Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,622 members, 7,958,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

The Biafran Intention Exposed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Biafran Intention Exposed (12448 Views)

Fayose Officially Declares Intention To Contest For Presidential Election 2019 / Ekiti 2018: Segun Oni Declares Intention For Governorship Poll [photos] / Prince Donatus Okonkwo Declares His Anambra Governorship Intention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by somegirl1: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
Lushore1:

Why do you as a biafrans want to associate with nigerias that you claimed to hate.

I fail to see the sense or point in your comment. Was that a trick question?

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by Yujin(m): 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
Rotimi47:
We won't buy them as your CFO's will be revoked & you will have to auction your remaining properties/businesses at give away prices.

You're on a long thing if you think you can eat your cake & still have it.
If we can't sell them then we will destroy the immovable ones.
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by kingzizzy: 10:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
[quote author=jpphilips post=39245238][/quote]
K
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by kingzizzy: 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
jpphilips:

If you have never heard Lunatic Nnamdi Kanu referring to Niger delta as Biafra land then you are Deaf by default.
He said that Buhari was bombing Calabar Biafra land, what exactly does he mean by that?

Your feeble attempt to to to justify the British invented fraud known as Nigeria makes interesting read because it is laughable beyond comprehension. What even makes it more funny is your aguement to keep the Southern minorities in Nigeria if the Igbos secede so they can remain perpetual cash cows of Odua/Arewanistan alliance.

Biafra is about the common man on the street. It's about thise you bus conductors, shoe makers and so on. It's not about Ibetos and other Billionaires and politicians. So if you think this is some elitist movement, think again.

You talked about Oil, which we all know is what you Nigerians are after, I already told you that 3 Igbo States are Oil producing but that the main focus of Biafra is not oil because we do not want to be a mono economy like Nigeria so the quantity produced is not the main issue. Ecen if all three Igbo producing state 100 barrels of Oil a day or enough to cover local consumption, we would be quite happy with that. Your so called Nigeria sold millions of barrels a day for many years but has nothing to show for it. Nigeria can't even meet local demand. There are many other things in Biafra that are more precious than you Godforsaken Oil no 1 of which is human development. Some of the richest nations in the world hace no Oil but are succes stories. As for the 3000 barrels of Oil I talked about being produced at Aguleri Otu,this was confirmed in the news not long ago when Chairman of Orient Oil, Emeka Anyaoku, paid the Wille Obiano a courtesy call.

You said that the Tributuaries at Oguta and Ubuaka in Abia are not viable. What made you an expert on Viability of the tributuaries? Have you got a degree in dredging and widening that we don't know about? Or are an ecological expert? Are you an authority on inland waterways?There is an inland river port in Onitsha where I have have seen smaller vessels discharge goods. There is even another waterway from Ebonyi that empties into Ocean. All you did was read unsubstantiated reports and came to talk nonsense. You probably don't even know that under international law, no independent country can be with access can be denied the means to bring good and services. Look, countries like Austria and Switzerland are landlocked but are individually richer than Nigeria. It's all about human development not sea port. The Okirikas, Ijaws, Ibibios and all of southern Nigeria want resource control. but they are starting to understand that they will never get it in Nigeria. It's impossible. Anyone in doubt about this should recall what happend at the last national conference. When the issue of resources control came up, the North were up in arms. The North even wanted the 13% derivation reduced. The North that resource control by the south will greatly reduce their federal government subventions and they will never agree to it. If the issue of resource control ever makes it to the national assembly, you can be sure that the North will vote it off with their numerical strenght. Anyone hoping for resource control in Nigeria is wasting their time.

As I said before, no amount of Biafran investments outside Biafra in Nigeria is worth our sovereignty and freedom. It will be up to the Ibetos, Athur Ezes to know the next line of action after Biafra is achieved. If Nigeria should sieze their assets or deny them control of it, then maybe it is the eyeopener they need that Nigerians were never their friends in the first place.

To say that the SS does not qualify for referendum is the myopic conclusion of someone looking for oil money. What is the SS? A geographical expression not even recognised in the contitution? You are trying to say the Ijaw nation,the Oron nation, the Ogoni nation have no right to self determination? Don't be daft. They have the right to secede and they have the right to decide where they are going. As I said earlier, any of the minorities that are not comfortable with Biafra have our best wishes. Another thing, when you talk about Igbos, do not reduce us to 5 states. There are many indigenous Igbos who are proud of their Igboness in Delta state and Rivers and all of them are going with us. When it comes to Ikwere people, some say they are Igbo some say they are not. Remarkably, the Ikwere Man is the only person who thinks he is not Igbo while everyone else like the Okrikas,the Ogonis, Ijaws etc consider the pure unadulterated Igbos. Even a Yoruba man would not know the difference between me as an Anambra man and an Ikwere man. Unless and Ikwere man actually says he is Ikwere, everyone will think he is Igbo because his language is Igbo and his surname is Igbo too. The important thing here is not what the Ikwere man thinks he is, what is important is this. Faced with the choice of remaining in Nigeria and seeking a new beginning in Biafra with their Igbo brethren, which would the Ikwere choose? What brings the Ikwere Man together with the Hausa man or the Yoruba man? I have no doubt what the Ikwere man would choose. Which is the lesser of the two evils? Ikwere will not leave their oil rich ancestral land to join Igbos but prefare to remain in Nigeria and share that Oil with Igbos,Yorubas, Hausas and everyone else? Don't make me laugh

Your aguement to keep your fraud of a nation together is completely baseless. Biafra is coming and there nothing anyone can do about it

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by rhymaster: 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
Yujin:

If we can't sell them then we will destroy the immovable ones.

