President’s Nigerian Air Force flight 5N-FGT touched the tarmac of the Margaret Ekpo International Airport in Calabar at exactly 10am, but he could not use the helicopter marked Air Force NAF-280 to the venue of the ceremony due to the heavy rain.

Buhari, however, got to the venue of the groundbreaking event at about 12.35pm, while the helicopter flew in to wait ahead of his arrival when the rain subsided.The President’s Nigerian Air Force flight 5N-FGT touched the tarmac of the Margaret Ekpo International Airport in Calabar at exactly 10am, but he could not use the helicopter marked Air Force NAF-280 to the venue of the ceremony due to the heavy rain.
Buhari, however, got to the venue of the groundbreaking event at about 12.35pm, while the helicopter flew in to wait ahead of his arrival when the rain subsided.
The President’s Nigerian Air Force flight 5N-FGT touched the tarmac of the Margaret Ekpo International Airport in Calabar at exactly 10am, but he could not use the helicopter marked Air Force NAF-280 to the venue of the ceremony due to the heavy rain.

Buhari, however, got to the venue of the groundbreaking event at about 12.35pm, while the helicopter flew in to wait ahead of his arrival when the rain subsided.
Can any1 here tel me d rain.
Can any1 tel us how pmb shunned d helicopter?
N:B.... The helicopter could nt be used due to d heavy rain.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by amazingspiderma: 10:44am On Oct 21, 2015
What kind of joke is this,that PMB risked his life.This is trash,not news.
Firstly-There should be a weather forecast in the first place.
Secondly-There should also be a worst case scenario in case of rain.
Thirdly-Cross Rivers weather is mostly rainy,which is not a surprise to anybody.
The protocol officers and event planners were supposed to factor in these circumstances.The were paid to prepare for the unexpected.
Unless they are indirectly revealing how unprepare and incompetent they really are.In developed society somebody would have to answer for that.

Lets learn to call a spade a spade.

Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by DaBullIT(m): 10:45am On Oct 21, 2015
I didn't mean you , i meant the polity , i am trying to point out that the guy is doing what is expected as a leader and the people he took the risk for do not appreciate it , but you pointed out that Buhari's people never liked GEJ either , that's the bitterness i was talking about ,

If we can let go of our differences, Nigeria will be a better place, but this he's not ibo, he's yoruba , he's fulani and stuffs will never end unless one or all will be wiped out

Vengeance never stops a man whose father was killed will seek vengeance from the perpetrator , and when the son of the victim revenges, the sons of the newest victim will return the favor and so on and so fort for generations if we continue like that thing's won't work out in Nigeria
tolexy007:

dude, i have no bitterness for anyone.....
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by DaBullIT(m): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2015
smsdigito:

Did i hear you say hostile state?
omg, you are new in Nigeria i guess. If Cross river is hostile, what will you say about north east states that he(Buhari) has being visiting all the while? Politics blindfolds a lot of people a times.

Yeah, i said hostile and i meant they do not like PMB or appreciate him,
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by ZZ22: 10:46am On Oct 21, 2015
themilanway:

You are very stupiid.How often do you work in the rain?How often do you walk in the rain?

Useless and bloody hypocrite.
... Pres Obama once adressed the crowd under the rain and i think your the one extremely stupiid here
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by KENGENTLE(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2015
DaBullIT:
He risked his life in order not to miss a ground breaking event in a hostile state

and who says crossriver is a hostile state, ?mind ur words young man..use ur head nt ur anus..
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by themilanway(m): 10:54am On Oct 21, 2015
ZZ22:
... Pres Obama once adressed the crowd under the rain and i think your the one extremely stupiid here

Was the crowd waiting for them to be addressed under the rain?
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by mowah: 10:55am On Oct 21, 2015
That something I can never do, I can't be that unnecessarily humble if I'm Head of state
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by themilanway(m): 10:58am On Oct 21, 2015
pedronado8:

u r a big fool..must he tell u whn he's workin r talkin in d rain.... how many sw/seast r in he's cabinet?

Sorry I got no time for dimwits like you.

How many south west/east are in his cabinet?

Dumb.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by Lilimax(f): 11:00am On Oct 21, 2015
d33types:
Brain power is scarce because people don't read..

I am a buhari supporter.. the headline is misleading.. [size=16pt] The helicopter could not fly because of poor weather and visibility hence he had to use road.. He did not have a choice [/size]
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by paulson21: 11:01am On Oct 21, 2015
DDoubleUps:
Man what is wrong with us as a nation? Millions of Nigerians everyday defies rain and Sun to go about their various hustled and what is the special deal in him doing the road opening when it is raining? Rain is natural and wether it rains or not people will still go out to fend for their families.... we should stop being silly and think like real humans to move our country out of its current sorry state.
its not ur fault, wait until u re given a possition of a mare Estate chairman,in one of all this oustanding estate we ve here in lagos... Nd see if u wld even come out durring hard sun....
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by miqos02(m): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by ArodeTsolaye: 11:09am On Oct 21, 2015
themilanway:

You are very stupiid.How often do you work in the rain?How often do you walk in the rain?

