Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,675 members, 7,955,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:13 AM

Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? (46280 Views)

Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) / Gowon Shakes Hands With Trudeau..in 1973 / Yakubu Gowon Shaking Hands With, Justin Trudeau Current Canadian Prime Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by adconline(m): 3:34am On Oct 22, 2015
tbaba1234:
Ronald Reagan was 69 when he was elected.
Clinton is in her 60s running for office
Bernie Sanders is 75
Trump is in his 60s too

It is not about the age.
Then compare their depth and analytical mindset with leaders like GMB.. GMB didn't know West Germany stopped existing in 1990s; doesn't understand what inclusivity means. Naija is toast!!
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:39am On Oct 22, 2015
xty2cool:
Age is not the issue for me but the brain inside the head. Old or Young the main thing is what you got to offer. For Buhari , the brain inside the head is not good enough for today's Nigeria. We need men with unusual approach to governance and vision. Buhari don't belong to that class and don't expect much from him.
What can you wailers do now? Abeg u re just wailing 4 nothing but high blood pressure dat cud kill you.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:41am On Oct 22, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

The zoo called nigeria is a damned damnation. An irredemable cesspit, I won't be surprised if the same gowon shamelessly comes out to contest for presidency in 2023. The zoo is cursed and must disintegrate for its occupiers to survive and progress.
Then get out of d zoo mumu.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Nobody: 4:17am On Oct 22, 2015
xty2cool:
Age is not the issue for me but the brain inside the head. Old or Young the main thing is what you got to offer. For Buhari , the brain inside the head is not good enough for today's Nigeria. We need men with unusual approach to governance and vision. Buhari don't belong to that class and don't expect much from him.
but we tried GEJ and he messed up the nation and our economy. he equally set naija back and destroy do future of our unborn children. buhari is on a rescue mission.

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by tbaba1234: 4:20am On Oct 22, 2015
adconline:

Then compare their depth and analytical mindset with leaders like GMB.. GMB didn't know West Germany stopped existing in 1990s; doesn't understand what inclusivity means. Naija is toast!!

He made a mistake, Google US presidents gaffes and you will see that they have made similar gaffes. It happens. US politicians make gaffes regularly.

Did Joe Biden not call Africa, a country? That is the US VP.

Pray tell, what deep analytical mindset does George Bush have or Donald trump? Then we have also had people like Hermain Cain and Palin run for office? What analytical brain do they have?

Even Ben Carson is politically very naive.

3 Likes

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Biosahal: 5:06am On Oct 22, 2015
kettykin:
So a 42 year old man is now the prime minister and head of government of one of the biggest economies in the world while some fraudsters with their change gimmicks has fooled Nigerians into electing a 70 year old ex military personnel to be their president.
2019 is not far from now.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Biosahal: 5:10am On Oct 22, 2015
bettercreature:
The worse is they even said we dont have any youth worthy of being a minister? WHAT a cursed nation
Without sentiment,africa is cursed
A cursed mind or a curse nation?
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Biosahal: 5:11am On Oct 22, 2015
alaoeri:
Abeg the younger generations are not ready to rule, Dimeji Bankole, Farouk Lawan, FFK etc have been tested in which they all fumbled big time.

Tell them.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by solinho(m): 6:21am On Oct 22, 2015
kettykin:
So a 42 year old man is now the prime minister and head of government of one of the biggest economies in the world while some fraudsters with their change gimmicks has fooled Nigerians into electing a 70 year old ex military personnel to be their president.
sorry man, he would be most probably a 44year old and not 42
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by isinno: 7:11am On Oct 22, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]You guys should understand that even If we vote a son of an Ex Ruler, We will still complain if its only there Family ~ a thief we know is better than the one we don't know @ all
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by mbhs139(m): 8:26am On Oct 22, 2015
anonimi:

Na which kain prayer be that?
Na real curse you dey wish for so!
A man who could not campaign for long and had to go to London "to rest" according to his wife. A man who confessed he cannot perform at 72.
Why would anyone wish to have his brain and bones function like that at 72

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2168547_boko_jpegb68e1f99d87674891f8bb5b8e27161d0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2442363_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
It's like you did not get the message. I say make you thank God if your life still fit compare to Buhari by the time wey you turn 70 years old. If them never damn you to huna village, dey walk with stick.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 22, 2015
Chinaimporter:
[size=18pt] The greatest mistake we made in nigeria is not allowing the flaming sword of uthman dan fodio to sanctify the south
Nigeria will never have peace untill the flaming sword of uthman danfodio touched the atlantic ocean and the religion of peace soak up the heart of all nigerians so that we can see ourself as brothers.