Now you are talking with sense for the first time of any Ibo. Just leave, destroy it, carry it on your head, burn it down, etc; we don't just care or give a damn. Just be gone to iboland where you will be surrounded 360 degrees by a stronger, militarily conscious Nigeria while Biafra will not be allowed to produce any weapons, just table knives. No raw materials or facilities for military purposes will ever be allowed to fly in or out. We will destroy any flight out of Biafra that is not authorized to enter Nigerian airspace, searched and cleared before take off.
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by Yujin(m): 10:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
rhymaster:

Now you are talking with sense for the first time of any Ibo. Just leave, destroy it, carry it on your head, burn it down, etc; we don't just care or give a damn. Just be gone to iboland where you will be surrounded 360 degrees by a stronger, militarily conscious Nigeria while Biafra will not be allowed to produce any weapons, just table knives. No raw materials or facilities for military purposes will ever be allowed to fly in or out. We will destroy any flight out of Biafra that is not authorized to enter Nigerian airspace, searched and cleared before take off.
Yeah destroy anything that moves at the border with biafra. Build iron fences round biafra and put 1 million volts of electricity to kill anything life that comes close to it but try and support our quest for referendum. If you do may God bless you.
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
Rayhut:
Nigeria as a country was built on wrong foundation, even the British, US knew that Nigeria will break up one day. UK has 4 countries in it, eg Wales, England, Scotland and Northern Island, then ask yourself why they cannot be one country like Nigeria, USA has all it states operating as a semi independent country, immigration law in Texas is not the same with California, China has Taiwan, Hong Kong, Tibet and Macau as part of China which are all semi independent, without confederation in Nigeria there will be no peace, Nigeria need to go back to Aburi peace accord, Nigeria will never be a progressive country because Nigeria is made up of irreconcilable entities that cannot align, Nigeria suppose to have 4 countries eg Arewa, Biafra, Midland, Oduduwa under confederation just like UK, China, Netherlands etc, without this Nigeria will never know peace.

Wrong!
Nigeria was built on sound foundation with four regions (North, West, East and Mid West) as its confederating units, much in the manner you are advocating for, until they were abolished and replaced with the unitary system that we have evolved till today, by one J.T.U. Agui Ironsi for his selfish political reasons - and guess what, he wasn't Hausa or Yoruba.

In fact if I were you I'd wake him up from his grave and give him a dirty slap for being the cause of your current pain.

In other words, the same Igbos who are complaining were the same ones who spoilt this country and the ones currently blaming everybody and anyone but themselves for it.

Its about time you guys re-evaluate yourselves and exorcise the evil from within - its not by chance that Igbos are fast becoming the most detested group in this country and beyond.
Ever wonder why wherever you settle, you eventually fall out with the host community - not just Nigeria but also abroad: SA, USA, Malaysia, India etc; you inevitably always constitute yourselves as pests and nuisances especially due to your criminally developed mindsets.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Wrong!
Nigeria was built on sound foundation with four regions (North, West, East and Mid West) as its confederating units, much in the manner you are advocating for, until they were abolished and replaced with the unitary system that we have evolved till today, by one J.T.U. Agui Ironsi for his selfish political reasons - and guess what, he wasn't Hausa or Yoruba.

In fact if I were you I'd wake him up from his grave and give him a dirty slap for being the cause of your current pain.

In other words, the same Igbos who are complaining were the same ones who spoilt this country and the ones currently blaming everybody and anyone but themselves for it.

Its about time you guys re-evaluate yourselves and exorcise the evil from within - its not by chance that Igbos are fast becoming the most detested group in this country and beyond.
Ever wonder why wherever you settle, you eventually fall out with the host community - not just Nigeria but also abroad: SA, USA, Malaysia, India etc; you inevitably always constitute yourselves as pests and nuisances especially due to your criminally developed mindsets.

Another Zoogerian. It wasn't Aguiyi Ironsi who dissolved Nigerian regions.

It was Gowon an Arewa-Oduanistan that dissolved the Nigerian regions, abolished the 50-50 sharing formula between the regions and the central government , and then created lopsided dysfunctional abominations called states to help him siphon Eastern oil wealth to Arewa-Oduanistan.

It was OBJ, another Arewa-Oduanistan that abolished the rights of the indigenous people to their God given lands and resources thereof, when he created the Land use decree, that enabled Arewa-Oduanistan to seize the crude oil wealth of the East and used it to build up Lagos, including building a modern city in the desert of Arewanistan known as Abuja.

You need to slap your cursed Arewa-Oduanistan leaders who turned Nigeria to a joke from 1970-2011.
And made the country ungovernable for GEJ.
Igbos are honoured and respected all over the world. We have Igbo MPs in UK, Igbos in leadership positions in Poland and the world over.

4 Likes

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:39am On Oct 23, 2015
^^^^^Typical Odechukwu, PhD without intelligence, educated illiterate; it is obvious you had never come across Decree no. 34 of 1966 otherwise you would known that it was promulgated to effectively dismantle the existing federal structure by taking away the semi autonomous powers of the regions - yes he may not have physically dissolved the regions per say but decree 34 functionally did so.