You are yoruba- A VERY LAZY TRIBE, so it's natural that you can't survive working in rain. grin
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by amazingspiderma: 11:19am On Oct 21, 2015
DaBullIT:

Yeah, i said hostile and i meant they do not like PMB or appreciate him,

There is nothing hostile about Cross Rivers towards PMB.You of all people should know that he could almost walk freely on the streets of Cross river without any problem.
If you have lived long enough in this country you should know the states that suit hostility criteria,and it is certainly not Cross Rivers.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by mulattoclaro(m): 11:19am On Oct 21, 2015
martineverest:
we niger-deltans are not sentimental like the south-easterners. We don't care about ur origin or tribe. All we want is development.
you've said it all. Those across the Niger are cursed.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by back2sender: 11:20am On Oct 21, 2015
themilanway:

no mind the ediot. he should have asked the past gej admin this question of rain. gej cannot do what baba is doing

1 Like

Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by omonnakoda: 11:21am On Oct 21, 2015
iokpebholo:
What rain if I may ask?i was at d event right from d airport to jonathan bye pass straight to akamkpa,the weather was cloudy but there was no rain.dnt know where this lie and propaganda dey come from sef.haba
Are you from that area? I heard the Akamkpas are great warriors??
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by Fibo27(m): 11:22am On Oct 21, 2015
olasmith10:
D formal administration ll v done dis with a sentimental mindset, hostile aides and the environment will not be different to a war zone. PMB is indeed for everyone!!!

Former*
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by Mbediogu(m): 11:29am On Oct 21, 2015
themilanway:

I stand with the man u insulted.
Right or wrong he made more sense
than you who just went full blast
against him without making half
a point.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by JuanDeDios: 11:29am On Oct 21, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

This is uncalled for. I'm a Buhari supporter and I also agree the headline is unnecessary.
Nothing wrong with the headline - if you know a thing or two about headline/news writing. That would have been the same headline for any newsworthy person doing anything - Tambuwal defies rain to commission hajj camp... Tontoh Dikeh defies rain to rescue her dog... sonOfLucifer defies rain... But I agree with you the poster's insults were unnecessary. Insults are always unnecessary.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 21, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Nothing wrong with the headline - if you know a thing or two about headline/news writing. That would have been the same headline for any newsworthy person doing anything - Tambuwal defies rain to commission hajj camp... Tontoh Dikeh defies rain to rescue her dog... sonOfLucifer defies rain... But I agree with you the poster's insults were unnecessary. Insults are always unnecessary.
They could have gone with the headline that his frist official visit is to a southern state belonging to the oppostion party. Anyways...
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by cardoctor(m): 11:36am On Oct 21, 2015
DDoubleUps:
Man what is wrong with us as a nation? Millions of Nigerians everyday defies rain and Sun to go about their various hustled and what is the special deal in him doing the road opening when it is raining? Rain is natural and wether it rains or not people will still go out to fend for their families.... we should stop being silly and think like real humans to move our country out of its current sorry state.

Have you ever seen President Obama inside the rain?

BUHARI. The man for the people.
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by YoowPeeRochas(m): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2015
In Baba's voice...*I am por everybody and por nobody. Ziz is bekwos zah kwontry which I am zah frezident is a secular one. Hence, I ashuar(assure) you zat ziz gwonment will be a gwonment ap zah feofle , by zah feofle and por zah feofle. Kwongratulations! AaaaaFeeeeCcccc!!! Shange! grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by pedronado8: 11:38am On Oct 21, 2015
themilanway:

Sorry I got no time for dimwits like you.

How many south west/east are in his cabinet?

Dumb.

hhaahaha... receive sense... well i i'v got notin much for u, dats d peak ur of knowledge at ur age anyway. eventually u gona grow up so days and u ll realise dat ur miscreant opinion those not mata in d scheme of things...
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2015
Beremx:
the special deal in him defying the rain to do a groundbreaking ceremony is that he is your President. He's the number one citizen and it is an honour for him to do so.
Buh its dishonor for GEJ to visit Obas na... hypocrite
Re: Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
DaBullIT:

who 4kin told u that place is a hostile place? U think say the man go survive if to say the socalled hostiles wan attack am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune / "INEC Officials Caught In Opobo Writing Results For APC"- UnitedRiversReporters / Oracle Predicts Victory For Jonathan In 28 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.