[/size]

BABBAN JAHILI KENAN.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by chccho(m): 8:36am On Oct 22, 2015
i dont see any biggie here, all i see is transfer of power from father to son..
which is also the same case here in Naija...so kini big deal?
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by DJKOP(m): 10:32am On Oct 22, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

The zoo called nigeria is a damned damnation. An irredemable cesspit, I won't be surprised if the same gowon shamelessly comes out to contest for presidency in 2023. The zoo is cursed and must disintegrate for its occupiers to survive and progress.

means u re an animal if nigeria is a zoo.

please, the notion here is about Nigeria & not Buhari.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by fatstan1: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2015
Ilekeh:
Was this a democratic movement? Why is the son of a prime minister now a prime minister?

I sense nepotism.

Heard of the "Bush" family or Hillary Clinton?
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by ylaa(f): 11:06am On Oct 22, 2015
ok, but don't wait for too long to share your ideas.
bettercreature:
You are a wify material,you sound very cool and calm and when i checked your signature,it says so much about you
Well i wouldnt like to say it here because i dont want people to tap my idea
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by alaskido(m): 11:41am On Oct 22, 2015
In Nigeria the you will not grow and the old will not die. It is the reverse. Buhari, Babangida etc should read this.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by holocron: 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
What was his father's contributions to his success?
Do you know that he won from an opposition party and wasn't even a favourite prior to the polls.
But he succeeded in communicating his ideas and was voted in by the masses.
The case is Nigeria is where we complain our leaders have failed us and still vote the same set of people into power.
It is only a fool that does the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.
Our fathers has failed us woefuly, we should try out another section of our society in leadership.

The situation in Nigeria is not the same so we should not expect similar results. The masses lack economic and military power. The political elite control the sources of wealth (mineral exploitation and export) and coercive power of the state. THEY form and control the political parties. Is it not who is fielded by the parties that are voted for? Besides voting is widely influenced by bribery, intimidation, violence, and even outright rigging.

Until the masses achieve a level of economic independence and are politically empowered (radicalized, if you will) they will laƧk the force to project their will on the elite.

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Spybradd: 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2015
tbaba1234:

Buhari is a graduate of the US war college. His degree is equivalent to a masters degree, nowadays.

I see.so before,it was equivalent to garri sch degree,huh?

grin
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by Adetoi01(m): 9:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
When something is done by Nigeria, we complain, when it is done by the Western world, we applaud them. Was Reagan not a month less 70 when he became the POTUS? Will Clinton not be almost 70 if she gets elected to the office of the POTUS too? Trudeau is a son of an ex-PM, George Bush a son of a former President etc, if that is done in Nigeria, people will complain they've turn it into a dynasty. The vice president of the US doubles as the Senate president (constitutionally), if such happens in Nigeria, we say, "Chai, the people wey right the Constitution wan finish the money, na only them dey". Nawa o. Make una appreciate naija. Na awa land!
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by yassjib: 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nigeria will be better someday
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by adconline(m): 2:13am On Oct 23, 2015
tbaba1234:

He made a mistake, Google US presidents gaffes and you will see that they have made similar gaffes. It happens. US politicians make gaffes regularly.

Did Joe Biden not call Africa, a country? That is the US VP.

Pray tell, what deep analytical mindset does George Bush have or Donald trump? Then we have also had people like Hermain Cain and Palin run for office? What analytical brain do they have?

Even Ben Carson is politically very naive.