If in doubt kindly refer to Wikipedia Ironsi's 194 days in office - an edited extract of which I have taken the trouble to paste below for easy reference.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Aguiyi-Ironsi

Though Ironsi tried to dispel this notion by courting the aggrieved ethnic groups through political appointments and patronage, his failure to punish the coup plotters and the promulgation of the now infamous "Decree No. 34"—which abrogated the country's federal structure in exchange for a unitary one— crystallized this conspiracy theory.[11]........

.... He also as per the proposals of a single man committee[13] passed the controversial Unification Decree No. 34 aimed to unify Nigeria into a unitary state. This decree effectively gave preferential treatment to the Igbo in Unified State were the Regions no longer had any sort of autonomy from the Federal Government.
[i][/i]

Unfortunately, no; Igbos are by no means respected abroad, having one or two who may have aspired and done well for themselves does not automatically equate to Igbos earning respect in the diaspora.
Quite on the contrary, Igbos only attract notoriety for the various crimes they are known for, to the extent that police in some countries in Asia have developed specific profiling to now single them out from the rest of Nigerians.

The only kind of respect you guys get is prison welcoming with standard issue of steel bracelets (handcuffs) and clean uniform in preparation for a short journey through death prior to execution.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 1:14pm On Oct 23, 2015
ItsMeAboki:
^^^^^Typical Odechukwu, PhD without intelligence, educated illiterate; it is obvious you had never come across Decree no. 34 of 1966 otherwise you would known that it was promulgated to effectively dismantle the existing federal structure by taking away the semi autonomous powers of the regions - yes he may not have physically dissolved the regions per say but decree 34 functionally did so.

If in doubt kindly refer to Wikipedia Ironsi's 194 days in office - an edited extract of which I have taken the trouble to paste below for easy reference.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnson_Aguiyi-Ironsi

Though Ironsi tried to dispel this notion by courting the aggrieved ethnic groups through political appointments and patronage, his failure to punish the coup plotters and the promulgation of the now infamous "Decree No. 34"—which abrogated the country's federal structure in exchange for a unitary one— crystallized this conspiracy theory.[11]........

.... He also as per the proposals of a single man committee[13] passed the controversial Unification Decree No. 34 aimed to unify Nigeria into a unitary state. This decree effectively gave preferential treatment to the Igbo in Unified State were the Regions no longer had any sort of autonomy from the Federal Government.
[i][/i]

Unfortunately, no; Igbos are by no means respected abroad, having one or two who may have aspired and done well for themselves does not automatically equate to Igbos earning respect in the diaspora.
Quite on the contrary, Igbos only attract notoriety for the various crimes they are known for, to the extent that police in some countries in Asia have developed specific profiling to now single them out from the rest of Nigerians.

The only kind of respect you guys get is prison welcoming with standard issue of steel bracelets (handcuffs) and clean uniform in preparation for a short journey through death prior to execution.

I'm done educating Almajiris, go here and sort yourself out: https://www.nairaland.com/2462269/why-south-west-not-clamoring/6

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 1:17pm On Oct 23, 2015
"... the Gowon regime dissolved the regional structures and created 12 states in their place.14 Shortly afterwards, the country became embroiled in a civil war which ended formally on 15 January 1970". http://books.openedition.org/ifra/634?lang=en

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by dammieight(m): 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2015
Ready to die right ? Ojukwu really manipulated u to believe this nonsense! Only Bunch of clueless and illiterate igbos will be thinking of biafra by now and not way forward of the country. .. .. And after biafra u will stand up against yourselves as well... Like u don't know what it takes before anything *independence* gain stability. I saw people shouting biafra of cos not the learned igbos but the illiterate ones... Set of lowlifes. angry angry it's sad tho
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by jpphilips(m): 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=pazienza

I find this your submission pretty much ignorant and lacking in cognitive reasoning.

The Ikwerres are human beings, and would want the best deal from the Biafra- Nigeria issue, they will try to milk the situation to the fullest, the oil in Rivers will no longer belong to Jigawa Like Arewa-Oduanistans once boasted. The only way they will dump Biafra for Nigeria is if Nigeria will grant them 100% resource control. I envisage the other ethnic groups in the SS doing the same. They have always wanted full control of their resources in Nigeria, and with Biafrans offering them full control of their resources in Biafra, the only way Nigeria can keep them is by offering them the same.

I will Ignore your insults for now, but be advised that nobody has the monopoly of insults on Nairaland hope we have an understanding.
Back to the Issue pro tempore.
one fact that most of you are ignoring is that not all Niger delta areas produce oil, from the statements of Nnamdi Kanu, he does not say "Niger delta oil" or "SS oil", he calls it "Biafra oil", in other words, Nnamdi Kanu's body language does not agree with you that Biafra will allow Niger delta with 100% resource control.
In History, Ojukwu had the same body language, that was why things fell apart between him and Awolowo when Awolowo asked him "If I secede the South west to help you, what is in it for us"?
It is believed that both regions breaking away at the same time will force the Nigerian side to fight the same war in two fronts thereby overwhelming their capabilities. Ojukwu never answered that question till he died.
Ojukwu is from the SE part of Nigeria where not even a single drop of oil has a chance of flowing same for Nnamdi Kanu, yet both of them (by body language) have an eye on SS oil, How are they different from the Northerners feasting on the SS oil?
I speak from facts not fiction.

Another fact that you misplaced is that Niger delta never presented 100% resource control, it was an activist on the radio just like Nnamdi Kanu that mentioned it, at the time they submitted a proposal for the conference, they proposed 50%, even at that, the Nigerian side had a superior argument, The Nigerian side argued that if that should happen, they will cease to benefit 13% from offshore oil, NDDC and Ministry of Niger delta will cease to be funded from the National budget & if they want to have total control of all the oil fields, they will be ready to pay exploratory cost beyond 2004 (when we signed the PSC) and Operating tax in arrears post 2004 till whenever.
They quickly reverted to the 13% status quo.

