Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 (16281 Views)

Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling / PDP Shifts National Convention To November, Makarfi Remains In Office / CCT Trial: Tribunal Adjourns Saraki's Case Indefinitely.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by onyepapa(m): 1:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
That's how they will keep adjourning till 2019
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by Photizooo(m): 1:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
DONSMITH123:
The Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, has adjourned the trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki over an alleged false asset declaration to November 5 and 6. This followed the pending judgment of the Court of Appeal‎ on the trial of the Senate President.

The Prosecuting counsel‎, Rotimi Jacobs, had prayed the tribunal to adjourn the trial out of respect for the appeal court, which reserved judgment on the suit filed by Saraki to stop his trial for alleged false declaration of assets. But Saraki’s lawyer, Mahmud Magaji, argued that the trial should be adjourned sine die.

Reacting, Chairman of the CCT, Danladi Umar objected, saying the defendant might “go and relax”.

He therefore gave a two-week time-off, ruling that trial would continue on November 5 and 6. Also, Saraki was ordered to take his seat in the accused box after Mahmud Magaji, his counsel, failed to stop the action.

Magaji had made an application that the trial be halted on the grounds that there was a pending suit at the appeal court, which is yet to deliver judgment on the matter. ‎

But Jacobs countered his argument, stating that Saraki must take his seat in the accused box before any application could be made. The chairman thereafter ruled that Senate President should step into the accused box.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/21/breaking-cct-adjourns-sarakis-trial-to-november-5/
Naija politics.
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by Rapoo(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
I thought as much!!! Later the case will die a natural death. No be naija we dey[/color]

1 Like

Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by Omobolaji20(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hmmmmm.
Mixed feelings.
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
Useless Country!

1 Like

Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by OnankpaBa(m): 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
EbirichBen:
I knw it wont pass like this.

Please give me reply after 4yrs

tanx

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by SuperMaq: 1:11pm On Oct 21, 2015
Saraki will postpone Amechi's screening to November 10 due to the fact that the Senate committee has not submitted the report on Amechi.

We are watching!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by damyzino(m): 1:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
bossOD:
When I say APC is a scam, some rats attacks my personality, but believe me APC does not mean fighting corruption, I promise Nigerian that very soon we will change the changer.
stop wailing and think about your clueless PDP who 16yrs(waste) and your dullard gej wasted billions jst to build the biggest mansion in otouka
pdp will never rule this country again
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by osazeeblue01: 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
Same thing we have be hearing.
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by OnankpaBa(m): 1:13pm On Oct 21, 2015
SuperMaq:
Saraki will postpone Amechi's screening to November 10 due to the fact that the Senate committee has not submitted the report on Amechi.

We are watching!

once is more than 21 days, Amaechi becomes a minister... grin grin

1 Like

Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by exwizzy90(m): 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2015
Naija Judiciary system is a mess. They will keep adjourning till the case is forgotten; that is what happens when a big fish is involved. Sometimes I wonder the version of democracy we are practicing here.
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by samuel82: 1:19pm On Oct 21, 2015
As this Saraki's case is going, i believe they will continue to adjorned the case till 2019
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
OnankpaBa:

My brother, he will has already escaped justice from the look of things.
It's very painful
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by opiaoku: 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2015
ngeneukwenu vs Chukwudi44

and Chukwudi44 finally win grin

chanting

ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by lumeneng22: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2015
When appeal court has adjourn theirs indefinitely why is code of conduct tribunal adlournig and fixing date on 5 & 6 the? Are they playing superiority or what?

1 Like

Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by Frankiss44(m): 1:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
"MAY GO AND RELAX" SMH... THESE IDIOTS ARE REALLY TAKING NIGERIANS FOR A RIDE
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2015
opiaoku:
ngeneukwenu vs Chukwudi44

and Chukwudi44 finally win grin

chanting

ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu ngeneukwenu

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin make you no make that guy to die of cardiac arrestooo.my hand no de dia

1 Like

Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by opiaoku: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
chukwudi44:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin make you no make that guy to die of cardiac arrestooo.my hand no de dia

Hehehehehehe tormenting continua grin

1 Like

Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
lumeneng22:
When appeal court has adjourn theirs indefinitely why is code of conduct tribunal adjourning and fixing date on 5 & 6 the? Are they playing superiority or what?

when that day comes and if the appeal court is yet to rule, it would be adjourned again grin grin grin na so four years go take finish with Saraki still functioning as senate president. grin grin grin
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by bossOD: 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
OnankpaBa:

change the changer...i laugh in spanish according to oluwasmith1.

APC will rule for another 16 years.
Quote me anywhere

for ur mind abi?
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by nicedas(m): 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2015
y d day am resuming school? #UNN
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by Reference(m): 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
deebsman1:
Saraki has no dignity, pls people where has dignity gone in this our obodo Nigeria dis days.......Ordinarily to maintain his rep, by now saraki should have honorably resign....crying for Nija

But those who chose the path of honour such as Jonathan who admitted his shortcomings and respected the will of the people are being hounded and villified more than any ever (rightly so) but step back and think it out for a minute. Does the fate of people like Jonathan encourage or discourage others from towing the path of honour when in this country the winners win all and the losers lose all. We created this monster so we just have to tame it.

We hate dignity. We call it cowardice. We call it cluelessness. We prefer the strong, brash, in your face, 'I am corrupt so what...' type of people. And there are plenty in the APC, party of 'many leaders'. So sorry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by orunto27: 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good luck SP!
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by deebsman1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
you are very on point but for the GEJ case, its a 50-50 things, he did well by conceding defeat but his style of governance was definitely not just it

Reference:

But those who chose the path of honour such as Jonathan who admitted his shortcomings and respected the will of the people are being hounded and villified more than any ever (rightly so) but step back and think it out for a minute. Does the fate of people like Jonathan encourage or discourage others from towing the path of honour when in this country the winners win all and the losers lose all. We created this monster so we just have to tame it.

We hate dignity. We call it cowardice. We call it cluelessness. We prefer the strong, brash, in your face, 'I am corrupt so what...' type of people. And there are plenty in the APC, party of 'many leaders'. So sorry.
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by eddyslim(m): 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2015
Sai Saraki
Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by Osakah24(m): 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
damyzino:

stop wailing and think about your clueless PDP who 16yrs(waste) and your dullard gej wasted billions jst to build the biggest mansion in otouka
pdp will never rule this country again
Fortunately for me I have seen Gejs house in otuoke,Objs house (village)in Otta and and IBB hill top house in Niger state,I know a mansion when I see one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCT Adjourns Saraki’s Trial To November 5 by Salafee1: 9:04pm On Oct 21, 2015
ajasbaba:
WE KNOW NAH,
EVEN WHEN THE DATE REACH THEY WILL STILL EXTEND IT TILL NEXT YEAR,

LATER YOU WILL NOT E
VEN HEAR IF IT AGAIN.
. dats naija 4 u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Ibe Kachikwu At The House Of Representatives Over The Fuel Price Hike / Reflections On Princeton Lyman’s View On Nigeria’s Growing Irrelevance / Governor Hides Jonathan’s One Term Pact Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.