Saying West Germany or mistaking Chancellor Angela Merkel for President Angelina Merkel is pure display of incompetence.. How could u forget ur visitor's name??
How difficult is "inclusive" to be interpreted for bush and Trump?? Americans aren't that dumb!!
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by tbaba1234: 4:16am On Oct 23, 2015
adconline:

Saying West Germany or mistaking Chancellor Angela Merkel for President Angelina Merkel is pure display of incompetence.. How could u forget ur visitor's name??
How difficult is "inclusive" to be interpreted for bush and Trump?? Americans aren't that dumb!!

It is not smart either to call Africa a country but the US vice president did.

It happens.

Buhari's finished from the prestigious US war college alongside names like Dwight D. Eisenhower and Colin Powell. He is not dumb.

Unfortunately, Nigerians love to put Americans on some kind of pedestal. I live in America and I see how shallow some of their politicians are. It is not perfect anywhere. Not even close.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by adconline(m): 4:50am On Oct 23, 2015
tbaba1234:

It is not smart either to call Africa a country but the US vice president did.

It happens.

Buhari's finished from the prestigious US war college alongside names like Dwight D. Eisenhower and Colin Powell. He is not dumb.

Unfortunately, Nigerians love to put Americans on some kind of pedestal. I live in America and I see how shallow some of their politicians are. It is not perfect anywhere. Not even close.

Comparing likes of Colin Powel and Eisenhower with GMB is pure insult to the Anerica's finest.
No US VP has called Africa a country, but Sarah Palin, a VP candidate was alleged to have thought that way during election.
GMB was extended an invitation by German govt, treated and hosted by German Chancellor and he forgot the names of the host country and chancellor.. This is crass incompetence and irresponsiblity. Pls don't spin this for me!! It's like not remembering the name of ur best friend and address of his home after he had hosted a lavish party for u!!
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by tbaba1234: 5:02am On Oct 23, 2015
adconline:

Comparing likes of Colin Powel and Eisenhower with GMB is pure insult to the Anerica's finest.
No US VP has called Africa a country, but Sarah Palin, a VP candidate was alleged to have thought that way during election.
GMB was extended an invitation by German govt, treated and hosted by German Chancellor and he forgot the names of the host country and chancellor.. This is crass incompetence and irresponsiblity. Pls don't spin this for me!! It's not remembering the name of ur best friend and address of his home after he had hosted a lavish party for u!!

This is US vice president calling Africa a nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm-mp9kmDY0

If you want, I can dig up more gaffes.

1 Like

Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by tbaba1234: 5:15am On Oct 23, 2015
adconline:

GMB was extended an invitation by German govt, treated and hosted by German Chancellor and he forgot the names of the host country and chancellor.. This is crass incompetence and irresponsiblity. Pls don't spin this for me!! It's not remembering the name of ur best friend and address of his home after he had hosted a lavish party for u!!

These are more gaffes by George Bush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBZIcrhU1XQ
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by adconline(m): 5:55am On Oct 23, 2015
tbaba1234:

These are more gaffes by George Bush

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBZIcrhU1XQ
Didg up gaffes where a U.S. President forgot the name of head of state and country he just just visited?? GMB was giving account of his visits to Germany?? He had personal connection with Germany or West Germsny??
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by tbaba1234: 11:57am On Oct 23, 2015
adconline:

Didg up gaffes where a U.S. President forgot the name of head of state and country he just just visited?? GMB was giving account of his visits to Germany?? He had personal connection with Germany or West Germsny??

I can show you where Obama forgot his vice president's name or where Biden forgot Obama's name.
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by adconline(m): 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2015
tbaba1234:

I can show you where Obama forgot his vice president's name or where Biden forgot Obama's name.

GMB forgot his VP'name; forgot his party's name. How about his submission of "ministerail" list instead of "Ministerial"?
How about explaining to him what " inclusive" means?
Re: Pic : Gowon And Trudeau In 1973, Is Africa Moving Forward Or Backward??? by oluwaahmed: 10:26am On Feb 06, 2016
Old Barstardss rulin 9ja since demonstration of crase in 1999

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fashola & Wife In Couples Dance At Her Pre-birthday Party / Peter Mbah, Police, Others Flee During Certificate Of Return Presentation / Buhari And Amaechi Enter A Police Van In London (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.