It may equally interest you to note that Jonathan a son of the soil whose land is floating on oil and gas in literal terms smuggled in 10% community funds into the PIB hoping that the Niger delta will get 23% in cumulative sum, these are the cards the Nigerian side already have on the table, can you tell me exactly what Biafra is proposing? outside claiming all Niger delta areas as Biafra land and intimidating the SS to accept their terms over a fraudulent radio broadcast, give me a break!!

Either way, Biafra is a hurricane that will wreck Arewa-Oduanistans, the exodus of Biafra will redraw the socio economic map of what ever is remaining of Nigeria, the conditions Niger deltans will give Arewa-Oduanistans for continued co existence with them will give you lots heartattack. I can only imagine where states like Osun, Niger, Sokoto, Jigawa will be without crude oil allocations. It will be a cruel awakening to Arewa-Oduanistans.

Opinion is like the @rse hole, everyone is entitled to one, SS can not lay claim to offshore oil which is the new kid on the block, so long as Nigeria has it under her control, trust me, Sokoto and Osun will be just fine.
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by jpphilips(m): 3:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=pazienza

Again I find this part of your essay ignorant and senseless.

To begin with, there is no group known as Kwale in Anioma, what we have is Ukwuani/ Ndokwa.

Secondly, Ukwanilands is continuous with the rest of Anioma( Ika and Enuani), Ukwuani borders with Isoko and Urhobos are clear and not ambiguous. Ukwuani/ Ndokwa lands belongs to indigenous people of Ukwuani and Ndokwa, the only interest that matters in Ndokwa/ Ukwuani crude oil and natural gas wealth is that of Ukwuani and Ndokwa indigenes, and not those of their Isoko and Urhobo neighbors, and it will be extremely naive of you to think that Ukwuani people will choose a Nigeria without ( Enuani and Ika) over a Biafra with Ika and Enuani, when they know that the only reason you want them in your Nigeria is because of their crude oil and natural gas reserve.

While reading what you wrote, I was silently asking myself if you had any grasp of the point made on Kwale.
Kwale is a town with two ethnic groups straddling between another two ethnic groups, Like I submitted abinitio, I can not say exactly how it will play out but if the Biafrans are expecting to get independence through a UN supervised referendum (Which seems like their only sane option anyways), Kwale will fall into Nigeria, I even said that the Kurdish situation will play out there.
Most of you have very poor education as such it is very difficult to replay the real world within the faucets of your comprehension.

As usual, Biafra will be offering all Biafran groups full control of their resources, the only way you stand a chance of keeping Ukwuani in Nigeria is by offering them the same deal, but if you do, your sole aim of wanting to keep them in your zoological republic, which is to exploit their resources and use them to build up Lagos and barren lands like Abuja and Kano will be defeated, as you will never have access to their resources, with 100% resource control in their hands.

The way I see it, it's a lose-lose scenario for Arewa-Oduanistans. The game is over. You have been checkmated.

The bold part is mere speculation not facts, I can't discuss that. The referendum to secede SE Nigeria alone as Biafra will not take more than 10yrs to achieve, why do they need to embroil SS in their mission if they have no eye on their oil?
You can believe anything that makes you sleep well in the night, Nnamdi Kanu is a con artist who has his eyes fixed on the SS oil more than Nigeria has an eye on it, it is a lose lose situation for the Niger deltans, my only happiness is that for every decade with a Biafran propagandist, there is always an Isaac Adaka boro waiting to replay the battle of port harcourt.
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by jpphilips(m): 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2015
Yujin:

I might not have witnessed it but no matter the magnitude of damage it can never be compared to what Ndigbo have lost in the north. At present you sit comfortably in southern Nigeria thinking that you have a future in Nigeria. I just laugh at you. You don't know what plans are being hatched to hound you. Already politically you have been murdered. PDP has zoned the presidency of 2019 to the north. What does it tell you? Unu ga-ano na achughari oke ebe uno unu na-agba oku.

So the whole Biafran agitation is another version of election wailing from the wailers grin grin grin grin
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by asha80(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
jpphilips:

I will Ignore your insults for now, but be advised that nobody has the monopoly of insults on Nairaland hope we have an understanding.
one fact that most of you are ignoring is that not all Niger delta areas produce oil, from the statements of Nnamdi Kanu, he does not say "Niger delta oil" or "SS oil", he calls it "Biafra oil", in other words, Nnamdi Kanu's body language does not agree with you that Biafra will allow Niger delta with 100% resource control.
In History, Ojukwu had the same body language, that was why things fell apart between him and Awolowo when Awolowo asked him "If I secede the South west to help you, what is in it for us"?
It is believed that both regions breaking away at the same time will force the Nigerian side to fight the same war in two fronts thereby overwhelming their capabilities. Ojukwu never answered that question till he died.
Ojukwu is from the SE part of Nigeria where not even a single drop of oil has a chance of flowing same for Nnamdi Kanu, yet both of them (by body language) have an eye on SS oil, How are they different from the Northerners feasting on the SS oil?

Another fact that you misplaced is that Niger delta never presented 100% resource control, it was an activist on the radio just like Nnamdi Kanu that mentioned it, at the time they submitted a proposal for the conference, they proposed 50%, even at that, the Nigerian side had a superior argument, The Nigerian side argued that if that should happen, they will cease to benefit 13% from offshore oil, NDDC and Ministry of Niger delta will cease to be funded from the National budget & if they want to have total control of all the oil fields, they will be ready to pay exploratory cost beyond 2004 (when we signed the PSC) and Operating tax in arrears post 2004 till whenever.

It may equally interest you to note that Jonathan a son of the soil whose land is floating on oil and gas in literal terms smuggled in 10% community funds into the PIB hoping that the Niger delta will get 23% in cumulative sum, these are the cards the Nigerian side already have on the table, can you tell me exactly what Biafra is proposing? outside claiming all Niger delta areas as Biafra land and intimidating the SS to accept their terms over a fraudulent radio broadcast, give me a break!!

Opinion is like the @rse hole, everyone is entitled to one, SS can not lay claim to offshore oil which is the new kid on the block, so long as Nigeria has it under her control, trust me, Sokoto and Osun will be just fine.
not sure what you mean that oil in se has no choice of flowing
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by jpphilips(m): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=kingzizzy post=39258212]

Your feeble attempt to to to justify the British invented fraud known as Nigeria makes interesting read because it is laughable beyond comprehension. What even makes it more funny is your aguement to keep the Southern minorities in Nigeria if the Igbos secede so they can remain perpetual cash cows of Odua/Arewanistan alliance.

Biafra is about the common man on the street. It's about thise you bus conductors, shoe makers and so on. It's not about Ibetos and other Billionaires and politicians. So if you think this is some elitist movement, think again.

You talked about Oil, which we all know is what you Nigerians are after, I already told you that 3 Igbo States are Oil producing but that the main focus of Biafra is not oil because we do not want to be a mono economy like Nigeria so the quantity produced is not the main issue. Ecen if all three Igbo producing state 100 barrels of Oil a day or enough to cover local consumption, we would be quite happy with that. Your so called Nigeria sold millions of barrels a day for many years but has nothing to show for it. Nigeria can't even meet local demand. There are many other things in Biafra that are more precious than you Godforsaken Oil no 1 of which is human development. Some of the richest nations in the world hace no Oil but are succes stories. As for the 3000 barrels of Oil I talked about being produced at Aguleri Otu,this was confirmed in the news not long ago when Chairman of Orient Oil, Emeka Anyaoku, paid the Wille Obiano a courtesy call.

You said that the Tributuaries at Oguta and Ubuaka in Abia are not viable. What made you an expert on Viability of the tributuaries? Have you got a degree in dredging and widening that we don't know about? Or are an ecological expert? Are you an authority on inland waterways?There is an inland river port in Onitsha where I have have seen smaller vessels discharge goods. There is even another waterway from Ebonyi that empties into Ocean. All you did was read unsubstantiated reports and came to talk nonsense. You probably don't even know that under international law, no independent country can be with access can be denied the means to bring good and services. Look, countries like Austria and Switzerland are landlocked but are individually richer than Nigeria. It's all about human development not sea port. The Okirikas, Ijaws, Ibibios and all of southern Nigeria want resource control. but they are starting to understand that they will never get it in Nigeria. It's impossible. Anyone in doubt about this should recall what happend at the last national conference. When the issue of resources control came up, the North were up in arms. The North even wanted the 13% derivation reduced. The North that resource control by the south will greatly reduce their federal government subventions and they will never agree to it. If the issue of resource control ever makes it to the national assembly, you can be sure that the North will vote it off with their numerical strenght. Anyone hoping for resource control in Nigeria is wasting their time.

As I said before, no amount of Biafran investments outside Biafra in Nigeria is worth our sovereignty and freedom. It will be up to the Ibetos, Athur Ezes to know the next line of action after Biafra is achieved. If Nigeria should sieze their assets or deny them control of it, then maybe it is the eyeopener they need that Nigerians were never their friends in the first place.

To say that the SS does not qualify for referendum is the myopic conclusion of someone looking for oil money. What is the SS? A geographical expression not even recognised in the contitution? You are trying to say the Ijaw nation,the Oron nation, the Ogoni nation have no right to self determination? Don't be daft. They have the right to secede and they have the right to decide where they are going. As I said earlier, any of the minorities that are not comfortable with Biafra have our best wishes. Another thing, when you talk about Igbos, do not reduce us to 5 states. There are many indigenous Igbos who are proud of their Igboness in Delta state and Rivers and all of them are going with us. When it comes to Ikwere people, some say they are Igbo some say they are not. Remarkably, the Ikwere Man is the only person who thinks he is not Igbo while everyone else like the Okrikas,the Ogonis, Ijaws etc consider the pure unadulterated Igbos. Even a Yoruba man would not know the difference between me as an Anambra man and an Ikwere man. Unless and Ikwere man actually says he is Ikwere, everyone will think he is Igbo because his language is Igbo and his surname is Igbo too. The important thing here is not what the Ikwere man thinks he is, what is important is this. Faced with the choice of remaining in Nigeria and seeking a new beginning in Biafra with their Igbo brethren, which would the Ikwere choose? What brings the Ikwere Man together with the Hausa man or the Yoruba man? I have no doubt what the Ikwere man would choose. Which is the lesser of the two evils? Ikwere will not leave their oil rich ancestral land to join Igbos but prefare to remain in Nigeria and share that Oil with Igbos,Yorubas, Hausas and everyone else? Don't make me laugh

Your aguement to keep your fraud of a nation together is completely baseless. Biafra is coming and there nothing anyone can do about it

Point of correction, I am only bringing to your notice very important parts of your struggle that Nnamdi Kanu may have kept in wraps. If Ojukwu was able to predict what he met in PH, Bonny and Calabr sector during the war, trust me, he wouldn't have started the whole Biafran madness in the first place, Niger delta is waiting!!
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by playahata: 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2015
[quote author=jpphilips post=39213986][/quote]Here's a packet of paracetamol for your Biafra induced migraine. Hope that it's not of the chronic variety though. I will recommend something later for insomnia. Cheers
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by jpphilips(m): 5:31pm On Oct 23, 2015
kingzizzy

** Nigeria produce more oil offshore than in Niger delta #fact#
** Nigerian people invested massively in the Niger delta for their oil to flow #fact#
** All the Biafran protagonists have always had their eyes on Niger delta oil starting from Ojukwu to Uwazurike and this latest miscreant, Nnamdi Kanu #fact#

Armed with the above facts, I can not descend to your level of ignorance to vacillate venom of perfidy.

Make no mistakes, the Gulf of guinea is sitting on 5% of the world's proven oil reserves, if you add the JDZ's to it, Nigeria alone can boast of nearly 10% of world oil production output with or without the Niger delta, I don't expect you to know that, because you spend more time in the market, running errands for traders for your daily bread.

Kachikwu the new NNPC GMD just secured over $2.3b loan, a debt on every citizen of this country to advance oil exploration for the next 5yrs, perhaps once we hit 5mbopd, a lunatic like you will jump out to call others parasites who are feeding on cash cows.

Ojukwu who was the first Biafran protagonist came from Nnewi in Anambra State, Ojukwu's village can hardly produce underground water let alone crude oil, during the Ahiara declaration of 1969 & Biafran declaration of may 30th 1967, Ojukwu was kind enough to draw the Biafran map beyond his village down to the coast of Bonny Island, thank God for Adaka boro who taught him that a frog that jumps into a cold water is lucky compared to one that landed in hot water.

Here comes Nnamdi Kanu the latest Biafran protagonist, he has redrawn the borders of Biafra over the radio beyond his village down to Calabar and out of curiosity I ask, Is it impossible for the SE to get their Biafra, then allow the SS to decide which master to follow or encourage the Niger delta to get their own republic?

Read the hand writing on the wall, Kanu is coming for the SS oil as much as Arewa is coming for it, I see no damn difference.

You mean people who lost out in the April general elections? common man? is Kanu a common man? yet he lives in a mansion in UK and collects donations to the tune of $20,000 from the m0r0ns in diaspora as a monthly contribution to project his Biafran cause, tell me something new.

As for the 3000 barrels of Oil I talked about being produced at Aguleri Otu,this was confirmed in the news not long ago when Chairman of Orient Oil, Emeka Anyaoku, paid the Wille Obiano a courtesy call.

Guess you are exponentially dumb not to know that you should Paste the link to the said publication to prove your point, are you that r@tarded?

You said that the Tributuaries at Oguta and Ubuaka in Abia are not viable. What made you an expert on Viability of the tributuaries? Have you got a degree in dredging and widening that we don't know about? Or are an ecological expert? Are you an authority on inland waterways?There is an inland river port in Onitsha where I have have seen smaller vessels discharge goods. There is even another waterway from Ebonyi that empties into Ocean. All you did was read unsubstantiated reports and came to talk nonsense. You probably don't even know that under

Young man, it is clear that when I used the word "viable" you had no idea what it meant, should I blame you? when your un resourcefulness could not lay hands on the Maritime map of Nigeria, is that my fault? You just proved to the world that you are a stark village champion, you think that having a river pass through your back yard makes it viable in maritime parlance? I cant see Adult education bailing you out of your deep seated ignorance. jeez! you stink!!

Under international law, no independent country can be with access can be denied the means to bring good and services.

Gentlemen! here we have it, this statement can only come from a primary school drop out though I am not surprised.
Two countries can only trade if they have a negotiated Bilateral trade agreement either as individual countries or a regional block,
The USA and Russia don't trade as at today same for Syria, Burma and North Korea, all the EU countries and Russia don't trade, The EU and Iran don't trade, Common wealth nations and Iran don't trade, EU and Nkorea don't trade, same for US and other Common wealth nations.
Israel's blockade in Gaza strip and west bank into Palestinian territories is over 20yrs , Nigeria's blockade on Biafra was over 1yr plus, Egyptian blockade on Palestine is 2yrs old, Turkey - Syrian Blockade is over 10yrs old, I have enlightened you enough, I think I prefer you in dumb mode.

Like I replied you before, you are speaking from a counterfeiting petty traders point of view, when you can afford an investment, lets talk

To say that the SS does not qualify for referendum is the myopic conclusion of someone looking for oil money. What is the SS? A geographical expression not even recognised in the contitution? You are trying to say the Ijaw nation,the Oron nation, the Ogoni nation have no right to self determination? Don't be daft. They have the right to secede and they have the right to decide where they are going. As I said earlier, any of the minorities that are not comfortable with Biafra have our best wishes. Another thing, when you talk about Igbos, do not reduce us to 5 states.

I don't expect a school drop out to understand what I said, the interpretation you gave up there did not come from me, I said that going by the 2007 indigenous people's right & indigenous land right harped on radio Biafra by Nnamdi Kanu, SS does not qualify for a UN referendum to join Biafra, If you think otherwise, go to the charter and prove me wrong or encourage your lunatic director to call for the referendum before January of 2016, as simple as that.
I am not reducing you to 5 states, that is what you are and that is what you will get, stop raising your hopes.
I know you are not educated as such will have difficulty in reading.

There are many indigenous Igbos who are proud of their Igboness in Delta state and Rivers and all of them are going with us. When it comes to Ikwere people, some say they are Igbo some say they are not. Remarkably, the Ikwere Man is the only person who thinks he is not Igbo while everyone else like the Okrikas,the Ogonis, Ijaws etc consider the pure unadulterated Igbos. Even a Yoruba man would not know the difference between me as an Anambra man and an Ikwere man. Unless and Ikwere man actually says he is Ikwere, everyone will think he is Igbo because his language is Igbo and his surname is Igbo too. The important thing here is not what the Ikwere man thinks he is, what is important is this. Faced with the choice of remaining in Nigeria and seeking a new beginning in Biafra with their Igbo brethren, which would the Ikwere choose?

The bold part can only come from a disgruntled Igbo man in far away Anambra state, continue living in derision till the day of reckoning

What brings the Ikwere Man together with the Hausa man or the Yoruba man? I have no doubt what the Ikwere man would choose. Which is the lesser of the two evils? Ikwere will not leave their oil rich ancestral land to join Igbos but prefare to remain in Nigeria and share that Oil with Igbos,Yorubas, Hausas and everyone else? Don't make me laugh

Thief, you think you deserve the ND oil by virtue of being a Biafran but you think others don't, Your ignorance stink

Point of correction, I am only bringing to your notice very important parts of your struggle that Nnamdi Kanu may have kept in wraps. If Ojukwu was able to predict what he met in PH, Bonny and Calabar sector during the war, trust me, he wouldn't have started the whole Biafran madness in the first place, Niger delta is waiting!!
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by freezy(m): 5:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
Dang. @Jpphilips

Learnt so much from you today.

Cheers mate...

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 6:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
one fact that most of you are ignoring is that not all Niger delta areas produce oil, from the statements of Nnamdi Kanu, he does not say "Niger delta oil" or "SS oil", he calls it "Biafra oil", in other words, Nnamdi Kanu's body language does not agree with you that Biafra will allow Niger delta with 100% resource control."

Niger delta is a Nigerian term not to be used in Biafra. Niger delta today is an ambiguous term that includes areas like Ondo and Edo, areas of no interest to Biafra, even Imo and Abia are part of Niger delta today.

In Biafra we deal with ethnic nationalities, and if those ethnic nationalities of interest to Biafra be part of Biafra, then their oil wealth can be called Biafra oil wealth, just as Texas oil can be called USA oil, but does not in anyway remove the fact that Texas oil wealth is under the control of Texas people. Nnamdi mustnt say Ogoni oil wealth, Asa oil wealth, Egbema oil wealth, Ikwerre oil wealth, etc, when he can cover them all with the simple phrase: Biafra oil.

Your Nnamdi bodylanguage ish is but a mere figment of your Arewa-Oduanistan imagination. No where and time did Nnamdi suggest that Biafra will run the parasitic government style of Nigeria. I thought we are dealing with facts here, and not speculations conjured from mis interpreted body languages?

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
"If I secede the South west to help you, what is in it for us"?

Again this is a typical Yoruba propaganda. Can you site any "CREDIBLE" source corroborating this your Ogbomosho beer parlour gist?

Even though the above was a lie, let's for once assume that it's true. What exactly was Awo looking for in return from Ojukwu? A share of the Eastern region oil wealth?

Is the very fact that victory will ensure an independent Odua republic not enough for Awo, Is the fact that. SW gets to be independent of Arewa and Biafra not enough reward. Haven't Yorubas been lying to themselves that it was Zik that dragged Awo into the one Nigeria project ab initio?

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 6:54pm On Oct 23, 2015

Yet another round of speculations coming from interpretations from body language, and not facts, but yet forced down the throat of the watching audience as facts. Clearly some people think they are in the local village beer parlour, where they spew craps to the uneducated villagers and go free. Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2015

The Nigerian oil sector wasn't developed by funds realized from groundnut or Cocoa, it was the oil companies who bore the initial cost of exploration and exploitation, took their gain and paid the central govt their own token.

It was from that token still generated from crude oil that the FG ran the govt and still 're invested in further exploration.

In other words, the oil industry is a self sustaining one, the money Nigeria can claim to have invested there, came directly from there too. With or without Arewa-Oduanistans, the oil industry will thrive , the fund you claim to have invested in the sector , you got it from the sector.

2 Likes

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2015

Biafra is proposing a modern state run on total resource control, where the units contribute to the centre, and not the centre cornering the resources of the units and turning it to bonanza for all.

Biafra is proposing a nation built on equity, shared culture, religion, language, and understanding built over centuries of co existence.

Biafra is promising everything Nigeria can never afford.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
** Nigeria produce more oil offshore than in Niger delta #fact#

Does Ethiopia have right over Eritrea sea coasts? How will Nigeria have right over oil wealth located on the coasts of bight of Biafra?

The moment the former Eastern region and Anioma unite in Biafra, is the moment Nigeria lose all claims to resources found in the bight of Biafra.

The oil wealth in those offshore, belongs to the communities living close to those seas, not those in Ogbomosho, Maiduguiri or even Enugu.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 7:27pm On Oct 23, 2015

Like you said, opinion is like an arsehole, you are entitled to yours too, even if they are far from reality.

Ofcourse, Osun and Sokoto will be fine in Islamic republic of Arewa-Oduanistan, after all, their relatives in Niger and Benin republics are just fine, such is the universality of human race.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2015
** All the Biafran protagonists have always had their eyes on Niger delta oil starting from Ojukwu to Uwazurike and this latest miscreant, Nnamdi Kanu #fact#

Well, the above is the Arewa-Oduanistan propaganda.
But below is the reality on ground:

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 7:41pm On Oct 23, 2015
"With the war ended, and as a
Commissioner in Rivers State, I soon
found that the Rivers State for which I had
fought did not end my nightmare. In the
first place, oil money from Ogoni country
(as well as Ijaw country) was being carted
away to LAGOS, leaving the Ogoni illiterate
and backward. This is anti-federalism". - Ken Saro Wiwa

Well, first it was Lagos, when they were done, it became Abuja, a modern city built from scratch in a semi desert Arewaland.
Then Kano LGA increased to 40 plus to enable more siphoning of the ND crude oil wealth.

To rob salt to injury, a refinery in Kaduna, another desert.

All these while the oil region laid in decay.

Now we know who has sight on ND oil wealth, and already has their fangs sinked deep on it.

Meanwhile, look at the person who fought hard to move the NLNG to PH, the Niger delta capital, oops! It's an Igbo man.

Guess those who opposed him , including trying to blackmail him to delay the relocation and insisted on having the NLNG remain in Lagos? Yea the Arewa-Oduanistans.saharareporters.com/2011/10/27/nlng-managing-director-70-million-headquarters-relocation-controversy

What was NLNG doing in Arewa-Oduanistan in the first place instead of the ND? Never mind, it was sited there by Biafrans who had sight on ND oil wealth and not by Arewa-Oduanistans, remind me again what Awo wanted from Ojukwu ? Yea, you guessed right, Gowon offered it to him, right? Well Saro Wiwa lamentation seem to suggest so.

1 Like

Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:56pm On Oct 23, 2015
pazienza:
"... the Gowon regime dissolved the regional structures and created 12 states in their place.14 Shortly afterwards, the country became embroiled in a civil war which ended formally on 15 January 1970". http://books.openedition.org/ifra/634?lang=en

Dindirin!
Why do you Flat heads seem to always have a problem with comprehension?

Always boasting about education but when it comes to mental dexterity, you are invariably left stranded with a fixated rigid inflexible mindset (seemingly all mixed up and permanently set like concrete) unable to process information towards arriving at a local objective conclusion - your arguments are often forceful and lacking in merit.

Pls explain what you did not understand; for the sake of clarity let me rephrase what I said in my earlier post.

Yes, Gowon may have replaced the regions with states but by the time he did they were merely names on paper; because Ironsi had already taken away their autonomy via decree 34 of 1966; in other words they ceased to function as federating units but were instead made to become completely subservient to the central government under the new unitary system - that is why till date, all the history annals will continue to accredit Ironsi's legacy with removing the regional system of governance and replacing it with a unitary system (that had subsequently evolved to its present form).

To help you understand a little more, kindly do a bit of research on the meaning of UNITARY SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT and on decree 34 of 1966; find out the purpose of this decree and how Ironsi used booth to shape the future of Nigeria (google is your friend).

BTW, if you thought you had insulted me by referring to me as an Almajiri, then you are quite wrong; in Hausa it simply means; a pupil, student or scholar; yes, an accolade I am very happy to bear - so feel to call me an Almajiri anytime - if only it will keep you ignorantly happy.
Re: The Biafran Intention Exposed by pazienza(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Dindirin!
Why do you Flat heads seem to always have a problem with comprehension?

Always boasting about education but when it comes to mental dexterity, you are invariably left stranded with a fixated rigid inflexible mindset (seemingly all mixed up and permanently set like concrete) unable to process information towards arriving at a local objective conclusion - your arguments are often forceful and lacking in merit.

Pls explain what you did not understand; for the sake of clarity let me rephrase what I said in my earlier post.

Yes, Gowon may have replaced the regions with states but by the time he did they were merely names on paper; because Ironsi had already taken away their autonomy via decree 34 of 1966; in other words they ceased to function as federating units but were instead made to become completely subservient to the central government under the new unitary system - that is why till date, all the history annals will continue to accredit Ironsi's legacy with removing the regional system of governance and replacing it with a unitary system (that had subsequently evolved to its present form).

To help you understand a little more, kindly do a bit of research on the meaning of UNITARY SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT and on decree 34 of 1966; find out the purpose of this decree and how Ironsi used booth to shape the future of Nigeria (google is your friend).

BTW, if you thought you had insulted me by referring to me as an Almajiri, then you are quite wrong; in Hausa it simply means; a pupil, student or scholar; yes, an accolade I am very happy to bear - so feel to call me an Almajiri anytime - if only it will keep you ignorantly happy.

You are too dull. Ironsi was murdered for his attempt at entrenching unitary system of government in the system. He only just about unified the civil service before he was murdered by those opposed to his unitary plans.

Is it not stupid to suggest that the reason why the same people that killed Ironsi for attempting to implement unitary system , went on to not only implement the system but bastardized it and created dysfunctional units called states was because Ironsi attempted to promote the unitary system?
Isn't this your argument self defeating.

You really need your head examined.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fresh Crisis In Southwest PDP Over Kashamu / Mmiata Community Sends SOS To Government Over Herdsmen Attacks / Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.